Why is genuine friendship so rare in film these days?

Why is genuine friendship so rare in film these days?

Attached: 35FE7BB6-7AE3-4C84-B1CF-5BB4DEFBBCF3.jpg (698x1754, 267K)

hollywood is aimed at women and feminized men

Attached: 1472505909154.png (390x750, 212K)

This. Women are the ones who decide to pay money for movie tickets, and women aren't interested in watching bros bro it up bro-style.

>used to be a wojak
>now a pepe looking out for wojaks

We're all gonna make it bros

formerly wojak

Any frens here?

Attached: 1543394302702.gif (2784x590, 2M)

>tfw you will never reunite with your old friends to play games and watch movies

Attached: lost friends.png (680x1519, 837K)

I'll be your fren user

literally me

pepe often pisses on feelsguy

frens yaaaaay

*chhhhhh*

this is Apu, over

*crackle*

Attached: 282-2826440_apu-apustaja-thumbs-up.jpg (820x969, 217K)

ah poo

Attached: 1546962380472.png (615x506, 304K)

Are friendships like that even a thing?

Every single time of my life that I've had a real close friend, I remember some mutual jealousy and negativity being part of it. I don't think guys can just be friends with no malice at all, we're too competitive for that.

Attached: 1560655394747.jpg (480x720, 40K)

>Every single time of my life that I've had a real close friend, I remember some mutual jealousy and negativity being part of it. I don't think guys can just be friends with no malice at all, we're too competitive for that.
That literally sounds like you're describing women

same here, I've never experienced "brotherhood" even in repeated all-male environments. haven't seen it either.

One guy I worked with literally let himself get arrested to cover for someone else we worked with

They had a true friendship

Idk you sound like a woman, are you sure you're a man?

frens got banned on reddit.

that meme sounds looks like idealized wish fulfillment. you never find friendship like this in real life because it's dumb and made up. if you want a friendship like that be the pepe in the meme not the wojack.

You must have not had as much soi in your water.

>tfw friends have changed so much you wouldn't even wanna reunite with them given the chance anyway

this is beautiful

friendship is unironically based

Maybe he can have a cameo...

Attached: mememovie.png (661x912, 524K)

Would you really want to hand out with wojak tho?
Not someone whose company I'd enjoy desu.

Based black pilled user

>mutual jealousy and negativity being part of it

t. woman

Yep. I still meet my high school friends from time to time but nowadays I feel more emotional connection and affinity towards people I've never met whose podcasts I enjoy than towards them.

>friendships are no longer allowed and must be broken in today's movies
What's (((Disney)))'s endgame?

Attached: 1560981932127.jpg (568x709, 130K)

This.
With two exceptions, zero of my friends as an adult were friends of mine in high school or earlier. Not a lot from college either, though that’s less because of them changing and more just moving to different cities for work.

why is genuine friendship at all so rare more like it.

I genuinely feel bad for guys like you who have never had a real friend, I hope you can make one some day

Finding people you like genuinely is hard. Finding people who are genuinely like you is harder. I've maybe only known two people like that in my life.

he seems a little deperate. i don't think a normal person would start crying just because they didn't hang out with someone one night. a normal person would understand that they could just hang out later any way.

male friendship leads to nationalism
dangerous road and best not encouraged

A true man strives to better his peers

Attached: this.gif (300x186, 1007K)

true friendship is so rare these days because not a lot of people are happy and secure with themselves so they project or are miserable leading to tension. people say a sign of high test is being angry and bitter but it's actually the opposite , strong high test people are happy and make the best friends also the most honest.

>not being friends with angry and bitter people to ease each other's suffering
You don't know SHIT about friendship.

not if you're to dependent on each other.

but you're not angry and bitter towards each other

This image causes me think you are an angry autistic faggot. Stop wasting government money and get a fucking job, you loser.

You're unironically coming off as a literal autist

i wish i knew what a real friendship feels like
because my parents were already retired when i was a kid/teen, they had time to take care of me and my friends: take us to sunday school and always buy them somewhat expensive snacks (only to cause a good impression, my parents are lower-class), take us to the beach, the group works where i would do all the work were always at my house (with snacks and drinks included, of course, humble but honored is my parents motto), buy them nice gifts for their birthdays (sometimes nicer than the gifts they bought me), take them to their houses when it was raining...
suffice to say that not only none of those friends/friends parents did something similar to me, but that they cut all ties when i basically finished carrying some of them through high school (group works, giving them test answers, etc.)
college was just too disperse so i only made acquaintances, same with work
and here i am, almost 31, with no friends

Attached: 1508701242731.png (821x869, 36K)

I really have no idea how people turn acquaintances into close friendships.
Like how the fuck they just so seemly get inside a completely unknown friend circle.

You basically have to experience something weird, intense, genuine or exciting together

Once the formal relationship has been broken down and you're comfortable in the other's presence the friendship can blossom

One of my best friends from childhood turned into a tranny. Like one of those "doesn't look remotely close to a woman, just a dude who grew his hair out and wears dresses" kind, like those speedrunners. This happened after we grew apart though, it wasn't like we stopped being friends BECAUSE he was a tranny. He never showed any signs of "feeling like a woman" either, even looking back though.

>You basically have to experience something weird, intense, genuine or exciting together
This is were booze comes in handy. Normies love it for a reason.

tits or gtfo

I haven't talked to any of my friends in a year

I got in a fight with one of my old and closest friends over stupid shit over in his country and when I got back to my own none of us ever messaged each other again, not sure why

the rest were just people I played cs go with really but those were fun times, I'm pretty fed up of being friendless now, reminds me of early teenage days

now I don't play enough video games to make new online friends, all I have is 4channel

Attached: 1497985649279.png (680x418, 516K)

Maybe it’s you

Go out for drinks with them, double dates, etc.

people like this usually become too dependent on one another as user said and then will grow to dislike each other. lets say one day one friend can't do something and other friend wants to- do you think the one friend is going to take it well? no he is going to internalize it and get angry because he is a bitter person. im not saying people who are sad dont deserve friends but they need someone who can be straight up with them and help them. not someone who affirms their self destructive behavior and attitude.

In reaching to a wider audience studios MUST cater to women.

Most women don't care about deep discussions about politics or science; they don't care about actual emotions beyond lust between the male lead and female lead. They care about being able to project themselves onto the female lead and this means that there must be a shallow love story and simplified science stuff; as most women only care about passion (and not other emotions) and don't care about science in general.

My (male) favorite part of Avatar: the 10-or-so minuets at the beginning with the ISV Venture Star (mai waifu) and seeing and learning about the universe through visuals and (clunky) exposition. I also enjoyed the little bits of Jake being conflicted about what to do early on (before he goes native).

My sister's favorite part: the visuals (in general) and the "romance" between Jake and the blue cat lady... and she has a degree in engineering, and I thought for sure all the cool tech would be interesting to her...

Women don't care about exploration of ideas, worlds, or characters... they care about the ability to project onto the female lead and cheap & easy emotions.

As studios need to draw them in, they must dumb-down their scifi movies so they can shoehorn in a romance to give the women entertainment.

my ""friends"" havent sadly, they are still the same midle school minded back stabbers.
Good thing i have 1 (one) real firend from 2 years of college now and hes worth more than them alltogether. Also my autism is strong.
because it is in life tbqh, men nowadays are allwys trying to cuck you wich is retty gay
Nah, you are gay like i mentioned, almost tranny tier, stop acting like a bitch he is not your boyfriend.

We die a day at a time.

based double dubs truth user

>be in school
>found the only friend
>he leaves school and moves from town
>never wrote me anything
>2 years depression
>go to uni
>found a friend
>we hangout every day, he writes me every day, having fun
>2 years passed
>he decides to leave the uni and move from city
>we hangout one last time
>promise each other we will be in touch
>1 month passed
>he is uninterested in conversations answers only with ok/lol/nice
>he found new friends
>stop write him
>he never texted me again
>its been one year
>still depressed

Would watch that

Yeah, because the sub got invaded by nazis.

I had a friend from middle school who did this too around 2 years ago. He also used to be a hardcore brony, and before that he was a weeaboo. Now he's into the tranny thing as well as Rick and Morty. How the fuck are some people so easily psyop'd by this shit. He was normal as fuck in middle school and most of high school, had friends and wasn't a loner either.

Bros.. Don't give me these feels on a friday.

It’s because of Twitter bro

>friendship between two guys
>OMG THEY MUST BE GAY

And so on

Some people are just autistic with their phones and think replying to a message is a big deal. Try calling him every other month or so, hit him up when you’re in town have lunch or something. Just be cool about it, don’t let your depression ruin anything else in your life

aaaaaaawful take

>awful take
Welcome to the mind of a woman

You either have horrible insecurities or are a woman (or sperg which is acceptable). If you've never felt genuinely proud of a friends accomplishments then you really are empty

lmao who cares what a woman has to say about friendship
have you ever heard a woman talk about her "friends"?

You are a sad little man

I feel you. I think the more of yourself you see in your friend/the more you have in common, the more likely that is to happen.

>don't know what real friendship is like because most of my "friends" stop talking to me for reasons no one ever bothered to explain
>had a single fleeting experience of "love" years ago, which is becoming harder and harder to recollect with each passing year
I don't think I'm going to make it, bros. My social interactions are either superficial day-to-day stuff with people at work or the occasional Tinder thot. I don't remember the last time I actually felt some sort of mutual reciprocity with people. I'm just not cut out for this world.

Attached: 654213152.jpg (466x349, 17K)

What?

DELET THIS

Attached: 1627485629384523.jpg (700x700, 149K)

>have no actual friends
>only people i'd hang out after school/play vidya over internet
>graduated
>realised i'm never going to see some people again, after seeing them everyday for 7 years
kinda a weird feeling desu. now you might ask: 'why don't you hang out with someone user?' the answer is: autism. it's autism.

Attached: 1546446338754.png (118x137, 42K)

>the occasional Tinder thot
yeah fuck off, you're just a sad normalfag.

>If you've never felt genuinely proud of a friends accomplishments then you really are empty
When did that user say he doesn't? A true friendship should run the whole gamut of emotion and feelings, periods of jealousy perhaps included.

user, I say this with utter respect, and I make this premise knowing that jokingly or not this is something that is often thrown here.
Have you ever being diagnosed with something that could hamper your ability to interact socially?

In inbreds maybe

Male friendship is toxic masculinity