Mfw Alita will never get a sequel

>mfw Alita will never get a sequel

Attached: Alita Battle Angel 2019 720p HDRip-1XBET.mkv_snapshot_01.55.11_[2019.06.16_14.08.33].png (1280x720, 1.67M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OosGqC3b9vo
blu-ray.com/movies/top.php
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

fpbp

Good riddance

It was enjoyable garbage

>customer at work talking about the movie
>"I hope they bring Hugo back for the sequel, I loved him!"

Attached: IMG_20170317_060607_processed.jpg (375x375, 47K)

I want my money back

Attached: 1555692410038.png (376x400, 130K)

sneed battle farmer

should I get this rip? or wait for blue ray?
when is bluray?

O U T

Attached: 1550432116560.png (1006x742, 1.24M)

No

S N E E D

>t.reddit

get the blu-ray, the rip is alright but if you're watching it for the first time you're best seeing it in the best quality possible

Attached: Alita Battle Angel 2019 720p HDRip-1XBETT.webm (1280x720, 2.99M)

serious question: is the manga actually good or just a meme? for starters, there's no shonen shit in there, right?

which is when? when is the bluray coming?

nah, it was just garbage

>spend money on a shitty movie

its not a good movie, so it doesn't really matter how you watch it. but 1xbet is absolute garbage.

sometime in mid July I think

Attached: Alita Battle Angel 2019 720p HDRip-1XBET.mkv_snapshot_00.10.26_[2019.06.19_20.47.01].jpg (782x720, 273K)

Name ONE film released in 2019 that was better

Attached: Alita Battle Angel Hug Before CGI.webm (1280x720, 359K)

it looks ok from this guy's screens

That's from the promo materials

>dude a shitty cam rip with ads on the screen looks good
stfu

It still has yellow advertising text ruining important scenes

Attached: Alita Battle Angel 2019 720p HDRip-1XBETTTT.webm (800x450, 3M)

no those ares screens/webms i made

Attached: Alita Battle Angel 2019 720p HDRip-1XBETTT.webm (800x450, 2.95M)

>OK
> 720p
>shit color banding

Attached: NONONO.png (448x412, 186K)

because its cropping out the constant floating watermarks. for obvious reasons no one is posting screencaps of the embedded ads or the sequence where an ad spirals around a scene.

Almost every movie released

lazy bait answer

Attached: Alita Battle Angel 2019 720p HDRip-1XBET.mkv_snapshot_00.56.37_[2019.06.16_16.37.18].jpg (826x646, 214K)

at this point ill just wait and buy the bluray then..

the original run is non-shounen, the sequel run is pretty shounen, the second sequel run is bad-things-happening-to-little-girls, whatever that's called.

its the best manga that will never get a proper adaptation. its too long, the scope is too large, and it spends too much time in places not compatible with a non-manga format.

Truly mfw. What's the hold up? Didn't Rosa say there would be some info right about now. Was that a lie?

Attached: 1557147270836.png (432x422, 212K)

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Attached: IMG_20190619_065738.jpg (1662x1078, 474K)

Trying too hard, broe

What anime will Hollywood try adapting next? How many more failures will it take for them to give up on anime being the next capeshit booms?

Jesus Christ, what a brony

Attached: 1558942218817.jpg (260x234, 23K)

It didn't fail. At all. If anything, it's emboldened Hollywood.

J.J Abrams has that Your Name adaptation in the works but I've heard so little of it I'm not confident it's coming out this year

thanks for the detailed response. so in your opinion, is it still good after the original run?

A reminder the discord is run by a scheming incel tranny named Archie who spends his every waking moment in the discord.
Xir is also autistic

Having never read a manga or comic before, here is my impression. The first one is good, but the second goes totally off the fucking rails.

'sup Jerome? Still assmad over Alita threads I see.

Thank you for mentioning this. The first one is almost perfect.

no one is trolling, friend. the movie was really bad and the only reason anyone thinks otherwise is because waifu

Last Order is gets so fricking repetitive. Oh look, another 5 volumes of a pointless and boring fight, along with a 3 volume flashback about some side character that no one cares about. Then we'll finally get to see Alita for like 2 pages before it's back to get another battle describing made-up martial arts moves.

no

Not even that. It's literally just another contrarian Yea Forums meme. These movies always end up disappointing and then the memes mostly die. Alita circlejerk is still going on because BR hasn't leaked and so most of Yea Forums hasn't seen it.

This. I really hope Last Order is completely ignored if they ever make a sequel.

the original run is great with a horrible rushed ending. the sequel run (last order) just gets worse and worse as it goes, and just as you think its about to start getting better, there's another horrible rushed ending. The second sequel run is an inferior sci-fi clone of made in abyss, without any endearing characters.

the big issue is all the great characters from the original run stop being the focus of the sequel runs and the author never comes up with anyone comparable. Last order, for instance, was literally the author canonizing fanfiction characters, and it fucking shows.

Nah, I legit thought it was a pretty good action film. 1000 ! better than any capeshit out there. That's why we know you're trolling.
>we
Yeah, nigga. I said we

>bad-things-happening-to-little-girls
what is the term for this genre? guromoe?

no

>mfw a clean rip of Alita will never release
I STILL havent seen this god damn movie.

Attached: 1512682678174.gif (320x287, 781K)

If you're impressed by CGI characters punching other CGI characters, then I really don't have much to say to that. As you're just broadcasting how much of a total pleb you are.

sneed

>contrarian Yea Forums meme
Literally wtf did you mean by this?

Not doing so well at the BO.
Why isn't webrip-web-dl not out yet?

there's too many people on Yea Forums to assume anyone is being anything less than totally genuine. As no matter how bad something is, someone is going to like it. For just as you can't please everyone all the time, you also can't displease everyone all the time.

contrarianism is just a meme created by those who don't want to accept there is not only an unimaginable number of people in the world, but that most of those people won't agree with (you) about anything.

Doesn't matter, I watched it through a guy who snuck his phone into the theatre and filmed the screen. Didn't even have to leave the house

Attached: 1469116843712.png (800x800, 536K)

they're keeping it off VOD services because they're trying to wring every possible cent from the bluray release. because the movie flopped hardcore.

Yeah, I like good action films. CG or not. When did that become a bad thing?
>broadcasting
This is an anonymous image board, this isn't your FB where you worry about reputation and "clout". This is Yea Forums, dummy.

What is it about this movie that's taking so long for the torrent to come out?

Attached: feelsmeh.png (1106x1012, 71K)

so what you're saying is you're afraid to publicly admit you liked this movie, and only feel comfortable doing so in the safety of anonymity.

It surpassed expectations and even that cuck, Scatt Mendleson changed his tune about it. Here's your (you) though lol

>it flopped slightly less than anticipated so it didn't flop

You're starting to cope now and it comes across in your post. You do know that right? Nothing in my post implies that I'm ashamed of liking the movie even a little bit. But your comment about being worried about not having the right opinion exposed you pretty good.

Thats op’s post not fp you pleb

don't bother

What a mark you are.

>to wring every possible cent from the bluray release
VOD has more chance of pulling money out than bluray, I mean they rip it in less then a day and you have scene and every little group spamming releases all over the nets.
On web is just a shitty webrip with kor subs and logos and shit, a lot of pirates avoid it, but they don't avoid a bluray rip.

>the movie flopped hardcore.
No ? I don't remember the figures but it sure made money.

>Shifting the goal posts because you have literally nothing else to do.
That's not even the most pathetic part. The most pathetic part is wasting your time in these threads.

>i'm going to rationalize dislike for this movie as crowd-behavior right-think, and then use self-betraying terms like cope and project

The movie was bad and appealed only to simpletons.

Do yourself a favor and never try to psychoanalyze a post on Yea Forums ever again.

vod is guaranteed money in exchange for the loss of hypothetical money. The numbers on stuttershit releases very strongly indicate most people don't give a shit about slight bitstarving and asian subs.

Do you have any self awareness at all? Seriously, do you read what you write before posting or do you need the (you)s to make the day more eventful?

The "goalpost" is "returned investment." That doesn't move, at all. The most liberal estimates of it's box office performance puts it at a 20m deficit, and that is assuming they spent zero on marketing.

I'd like to think you're carefully constructing your posts so the only possible response is a glorified "no u," but that would be attributing far more intelligence to you than you seem capable of displaying.

>he's worried about what autists on 4chin think of him and his opinions
Poor baby

Attached: 1557170190152.png (662x478, 22K)

>The numbers on stuttershit releases very strongly indicate most people don't give a shit about slight bitstarving and asian subs.
A lot of pirates wait.
A the rip is not that good as the stream, if you want a quality webrip you'd get it at 10GB.

>Spends his time in threads about stuff he hates trying to change people's opinions
>implies others are the dumb ones.
My question still stands: Do you have any self awareness at all?

>if you want a quality webrip you'd get it at 10GB.
webrips only go that high because the encode is preserving the streaming artifacts. Like saving a compressed jpg as a png.

Where is your source, user?

>wants Yea Forums to be a hugbox
>claims intellectual superiority

Yea that what happens when you cap.

how do people look at this hideous grotesque thing and think it’s attractive? are the autism theories true?

The "source" is looking at the box office gross and applying the best possible yields. it didn't net more than 50% of the US box office, more than 40% of the non-china international box office, and more than 30% of the china box office.

But hey, denying math is par for the course here.

A competent group will encode at a lower bitrate because preserving another encode's encoding artifacts is moronic.

but we can continue discussing something you clearly understand nothing about as long as you want.

>Hugbox
You mean a website/board where people only have the """right""" opinions on stuff? I think it's you who craves the hugbox, not me. I loved the movie and you're not going to change my mind. Or anyone else's. Because you are just an autist... on Yea Forums. LOL

>preserving another encode's encoding artifacts is moronic
Even if you get rid of the artifacts it'll never be as smooth as a web-dl, you massive fag.
You can also remove the artifacts during playback.
When you lower the size, the bitrate goes down and it's not as smooth as people like you try to put it, invariably some quality is lost.

Oh, so thumb sucking? Cool. I believe you, bro!

Friend, you're the only person whining about correct opinions in this thread.

NO SOURCE
O

S
O
U
R
C
E

If a source has artifacts, you can't get rid of them. Even blurays will have artifacts. So going super high bitrate on web-dl is idiotic. Sometimes people can extract the raw stream, but that is getting rarer every day, and usually there's nothing there worth preserving.

>math is only correct if some faggot posts it on their blog

what use is denial here? screaming into the void isn't going to suddenly cause 20m, the marketing costs, and a comfortable return (~15%) to suddenly materialize for alita.

I'm in a thread about a movie I enjoy. You're in here trying to mould people's opinions to dislike the movie, because according to you that's the "right" opinion to have. You don't really read what you post, huh? Well, at any rate, here's your last (you), partner. Hope you eventually find something you like

>So going super high bitrate on web-dl is idiotic
You won't see that because of the stream concept.
You need a low latency on an average internet speed.
High bitrate is always a + if you have a massive screen.

You were impressed by CGI. You're mentally deficient.

You're still not providing any sources so why do you keep posting? I'm really curious.

You really want to keep discussing something you understand nothing about, huh.

What source do you want? The box office grosses are published and easily found, as is the budget. Yields from china/international/domestic are known fact. Do you want sources on how to perform basic math?

Already pre-ordered.

Attached: alita4k.png (1325x502, 470K)

I told you the mods wouldn't allow the /alita/ general threads to reach #1000. You didn't listen and now the /alita/ general is banned. How amusing.

Attached: asuk.jpg (248x233, 9K)

Rest in piss

they can go as long as they want in .

>all these replies without sauce.
I can't take you seriously but I can see that you take yourself VERY seriously.

These same 'people' thing Anya Taylor Joy's alien hybrid ass is hot, so probably.

not an argument

Yeah but since we're dabbing on you in this thread, who cares about the general?

>i am incapable of thought unless some blogger tells me what to think
Do you need a source to know what 2+2 equals?

Judging by it's multipliers and relatively low advertising, I'd wager is eked out a small profit.

They may very well keep the budget down and make another one. They want to keep Mr. Titanic happy and it should be easier to keep the costs down now that the CGI assets are created.

>He gets off by arguing with people online.
Oh dear. Looks like I should have ignored you a while ago. Let me fix that real quick.

Your not dabbing on anyone sweetie. Your precious general has been taken away, the BD release is delayed and there will be no sequel. It must be so rough for you these days with only a tranny infested discord and the occasional pathetic thread on Yea Forums like this one to hang out in.

>let me ignore you by replying to you
ok

judging by it's what? the absolute maximum it could've yielded from domestic is 50%, 40% from non-china international, and 30% from china. There's absolutely no other relevant figures. The actuals were likely lower as typically theater gets a larger cut the longer they screen the film.

No sauce
o

S
a
u
c
e

Attached: 1558509044602.jpg (900x900, 80K)

>I don't know shit but I'm sure...
>t. retard

its odd how an actual human face will be more endearing than some CGI monstrosity coded by indians.

Every single article you can find on it says that it's home sales will put it in the black. They will want to keep James Cameron happy, so as long as it didn't lose money and he wants a sequel, they will almost certainly give him one and tell him to keep the budget at 150 million.
I don't see any actual articles saying it won't end up making money. Nobody is going to spoil their relationship with Cameron over a film that made a modest amount of money. Even the producers will be fine with it because keeping him happy means an opportunity to invest in the Avatar sequels and whatever else he does.

>tfw no more /alita/ general

Attached: 1550763520091.png (760x570, 613K)

Good, it was fucking trash and I'm glad the generals got shut down.

All
This
Impotent
Rage

>needs to check the internet for a source on how to urinate

*AHEM*

$700 BILLION TO BREAK EVEN

Attached: 1551107707133.png (1000x1000, 206K)

>NAH NAH NA NA NAH I'M IGNORING YOU BY REPLYING TO YOU
ok

Based

I missed you so much. Where have you been?

all I'm getting from your post is it's confirmed the movie flopped, and the only hope it has to break even is home sales.

A film that cost 170m to make after tax incentives will never take 700m(I assume you mean that and not billion) to break even.
All I can assume is, people here are using the 200m top-line budget number and not the after-tax 170m budget number.

google it you literal retard

you can make as many as you want in

Bruh

>replies to a frogposter

... just keep broadcasting how new you are.

It's not a hope, it's literally every projection. Many movies have gotten sequels off of strong home sales alone. This one just didn't need much money to put it over the top.
I haven't even seen this movie. I don't care about this movie. But it's almost certainly going to get a sequel based on it not losing money and the fact that the studio and investors will want to preserve their relationship with Cameron. If he wasn't involved, it probably wouldn't. But he spent 16 years trying to get this movie made, so if he wants a sequel, he will probably get one. If he doesn't, then there won't be one.
All of this is available with ten minutes of research.

SHUT UP YOU MASSIVE CUNT.

>its not a hope, its a projection!

... you realize we're talking about the movie struggling to just break even, right?

You're very angry that I dismantled your troll attempt, aren't you?

>i responded to an obvious troll umad???

>HUR IMMA RETARD!

In the box-office, yes. But 'struggling to break even' in the box office means 'will certainly break even after home sales, streaming and broadcast rights' have been hashed out.
You understand how valuable a strong relationship is with James Cameron, don't you?

Not at all. I almost never get angry. But you both are clearly very salty about this.

Its 2019 kiddo. Numbers talk and bullshit walks. Alita was unprofitable by today's standards. No corporation's CEO and board members are going to disappoint their stock holders by taking on a sequel to a flop.

>floplita is an absolute abomination of an adaptation
>performs appallingly at the box office
>trust me guys, there will be a sequel!
Well, I'm convinced

Attached: 1058854753718.jpg (743x667, 84K)

>no you
Wow. You really blew them the fuck out I guess.

Friend, you know we're JUST talking about breaking even on budget, right? We aren't talking at all about how much they spent on marketing. Which was not an insignificant figure, considering they bought a superbowl trailer.

It needs to make, at the absolute least, 20 million from home sales, which is also not a low figure as far as home sales go. 20 million is also around the amount the movie would've gotten from an early streaming release, indicating the actual break even point is significantly higher.

They mad, bro

>Current Year!
You are very, very salty about this.
I haven't even seen the movie. But I know how things work, and money is fungible. This didn't lose it, and endorsing a sequel will give investors a strong crack at other, very profitable movies in the future. It means a relationship with a man who makes profit on movies about spelunking.
Business is business, but you have a very shallow understanding of how business works. Going slightly in the red or only being slightly in the black on one project is worth being massively in the black on another.

why didn't they just cast a young woman for the role instead of creating this cgi abomination?

It's blown past clearing the budget. It only needs home sales to clear marketing costs. That's been understood since April.
As I said, ten minutes of research.

>It's blown past clearing the budget.
not even the most liberal of estimates indicates that. Unless you're one of those extremely intelligent people who thinks studios get 100% of the box office gross.

>because numbers and dates pulled out of my ass
nah

>Alita is treated as trash

Of course. How appropriate.

Attached: alita_daisuke.jpg (1170x863, 330K)

please stop associating gunnm with this horrible movie

because the only young female character in the OVA was alita. This was also the only anime cameron had seen at that point. So he confused anime stylizations for character traits.

This is correct. Alita was a huge flop. $175mil production cost + $260 mill marketing = needed $435mil to break even. The movie only grossed $405mil at the box office which means they only took in around $150mil after the theatre's cut so the whole production is $285mil in the hole. The movie flopped on astronomical proportions all things considered. Why is this so hard for Alita fans to understand?

I don't remember the date of Waterloo but I'm sure Napoleon lost.
Retard.

The movie was good, so why not?

>this completely unrelated trivia tidbit proves I am right
no

whats your endgame here with that garbage? its clear you have zero understanding of math, why highlight it further?

>posts unrelated trash
HUR WHATS YOUR ENDGAME!?

Please explain your behavior.

>alita thread on Yea Forums
>its nothing but bickering and shitposting

Attached: this shit again.png (441x336, 96K)

He hates Alita so he spends his time in Alita threads.

Ha next thing you'll be telling me not to associate it with Face/Off

Attached: the face OFF.gif (460x259, 1.38M)

no, you explain your behaviour.
false

We could have a little discussion but as usual, autists CAN NOT help themselves.

I love Alita, I saw it 16 times in theaters, and even I am persuaded it belongs in It's fitting to the story and to the character.

Attached: alita-10.jpg (640x360, 37K)

So you're trying to make people who have an actual understanding of math look stupid by posting inane garbage like .

>next you'll tell me something completely random

there's a reason you people belong in .

The math is correct in this post you neanderthals.

>tranny infested discord
Yes and their ringleader Archie an SJW redditor. Half the discord would make /pol/ blush but they take their marching orders from an SJW any way.

So what motivates the shitposting? You aren't upsetting anyone by broadcasting how stupid you are.

>seething over facts that prove they are retarded
>posts an non an argument in response
cope

I get that you're upset that domestic yield won't exceed 50%, non-china international yield won't exceed 40%, and china's yield won't exceed 30%. That more than zero dollars was spent on marketing and that hoping for a blowout on home sales to break even is total desperation. But just making up a load of bullshit doesn't change those facts.

>there's too many people on Yea Forums to assume anyone is being anything less than totally genuine

this is the dumbest logical fallacy I've seen in years. are you unironically retarded?

>on the other hand when I make up a load of bullshit it does change facts
nah

pretending that people are only pretending to be retarded is a defense mechanism people construct so they won't have to admit most people really are incredibly and inexplicably dumb.

Feel free to explain how those generally accepted yields are incorrect.

posters
>180 replies

AHAHAH stop spamming these threads

>waste your time refuting these yields I pulled from my ass
no

>Half the discord would make /pol/ blush
you actually don't use that app. The stuff there is pretty damned tame when compared to the dozens of honk, WSharia and shekelgruber servers that are around.

Attached: 04264499.jpg (737x601, 71K)

The actual yields would be lower, so I'm not sure why you're upset by them.

reminder: flopped

yes, that is the point I am making.

reminder: flipped, sequel whenever

being retarded doesn't change anything

No need to point that out. Your retardation has proven it beyond a doubt already.

>n-no y-you!
I'd be disappointed if you hadn't fallen to this hundreds of times already

>haha y-you!
digging yourself further into the hole with another pointless post i see

are you deriving some sort of satisfaction from getting replies? Do you feel that changes the fact the movie flopped?

hi is this the thread where we act like mentally ill cultists over a manga adaptation movie

No more (you)s for you. Clearly you aren't capable of handling them. Time to cut you off.

How tf can you talk about a single movie this much ?

Attached: 1560105154415.jpg (468x416, 30K)

if you actually look at any of these threads, you'd see they don't actually talk about the movie. hence why they were relocated to .

I'm not the one without anything resembling an argument/fact, friend.

The original run of Gunnm was written for mature audiences. Kishiro initially tried to get his manga published in shonen magazines but when Business Jump was the only magazine willing to pick it up he pivoted it towards an adult audience.

Attached: afterword.png (1654x2401, 894K)

The original is worth reading, turns into complete shit after that.

What exactly is the problem with liking CGI when it's done very well? You couldn't make a movie like Alita with practical effects unless you had an astronomical budget.

It all goes back to that classic lucas quote, before he completely lost his mind. CGI is nothing but a tool to tell a story, and the story being told in the movie was very flat and inane.

Fox said it only needs to make 350M to break even. It made 405M, and that's not counting any home sales which are through the roof even though nothing's even been released yet. Even if you account for the lower domestic/foreign sales ratio, it's making a profit and the people who made the movie are certainly aware that there is a healthy fanbase that wants a sequel or 3.

Attached: sequel confirmed.jpg (589x167, 29K)

If you run the numbers in the most liberal fashion possible, the movie still comes up 20m short of breaking even on budget alone, with no telling how much they spent on marketing.

that 350m projection was assuming a pretty standard domestic/foreign split. 22/78 is not a standard domestic/foreign split.

if they were that close to breaking even, they would've just dropped it on streaming platforms. But they're holding everything back for the bluray release.

Bait.

Attached: Alita Battle Angel 2019 720p HDRip-1XBET.mkv_snapshot_00.06.41_[2019.06.16_14.09.04].png (1280x720, 1.77M)

You're still not getting the big picture. Few people outside Japan even knew about Gunnm, now it's been introduced to audiences worldwide and just about everyone who saw it liked it, with a lot of them declaring it the movie of the year. A sequel is all but confirmed to happen and you can bet Cameron is gonna swing his big dick to make it happen. It wasn't a flop by any metric except by those used by rival studios and the budget for a sequel could be a lot smaller since a lot of the required assets already exist and there's a script ready for a whole trilogy, courtesy of Mr. Boatman who spent 2 decades preparing to produce it.

gunnm's popularity isn't relevant. the audience score from rotten tomatoes isn't a representative sample, for it was, word of mouth would've translated to a much better box office performance. There is zero actual talk of a sequel and cameron doesn't have the clout to make it happen just on his say-so. It was a flop by every metric that matters (return on investment) and the only way to cut the budget, because of the moronic decision to make alita entirely performance capture, is to have barely any scenes of the main character in her sequel. Not to mention the fact just because cameron wrote his treatment 20 years ago, doesn't mean he's been spending every second of those 20 years working on the movie. For the biggest indicator cameron, in fact, didn't care about the project anymore is the fact he handed the reins off to a zero-talent spic.

in short, your "big picture" is a lot of meaningless and misleading details that, ultimately, don't matter. As none of them translate to twenty million dollary-doos. As its all just wishful thinking on your part.

Cameron literally created a TV show with very similar themes as a way for him to explore and develop the idea of him producing a cyberpunk movie based on Gunnm. He didn't just come up with that shit overnight, he's been a fan of Gunnm since the mid-90s. As for his choice of director, it seems Rodriguez did a very good job.

Attached: darkangel.jpg (1000x1426, 1.2M)

if rodriguez did a good job, why did the movie flop? and if you actually watched dark angel, you wouldn't be acting like it was noteworthy.

but hey, you're a cameronfag.

>Flipita
>Sequel

holy shit. is this true?

favorite line of the movie?
>Sweetheart, you are.

yes.

>if you actually watched dark angel, you wouldn't be acting like it was noteworthy.
It was a very enjoyable series. Although I suppose you could address my appreciation of it to the conditions in which I watched it.

My favorite was
>how about it, meatboy? Ditch the hardbody and let me buy you a drink. You can jack me off later

Attached: zapan with hugo.jpg (1296x712, 470K)

>I'll suck your cock for a a thousand credits.
>Hugo can't watch though or he has to pay a hundred.
That scene blew me away. I can't believe Alita offered oral sex to Zapan like that while dissing on Hugo at the bar. What was she thinking?

>mouse coping hard with the success of alita

I like how movies can't just be bad anymore. Its always a conspiracy.

a shit movie that people pretend to like out of spite towards another shit movie

garbage flick, let it burn
>dumpster city looking like happy town
>cyborgs looking like polished chrome toasters
>badly slapped on faces
>Alita having skin on her neck
>rollerball yikes
>rushed fights, purple chinese friendly "blood"
>Makaku namechange
>Nova in cloud city

imagine there are actual people posting in the Aylita sticky for months
I wonder if they are former capeshitters or GoT fags who cling to any hot turd in order to escape depression and emptyness

What we like and what we don't like has been decided for us by marketers since at least the start of the 20th century when cigarettes started being pushed really hard on the public. Most people are just too daft to pick up on even the most obvious marketing campaigns.

based and truthpilled

... yea, no. Marketing can't force people to enjoy something they dislike. Successful movies being highly marketed does not mean the heavy marketing caused their success. If something people dislike is heavily marketed, that causes people to dislike it even more. Your personal opinions on marvel movies should serve as proof of this.

What happened with alita is test marketing showed mostly negative reactions, so domestic marketing was mostly scrapped. They hoped word of mouth would help, but, obviously, it didn't.

It actually has great cinematography, how at the start of the movie Alita is all happy and innocent, with scenes filmed in broad daylight(I dislike how much most cyberpunk relies on dark scenes all the time), but as it progresses it all turns to scenes in the night. Likewise, her costumes and cyber bodies change from very childish ones to ones clearly optimized for combat. BTW Grewishka isn't a "Makaku namechange" just for this movie, he's from the OVA, which is what this adaptation mainly draws from. And even he goes through different bodies, each one looking less human and more like a machine than the last one. And Hugo, too, becomes a cyborg before his death, essentially losing his humanity.

Slowly, throughout the movie, Alita and everything around her turns into this dark dystopia from the innocent world that she woke up in. That's what made this film so great.

Everything you posted is complete bullshit you brain dead pleb.

Based and firstpilled

Cringe

So you know nothing about marketing. Or psychology. Or anything really.

Makes sense you'd be a fan of this awful movie.

because they made the main character look retarded. weebs have shit taste in everything

Based retard

>Slowly, throughout the movie, Alita and everything around her turns into this dark dystopia from the innocent world that she woke up in.

that totally explains why her lowest point (hugo falling) was set at daylight.

Okay, this is based

don't associate weebs with this garbage. every weeb knows full well you can't make anime designs work in 3D.

The fanbase for this garbage is autistic cameronfags.

It wasn't for Alita, but it was for Hugo. He'd finally seen the light. Right after that it was Alita's moment when she swore to avenge him by taking down Nova.

>mfw no sequel

youtube.com/watch?v=OosGqC3b9vo

Attached: 1554478461877.webm (480x480, 359K)

>He'd finally seen the light
The defining trait of the character is "get to salem no matter the cost." Why is his mad dash up the wire him seeing the light?

Because even though he'd lost everything, in his last moments he realized that Alita had saved him from a life of slicing up cyborgs for money. And as Alita told him he belongs nowhere except with her he realized his dream of going up was futile all along. All he needed was her. It wasn't until his last moments that he realized what was truly important.

so what you're saying is the day/night setting only fits the scenes occasionally, and hugo being at his lowest point was not reflected in the fact his last scene took place during the day.

For another example, why did all the motorball scenes take place at night? Alita was pretty cheerful during those.

>no you

man, he really blew you the fuck out, didn't he

Because she had to fight with against herself, ultimately, in the motorball scenes. None of the motorballers even knew her. Contrast that to, say, the Ido scenes
>sun is shining all is nice
>Ido is acting like Alita's stepdad
>it's dark and gloomy
>Ido is acting as a hunter-warrior

>she had to fight with against herself
she seemed pretty comfortable in every combat situation, so this seems like a pretty huge stretch.

Not to mention she had a lot of arguments with ido during daylight, and those scenes were pretty much the closest the movie ever came to having any conflict. Finding the berserker body also took place in broad daylight.

who is this qt and where can I find more of her

and thats ok alita battle angel was terrible.

Arguments with Ido had mostly do with the fact that he didn't want Alita to fight people or to get the Berserker body. It was only after Ido agreed to give it to her that things got truly dark.

so the scenes where she realizes the world is dark take place during the light, and the scenes where she starts fighting the world are dark, and the scenes where she starts murdering completely random/powerless people for no good reason (vector) take place during the day, one character's lowest possible point takes place during the day, and other character's highest point (challenging salem) takes place at night.

Friend, this analysis doesn't hold up at all.

nigga please, it's getting one

Attached: alitabr7.jpg (740x906, 122K)

>bluray sales
>meaningful

yes?
having sales that good means that most people who saw the movie liked it, means there's a demand for more
it's especially important considering Alita made it pretty much in break-even territory, strong blu-ray / 4k sales can make all the difference

>Alita didn't flop
>its in break-even territory
Nah. See

Attached: chucky.png (742x470, 186K)

also streaming sales which will arguably be more, if netflix can make Bright (which cost 90 mil to make) and still turn a profit then Alita will be fine

Attached: Alita Battle Angel 2019 720p HDRip-1XBET.mkv_snapshot_00.22.05_[2019.06.21_20.09.08].png (536x622, 811K)

fake and gay

streaming platforms usually pay a premium to get access to movies before the bluray drops.

I'd kill myself over it if I were you. make me proud

Asnita

blu-ray.com/movies/top.php

>fake and gay website posting fake and gay info isn't fake and gay

So is also fake and gay? Because its the same site.

>mfw

Attached: Alita Battle Angel 2019 720p HDRip-1XBET.mkv_snapshot_00.22.08_[2019.06.21_20.18.18].png (578x700, 975K)

350 million to break even, that includes advertisements. It didn't flop you fucking ass pulling retard.

and fox/disney isn't taking the extra money because bluray sales are their only prayer

>that includes advertisements.
that would mean they didn't spend a single cent on marketing. which is provably false.

First of all, they spent very little on advertising. Second of all, you're assuming Alita had an enormous budget, when a lot of it coems from money Cameron made from Avatar. The only thing provably false here is some armchair budget analyst who thinks he knows more about how much a movie's budget then the studio that produced the move themselves.

Attached: 1551733828922.png (267x230, 88K)

they ran a superbowl ad. that means they spent at least 20m on that alone. not sure why your blathering about budget, as that's documented.

Its not on sale yet you bimbo...

>Digital release on the 9th
>BR drops on the 23rd
Would of taken 2 seconds to look that up....

>pre-orders aren't sales
... the point is the top selling bluray is a collection of 10-30 year old chucky movies. released two years ago.

It's also documented with Fox directly stating how much the movie needs to make to not be a flop you fucking retard. Which again, includes advertisements.
Also said commercial was not at half time, which is a fraction as expensive otherwise. A super bowl ad before half-time is not as expensive as you think.
Pre-orders are.

Attached: 1552018826613.png (1200x675, 1.06M)

Why is there still no good torrent for this? I feel like im missing out

Friend, the 350m number was a projection dropped during the first week. projections are often wrong, as that one was. As it was based in the assumption an american film would make more than 85m from america.

Since that guy had no way of knowing the movie would totally flop domestically, he had no way of knowing the actual final break even number.

Furthermore, a 350m break even point would mean they somehow spent zero dollars marketing the movie.

So, really, reel in the cope. The movie flopped and blurays are a hail mary. Also stop attacking people who are on your side.

4K HDR alll the way

Yes I get that its on pre-order, but it is not on sale for purchase now, like most of the rest no that list.

But comparing it to other movie's pre-order numbers/data it is doing the best in category. Because the movie is very popular therfore more people are wanting to pre order it over captain fungus. Don't look at the sales figures until its released and available to order now.

Attached: pre orders.jpg (763x826, 106K)

Soon July 9th

And ye you did, but not seeing it in a theater.

>Friend, the 350m number was a projection dropped during the first week
It wasn't a projection you dumb faggot, it was an official number. Advertisements are planned months in advance, at by the time the movie is released in theaters the budget is finalized.
>Since that guy had no way of knowing the movie would totally flop domestically
>The movie studio that distributed the movie have no clue how much the budget for their movie was or how much it would need to make to not flop
You like going on about coping but I'm not the one blatantly making up fantasy scenarios to fit a viewpoint.

>It wasn't a projection
Yea, it was. It was a prediction of a final number based in variables that he had no way of knowing. Since international yields are lower than domestic, that means any statement before they are tallied is a projection.

Unless you're saying you believe fox executives can see the future, of course.

>for no good reason (vector)
Did you even watch the movie? Vector is the one character who really deserved to be killed. He got off easy by being killed quickly.

I like that more people are buying apollo 11 than are pre-ordering alita.

also that one of the best selling bluray products ever has been chucky movies.

this ranking probably accounts for both pre-sales and actual sales
my post was only pre-sales
once Alita actually releases, it will get a boost as all releases do
it's actually more impressive that it's that high in that ranking when it's not even released yet

vector was a puppet, alita even acknowledges this. Killing him affects king-of-salem-nova in no way, shape, or form.

friend, I posted the actual top sellers to underline the point that bluray sales are fucking garbage across the board if pre-orders can even crack the top ten.

though, sidepoint, its interesting to finally understand the reason they made that god-awful child's play reboot was because of how well that chucky collection sold. Even if it only sold that well because its 7 blurays for $20.

>let's put 90% of effort into the MC Alita that's all a movie needs
the characters and story besides Alita was mediocre at best

yes because there's an actual an Chucky movie releasing today dummy, sales always sore with that kind of event
Alita has seen a number of other blu-ray going over but it's legging out stronger than almost all of them
Chucky will go back to the bottom soon while Alita will remain on top

see

>killing a mid-tier mafioso means nothing because there's a guy higher than him in the hierarchy
Guess who she's coming after in the sequels.

... the point you're still missing is that means bluray sales in general are total garbage.

yes they are
but it still can get you an other 50 million with strong sales or up to 100 with very strong sales, which is more than enough to make Alita comfortably profitable
and that's not accounting for other ancillaries
the fact it's doing better than all the others also marks that there's demand for more and that people liked the movie

ALITA BAD!

Attached: 1557410997081.jpg (243x234, 18K)

the CGI in this movie looks awful

you look awful
BTFO

oof you got me

Well then, you should try looking at the screen when making that judgement.

Attached: motorslam.webm (1124x720, 2.84M)

I pointed out twice >116961276 the site and data are fake and gay. Should I post again that they are fake and gay? Here you go:

FAKE AND GAY

>corporations never lie to cover their asses
ok

>$260 mill marketing
nice figure
pulled that out of his ass I assume?

>using the word gay so many times
Are you a closet homo?

>>mfw Alita will never get a sequel

Attached: good shit.png (312x412, 202K)

It is.
The merch is selling pretty well.
Even the publisher of the Artbook made a statement of how it sold so much that they have shortages and how extremely satisfied they're with Alita.
Same for the blu-rays, fucking Best-buy tweeted about it iirc

Gonna buy 10 BluRays when they are released.

Attached: Alita doubt.png (540x395, 127K)

Not true.
First they said the film would be a 200M flop
Then, after it had a good 1st week, they said the Breaking even point was 300 M
Then, after it was grossing ok, they changed it AGAIN for 350M
Then, after it was close to 360M and Fox insiders said it needed 350-400 M, "experts" said it needed something between 400-450 M.
Now, after the film crossed the 400M barrier, they said the film didn't break even because it needed something around 450-500 M.
It's just bullshit.
Also, the film was a fucking success in China, they even have Alita weddings over there, so there's no way Fox[Disney] won't take advantage of this

>dude alita is totally going to sell 20+ million copies!

>This won't clear 150.

Attached: alita battle angel movie prediction money on TV.png (1302x272, 20K)

the break even point kept increasing because the domestic percent kept dropping, my dimwitted friend.

clear = net
it didn't

Where will Alita climb after the BluRay release date?

Attached: Alita Bluray pre sales 2019.png (740x574, 209K)

Well Pacific rim got a sequel, had a budget bigger than Alita, but had a slightly higher net profits which would level that out.

And the overseas figures being similar to Alita's too, and it defiantly didn't garner a fan bases like Alita's did.

So you can whine,winge or weep all you like but Alita will get a sequel.

have sex

pacific rim getting a sequel is an argument as to why alita won't. As slashed budget sequels are just wastes of money.

whoa my god it might sell more copies than the chucky complete collection!

if not for the alita character herself the movie was shit in all other aspects

she was shit too

Yea Forums BTFO again

Star Wars threads should go to /trash/ then. Those faggots mostly argue about who to blame for their ruined childhoods and lives.

Attached: Death Star trash compactor.jpg (500x386, 91K)

The blu-ray release is getting hyped by Fox on youtube and Twitter, maybe they're positive about the sales?

that's actual discussion, though.

The only time these threads have "discussion" is when someone points out the movie flopped.

>dude they're posting on twitter!

which costs exactly nothing

Not in this case, Pacific Rim's sequel looked trash from the start. Alita on the other hand will not, Cameron wouldn't let someone murder his 20 year old project. And he planned for 3 movies, the movie did better than expected, I will break even/ make a small profit. So why would Cameron not push for a sequel??? And Cameron always gets what he wants, because he made a movie about a boat sinking on time and one about blue cats having sex.

>alita
>not trash

the idiotic googley eyes drove audiences away from this movie and will do the same for any proposed sequel, while at the same time driving the budget for said sequel way up, unless somehow, alita stops being the main character in her own movie.

see ya on page 10

realistically this will only get a direct-to-dvd sequel or some OVA animated sequel ala matrix/batman side projects

They already have sets made up, props, assets for renders. A sequel will be much cheaper than your little brain thinks. Also please have sex in between now and the sequel, thanks!

Attached: pepelita3.png (500x500, 83K)

performance capture. Having the base renders doesn't affect the cost

>the idiotic googley eyes drove audiences away from this movie and will do the same for any proposed sequel, while at the same time driving the budget for said sequel way up, unless somehow, alita stops being the main character in her own movie.
This is true if we talk about the pre-screening scenario.
The audiences loved the film post-screening.

And of course, you base that on the RT audience score, as if it is a representative sample.

I said they got the assets made for the renders. I know they still have to render the movie.