CHILD'S PLAY REMAKE SPOILERS

CHILD'S PLAY REMAKE SPOILERS

>At the Kaslan Industries "Buddi" assembly line in Vietnam, a male employee is chastised by his supervisor for insufficient work. In response, the employee uses a computer at his workstation to tamper with the doll he is assembling, disabling all of the safety features. As this particular Buddi is packed alongside others in preparation for international delivery, the employee commits suicide.
>In Chicago, Illinois, Zed-Mart clerk Karen Barclay and her 13 year-old hearing-impaired son Andy are settling into their new apartment, where Karen encourages Andy to make new friends as she works to prepare for his 14th birthday.
>In an attempt to cheer Andy up and make up for the unease caused by the move, as well as the presence of her new boyfriend Shane, Karen bribes one of her work colleagues in order to procure a defective Buddi doll and presents the toy to Andy as an early birthday gift. Once Andy activates the doll, it names itself Chucky and becomes very attached to Andy. As the two bond, Chucky helps Andy befriend two other children in the building - a girl named Falyn and a boy named Pugg - and even frightens Shane on Andy's request.
>However, Chucky begins to display violent tendencies. He strangles the Barclays' pet cat after it scratches Andy, and as Andy and his friends gleefully watch a movie one night, Chucky starts mimicking the violence on the screen, approaching the trio with a kitchen knife before Andy disarms him.

Attached: Child's_Play_(2019_film).jpg (220x326, 24K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jPZ1OfAbGL8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Andy arrives home the next day to find that his cat is dead, and Chucky admits to murdering it so that it wouldn't hurt him anymore. Further antics cause Karen to lock Chucky in a cupboard despite Andy's pleas, but he escapes and further terrorizes Shane, which leads to Shane confronting Andy.
>After overhearing Andy's pleas for Shane to disappear, Chucky follows him home. While Shane is outside taking down Christmas lights, Chucky frightens Shane, causing him to fall off the ladder and break both legs, activates a tiller which runs into his head and delivers his skinned face as a gift, to Andy's horror.
>While Police detective Mike Norris and his partner Willis begin an investigation, Andy, Falyn and Pugg decide to disable Chucky and dispose of him in the garbage. Building voyeur and electrician Gabe intercepts the doll and takes him to the building's basement to prepare him for online sale.
>Now fully repaired, Chucky demonstrates his ability to remotely interface with other Kaslan products and torments Gabe before mutilating him with a table saw. After making his way back to ground level, Chucky ends up in the possession of Mike's son Omar and ultimately proceeds to kill Omar's grandmother Doreen by causing the Kaslan Car she is travelling in to crash, before stabbing her in the chest.

Attached: Childs-Play-Remake-Release-Date-2019-Poster.jpg (798x420, 37K)

>Mike, believing Andy to be the killer, trails the boy to Zed-Mart and apprehends him just as Chucky takes control of the store and starts wreaking havoc, attacking employees and patrons alike with drones and other hacked toys before triggering the building's lockdown sequence. Mike is wounded amid the chaos, and Andy and his friends manage to reach the exit, only for Andy to be lured back in when Chucky reveals that he is holding Karen hostage with plans to kill her. Andy manages to free his mother while under attack from Chucky, before overpowering and defeating the doll with help from Karen and Mike.
>While paramedics tend to Karen and Mike, Andy and the rest of his friends smash Chucky’s lifeless body in a nearby alleyway. In the aftermath of Chucky's killing spree, Kaslan Industries CEO Henry Kaslan provides a disclaimer regarding Chucky's programming, and as more Buddi dolls are shown being recalled and placed into storage, one starts malfunctioning inside its box.

Attached: Childs-Play-Remake-Poster-Toy-Story-4-Parody.jpg (798x420, 19K)

why would a 14 year old kid want a doll?

Attached: 1559840125617.png (399x400, 120K)

Probably he's retarded.

So apparently reddit's new favorite actress aubrey plaza is in this. Is she going to be fingering herself again?

Nah, she's too busy letting herself being fingered by her new boyfriend in this.

Why would a single mother know what to get her disabled son?

i hate that horse face no tits bitch so much

she cant act for shit

Sounds like dumb shit
The "he can control technology" angle is fucking retarded

Apparently she's a bad mom here, nothing to do with the original Karen. Some people say that's because they wanted Karen to be more like Audrey's personality or something like that.

Sounds fun.

this was actually really fun. Not perfect by any means but I really really enjoyed it.

Might piss off some diehard chucky fans though because desu chucky isn't even in the film par the murderous doll angle, its a new design, new character and new backstory. Not a bad thing per say but its absolutely a completely different beast.

Is it true they made Chucky sympathetic? Like he actually just wanted to play and be friends and shit but basically turned bad because of things out of his control? Cause if so that sounds interesting

Honestly I was kind of into the story until that part, he’s chucky not skynet wtf

Sort of yea. I mean he's definitely evil but he's only evil because he loves Andy. He's more made evil by being raised by stupid idiot kids then just being a sadomasochistic serial killer turned spooky doll.

Sounds awful

:(

The Doll is pretty much like Alexa.

Who gives a shit
DOES IT GAVE GOOD JUMPSCARES?

>yandere doll on a killing spree

Still a better movie about toys than Toy Story 4.

Just got back from seeing this dog shit
Hour and 15 minutes of fucking nothing but awful child actors dragging their feet
Chucky is a dumb ai with dumb connections to appliances and a dumb built in camera that apparently anyone with the app can connect to
Fucking snooze fest and s complete waste if time
wouldn't even torrent

He doesn’t. They’ve said in interviews it was something he wanted a year before but at the point of the movie he had outgrown wanting one.

>horror movie in the current year
>good jump scares

Watching this for the plot.
Very onions of you Yea Forums

>not paranormal

Attached: 1490373974833.jpg (1515x1650, 160K)

Honestly I've always thought the muh jump scares was a super pretentious argument for a movie being bad. I mean given cheap shitty jump scares are a shitty way to spook your audience, but honestly they have always given me something palpable to be afraid of, which is a mechanic thats not only unique to the horror genre but allows for immersion and tension building at a level beyond that seen in other genres. A well placed jump scare, used to hammer something legitimately scary in, can be super fucking useful.

Case and point:
youtube.com/watch?v=jPZ1OfAbGL8

I don't follow this series, but weren't people really liking the two new chucky movies? Why remake the first and start over?

I liked the new one but honestly fuck the way it was made. They fucked over Don Mancini so hard to make this movie, a person who's put nothing but passion and new imaginative ideas into both his films and the genre

The trailer for this movie made it seem like the doll used wifi to control shit around the house.
Do they ever just unplug their router and make him useless?

Sounds kinda generic and shit.

OG Chucky universe > this garbage

No
I didnt go for the plot I went for chucky and got a home alone 3 tier stranger things with an evil alexa

She's not bad at all tho