So this was Stephen King's brilliant vision that Kubrick "tarnished."

So this was Stephen King's brilliant vision that Kubrick "tarnished."

youtube.com/watch?v=JGIUf6jEw6g

Attached: the-shining-miniseries-6.jpg (1274x719, 175K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/JfV3wPmyS_w
nationalreview.com/2019/06/film-review-toy-story-4-consumerism/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

DONT TELL ME HOW TO PLAY

And some people, unironically, still say the miniseries is better than Kubrick's masterpiece. Lel.

Every time I read about book adaptation movies, the original book always looks like goofy fucking garbage compared to the movie.

Only example off the top of my head is The Prestige, apparently Hugh Jackman's character gets stuck as a ghost, like what the fuck.

Why cant King make good endings? The endings to nearly all of his stories/books are garbage, and when they are changed in movie adaptions they become great.

King’s books are also generally filled with unnecessary psychopathic supporting characters and sexual abuse stuff.

Stephen King was just buttblasted that Kubrick made an adaptation that was way better than his convoluted writing.

At least Jack's 1997 wife wasn't a complete uggo.

Absolute shit taste

King is a faggot and Kubric dabbed hard on him even after dead

kubrik didn't tarnish the book, he just made a fucking terrible movie

King is a hack, he mass produces shlock horror "literature" and makes a half interesting one every 20 books

Reminder Kubrick was timid and shy and allowed Tom Cruise to push him around

DON'T
TELL ME
NOT TO TWEET

Attached: noah finally cracks.jpg (1280x720, 112K)

Tom "get me the step stool so I can punch you" Cruise doesn't push people around unless they're in his cult

>Well yes, I prefer the 1997 adaption of Stephen King's masterpiece the shining due to better cinematography and being closer to the source material, how did you know?

Attached: chad.png (859x960, 327K)

Mommy lookin a bit perky.

Attached: must be cold.png (353x361, 210K)

>Better Cinematography

That's flat out wrong though.

did this guy ever find out how he's become a meme here?

I actually watched the mini series before the movie and I love the movie but the mini series will always be better in my perspective. It's a lot scarier.

>YOU'RE IN MY WAY, SIR

>It's alot scarier
>Horrible CGI and makeup

Wat.

>9:30

what the fuck

Man the past month has really been hard on ProJared

Literally, the best shit about King. His obsession with banal evils and weird transgressive sex shit is what makes his books compelling. Otherwise all you have is mostly by the numbers horror. So many of his movie adaptations get completely sanitized and you lose all that fucked up shit that made the books good to begin with.

it really boggles boomers and x'ers when they hear that the mini series is better. Every actor in the mini series was better.

Stephen King is a fucking hack. What a surprise.

I really like that Stephen King book where the protagonist is a writer.

is that brian from wings?

Doesn't this nibba realize a croquet mallet with shatter the moment you hit a door with any kind of force? My boot literally would be 10X more destructive.

>a croquet mallet with shatter the moment you hit a door
Are you retarded?

Everytime I watch a video in my recommended section I see it posted here. Is this the Yea Forums hivemind?

Attached: 1560373695899.jpg (384x383, 19K)

Same. Watched the mini-series on a whim last night and here we are.

It's fucking trash too, contrarians of Yea Forums full of shit yet again.

The YouTube algorythm is powerful man

Kubrick's "shining" may be confusing for people who didn't read or read about book plot. Jack makes funny faces and starts wrecking shit. But it is kino aesthetically.

Protip Chad always says contrarian things that are flat out wrong and gets away with it by being chad.

wtf

Salem's Lot? Yeah it is nice. My favourite of hisbooksis Insomnia. Though the first few books of dark tower were kino too

Jack was a self-insert for Stephen King to try and make himself sympathetic and justify his cruel irrational behavior which is why he redeems him at the end.

Kubrick saw through his BS and portrayed Jack as the crazy alcoholic abusive controlling psycho that he (and Stephen King) were

Jaws was lame compared to the movie. Whole pointless subplots about Brody being cucked by Hooper and a Mafia subplot. Not to mention the shark getting harpooned to death.

I unironically make threads about stuff that shows up in my recommended feed.
Made a Small Soldiers thread because a video popped up reminding me of it.

Found the nostalgia critic fag

Attached: 1508093409917.jpg (1200x1000, 222K)

Yeah, it's like standing there shitting your pants and announcing to everyone "You know it really boggles boomers and x'ers when they hear that shitting in your pants is better. Every bowl movement in your pants is better."
You've got a shitty point of view and you're not making the best case for the rest of us to wallow in your filthy opinion with you

>YouTube algorythm is...
...complete shit now.

YouTube and google have been purged. It's 75% marketing and propaganda now.

The internet is dead.

user hes not real

You mean he makes him one dimensional.

Wow Danny looks fucking inbred in the mini series.

Oh so he was the same person at the beginning as he was in the end?

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 75K)

You actually want Hooper to die in the book plus that side plot about Brody's wife and Hooper was like 80 pages of a 270 something page book. The death of Jaws is worse but it seemed to fit into the book. Doesn't mayor Vaughan indirectly reference the Mafia with like one quote in either the 1st or second movie and then there's nothing about it ever again?

If he only has one character trait, abusive, and the only difference is whether he is active or passive, then he's one dimensional.

Why are the theories in Room 237 hilariously dumb?

Attached: 1559354290920.jpg (750x579, 419K)

Did kubrick know king was an idiot

spoony plz no ;-;

W R O N G

what a weak fucking argument

>redrum
>trickles down into murder
holy shit, this is the sort of room temperature IQ shit king would want in his film.

I'll see it recommended then see a thread and know why it's made so that's neat I guess

With an amazing filmography like this for the director, how could it not have been Cinéma?

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-06-21 at 2.17.07 PM.png (493x203, 30K)

I dunno how the book ends but the movie adaption of langoliers has this ending youtu.be/JfV3wPmyS_w

I don't get it

It's almost like King is a shitty writer that can't actually make good horror.

Kubrick thought King was an idiot and went out of his way to sabotage pedantic details from the book purely to spite him.

The Stand was one of my favorite books for 500 pages and one of my least favorite ones for the other 500.

>He finally got us

Attached: 1543593126606.jpg (380x247, 13K)

You have to remember that the shining was a very personal story for King, and the fact that Kubrick's Jack dosen't have development (or character for that matter) is something that really didn't sit well with king
Yes but then you have movies that completely fucks up. Like Dune, I robot, anything written by Dr. Seuss, Eragon, The Great Gatsby, I Am Legend and The Hitchhiker’s Guide To The Galaxy.

Then you have cases where the movie is just as good if not better then the book, like Godfather, Ben Hur and Jurassic Park
I read Revival, it had a good ending.

The DaVinci Code

I didn't know shit about the book when I watched the movie, the only part about it I found confusing was the ending.

i love how we are walked through the hotel with the family in Kubriks The Shining. It gives such a better sense of the bewildering size of the place, and the confusing and perhaps impossble layout of the place.

>some people

Are you sure it's not just Stephen King?

Kubrick literally drove that woman insane.

take it back, coward

Attached: 386DBF95-D75E-483B-8468-5BA504249ACC.jpg (1516x2000, 1.41M)

faggot. shelley is a goddess

Attached: E1C709A1-F4FB-4EF9-A9EC-AC2CE14C6486.jpg (540x548, 39K)

Christ, Jared has never been the same ever since his divorce.

>80
>ghosts appear as normal people except for the dead lady in the bathtub, which just looks like a rotting corpse
>'97
>everyone has zombie make-up on, even Jack has it on when he turns "evil"

Attached: 1533996527381.jpg (720x525, 113K)

>"Kubrick filmed the sex scenes involving Nicole and her navy lover.....The man chosen to play the lover of Alice's dreams was Gary Goba, a twenty-nine-year-old Canadian model who had never acted before. When he auditioned, he thought it was for the job of an extra who would be wearing a naval officer's uniform. Instead, in December 1997, he found himself naked on the closed set in front of an equally naked Nicole Kidman.

>Over the next few days, with barely an introduction, the two strangers performed fifty or so sexual positions, with Kubrick filming from the shadows all the while. The director wanted his naked star to explore every sex act, apart from oral sex, which he dismissed as a cinematic cliche.

>"We just tried to do stuff that we had never ever seen before in movies," recalled Goba. "Sometimes she would come up with an idea or I would or Stanley would." In the scene that actually made it into the movie, Nicole is lying on her back wearing a summer dress while Goba caresses her and lifts her dress over her breasts to reveal her body. "Leave [the dress] up there and have those hands continue on down, and, like, grab her tits, kiss them if you want, hands all the way down her body and end up between her legs," said the director.

>Goba, trying to be sensitive to Nicole, rested his hand on her thigh, knowing that it could make little difference to Stanley, as her other leg was shielding what his hand might actually be doing from the camera anyway. "Whoa! Whoa! Whoa! Gary, you've got to get right in there!" Kubrick instructed.

>"I couldn't believe it," says Goba. "I just couldn't believe it. I think he was having fun with it. It was a joke for him, but I think he went a little far for her because as the days went on, she would be like, 'Okay, cut!' Like this is getting too intimate, but he just let it go. It was like he was trying to have things done to piss her off—or the opposite. It was weird. He was laughing. He thought it was so funny."

>Goba continues "It was as if he were enjoying the relentless humiliation of another man's wife—and the unspoken emasculation of her husband—by playing out explicit scenes that would inevitably end up on the cutting room floor."

>In one scenario, Nicole had a wig glued over her private parts and Kubrick ordered Goba to perform oral sex on her. "He really wanted me to go for it," recalls Goba. "I did and he was like, 'You've got to really push in there and really move your head around,' and I'd see him laughing and she would be like, 'Oh God, Stanley!' So I was really grinding away in there, with my mouth on her patch—and there was hair in my mouth, too, and I'd be pulling one out."

>Nicole's biographer James L. Dickerson caustically observed, 'The most damning evidence against Kubrick lies in the relentless manner in which he pursued the sex scenes between Nicole and Gary Goba. He asked Nicole to do things that he knew damned well would never make it onto film. It was abusive behavior cloaked in a mantle of professional necessity."

>While Nicole is not so censorious, she concedes that she only allowed herself to be used in this way for Kubrick. "He didn't exploit me. I certainly wouldn't have done it for any other director and, yes, it was a little difficult to go home to my husband afterward." It seems that when she did go home, she did not say much about the day job— as per Kubrick's standing instructions.

Attached: 147205051.jpg (612x408, 44K)

Dude the Kubrick version was soooooo boring. Literally just long camera pan shots and Jack always acts the same

In your opinion. Most people know King but hardly anyone knows Kubrick

user

Attached: 1543158841874.png (638x638, 770K)

Dies Irae makes Garris' cinematography look good

Attached: steeeeempy.jpg (514x459, 40K)

Ok Stephen whatever helps you cope.

His books are still more popular than anything Kubrick has done. You're not cool for being contrarian, retard

u r gay lol

and you aren't cool for having room temp IQ

nationalreview.com/2019/06/film-review-toy-story-4-consumerism/
*BTFO's mouseshills*
HOW DOES HE DO IT LADS

Attached: B332D0DF-DC19-478E-B445-6703C4515ED6.jpg (550x325, 25K)

Everything George Lucas sells to someone it turns into vapid shit. Lucas sells Pixar to Steve Jobs it becomes infantile garbage. Lucas sells Star Wars to Disney it becomes infantile garbage.

>Eragon
>Yes but then you have movies that completely fucks up
you can't fuck up what was already absolute trash

King himself doesn't have character. He's been churning out trash fiction laced with pedophile fantasies for 50 years. He used to abuse drugs and one time he got hit by a car, and his daughter eats pussy.

jesus christ thats bad. i actually remember liking this movie but i don't remember the YEA

Sure but that's got nothing to do with it.

yes not just the lot of you watching the same videos because you're all like minded and insecure, it's "the algorithm" that's making you watch the videos it wants