Orson Welles called this the greatest anti war movie ever made. What does Yea Forums think?

Orson Welles called this the greatest anti war movie ever made. What does Yea Forums think?

Attached: crossofiron2.jpg (580x856, 127K)

It's one of Peckinpah's best, for sure.

It's a great movie but this thread is going to be an absolute shitshow

Wish he didn't die so soon, we could have had so much more.

Peckinpah knew how to film violence in a classy way

Attached: crossofiron.webm (1000x563, 1.1M)

I wouldn't go that far, but it is quite haunting.

Not my favourite war movie but a great one for sure. Also one of the better Peckinpah's films.

based peckinpah , he hated violence and women

That would be American Sniper ; )

American crap

One of the most common criticisms I see about this movie is people complaining about David Warner's character's non-regulation haircut.

But I wonder, how many opportunities were there to get a haircut in 1943 on the Eastern Front as the tide was beginning to turn against the Germans?

Attached: kiesel10.jpg (990x547, 49K)

Better explanation is that he no longer gives a fuck and the higher ups have more shit to do than caring about grooming standards

Yeah that's what I thought too. It's not totally unbelievable for being set at that point in the war.

Although I guess it does make the movie feel too 1970s which breaks the immersion somewhat.

this, stalingrad, das boot and downfall are the best kinos from the german perspective

what kind of editing is that

Anti-war films are fucking gay, made by draft dodgers terrified of violence

t. never been to war

>feel too 1970s
Eh. Basically every war movie reflects the time when it was made. Morals, plot and especially the VFX.

pretty sure the greatest anti war film of all time is Paths of Glory

It's good.

>not the Grand Illusion