What the fuck was this shit

What the fuck was this shit

Attached: Hereditary_Collette.0.jpg (1200x800, 116K)

Soi horror garbage

>mfw the brainlets get pleb filtered

Attached: 30AB192D-2EB5-4363-8802-CC18219985FE.jpg (436x651, 75K)

>dark, eerie, atmospheric, suspense build up, character developement, a bone-chilling slow burn

Attached: 1560947324133.png (454x520, 13K)

It's so refreshing to see the protagonists not win for a change

Attached: d90.png (644x800, 15K)

The Witch > Hereitary

meanwhile over in kinoland

Attached: 1561089214235.jpg (1440x1546, 110K)

>none of them went to a real therapist
>the son basically busted his head open on a table in school and the school sent him home
I rather enjoyed how they all dealt with the death of the daughter but damn they all needed therapy.

Pretty sure the teachers were part of the cult

>What the fuck was this shit
better than your favorite movie

i am not sure why this movie affected me so bad. im inoculated to gore and degeneracy from here but this one fucked me up.
I had to pace around after the beheading and then when the mom was screaming in the driveway I had to turn it off. Went back to it 2 days later and the rest of the film fucked me up to the point where I couldnt stop thinking about it.

It just pushed my fucking buttons. no other film ever did this to me desu, not even films pre-faggotry before 2010

Admit it, that car scene was fucked up and super disturbing.

coz this movie isn't just "ayyy lmao killer movie showed intestines" or "isis video, much resolution", it has pacing,plot and makes you empathise with the situation the family is in. Empathy is what differentiates amazing horror movie from jumpscare trash. ofc this movie has jumpscare shit as well but only after the really disturbing shit has gone down...

You're trying way too hard to have "superior taste" when you know full well the movie is good.

Look up The Strange Thing About the Johnsons on vimeo. It's the short film Ari Aster did before this. It's pretty uncomfortable to watch.

Attached: 1528819639003.jpg (378x378, 31K)

fuck you

Attached: Hereditary.png (720x360, 344K)

Only miserable faggots hate on this movie. Seriously, name one truly terrible thing about it.

Director that does his own flavor of family drama makes a movie with gay ouija shit added in later so they could market it easier as a horror movie

Le suburban white people are spooky!!

How is this? Trailer looked "okay"

A good fucking time, that's what.

The way Peter starts talking to her and then catches himself is pretty heartbreaking. Also, as bad as the car scene itself is, the aftermath is even more unsettling, when you see Annie screaming and then the camera pans over to Peter silhouetted in the hallway. One of the best parts of any horror movie I've ever seen.

This movie is garbage. Laughed every time it was supposed to be scary and then the film sabotages any hope it had by having the end be nothing but exposition.

I enjoyed It Comes at Night and VVITCH, so it's not that I didn't like it because of the type of horror it is, it's because this movie is trash.

a generic horror movie with decent cinematography

Attached: 1561108956112.jpg (640x314, 46K)

the ending, you cant despute how bad and genric it was. And dont give me "well it did it better than other horror movies"

Relatively weak ending, sure, but I don't think it was that bad. I was actually glad they went with an actual antagonistic/supernatural force, because I was worried the whole time that it would all turn out to be an allegory for mental illness. I think the journey is the destination with movies though, so unless an ending is offensively horrendous, it doesn't ruin what came before it.

Coping this hard

Attached: 1561077717249.jpg (1200x675, 108K)

>Feeling superior to someone who found a reason to like something.

>Laughed every time it was supposed to be scary
there is no faster way to know someone is unbearable to be around than when they say shit like this

It's HeREDDITary, of course

Not feeling superior, just dissapointed in you son

Attached: 1561121425565.jpg (640x634, 61K)

>ME WANT HONEYCOMB

If you made reddit into a movie this would be it

lol. I dont understand why people keep playing up the scene as some of the best they have ever seen. Even heard people say they had to turn it off because it was too much for them. I guess it is the best part of this overrated movie, but still

this and the subsequent scene where the mom is screaming was the one part that fucked me up

This is cringe, but he does have a point. The scenes where the mom slams her head against the wall and when the old people show up are honestly comically bad. Not to mention the fact that every time the son cried it sounded like a 5 year older trying to pretend cry.

Attached: 1561095410162.png (760x400, 381K)

I don't like it. Every scene is just there to give you some plot point rather than provide you with actual substance. Truly one of the most substance-less movies I've ever seen

It was, but I didn't think it was particularly bad. And yeah, honestly it did do it better than a lot of other movies, why is that not allowed to be a valid credit to the film? Also the ending would have been harder to swallow for being 'generic' if everything before it was an awful slog, but luckily it wasn't that way at all and was a pretty solid build up with good individual scenes.

I'm mostly fine with it just because it was able to keep my interest and even despite having a generic horror reveal and explanation it was still presented well. Not everything has to be entirely original, it just has to be done competently.

This scene was pretty good, but it set up an impossible expectation for the movie from that point on. The expectation being a good movie

Attached: 1561097116614.jpg (680x630, 46K)

Is a24 and soi horror literally a religion at this point?

Exactly that, shit.

The acting when she finds her daughter was very well done and I can understand why people couldn't handle it or it was hard to swallow. probably the best scene in the movie

>The father is the only decent, normal human being in the film and the crazy wife fucks him over
>Yea Forums calls it soi
Nothing is good enough for you people.

This, can we ban opinions?

Attached: E3CB56BD10A0470E9AE4C6C6456E19FA.jpg (243x234, 18K)

Charlie's entire death sequence and aftermath was kino in its purest form. Then it goes full retard.

>beautiful crisp morning
>go outside to pick up the paper
>weird smell coming from the car

people point out all the signs that the kid was possessed in the end but I just don't see it.

all it's missing is you as the lead.

EDIT: Thanks for the gold, but I can handle myself.

they don’t care if a movie was good or not, they probably haven’t even seen it.
they just want to make fun of you and call you soi and post the same 3 wojaks over and over again.
it wouldn’t matter in the slightest what the topic was, they will just say the same thing anyway. I’m sure they think they are being le ebin troll xD

Holy shit bros, they onions has lost it

the ending was the best part.
the soundtrack, the gold lighting, the reveal of Charlie’s head on the Paimon statue, the headless bodies positioned to be bowing, the naked cult watching from the sidelines, the zoom out so it looked like one of the model houses, and, once again, the soundtrack. it was glorious on the big screen.

Jesus, have sex

Attached: jbvpenisjesus.jpg (670x750, 109K)

>they were miniatures moved around by other forces just like her miniature houses

whoa

why are you like this? please make some friends. it will do you a world of good.

>what is Mandy

Dont make this about me son, we're doing this for your own good

Attached: it was a generic movie and you know it.png (1440x2880, 1.19M)

I’ve had sex, with multiple women.
you worthless unfunny carbon copy.

see what I mean? nothing of interest to say, nothing of value to add. just the same buzzwords over and over again. and you wonder why no one you know in real life likes you...

dont forget that the opening shot zooms into a miniature version of peters room to start the movie and it never "leaves"

haha okay this is deep, this is epic

It's not scary but still a good movie. The only thing that took me out a bit was the son looking like a Pajeet.