ITT: Based directors

ITT: Based directors.

Attached: Screenshot_20190622-013531(1).jpg (1080x467, 176K)

Other urls found in this thread:

variety.com/2019/film/asia/shanghai-how-nuri-bilge-ceylan-sees-the-world-so-differently-1203248617/
imdb.com/poll/7xh_BR_4zA4/
simonpegg.net/2015/05/19/big-mouth-strikes-again/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Who

variety.com/2019/film/asia/shanghai-how-nuri-bilge-ceylan-sees-the-world-so-differently-1203248617/

People who think superhero films are killing movies have no understanding of film history. It's been shit since at least the eighties.

Attached: 1513800932953.jpg (1230x1664, 496K)

Lynch

>Yea Forums is the deep web
Josh is not the smart one

on Spike Jonze
>He’s the biggest fraud out there. If you bring him to a party he’s the least interesting person at the party, he’s the person who doesn’t know anything. He’s the person who doesn’t say anything funny, interesting, intelligent… He’s a pig piece of shit.

on Martin Scorsese
>I wouldn’t work for Martin Scorsese for $10 million. He hasn’t made a good film in 25 years. I would never work with an egomaniac has-been.

on Sofia/Francis Coppola
>Sofia Coppola likes any guy who has what she wants. If she wants to be a photographer she’ll fuck a photographer. If she wants to be a filmmaker, she’ll fuck a filmmaker. She’s a parasite just like her fat, pig father was.

on Abel Ferrara
>Abel Ferrara was on so much crack when I did The Funeral, he was never on set. He was in my room trying to pick-pocket me.

on Quentin Tarantino
>He's a collage artist.

Attached: gallo.jpg (300x300, 30K)

ha ha! I like these. anymore?

imdb.com/poll/7xh_BR_4zA4/

You kno damn well he just means Yea Forums is fascists. And he's right. It's a bunch of nazis and Republicans.

Based, just watched Once Upon a Time in Anatolia yesterday. Great film.

>the irony in every single one of these comments
Gallo is a hack.

>roach
No thanks

He got his dick sucked on camera by Chloe Sevingy so I'd say he's pretty based

Wow what a great comeback.

Attached: Capture.png (626x209, 71K)

Madea Halloween was objectively better than BlacKkKlansman

>Superman makes me vomit, Batman and all that. That whole empire...this religion. It is so important that superheroes suffer...I don't give a damn, I shit on the United States.

Attached: 1541229652760.jpg (306x165, 6K)

>Gallo calling Scorcese an egomaniac

Attached: projecting.png (645x367, 414K)

Does anything comes CLOSE to this?

Attached: zef.jpg (1536x2207, 709K)

What was bleeped out here? Was he naming the jew?

Attached: beep.png (571x189, 69K)

>Wow what a great comeback.
And yet more people need to say that

>Got popular due to the terrible taste of US artistic cliques
Okay very based for shitting on the people who essentially made this hack.

Werner Herzog
"Someone like Jean-Luc Godard is for me intellectual counterfeit money when compared to a good kung-fu film.”

>got Harmony Korine's STD
wow baste

>an Jew

He's french, english isn't his first language, give him a break.

based

Yeah but this guy is just as shit for other reasons

>Nerd culture is the product of a late capitalist conspiracy designed to infantalize the consumer as a means of non-aggressive control
Pegg
>This embracing of what were unambiguously childrens characters at their mid20th century inception indicates a retreat from the overwhelming complexities of modern existence
Moore
>Fans dont wanna admit SW is for children, they get upset about being childlike
Lucas
>A 12yo boy had seen SW over a 100 times: I said can you promise never to see it again? He burst into tears. I hope the lad, now in his 30s, isnt living in a fantasy world of secondhand childish banalities
Guinness
>SW created the big-budget comics mentality, ate the heart & the soul of Hollywood
Schrader
>Superheroes flying around in spandex saving the world are fine for children, children of all ages btw, but its not for me
Friedkin
>I read comics when I was a kid, I dont read them now, I prefer adult oriented stuff
Eastwood
>Became an elevated art form? Its still Batman running around in a stupid cape. Its for kids, adolescent in its core
Cronenberg
>Action without human beings. A 1st in film history. Kids used to be able to learn how a man should act by watching films. Morals. Comics make heroes for businesses
McTiernan
>I hope we get Avenger fatigue soon. There are other stories to tell
Cameron
>Superman Vs Spiderman, Iron Man Vs Superman… I cant believe people are paying to see this shit
Verhoeven
>Spandex must cost a lot. Im baffled by it
Gibson
>Superman makes me vomit. That whole empire, religion. Its so important that superheroes suffer… I dont give a damn, I shit on the US
Jodorowsky
>Hate em. Theyre bullshit. Grow up
Gilliam
>SW & Superman have nothing to do with art
Tarkovsky 1982
>Theyre punishment
Ceylan
>Poison, cultural genocide. Audience so overexposed to plot & explosions & shit that means nothing about the experience of being human
Iñárritu
>Produced by humans who cant stand looking at other humans. Thats why the industry is full of otaku!
Miyazaki

Attached: simonpeggweightlossz1.jpg (595x700, 51K)

David Cronenberg
on M. Night Shymalan: >"I HATE that guy! Next question."

These quotes are making my night

>Nerd culture is the product of a late capitalist conspiracy designed to infantalize the consumer as a means of non-aggressive control
>Pegg

>I love Science Fiction and fantasy and do not think it’s all childish.
>I do not think it is all generated by dominant forces as a direct means of control…much.
>I am still a nerd and proud.
simonpegg.net/2015/05/19/big-mouth-strikes-again/

>Age of the viewer makes a difference
Then how can he explain grown adult people watching (worse, paying to see) those movies???

>Friedkin
Awesome director

Zero idea but Rivette is a great director, shame that he isn't that well known. He is the best out of French New Wave.

They watch it to pass time and forget about their shitty lives. Not for a cinematic experience.

>James Cameron
>Don't see superhero cartoons, watch my blue cat people cartoons instead

Stay mad capedrone

absolutely seething mousecuck

>shits on people who are more important and famous than him in the hopes that he will become more relevant
typical

I didn't know there were faggots still larping as Navi but I guess we found the only two left, btw I don't watch children's tripe regardless of whether it features capes or blue cats, kys

Tim Burton
>on Kevin Smith (after Smith jokingly accused Burton of stealing the ending of Planet of the Apes from a Smith comic book): "Anyone who knows me knows I would never read a comic book. And I would especially never read anything created by Kevin Smith."

Kevin Smith
>on Tim Burton (in response to "I would never read a comic book"): "Which, to me, explains *beep* Batman."

Yet! I consider Kevin Smith a has-been director with only one or two sparks

>I hope we get Avenger fatigue soon. There are other stories to tell

Like Avatar 2, Avatar 3, Avatar 4, and Avatar 5

>It's been shit since at least the eighties.
yes but those shit blockbusters were made as family movies to drag in the kids and their parents, they were never adult movies
now those kids are adults and that's still all they watch lmao

You can say and thing what you want about Gallo, but he is absolutely 100% right on every single one of those hacks.

all of this guys complaining about commercial products are retards that don't understand how the business works. They think that making a good film (whatever their idea of good is) should sell and they are wrong
they just need to cope with reality

also his dick his pretty sizeable
still a hack tho

go to bed Vince, your movies are terrible

How do people like you even exist holy shit

Attached: npc.jpg (473x461, 67K)

Each Avatar will be different and fundamentally change cinema.

>Spike Jonze
Was he the one who was shouting that he was the new Godard at a party? If not who was it?

“I tried ‘Black Panther.’ I escaped from the cinema after 20 minutes,” Noé said. “I thought it was as bad as ‘Star Wars.’ I hated ‘Star Wars.’ I hated the R&B music. The music was so bad that I had to escape. But you know which one I like? What’s the name of the Denis Villeneuve movie? ‘Arrival.’ That one was good.”

Attached: Based Gaspar.jpg (1080x681, 38K)

Based kinomancer.

He's wrong in literally all of them except Tarantino.

movies are for retards

they think that capeshit is taking away viewers and money from their project, but they're wrong. If it wasn't for capeshit people wouldn't even bother to move from their netflix and chill

Attached: kevin smith on magnolia.png (620x193, 62K)

>>Superheroes flying around in spandex saving the world are fine for children, children of all ages btw, but its not for me
>Friedkin
Based

Bug is a criminally underrated film btw

it was a fake/stunt cock he gets mad if you ask him about it

Yeah the reality that cinema is permanently dead

>cinema is permanently dead
if your view of cinema is only on the top of the box office charts

based

Is this meant to be an ironic quote?

based

>implying indie and foreign shit is saturated with great films

Bug is a masterpiece. I don't know why anyone doesn't talk about it.

>smith

he's so far up his own ass he can't allow himself to be self-aware.