prrrrrrrrrttt

Ser delivery of House exposition

>bullying Tyrion
>being the "funny" man in King's Landing
>lick the balls of Joffrey and Cersei everytime
>"pedophilia is bad kids don't do it"
That's all the reasons I can think about

To brap

In the books he’s the only competent man in Cersei’s administration along with Kevan Lannister and they work together to protect Tommen from Cersei’s influence. This is Vary’s reasoning for killing both of them, to further destabilize the realm to make Aegon’s invasion go off more smoothly

In the show he’s just dumb comic relief

he was a Lannister loyalist on the small council. his and Kevan's deaths in the books is meant to cause chaos in the capital to make it easier for fAegon to conquer. his death in the show didn't mean much, since Aegon doesn't exist.

>Varys claims to be working for the good of the realm
>kills two men that are doing good to the realm
Was it autism?

It feels like the show only decided that they weren’t going to do Aegon pretty late in, which makes a lot of characters and plot lines from the earlier seasons superfluous.

To be fair he does genuinely think that Aegon will be a better option because he’s been groomed to be a good king from birth

Why was he even killed by Qyburn in the show? Qyburn didn't have book Varys' reason to do it since they're both on Cersei's side, but was still rehearsing Varys' words "sorry, I don't hate you, but I have to do it, forgive me".

I doubt even D&D know, they probably just felt it was easier to have less characters

Yeah, that happens too with most of prince heirs. Sure, the Baratheon kids had shit parents, but Tommen raised by Tywin or Kevan would be a perfect king

Does Dany not have her dragons by that point in the book? Was varys seriously betting against dragons?

Dany is fucking around in Slavers Bay doing nothing of any import as far as Varys is concerned, the plan is to have her marry fAegon after he's won the throne

Why do you think they cut Aegon out of the show if he's such an essential part of the story?
I havent read the books but I'm almost finished Fire & Blood and I feel like the whole show would have been better if it put more emphasis on the fact that the targs ruled for hundreds of years and have gone through phases of being deposed and then regaining their throne.

Fucked if I know, guess they thought everyone suddenly thinking Jon Snow is the greatest warrior in Westeros for 2 seasons made a more compelling story than Dany's maybe/maybe not nephew being more well liked than her

honestly when Aegon was cut many book fans thought it was a good call, since people thought it would complicate things too much. in retrospect now, knowing the general direction the story is going, Aegon is essential. he will probably be the established, already well-liked power in the south when Dany invades, and some people even speculate that Dany will join forces with Euron, who looks a lot like Daario in the books. he has a better claim to the throne since he's Rhaegar's son, but Dany will no doubt ignore this and try to claim the throne by right of conquest.

What do you bookfags think about the dragons though? Aegon can't do dick without his own.

Attached: Ivan.jpg (640x483, 90K)

well yeah, Aegon will serve the role that Cersei served in the last two seasons. he will have the people's admiration, and the lords will go to him. Dany will beat him in the field every time but lose the people, just as she did in Essos.

Why are you writing in future tense?
The books are not gonna be finished

delete this

He isn't actually working for the good of the realm, that's literally a meme. He's just working to advance the goals of his best friend who wants a Blackfyre to win the throne

Why did they cut this scene?

youtube.com/watch?v=Zb-RVIETRCE

He specifically says to Kevan something the effect of Tommen things that being king is his right, whilst Aegon has been taught that it is his duty.

>Why do you think they cut Aegon out of the show if he's such an essential part of the story?
Because D&D had no interest in doing the series beyond the Red Wedding. Adding important characters they cut like Aegon (maybe), Victarion, Arianne and Manderlay means the story gets stretched out. Even now with so many story threads it seems like Martin has fucking zero idea on how to tie it all together.
D & D just said, "fuck it" and checked out.

I want a Tywin spin off with Charles Dance bullying people for 24 episodes

I want a Game of Thrones where they don't kill off the best antagonist and one of the best characters half way through the story.

It definitely originally planned to have him. The kept Varys' AGoT plot entirely intact. And his motives only make sense if he's backing fAegon because he wants Dany and Viserys dead, but also refuses to back Ned's coup. Without fAegon, there is zero reason for him to not support Ned.

They should’ve just went in a radically different direction when they passed the books like anime adaptations of unfinished manga used to

Assuming it goes roughly like the show, one will be killed/turned by the Others and one will probably be controlled by Euron with Dragonbinder

>Euron
Or Victarion, I don't think Euron planned on him meeting a Red Priest who kind of understands how the horn works