Shows that had potential to be 10/10 true kino, but overplay their hand...

>shows that had potential to be 10/10 true kino, but overplay their hand, making a series that you could have watched literally 20+ times over a bottle of vodka, and a long night, become 7/10 normie trash you simply want to forget about

Attached: the_terror_tv_series-608007091-large.jpg (845x1200, 149K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zYg8rEDT1RU
youtube.com/watch?v=uVZPTJwBnv8&t=
youtube.com/watch?v=xxFrsd1Prh4
youtube.com/watch?v=qMtwWMC7-QU
youtube.com/watch?v=KJ6lzLUl0Gs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Is the following scene
>youtube.com/watch?v=zYg8rEDT1RU
the scariest scene in the series? Because if not, then I will never watch it, because that scene alone scared me for days. Actually, "scared" is not the proper word for it. Rather, traumatized.

the scene that scare me the most was when Heaky butchered the guy at the end of the episode.I don't know if it was the sound effect or the cinematography but Heakys' movement in this scene was perfect.He stands up mechanically like a stone cold killer.Still haunts me

nothin personel

Attached: 1560225382879.webm (1280x720, 2.44M)

why would a horror tv series put their scariest scene on episode one?

I just started this yesterday. Got through the first 4 eps so far. I like it. It’s a little slow but. It bad. I’m just curious if this bear, or whatever is tearing up the crew, is supernatural or just a bad ass bear? Or is it eskimo magic.. I have a feeling it’ll be disappointing.

>scenes women will never understand
I'm not even fully english. youtube.com/watch?v=uVZPTJwBnv8&t=

>getting carried away by the tuunbaq
>the party scene
>the chains in the dude's face
>IT WANTS US TO LEAVE
So many damn good spooky scenes

Just remember that it's being presented from the point of view of the sailors, not as absolute fact

The bear was stupid and the show would have been better without it.

jesus you're a faggot

Janny Magnus I have a question about your freind and coposterGaius Opius Faggot. Why does he continue to spam this board? Why does he not let his posters return to other threads?

Attached: cato-1473938444913.jpg (1777x999, 192K)

Pleb fucking filtered

the slowness is good for the aesthetic. How slow do you think spending 3 years in the arctic is? I swear swordshit capeshit and starshit ruined popular media.

Checked

yOU ARE

Think of it this way
the natives worshipped a polar bear because it's the only one in their area and in fact some of the only other land life they see, so they hype it up as this guardian spirit. Sailors show up and some of them get killed, cant really see what happened, only info they get is from the natives who treat it as a vengeful god. The natives mention that all the caribou have fled the area because of the sailors, so the bear has been targeting the sailors more and more. Combine this with the fact that at this point the sailors have lived for years in isolation and eating a steady diet of poison that drives you mad. So when they start confronting the bear they really do see it as some horrific spiritual monster.

you are the worst kind of poster, user

>that channel

Attached: unnamed.jpg (288x288, 26K)

I liked the bear, it showed a clear divide between what was known and the blanks they had to fill in.

In the book it's a prehistoric bear. Now whther or not this prehistoric bear is the same demon the inuit speak of, the same one they do their tongue ritual with, the same one they've been shepherding or guarding for the entirety of their people's history, is it the exact same one, probably not.
It's definitely a magic demon bear and not the faggy "it's all from the perspective of the sailors bruh" fight club bullshit some user posted above.

>I’m just curious if this bear is supernatural or just a bad ass bear?
they have lead poisoning, scurvy, other forms of malnutrition, lack of sunlight, mental deteriotion due to stress and isolation. the monster shows up in the second winter, so my bet is they're all a bit nutty by that point, the show should have shown the bear less and left it more ambigious

I meant to say the slow pace is not bad. I like it because I like the story.

>"it's all from the perspective of the sailors bruh" fight club bullshit some user posted above.

Attached: 1560591493999.jpg (844x1024, 160K)

Are you suggesting the monster was actually a polar bear and they were just hallucinating it to be monstrous? If so you're retarded.

It's an eskimo demon/spirit. It is by far the weakest thing in the series. It's not really about the bear or the supernatural though. It's about the horrors of men and nature.

THE TUUNBAQ IS THEIR DIVINE PUNISHMENT FOR THE HUBRIS OF BELIEVING THEY ARE MIGHTIER THAN GOD AND CAN CONQUER THE UNCONQUERABLE. EVER HEARD OF GREEK TRAGEDY? ITS PRETTY FUCKING SIMPLE.

>fiction character btfo's our real life protagonist constantly

Attached: Chernobyl_2019_Miniseries.jpg (250x370, 68K)

what does that have to do with anything?

this, you’re all faggots deserving to be punished as a boy
I remember the generals as it aired and you fags made Chernobyl generals as gay as them

>women dont understand being stabbed
really activates the ol' almonds

the bear would've been fine if they hadn't shown it so much. let the audience imagine something more terrifying.

Attached: 1561062828779.jpg (872x867, 381K)

She’s a cutie

The only bad thing with the monster was the poor CGI, which I can forgive because of the show's low budget

I wish they didn't show the monster out in the open as often as they did

I would of been happy if it was just a furry paw grabbing someone offscreen up until the final fight.

Attached: 1523715244332.gif (350x197, 1.25M)

this gif needs hickey with honkler face, and honkler music playing. The Terror is prime Clown World Hail Honkler material throughout.

Out of my way royal navy fucking shits

They should have just made the monster an especially large polar bear. There was no reason to go supernatural with the story. It didn't add anything to the narrative.

Attached: pb.jpg (716x975, 209K)

are you being genuine or is this bait?

Except a normal polar bear wouldn't be a threat at all. It wouldn't attack dozens of men and would die after a few good shots.

>bear was stupid

Attached: terror.png (2494x1394, 2.3M)

I mean the design of the monster. you can still make it seem magical and unstoppable, but the design should have been a polar bear. why they put that stupid face on it i will never understand

Oh, yeah I agree with you. The CGI wasn't good enough to go for that design, it should have just been barely shown like in the first few episodes. I'm also tempted to want more lovecraftian elements like the underwater dive scene even if that goes against the book.

>yfw the next season is about japanese internment camps, and entire show will have overt, explicit comparisons to Trump being Hitler, and how we have concentration camps today for refugees, and innocent brown people

Attached: 1559450023834.jpg (334x506, 39K)

Because people like you would tinfoil hat even more that they were all just hallucinating and it was a normal bear all along.

>in the mind of the radical progressive activist, the US had concentration camps during ww2

Mr. Hickey, come back!!!

We don't know that yet but 95% chance you're right. Also stop posting that reddit meme.

But they did have concentration camps in ww2. Or do americans think all Concentratiom camps must have gas chambers?

Is that scene supposed to be scary?

The internment camps might be really interesting though. Virtually no Americans know about them, even though they were ordered by greatest-president-ever FDR and upheld twice by the Supreme Court. I guess it just goes against the historical revision that Americans were the Good Guys in WWII who freed the world from oppression.

The first season has been pretty good about not being stupidly liberal. Other than a couple gay dudes. I’m only a few episodes in tho.

>It's another /RBMK/ threads bootyblasted polar bear poster

>Other than a couple gay dudes.
>being true to life is stupidly liberal
I'm not saying that it's a historical fact that the men they portrayed as gay actually were in real life, but if anything they were underrepresented. Out of 129 men on the expedition only two were shown to be gay. The stereotype of gay sailors didn't come from nowhere.

What about the gay dudes with the book

Kino

it made it 1: more plausible that it was able to get hit over and over again by rifles without dying, and 2 it hammered home the idea that they had defiled nature by coming there and were fighting with a force that was beyond them

Ah you may be right, I forgot. Still, we know something like 3-5% of people are gay so it's not like those handful they portray on the show are unrealistic.

Am I brainlet for thinking that they were just book bro's untill the last episode?

No. They were one of few gay characters done right where their gayness didn't matter that much but was still present.

They aren't shown in a positive light you retard.

That’s good, fag

THIS was my favourite scene in the whole series, where can I find more like it?

I actually thought Hickey was gonna be a good guy. What a faggot he turned out to be. Those poor friendly eskimos. I didn't like the ending, there's absolutely no reason why Crozier wouldn't want to return to England. His experience with the Arctic has been nothing but miserable and brutal. And without Franklin to cockblock him he could finally marry that chick

this show sucke

You sucke sucke

>I actually thought Hickey was gonna be a good guy
>there's absolutely no reason why Crozier wouldn't want to return to England
so what you're say is you're retarded

so you're retarded, got it

>without Franklin to cockblock him he could finally marry that chick
you're forgetting Franklin's wife

Also:
>failed promise to keep Franklin safe
>mission was a complete failure
>all his crew dead
>having to explain about crew members becoming gay and eating each others while scared of a giant monster

I love the obviously female comments below the video: "SO ADORABLE AND I'M CRYING". Imagine seeing that scene and the word that comes to mind is fucking adorable

I went from thinking he was evil to thinking he might be good when the fire happened. But then he went back to evil. I was convinced he was gonna have a redemption arc but it soon became clear he wasn't

Samefagging

>eating humans and using their severed dicks as dildos isn't a redemption arc
what a normie
youtube.com/watch?v=xxFrsd1Prh4

I'LL GET YOU MR HICKEY

eh, for once I thought it served some purpose
it is very clear that hickey only fucks that boy (who is much taller and physically imposing compared to him) in order to exert power upon him like the psycho he is, as well as to use him as a source of information

What did he do with Irvings dick?

Mr. Hickey you are RUINING my expedition!

Attached: MY SPIRITS.jpg (349x326, 61K)

youtube.com/watch?v=qMtwWMC7-QU

Unfortunately I have to agree with you.

How do I get an Inuit gf lads?

Attached: TERROR_110_silna-crozier-700x380.jpg (700x380, 62K)

This user was right. The show had the perfect set-up to be a Lovecraftian tale instead of the Eskimaux shit. I would have preferred a tentacle monster of sorts.

Reminder that this is peak Terror.

Attached: 1232545765.jpg (1141x575, 82K)

Reminder:

Hickey>>>Goodsir>>>>Crozier

Actual fucking powerlevels at play here.

Attached: 1232535647.jpg (1007x1080, 500K)

Tuunbaq really isn't in the show all that much considering he's such a major threat. I estimate his screentime is under 30 minutes in total.

>Diggle offers to help Crozier escape from Hickley's camp
>Crozier doesn't warn Diggle about Goodsir's poisoned body

What a cunt

Attached: dyatlov2.webm (1920x1080, 1.08M)

THE TUUNBAQ WAS FUCKIGN GREAT

WTF IT WORKS PERFECTLY

MENTAL AND PHYSICAL HORROR

We still have

>mutiny
>cannibalism
>insanity

And on TOP, a lurking otherworldly angel of death

I EXPLICITLY USE REDDIT SPACING TO MAKE ONE THING CLEAR THE TUUNBAQ IS THE UTMOST PLEB FILTER

There's absolutely nothing wrong with gathering enemies of the state into work camps during times of war.

He literally did. He shakes his head at Diggle and he ends up not eating.

>what are concentration camps
>what are death camps

Would you be willing to eat normie flesh in order to survive?
youtube.com/watch?v=KJ6lzLUl0Gs

dramatic opening shot

Dyatlov power levels off the chart

Attached: 1560391427558.jpg (1242x1309, 1.13M)

what would a good Terror game be like?

The Tuunbaq brings everything together, wtf you talking about? Hickey offering his tongue as his last powerplay, showing the viewer he actually tried to understand the ancient rituals, is one of the greatest scenes in the entire show. And of course failing miserably. Literally one of the greatest villains in recent tv history.

Attached: 12323578.jpg (600x800, 64K)

Dropped this shit series around episode 7. Shit scares, bunch of globalist gay loving brown people good bs.

Yeah, did they hallucinate hitting him with a fucking canon ball too?

>Lovecraftian

The Bear was fine , why does everything need to be based on Lovecraft nowadays?

yeah ur gonna get laid now for sure

>virtually no americans know about them

Attached: 1396408596025.jpg (500x383, 66K)

I'd love a fixed camera traditional survival horror like the classic RE games. A giant ship stuck in the ice seems like a great environment and you can have conditions get worse as time goes on.

Otherwise maybe a strategy game where you control the crew and need to make it back home across hundreds of miles. I dunno why you wouldn't abandoned ship immediately though.

Attached: remake.jpg (830x535, 349K)

I like the stages of despair in the show

Sea
Ice
(rocky) Desert

>fixed camera
That sounds like a really good idea actually
>you can have conditions get worse as time goes on.
A good excuse to have a timer of sorts on the game's length
>I dunno why you wouldn't abandoned ship immediately though.
with the survival horror you don't have to prevent them from leaving, you can trick them into thinking it's not a good idea to leave until later on.

I have a gf. Does that make you upset?

>(rocky) Desert
Why did they walk around in just their shirts during the last episodes on King william land? Did it really get warm enough that fast?

As an American I can tell you that every WW2 curriculum in school either glosses over the camps or flat out pretends they never happen.

kill yourself you pansy faggot

Excuse my retardation i just realize it was sarcasm

At that point it was late june. Even in the artic it can get into the 60s and 70s in the midsummer. To people walking probably 20 miles+ a day, and used to it being around -40, it was straight up balmy.

I actually thought it was going to turn out to be a Lovecraftian horror - that the explorers disturbed something under the ice (like Cthulu) and the inuits didnt want the white men to wake him or something.

I actually thought the closer they were getting to the creature the more maddened everyone became.

But no, we go a shitty manbearpig.

Gimme all your Terror-ble memes

Attached: 1560705572476.png (2518x1024, 267K)