Holy shit this was fucking incredible, how have I not heard of this before

Holy shit this was fucking incredible, how have I not heard of this before

Attached: MV5BMTU4NzA4MDEwNF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMTQxODYzNjM@._V1_.jpg (1382x2048, 1.14M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vHkX4gNuSOI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

haha the windows look like her eyes

I agree best horror tv show I’ve ever seen. Even has kino moments like that tracking shot from the dads point of view where he sees kids go from child size to adult. Also some actually scary shit like Steve sees a ghost and when the mortician sister sees her mom after turning the light off after she’s done working on Nel.

Based

god that scene at the funeral, hell the whole episode was fucking incredible, esp considering the whole thing was done in only a handful of takes.

the books good

>funeral scene
K I N O

The book was unironically one of the scariest horror stories ive ever read

Ending was garbage.

God damn that was some good shit.

The only thing that really bugs me is that the first 3 or 4 episodes are them all going "But what about the night! The night was so bad! Fucking hell, the NIGHT!"

And then it turns out it wasn't really that horrifying, no one really experienced anything except the dad.

I get that the mum dying is obviously horrible and traumatic, but they made it seem like they all saw some truly horrendous spooky shit that just never happened.

I liked it

who hype for season 2? Looks like they're going the anthology route, this time basing the next season on a book called Turn of The Screw by Henry James, which was heavily inspired by Shirley Jackson's book.

Because you live in a cave? The show was hyped to death last year.

>but they made it seem like they all saw some truly horrendous spooky shit that just never happened.

Pretty sure having your mom snap and try to kill you and also having to flee while she kills herself would be truly horrendous and spooky

That floating ghost with the cane scene was awesome.

youtube.com/watch?v=vHkX4gNuSOI

that and this fucked me up

like jesus

What pissed me off is in one family one is a lesbo, one marries a black guy and then the lesbo deals with another black/white couple. Come on! Don't try to force that crap on us just because it's "in" right now.

I want to marry Nel, bros.

I've been saying, best show Netflix has ever put out.

Attached: asdasd.png (1036x1555, 2.05M)

You're just a triggered faggot. Go back to /pol/

oh fuck off with this /pol/ bullshit you faggot

Yeah, except half the kids didn't see any of it, and the kids that did were literally infants who had no idea anything was happening, and the worst they saw was mum acting slightly odd.

The implication from the start was that they all saw some kind of bloodcurdling ghost terror - whereas all they really have is the cognitive and emotional knowledge that their mum died.

I just wish it had been a bit....more.

I hated all the characters except Nell and their father, but I guess that was the point. They were all such cunts and Luke was just pathetic.

$1 has been deposited into your bank account.

bro at a certain point I just stopped giving a fuck. The only way it can be "forced" on me is if im opposed to it or if the plot suffers because of it, and neither of those things happened here. I'm not going to toss a movie in the trash every time a nigger or a faggot pops up on my TV, and honestly if the only people I see depicted in film are white heterosexuals It starts to feel a little forced as well.

>Turn of The Screw by Henry James, which was heavily inspired by Shirley Jackson's book.
You mean the other way around? The Turn of the Screw was written in 1898.

Great spooky soundtrack as well. Using a ton of it for a haunted house session of D&D in a couple weeks

>Hurr durr you don't like it when some faggot whines about muh es jay dubuuyews in unironically every thread on the site? you must be a paid shill

I gave this an honest shot, but the terrible acting put me off the first episode

Does it improve?

was it? shit the article I was reading must have been retarded.

>terrible acting
ok but this was unironically some of the best acting I have ever seen like in anything

Literally stopped watching the show here

Attached: 1487455412212.png (356x256, 200K)

wait did you just not like it? Genuinely curious as to why like not even being sarcastic because that was my favorite point in the entire series

>if the only people I see depicted in film are white heterosexuals It starts to feel a little forced as well.

Yeah maybe if you're from China or Egypt. Apparently these people need representation to enjoy anything, but god forbid anyone normal (yes, normal) is just as closed minded.
Personally I don't give a shit as long as it isn't forced. When every couple is mixed or gay, that's statistically unlikely and obviously forced. I'd rather all families were black or something, there are plenty of black neighbourhoods. That's normal and ticks all the boxes for neo-racists.

this is a really dumb thing to be angry about dude

It was literally, actually written by a redditor.

boring show

>characters go on these long rants, typically crying
>not scary at all

either eat less soi, or go back to plebbit

I watched the first episode and completely hated it, had no desire to watch any more. Unlikeable, unrelatable characters, unnatural dialogue and 2012 creepypasta tier scares. It's laughably bad and for the life of me I can't see why people were able to stomach it. I guess production value is a good cover for bad everything else.

>onions
>le reddit

at least get some new material dude jesus christ, /pol/ has been a symphony of the same dead memes for like 5 years now

>trash tv normie has to pull out the big book of buzzwords to defend his subpar product

desu I adored the show but the first episode was dogshit. If I were you I'd give it a second chance because it really does pick up.

It touched some personal shit, just got too disturbing for me man

Good show but you have to admit some of the acting is pretty bad. Adult Theo and Luke are fucking awful, and adult Shirley is mediocre. The father and Carla Gugino are the best, and all the housekeeper (can't remember his name) scenes are kino

>this is a really dumb thing to be angry about dude
Family has 5 white kids. One kid fails a marriage (because it was the same race). Every other sibling paired with a non-white partner. It is a little forced, but that is Netflix.