It's salt

It's salt.

Attached: It's salt.jpg (500x497, 28K)

Other urls found in this thread:

starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Sharp_(Resistance)
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Attached: 1533617480517.jpg (1114x1121, 449K)

Rian Johnson is the biggest hack of all time

>yea, i got a lot of it back in '14

Attached: garethed.jpg (1013x399, 28K)

stupid white guy, they should have showed him choking and dieing from tasting that shit

>a geophysicist by the name of Mika McKinnon has dug deeper into the significance of the action, explaining the practice of licking rocks, which is apparently a common practice among those who study the composition of the Earth for a living.
>"I’m feeling weirdly hurt by the viral tweet mocking geoscientists for licking rocks," she wrote on Twitter. "I get that we’re a bit weird even for scientists and get a bit more blunt with our toolset, but licking rocks is a real strategy. Taste & texture are diagnostic ... You don’t NEED to lick rocks; it’s just faster & easier."
>Q: But what about that salt-licking scene in Last Jedi? Surely that was ridiculous!
>A: No. That was plausible bordering on geo fan service.

TAPE

I forgot they were geologists on a prospecting mission and not soldiers preparing for a last stand, good think that's cleared up now.

It’s TAPE!

what if it was sugar?

Attached: salty.png (755x490, 309K)

absolute mad lad

Fun fact: This moment was added with the intent of manufacturing a meme. They expected there to be a huge legion of diverse nu-fans of the film who would use it in online comments sections when responding opposing, or "alt-right" as they put it, opinions of the film.

Attached: 59969314.jpg (400x400, 23K)

Sauce or you're just making shit up.
The real truth: Rian Johnson was ripping off every single aspect of better movies (ESB and ROTJ) and actively tried to distance himself from Hoth. "It'S nOt SnOw It'S sAlT haha look how original I am everyone please ignore my blatant plagiarism"

>experts do it as rocks aren't dangerous, nor have they been established to be dangerous in the star wars universe. There's no good reason he shouldn't do it.
>it takes up less than one one thousandth of the runtime of the movie
>the surface of the planet is really fucking weird and might just pique their interest to know what it is (to both the soldier and audience)

but sure keep criticizing movies like a cinemasins scorecard. 9 seconds of exposition is not worth complaining about

>9 seconds of exposition is not worth complaining about
You're right, the entire movie is worth complaining about, this is just another grain on the heap.

>dude we’re on an unknown planet let’s eat the ground

>look at me I'm a scientist teehee

Shut the FUCK UP, ROASTIE!!!!

Yeah I can believe that.

it's fucking real
I knew wookieepedia was pure autism, but this is another level
starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Sharp_(Resistance)

They dug a fucking trench. Maybe they would have noticed "it's salt" before then

its crazy how a visual feature designed to try to stand apart from the hoth scene got a tiny explanation within the movie and all the mongs of the internet are going mad about it.

It’s called an hommage you dingus

A planet with a surface layer of toxic material that would get tossed in the air with a single gust of wind wouldn't host a former rebel alliance base you retard

Are you sure about that?
These rebels seem kinda retarded and incompetent. Keep in mind, the Empire 2.0 managed to build an even bigger Death Star and noone noticed.
Then there was the fact that none of them ever had the idea to hyperdrive ram giant space stations, something that could have been very cost effective and save many MANY lives. I think it would have been completely withing their vast stupidity to build a base on a planet that has toxic dust flying around

They did notice according to the comics, but they didn’t think the First Order would be dumb enough to use them for evil purposes.

Now’they Will get destroyed by Rey and her Friends

Are you shitting me? I am going to need source on that.

I think the reference is one panel where they say «it doesn’t matter» when asked how they get so much spaceship, nothing about the rest though

AAAAAAAAUGH MAHDEEEEEEEEEK

Attached: 1558340360680.jpg (1458x1038, 283K)

>two previous planet size death stars built by empire
>THIS ONE will be FINE
Honestly what the fuck were they thinking

That panel was supposed to explain what happened between the end of TFA and the beginning of TLJ.

Attached: Story Group approved.png (1054x382, 513K)

>They did notice according to the comics, but they didn’t think the First Order would be dumb enough to use them for evil purposes
I’m Going to need a source on that.
That’s too retarded to be real

At least that guy is dead, just like everyone else who manned the trenches and did fuck all

ITS TAPE

Attached: LkoqG.png (448x477, 272K)

You're just jealous because you're not brilliant enough to subvert expectations.

If I had an army i would want to now how to regroup and build a billion space ships in 24 hours.
But I'm no Hollywood script writer so what do I know.

>Are you sure about that?
Yes. They wouldn't have been able to build an (open air!) structure in the first place with literal poison in the air.

>the Empire 2.0 managed to build an even bigger Death Star and noone noticed
Just like how the allies let the third reich build an army capable of conquering the world despite them doing the exact same thing just a couple decades ago?

It's almost like... it's... supposed to be allegorical or something?

it can't be that the empire and third order have been inspired by fascism in every facet of the design from their officer uniforms, to their triumph of the will-style troop rallies, names like "stormtroopers," even to the font of the star wars logo

Attached: Starkiller-Base.jpg (1100x458, 188K)

Based

Attached: a1065129500_10.jpg (720x899, 49K)

Aaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Attached: IMG_2716.jpg (900x819, 101K)

having this scene so the brainlets could see that ghost Luke wasnt leaving footprints
what a fucking disgraceful shitshow

>Brick
>Looper
>Brothers Bloom to a degree
I like Rian, I think he was given too much to work with

Here's the difference, though: in real life, other countries allowed Germany to do this out of fear of starting another massive war. All of the countries were, more or less, on a similar level of "strength" to each other, from a political perspective. With the Empire, on the other hand, the sequel trilogy gives the impression that they were completely wiped out at the Battle of Jakku, save for a few remnants. Realistically, the New Republic would have no reason not to step in if the FO was up to shit; they've become the dominant power in the galaxy.

>Shouldn’t the person be afraid of eating poisonous material on the ground and getting sick/dying?

>Disney paid me to say no.

Yeah, because it isn’t like people built fortresses on hot lava or anything.

You do not understand geologists. They fucking love licking rocks. I swear to God they get off on it.

>Looper
one of the worst endings to a film i've ever seen

Looper is a bad movie

>dont complain about the film

Fuck off