Why the hell is the most kino space movie so underrated but shit like interstellar wins 10 oscars and is reddits top 1...

why the hell is the most kino space movie so underrated but shit like interstellar wins 10 oscars and is reddits top 1 movie of all time?

Attached: sunshine.jpg (1000x568, 534K)

You said it yourself. Reddit aka normies love it and therefore it's rewarded while things they don't like/notice slip under the radar

Sunshine is the Psychonauts of movies, adequately rated af

because the ending is shit

More like so "underrated" that it become overrated.

my gayass finds this movie very disturbing.
I loved it, but dont really want to watch it again.

Has the same problem The Terror had, the beginning is all comfy then it tries to become Event Horizon. Still a great moobie

There should have been no human villain, only the Sun should have been the danger throughout the movie.

It turns into a shitty slasher movie halfway through.

Sunshine best pleb filter

>SUCH GREAT REDDIT KINO EXCEPT THAT THIRD ACT... YIKES
TIPS FEDORA

This flick is kino from start to finish.

was silly to divert

>holographic christian villain can't stop spouting shit about God
*tips fedora*

Your insecurities are like puppet strings that make you dance to a familiar tune

The movie could've been great if it had not turned into a slasher movie half-way through.

Agree. Beginning and middle so good, then it turns stupid generic space action.

The other two are popular because they are sciencey. Most importantly they are remotely based on how current science thinks things like these could work. Some scientists even said that.
So you cannot hate on it or you'll look stupid. You have to agree with it to look smart.

>Me, I'm something of a scientist myself, and it's totally like that, 10/10.

This also gives them the benefits movies "based on a true story" have. Many people went into the movies not so see these mediocre stories, but to see how shit is according to science.

Attached: lxqhtzc.jpg (2560x1440, 217K)

event horizon failed me as well desu
Just leave pleb slasher scenes and just focus on cosmic horror until end and/or leave things more vague or provide answers that only lead to more questions

Because the Academy are hacks who like hack shit.

Attached: 89HZVAR.jpg (1920x1080, 154K)

Attached: JM2GV2b.jpg (1920x1080, 72K)

Attached: aM6wQEC.jpg (1920x1080, 159K)