It's a camera pans around slowly while the same scene drags on for 15 minutes

>it's a camera pans around slowly while the same scene drags on for 15 minutes

Fucking kino

Attached: TOTDY_FC_1024x1024.jpg (1024x1024, 89K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MZ352-kAhr8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Red pill me on this show. should I break into my girlfriends prime account to watch it?

>Nissan Leaf chases other car all night and doesn't run out of electricity
>Conveniently runs out of electricity near where the girl is buried

What did Refn mean by this?

Absolutely terrible car chase btw desu

Attached: big_1554390390_image.jpg (1280x720, 25K)

Attached: Too.Old.to.Die.Young.8-1.webm (1258x680, 2.82M)

Too Pleb to be Based

Dropped it when the based pedo autist got killed and the mexican fag ass fucked.
What did I miss?

cartels are fucking brutal

What happened after this episode, does it worth a watch? I hate that mexican shit.

The Mexicans win

Basically nothing, the episode after this was decent but the last part is one of the worst season finales i have ever seen.

I would so hyped for this but

>miles reller

*vomits uncontrollably*

The fuck is this shit?
>hears sounds and starts to get a hold of his gun(or something)
>a guy comes from the front to her surprise
>he shoots her after shooting her in the eye

He ruins every scene he's in

Attached: Too.Old.to.Die.Young.7-1.webm (1334x720, 2.99M)

Attached: Too.Old.to.Die.Young.6-1.webm (1926x1040, 2.93M)

Attached: Too.Old.to.Die.Young.4-1.webm (1926x1040, 2.96M)

Did he want to fuck his daughter?

Attached: Too.Old.to.Die.Young.6-2.webm (1334x720, 2.96M)

I was all in after ep 5 but ep 8 made me put it down she diddnt deserve that I woulda protected her better than he did.

watch the white stuff get splattered on the red sun in the background after his fingers gets severed, weird

finger*

I noticed this last night but thought it was probably a result of the webm creation process. Is it in the show as well?

It is in the show as well. Looks like the blood splatter hits the camera lens on large screen.

Is this bait? It's splatter on the glass in front of them. They are being observed on the other side of a window.

They are behind glass. That's blood on the glass. Looks white bc of lighting.

Oh yeah, I forgot the context of the scene. I feel dumb.

He is the best character and actor in the show along with John Hawkes.

Best sequence in the entire series

Attached: vigilante feels.png (1864x2760, 2.67M)

this scene scared me. do blacks actually do this? it seems so demonic or alien.

Two of the most interesting characters in the show, they had the best dynamic in the show. Why did they kill Martin in episode 8 and then we got two episodes of manlet Mexican and his wannabe badass gf?

>fuck with mexican cartel
>walks around exposing his gf in a desert place

WHAT A FUCKING RETARD.

this is what destroy this show, the characters do stupid stuff all the time just to move the story on. A

Attached: 1561009800025.jpg (632x450, 49K)

I didn't realize until I saw the credits that one of my favorite comic authors, who makes awesome crime noir comics, worked on the script.

Attached: Fatale - Ed Brubaker s-l300.jpg (194x300, 21K)

>Why did they kill Martin in episode 8
Subverting expectations. See

That scene was quite stupid.

cuz dude, Mexican death goddess pegging faggoty manlet cartel guy!

could be that, could be that miles teller had another thing to do. refn is a hack.

the question is how stupid it was for martin to get exposed the way he did with mexicans looking for him.

this takes me back

Attached: Too.Old.to.Die.Young.6-3.webm (1110x600, 2.84M)

I think it was great. When was the last time you saw the protagonist's love interest get killed in broad daylight?

>the question is how stupid it was for martin to get exposed the way he did with mexicans looking for him
It all comes back to Damian. Was he telling the truth about Martin killing Magdalene?

I have nothing against that, it's just the way it's shot. How did Martin not see the Mexican in front of him, it just seemed like they teleported there.

loved this crazy bastard

Attached: based jesus.png (1919x935, 1.71M)

I can't believe Damian fucked him like that. Martin didn't do it

Martin said he didn't do it. That doesn't mean it's true or that Damian believed him.

This is an example of extremely good writing

we dont know who did it, and thats cool. problably it was the nigger, martin looks solid when asked about. damian did what he have to do, it was his last act of revenge against jesus. yes. he was an asshole.

main problem is that martin and girl relationship is hollow and meaningless, so the scene isnt as impressive as it could be.

>That man said the other guy did something!
>The other guy said he didn't!
>Guess we'll never know!
>AND THAT'S A GOOD THING
Faggot

Attached: Too.Old.to.Die.Young.4-4.webm (1926x1040, 2.92M)

What do you have against ambiguity?

I think he's more annoyed by the stupidity of calling it "extremely good writing."

>does erotic scene with a character that is 17 and shoukd not date a 30 years old man.
>end show on a monologue about how people are going to normatize pedophilia.

fair, she isnt a child, but again, the irony of refn is insane. he shows this as something sexy and cool, he shows the mexicans in absolute fascination, he shows violence under neon and eletronic music and them acts as if he isnt part of the problem.

Bingo. All the themes of "America will turn into hell on earth" are just Refn buying into the Trump derangement syndrome from a completely retarded outsiders POV.

europeans are under this propaganda on self hate since the day they are born, so the concept of an american or east european thinking about his own interests is: GIVE ME A F... GIVE ME AN A...

eurofags are the worst.

Refn said about it on Cannes. About his vision of Trump America and shit like that.

Attached: Too.Old.to.Die.Young.4-5.webm (426x520, 2.95M)

Attached: Screenshot_2019-06-20 Nicolas Winding Refn ( NicolasWR) Twitter.png (883x686, 986K)

How is Cristina Rodlo so fucking hot. I think I've found a new waifu

He only saw some guy casually walking along the beach. Even if he was suspicious he couldn't just pull a gun on him

i want a spinoff season just about the police station, like a very unwoke brooklyn 99.

Yup, he's a fucking moron.

Worse than True Detective season 3, Westworld Season 2, and GoT’s finale?

yeah, a fucking mexican dressed as a scumbag, a pimp, isnt suspicious at all.

thats the problem with half a ball to write thia kind of shit: operating in real life, any guy wouldnt be on that place and if it was, he wouldnt put social bias against mexicans ahead of the life of his girlfriend.

its a dumb stupid scene that show how much the characters of this show operate in an universe with no internal logic, theyre there to move stuff ahead, fuck, kill, look great in slow motion.

Ambiguity can be a great tool to hint at what drives and motivates characters. This was 13 hours of characters being mysterious because "its cool". There isnt a single idea this show delivers that isn't brought to us by the director screaming at the top of his lungs "because it's cool!" while he hammers the audience repeatedly over the head.

youtube.com/watch?v=MZ352-kAhr8

I dropped GoT in season 6, Westworld after season 1 and TD season 3 after 4 episode so i wouldn't know.

>yeah, a fucking mexican dressed as a scumbag, a pimp, isnt suspicious at all.
In LA? Who are you kidding?

thats why i started my logic exercize by saying that being on the beach, a place like that, was stupid.

nice recall to the opening of manhunter, from michael mann, fine, but again: no logic, no internal logic, just something stupid as fuck because will be cool and shit.

Don't even fucking pretend like you don't take notice of other people occupying empty spaces with you or that you wouldn't zoom right the fuck in on two gang banging mexicans having a gay ass morning on a romantic fucking beach

You made the right move, they were all pretty fucking bad

this scene was looks lazy as fuck. how they not see guy in front of them? guy with club is so far away from character getting hit and characters acting when hit is garbage.

lmaaaaaaao the fucking state of refncucks

Oh no, it's retarded...

>fuck up with cartel
>shaddy as fuck mexicans walking on the beach
>'cmon martin, dont jump into any conclusions, you dont wanna be a fascist...'

and now he is dead. well, i guess there is a lesson after all...

Dude, you can make the same fucking argument had the scene taken place literally anywhere. You're letting the shock of the scene get to you. Film is full of shit like this.

>shaddy as fuck mexicans walking on the beach
its california there are shady mexicans everywhere

Yes, that's what i heard. I may finish TD season 3 but i don't have will or time to watch GoT or Westworld.
Even Jesus commented on how they are dressed like wannabe gangsters.

Let's go a step-further and give Martin the benefit of the doubt, and pose a scenario where he hasn't fucked up with the cartel.
>Take girlfriend to beach
>See mexicans crouching by rocks
>Don't immediately start wondering why you brought your girlfriend to a gay cruising hot spot
>Don't think about all the cum and needles that are scattered around these hot spots that you're traversing through
>Continue walking towards their direction
Who let's their morning get ruined like this and doesn't immediately try to salvage it by going in the opposite fucking direction?

It's a frustrating show. Everything about its actual content, from the vigilantes, to the gimmicky gangs, to the villains is pure shlock but it's so incredibly cerebral about it to the point that I feel like it's hurting the show rather than helping it. The few moments where it actually lightens up a little and embraces it's absurdity, like the chase sequence in episode 5, everything involving the police department, the conversation Martin has with his girlfriend's dad right in the first episode are great. But the rest feels like watching David Lynch trying to do a parody of Tarantino after taking a large dose of sleeping pills.

>incredibly cerebral
It really isn't. I agree that the more openly absurd moments of levity were the better ones, though.

>duuur car chase and wacky police were best parrrrt
come on man just admit you have the attention span of a fucking hummingbird

This board is so fucking pleb now. Take me back to 2013 when patricians ruled and OGF was rightfully king

It's not totally lost, there was a pretty good thread for You Were Never Really here a couple days ago.

I was paying attention, I just wasn't engaged.

Plebfiltered
Plebfiltered
Plebfiltered
Plebfiltered
Extremely plebfiltered
TD S3 was good
Its a TV show not real life. Next ask how Viggo killed all those rapers from within a black void. Plebfiltered
Plebfiltered

So what was good about the last 2 episodes? Especially the last episode.

Refn won't ever be your friend no matter how much you defend him.

Speaking of YWNRH did Viggo remind anyone else of Joe?

Travis Bickle is the OG

How do I get a mommy dom mexican gf?

>dd

What the fuck does this even mean? Some mockery of Jesus on the cross?

>then we got two episodes of manlet Mexican and his wannabe badass gf?
Seriously? Man, fuck. I just finished episode 8 and was hoping the last two episodes focused on Viggo, which is undoubtely the most interesting character of the series

I don't know about that, but it's absolutely unwatchable, it almost makes you blow your brains out, so I suppose yes. I've never used fast-forward so much before.
>t. an actual Refn fan
The show is a fucking disgrace, easily the worst thing he's ever done. Haven't seen Bleeder, but it can't be better than that.

Will i like it if i loved only god forgives?

It was comdy gold

You're in for a ride. The last two episodes are some of the worst pieces of trash I've ever seen. It's bad, almost provocatively so, so bad, tedious and obnoxious it practically feels like it was all done on purpose. It's almost an anti-film in a way.

>tfw I remember
duck, am I getting old

Attached: 1551361775_1551307972113.png (894x894, 89K)

No, I loved OGF and hated the series. The show is just fucking awful. Some gold nuggets here and there, but by and large a huge misfire. It feels as though 50% of the entire show is just filler and writing is just awful even by Refn's standards. You might want to watch it just to see how actually fuckawful it gets, but be prepared to smash that fast-forward button every now and then.

Eh. There is no Gosling to carry it.
The vigilantes episodes are really good and the mexican ones are the worst

I just wanted Pusher with Drive aesthetics...

PSA: this is what happens to ALL cow/big titty girls

What was so bad about them?
I am Refn

They get old?

I love OGF and Refn’s other work, but this, and You were never really here are TRASH. Half the season was ok-great, the other half was shit

literally why
i understand if a shot takes time to showcase something but this shot is so shallow it doesnt deserve 25 seconds

Yeah but Viggo is much more similar to Joe in terms of look and personality

I loved OGF and hated TOTDY. They're completely different in so many fucking ways I can't believe people don't see this, the editing in the latter is so fucking poor and the writing is mind-bogglingly bad. Films like OGF and VR are good partially by virtue of how rigorously and snappily edited they were, something that's completely missing in TOTDY. Refn apparently needs some studio supervision to make stuff that's actually watchable, he's got no artistic self-control whatsoever.

Are you a natural cocksucker, Yea Forums?

*Yea Forums
Same difference, though.

they get this weird ugly body type and look LITERALLY like pic related

Attached: ff.jpg (200x221, 9K)

Well, I hoped for the same. You ain't gonna get it, at least for now.

>Has ever used fast-forward
Leave the board
Yes
You could say we're too old to die young

The hold me scene seemed like a straight rip off to be fair

You're a pleb. TOTDY >>> Valhalla Rising > Only God Forgives >>> Drive

But yeah, bearded old ex FBI agent with a mom with the alzeheimer killing pedos?
It was paying homage for sure

>I loved OGF and hated TOTDY. They're completely different in so many fucking ways I can't believe people don't see this
They're not. TOTDY is just OGF+8 sequels. And it's better.
>Refn apparently needs some studio supervision to make stuff that's actually watchable, he's got no artistic self-control whatsoever
Fuck off. Never post here. You are a demon

>Has ever used fast-forward
The thing is I never use it, but I wanted to finish it ASAP and I wouldn't be able to finish the series without using it. The last episode is downright unwatchable. The show's so painfully bad it almost feels like your brain is melting while you're trying to pay attention to what's going on.

I don't understand the critical comparisons between Refn and Lynch whatsover. Apart from being semi surrealist their individual styles could not be more different at this point, not to mention their separate worldviews and approaches to art philosophy. Why do most of the pleb critics feel the need to bring him up when reviewing this show?

I will say The Return, while flawed, was better as a whole than TOTDY btw.

That, or the Tasmanian devil body shape.

>They're not. TOTDY is just OGF+8 sequels. And it's better.
>You're a pleb. TOTDY >>> Valhalla Rising > Only God Forgives >>> Drive

Attached: 1560366099618.png (514x536, 341K)

>I don't understand the critical comparisons between Refn and Lynch whatsover. Apart from being semi surrealist their individual styles could not be more different at this point, not to mention their separate worldviews and approaches to art philosophy.
The humorous political skits in TOTDY felt incredibly Lynchian to me though.

I think the forced awkwardness of certain scenes and intentional use of annoying sounds should be all of the evidence needed to make an obvious comparison,user.

>not mentioning Pusher 1 & 2
Do ANY of you plebs have ANY fucking taste or what?

>But the rest feels like watching David Lynch trying to do a parody of Tarantino after taking a large dose of sleeping pills.
So much fucking this, the best description of this show I've seen so far.

Attached: Doctor Pepe.png (657x527, 224K)

John Hawkes was fucking great. I was taken by surprise to see him. Had just finished rewatching Deadwood in anticipation for the movie.

>it's a posted forgets to finish his sentence episode
Proofread, m8.

only halfway through it (just finished episode 5) but shit's fucking good. based refn doesn't disappoint

>doesn't disappoint
lol wait until you see the last episode. I'm saying this as someone who enjoyed the series.

The series ends on 9. 10 is basically an epilogue, its only 20 minutes

The series ends on 8 and everything after that is half-assed wankery.

I only watched the pilot.....

what's the music in damian's skating ring called

traditional ska

What a disappointment, just 'finished' it. The first five episodes were good and I really enjoyed them. Great soundtrack. I went on skipping scenes in episode 8 to see what is going to happen next and I am glad I reduced the wasted time to a minimum.
In fact it got worse before episode eight:
The killing of the father/Baldwin guy was a weird move and it did not fit the character of Martin.
I can only imagine, that Refn did not really know what to do with the whole story at all and how to end it, thus fucking it up.

>What was so bad about them?
Every character in this show is some kind of badass, or Refn tries to portray them as a badass. The thing is with Martin and Viggo it somehow works, they have certain presence on the screen. Jesus was a terrible character, the same goes for the Priestess. They are supposed to be menacing but at the end they are cringe inducing. The Priestess has a smug face which is annoying, the massacre in the final episode was terrible. Jesus looks like a duck, he is not menacing, just funny. Their sex life, i don't care about and that was a large chunk of episode 9. Jena Malone's character was alright but the whole section she had in episode 10 was just uninteresting and her monologue was not very well done. The problem therefore is that Refn is a tryhard with his characters. Everyone is a wannabe badass. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't, the last 2 episodes focused on characters who are the latter. Very cringe inducing, awkward and without any chemistry. Which is what Viggo and Martin had. That's what's so bad about it.

>The killing of the father/Baldwin guy was a weird move and it did not fit the character of Martin.
God damn it, I give up on you people. Everyone in this movie follows a failed and conflicting strategy. You obviously missed the details of Martin being a pedo and a vigilante who kills pedos and rapists.

>not mentioning Pusher 3
looks like the pleb is you

>The killing of the father/Baldwin guy was a weird move and it did not fit the character of Martin.
Pleb pls

So can someone explain what was up with the red riding hood story?
Who was red riding hood and who was the wolf in that story?

>Who was red riding hood
Yaritza
>Who was the wolf
Evil men

Im only 2 episodes in but why are we calling martin a pedo? Janey is 17 and developed. Shes a year past legal where i live

For me, this show as two things
1. A weird combination of Drive, Only God Forgives and the Neon Demon in one, alluding to what Pusher would be like if Refn made it now
2. What people who wanted OGF to be Drive 2 wanted, spread across 10 eps

pusher 3 was fucking whack, bro. sorry.

Attached: notsorry.jpg (840x739, 204K)

Americans mature at a slower rate, so they had to adjust their age of consent accordingly.

It's the best of the series and consequently the best thing Refn has done in his disappointing career

The father was a creep but he did not molest his daughter.
Refn couldn't find a clever way of having the daughter deal with her missing father so he killed her as well. Bravo.
It doesn't matter, ep 9 & 10 are shit.

>It's the best of the series

Attached: yikes.gif (498x498, 1.28M)

>The father was a creep but he did not molest his daughter.
Why do you think this matters?
>Refn couldn't find a clever way of having the daughter deal with her missing father
I mean, that was literally a plotline. I can't tell what your criticism is? That there wasn't five episodes of her moping around?

by far

Attached: 1493243187463.jpg (400x400, 45K)

>TD S3 was good
Filtered.

Pusher 3 is great, pleb. Yes, I believe 2 is better, but 3 is still solid. I think it’s better than the first pusher

>I can't tell what your criticism is?
wasted time

This show was just about as boring as watching paint dry. True detective 2 was much better. Refn is a hack who got lucky with Drive

Pusher 3 is a very good film. But it's basically just a rehash of Pusher and definitely not as good as Pusher 2.

Am I the only one who actually loved the second episode?

can my wife please stop dying in everything

Drive is not even his best film.

No I thought the cartel shit was interesting and I really liked Jesus and his mommy gf

>responding to low quality b8
user, rly?

>show called too old to die young
>MC gets killed at 80% of the story
Why would I want to watch it when even Amazon that funded it has given up on it? They care more about Good Omen, is not in the front category, if you scroll their amazon tv series is not there unless you go into that category, else you scroll and you will see that American Gods in spite of being practically cancelled still has more marketing, that "The boys" is there, in spite of not being out yet.

>Episode 1-2
>Oh shit, Jesus is based. Why isn't he the protagonist?

>Episode 3-5
>Okay, Miles is actually pretty decent

>Episode 6-7
>I still like Jesus but he's losing me

>Episode 8-10
>What the fuck? Dropped so hard

Attached: insta.jpg (297x57, 8K)

And?

>a tv show that's just Drive and like 6 sequels with just as impressive production values and visuals as Drive
>Yea Forums isn't raving about it 24/7
Christ. Times really have changed

I think too much cape-shit has softened their brains.

Holy shit this is so fucked up after the masturbation scene.

I love the Martin bits, but the Cartel wasn’t interesting enough to get royghly 1/3 Of The show’s screentime.
Also it could’ve been edited down just a little bit.
Drive and ND (can’t really be compared to pre drive Refn) has no filler, and is actually interesting throughout, while still retaining the same distinctive direction and visuals.
Also Drive (can’t say the same about ND or OGF) is way more subtle and nuanced with its themes
Quality doesn’t equal quality.

Nice priorities you got there Yea Forums
>zomg!! Martin is a pedo because he's 39 and dating a 17 year old turning 18 shortly
>no problem with teen girls using cocaine
>no problem with cocaine fueled gay cousins orgies
>no problem with gay rape porn

Called Jesus as the fag character of the show in E02
I really hate how parts of this show are great and the rest fucking sucks so much.

If it was as good as his past movies, it would talked about more.

Btw was the rape producer a self insertion by Refn? He kinda looks like him, doesn't he?

Yes :(

I don't think that anyone approves of those situations, it just so happens that discussion has never evolved far enough to discuss those points.

Refn is a good director and bad writer

Is there a more damming indicator of this show being a total dumpster fire than the fact that it hasn't produced a single good meme

Unpopular opinion: If you don't do practical effects gore, don't do any gore at all, YOU FUCKING HACKS.

>Gay cousin orgies.
When was this?

Truer words have never been said

End of the second episode bro. I dont think they actually banged tho cause refn would have shown it

Oh. That episode was so fucking forgetable

The amount of lazy blood sprays where squibs could have easily been used is very disappointing.

same, it was the best episode of the series after ep 5 imo. It perfectly balanced heavy shit like mysticism and violence with subtle jokes that speak to Refn's extremely deadpan sense of humor, and the tone was much more consistent than other episodes like 4 (I still can't get over how badly they fucked up the 'fascism' thing, but maybe it will grow on me). It felt like a legit piece of 'cinema'.
As much as I like this series' uniqueness, it doesn't seem to know what it wants to be at times. Refn himself at Cannes stated that they made it up as they went along, and that certain themes they hadn't anticipated from the start leaked into the story. While I usually think that that organic approach to filmmaking is cool, here it resulted in elements that didn't really mesh together (specifically, the political apocalyptic message and the pulpy crime atmosphere).

It's not ska, it's reggae (But ska came before reggae)

Attached: Too.Old.to.Die.Young.4-3.webm (1110x600, 2.97M)

Love this scene but it bugs me how he's walking the wrong way (unless he's moonwalking)

Attached: claimed.jpg (1924x1040, 854K)

Martin wasn’t a pedo, brainlet. You could argue he was a hebephile, but there’s a major fucking difference between the two assuming the latter is true.

holy shit the cg blood splatter looks so cheap and bad

If charges were brought against him, what would happen? He'd be put on a sex offenders list and labeled a pedo. I don't give two shits about your feels or your petty semantics. He was sensitive about thee situation for a reason.

Your shitty fucking rationalizing of fucking younger women doesn’t matter when Martin is considered a pedo and is dating an underaged girl IN THE STATE WHERE THE SHOW TAKES PLACE. He’s still a hypocrite, as the show was trying to point out.
While I agree with you on Martin’s hypocrisy, I don’t think that’s what they were trying to shed light on by having Martin kill Baldwin. It felt more like they were trying to talk about how the excess amount of violence was affecting his mental state and decision making, hence the opening scene and the fact that he had no real reason for killing him other than I assume, he was just pissed off.
It didn’t really come off to me that he molested Janey (why did she still hold him in such high regard?) or that Martin was killing him because he thought he was a pedo (why didn’t he tell Viggo that was the reason?)

Score of the year.
If only the writing was as good

Shut the fuck up, pleb. OGF is trash and so is your taste.

>so there's this character named Jesus and he loves his mom Magdalene and wants revenge and he has some sexual tension with his boss Miguel
Top class writers couldn't write Refn's shitty ideas.

seriously. cliff martinez outdid himself with this one