Do you think a lot of actors will start playing roles in videogames from now on...

Do you think a lot of actors will start playing roles in videogames from now on? After all the videogame industry is now bigger than Hollywood

Attached: Cyberpunk.webm (1280x720, 2.55M)

Other urls found in this thread:

ign.com/articles/2018/04/09/gta-5-has-made-more-money-than-any-film-book-or-game-says-analyst
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

no, its too expensive to make games as it is. The industry will crash soon

Video games will surpass cinema as the dominant art form in the coming decade.

Everyone in the film industry with any brains is going to jump ship.

Considering that blockbusters have so much CGI that they are basically video game cutscenes... It has already happened.

>GTA V is made for $ 250 million
>brings in north of 6 billion
Yes, spending more money on making gigantic games really doesn't pay off.

>inb4 source
ign.com/articles/2018/04/09/gta-5-has-made-more-money-than-any-film-book-or-game-says-analyst

Hideo Kojima has been trying to do this for years with his whole "Digital Actor" philosophy. With Death Stranding and modern technology I think he's pretty much succeeded. He's gotten big name stars to be in his video game, even though it's mostly because he's been courting his way into Hollywood and making friends with a lot of people.

Attached: lea-seydoux-death-stranding-cast-guide-1.original.jpg (775x1200, 209K)

>spending more money on making gigantic games really doesn't pay off
In general, it really doesn't. You don't really think that budget is the reason we got Mass Effect Andromeda, do you? We've had shit loads of bad game with high budgets in the past two generations.

>100 million including marketing
>proceed to cut features and force release date
Did you know that the facial animation and cutscene glitches were easily fixed by a single line of code? The shit we saw was literally placeholders because the actual animations weren't getting activated. A simple oversight, absolutely inexcusable in a project this big, definitely result of getting pushed for the release date beyond reason.
Andromeda was the Justice League of video game releases.

Video Games will replace Blockbusters more and more in the future until they become the new definition of Blockbusters.

Deep.

He is literally only doing this to get in bed with Hollywood actresses. The only thing unclear is if he managed to fuck any A, B or C listers yet.

They've been doing it for years...
Jack Black in that guitar game, Until Dawn with a full cast of mocap actors, even Witcher 3 took David Beckham's likeness for Olgierd and probably Sam Neil for Geralt in some of the TW2 promotional material.

I think this definetely marks as some kind of turning point in actors in videogames in relation to films/tv. I'm just suprised that CD Projekt was the first one to get it right.

going back to gta: vice city and san andreas they had major hollywood stars allready

Yea and more recently LA Noire and Quantum Break.

>major hollywood stars
Name ten A listers in any video game.

Kevin Spacey was in Call of Duty. And Kit Harrington

Video games should supersede every creative genre from text to film.

Why do Kojima games have the most retarded titles? I literally cannot say Death Stranding without feeling bad for the English language.

lol based chimp retard, just these two games, 1 minute in google:
>vice city
Tommy Vercetti. Ray Liotta.
Ken Rosenberg. William Fichtner.
Steve Scott. Dennis Hopper.
Avery Carrington. Burt Reynolds.
Ricardo Diaz. Luis Guzman.
Lance Vance. Philip Michael Thomas.
Umberto Robina. Danny Trejo
Candy Suxxx. Jenna Jameson
>san andreas
Officer Tenpenny. Samuel L Jackson
Mike Toreno. James Woods
The Truth. Peter Fonda
Madd Dogg. Ice T

Attached: PATH VOL. 2 • APOCALYPTICA FEAT SANDRA NASIC • DEATH STRANDING OST [HQ 4K VIDEO CLIP] 2.jpg (3840x2160, 1.2M)

>A Hideo Kojima Game
>Scenario Hideo Kojima
>Producer Hideo Kojima
>Game Design and Director Hideo Kojima
>Kojima Studios
Classic. And I mean that in a bad way.

>check the zoomer

Attached: icc3i-command-performance-20070403021800861-000.jpg (420x280, 93K)

He's not super fluent in English and doesn't realize how fucking stupid it sounds.

>kojima's a genius visionary durr
Today I will remind them.

Attached: Screenshot_20190621-191426.jpg (2048x836, 269K)

No need to get all upset, I was genuinely curious. I might just need to rethink my take on what an A lister is these days, according to your list. The only people I recognize by name are William Fichtner due to Yea Forums memes, Dennis Hopper, Danny Trejo, Samuel Jackson and Peter Fonda. I can't even tell you how two of these look. Calling Jenna Jameson and Ice T A listers is something I can't get myself to ever agree with, but as I said, I might have to rethink my notion of Hollywood star / A lister.

>A lister
you just brought that up for the first time in this thread.
i just consider them "major" names in hollywood, as in an overwhelming majority of normies will at least recognize their face. it's still like a top 5% of hollywood, considering how many literal whos are there.
still there are a few names that can definitely be considered A-listers as they had leading roles in big movies in their time, like: Ray Liotta, Danny Trejo, Samuel L Jackson, Jenna Jameson :^)

Yes, I wouldn't have bothered with the notion if the guy listing a couple of names hadn't felt the need to resort to name-calling. It's a stupid category and it adds nothing to the thread. I apologise.