I'm feeling sad bros. Sad about the state of the internet. What happened to the soul of early YouTube...

I'm feeling sad bros. Sad about the state of the internet. What happened to the soul of early YouTube? What happened to that glorious early 2000s era of the internet where everyone was genuine? Not genuine in who they were but who they wanted to be? Vlogs weren't people trying to get monetized for being cool and going to cool places. It was diary entries of boring mundane things; people reaching out into the ether to connect with strangers. Articles on random shitty websites were just the inane interests of some suburban dweller talking about his favorite nobodies in sports, war, television, and beyond.

I used to follow dozens of random blogspots and vloggers, back when RSS feeds were still a thing. One by one, real people stopped appearing on the internet, replaced by fake faces approaching their 'viewerbases' with fake enthusiasm and fake interests. The reach of professionalism and peer pressure has permeated across the web. The idea that your real friends know what you do online. The notion that future employers will know your political standings and how you act on social media. There is no raw free expression of self unbound by any of that anymore, not in person, not online, anywhere.

Attached: xlTIyEN.jpg (2560x1440, 267K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-Zu3Vj8SToQ
theregister.co.uk/2017/07/25/flash_nahuh_internets_screen_door_gone_for_good_by_2020/
youtube.com/watch?v=nxpSCnh6NwM
youtube.com/user/apetor
youtube.com/watch?v=B9dSYgd5Elk
youtube.com/watch?v=A965P6eLLkU
youtu.be/YTPuTxalalo
youtube.com/watch?v=oVME_l4IwII
youtube.com/watch?v=T4zCtDMlTns
youtube.com/watch?v=z97qLNXeAMQ
waterfordwhispersnews.com/2018/01/16/sorry-but-we-accidentally-ended-the-world-in-2012-admits-cern-scientists/
youtu.be/VfNdps0daF8
youtube.com/watch?v=FvL-WGcoBis
youtube.com/watch?v=Vt0U9jgTKd4
youtube.com/watch?v=OYa5aQb3YGE
youtube.com/watch?v=rvYZRskNV3w
youtube.com/watch?v=sdnJxDmJNmA
youtube.com/watch?v=ggB33d0BLcY
youtube.com/watch?v=7TaJCw4HMNk
youtube.com/watch?v=9JnH4M8mlZA
youtube.com/watch?v=WGooQ8yYC0c
youtube.com/channel/UCzR-rom72PHN9Zg7RML9EbA
youtube.com/watch?v=TKfS5zVfGBc
youtube.com/watch?v=c_H3MWVx6JU
youtube.com/watch?v=BJk6gZuPKRE
youtube.com/watch?v=04F4xlWSFh0
youtube.com/watch?v=FDYIdBZUl2Y
youtube.com/watch?v=wCF3ywukQYA
youtube.com/watch?v=_RFH7C3vkK4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

OP is a faggot

It became popular and therefore flooded with every moron on the planet. Before it only had a few morons and wasn't worth taking advantage of, but now no matter how retarded your money making scheme is, there's someone even dumber out there that will fall for it.
If you ever find something niche that you like pray to god it never becomes mainstream and turn people away from it by being an elitist. People will say you're an asshole but if you throw them a bone they'll ruin it.

comsume, nigga.

This is you OP

youtube.com/watch?v=-Zu3Vj8SToQ

Meh youtubes algorithm is good. I very rarely see this shit and it still feels like old youtube to me. Given my account is from 2006. Sometimes i get signed out or go to someone elses and i see how fake it all is.

Especially hanging out with children and watching the toy channels and, one my friends kids like, Dantdm and that sort of shit. She’s a little girl who doesn’t even play videogames. Why the fuck is she interested.

Funniest to me is Boogie2988. From wow addicted Yea Forumstard to getting on like a fucking shellcracking politician in less than a decade.

This guys channel is literally everything wrong with modern YouTube and the internet in general

Attached: yougotme.jpg (1324x631, 190K)

>music was less developed

Zoomer shit who listens to Kanye West confirmed.

>remember when anyone who wasn't a WHITE MALE

Fucking libtard weibo piece of shit.

Cracked.com is a perfect summation of the death of "genuine" internet stuff. It was a site that had dumb list articles well before buzzfeed but they were written by randos that just wanted to talk about stuff they were genuinely interested in. Then you had stuff like "post your funniest caption!" on dumb images. It was pure. It was dumb, kinda cringy, but fun.

Now fucking look at it

triggered seething nostalgiacucks

t. 16 year old whose only exposure to the internet is through "ironic" content creators

I am 28 years old (1991). Go cry some more for the le good ol' times, and if you were born a generation before that you would cry again how the period you currently praise is dogshit and how the 80s were the good ol' times and repeat the cycle for every braindead nostalgiacuck ever born.

It's quite simply the gender difference. Women spend more money than men, and are more likely to actually buy something because of advertising.

Cracked was written mostly by men and their user base were men. At the time, women had far less interest in the internet. They had articles about "badass" stuff and made light of women's issues. When BuzzFeed came along using an identical model but focused on women, and in a more mobile friendly platform, their advertising revenue allowed them to expand massively. Cracked tried to copy it and it devolved into "top 5 reasons gamers should be castrated."

A great example of the difference is that between myself and my wife. I read news articles, send messages to people I know, and very occasionally make anonymous comments on a forum dedicated to Finish cartoons. When I buy something I ask a knowledgeable friend for advice and make a decision once I can finance it. Other expenses are on alcohol. My wife, by contest, gets her news from Facebook and actively likes / shares these stories. She will click on ads that interest her and will even order things from it. She buys clothing she sees showcased in Instagram or other female media. She is a far better "consumer" then me.

as if there's anything wrong with listening to kanye west. just end your life already dumb boomer

except nothing being discussed is a generational issue? It was literally a period of the internet before its boom in popularity and access. It was CLEARLY a different era of the internet.

>you will NEVER go back to the mid 2000s flash games era

Attached: pepe_sad.png (658x662, 59K)

>every cool flash game or mod is not instead released as an app filled with ads and microtransactions
it's astounding that something like Auto Chess can come out in this day and age, it's really no wonder that it swept like a storm being so reminiscent of old WC3 mods

Ironically enough this video highlights everything that is wrong these days. Ironic, detached and vapid millennials, I love how at the start of the video he points out the fact that people were "less self-aware" as if that's a bad thing. Yeah, the current post-modern deluxe ultra 2020 world we live in sure is better than genuine people that sometimes made themselves look stupid with their sincerity.

You can play all of those games right now, I'm sure you haven't played even 25% of them.

You're 28 years old and you follow the likes of YouTubers like Jesus fuck man, that's really sad

i dont care about any of this but this guy is a huge obnoxious faggot

>dude if you link a video you must ofcourse have a Youtube account and be subscribed to that same channel checking out every single one of their videos lmao
zoomers are braindead

/pol/ and shitposting took over.
Trolls pushed the Nazi Trump thing.
Dumb kids took it seriously.
Now its no longer contained.

>tfw 90-2010 was the golden age of the internet
>literally the wild west
>could do everything
>could say everything without some libcuck getting triggered

I want to go back

Attached: 1552694504917.png (960x891, 483K)

you brought it up as an attack on OP, you clearly think the guy in the video is right or even has a point so I don't give a shit if you subscribe or whatever, you think that content is actually good which is embarrassing

yeah yeah go cry some more about windows movie maker youtube videos and dial-up Internet

I'm pretty sure that those games are no longer supported or they won't be by the end of the year.

you keep on bringing up the technology of the generation as if that's what people are referring to. Yeah, i'm sure when someone says "you know, I just really like 80s synthpop more than modern synthpop", they actually mean never being able to use their phone to play music and not the unique contextual sound of that era.

>flash will suddenly stop existing
How dumb are you? You can go play them at miniclip whenever you want.

theregister.co.uk/2017/07/25/flash_nahuh_internets_screen_door_gone_for_good_by_2020/

peak zoomer

Oof, we are solidly in nu-Yea Forums territory

kek

Attached: 1553582819881.png (765x213, 29K)

>Oof
yes, apparently we are

Now you suddenly make this a le taste thing. OP said Youtube as a whole was great back then, "the glorious early 2000s ear", I say 90% of it was atrocious windows movie maker videos with the same exact 96kbps garbage trance music playing and shitty after effects reels or cringy pre annoying orange type of youtube "celebrities" who just screeched about bacon being great or whatnot

it wasnt just about "playing the games" you retarded zoomer it was the whole era and the culture around it

>Oof
>we
yikes x2

Normies happened

>vanilla wow pvp video's can't be kin-

youtube.com/watch?v=nxpSCnh6NwM

Attached: healing potion.jpg (480x360, 9K)

>90%
it doesnt matter if 99% of it was garbage, I don't want """quality""" professional content like Bon Appetit or 'Watch a professional break down these TWENTY FIVE film scenes'

It's all generic sterile mush being fed through YouTube

Full blown uncut YIKES

Attached: memberberries.png (311x513, 205K)

OMG remember old YouTube, so based keeenoo!!!!

Attached: 1555307713765.png (454x520, 13K)

Trannies ruined everything

Attached: 1560636519743.jpg (2540x1211, 370K)

Try to search for anything beyond the generic front page videos. Your argument is the same as someone complaining how mainstream Hollywood blockbusters are not good and therefore all of film is not good.

eep eep
youtube.com/user/apetor

Attached: apetor.jpg (720x404, 82K)

While you're absolutely right there's no turning back and no point dwelling on the past. Just go to the current normie-free space and enjoy it while it last

>muh youtube
fuck you.

reaction images like these only further support OP

the only places left on the internet that hasn't been overrun by normalniggers are on tor

It's not just hatred for "normies", because I liked normal people on the internet. It's a hatred for all these people putting on a personality. You can't be just somebody on the internet now. Your entire identity is linked to your online presence and that obviously changes how you act.

If you're edgy, obviously it's ironic. If you're being a bit too silly, it's ironic. Do you like dumb cartoons and shitty television shows? Irony! No one can just fucking be themselves.

Yea Forums has something to do about it.

Attached: 2007_2.png (493x651, 137K)

Thats just modern ((values)) and not new to the precious 2010 generation at all.

I didn't realise how much Yea Forums was keeping me sane until this place became completely invaded by the lowest common denominators. between 2008-2013/14. this place was the only place in my entire life where I felt a genuine connection with other people and could actually relate to others. without that cathartic release I'm now completely lost. mindlessly refreshing and browsing through threads of words that mean nothing to me. perspectives that you'd get from anyone off the street. I can't tell what's ironic or not anymore. there's no humour for the sake of humour. no detached bemused perception of the world. no nuggets of wisdom. no comraderie. it's just noise now. like amplified and overdriven static on a tv

>nothing is made with soul anymore, every hobby is invaded and destroyed

Attached: 1560276278737.jpg (706x990, 96K)

Yea Forums was lost the day the "lurk more" reply was replaced with "go back"

that fucking vocal fry

Attached: images.png (293x172, 9K)

Old internet was shit. Stop looking at it through nostalgia. The humour was cringe. Website design was generally shitty. Low quality videos everywhere.

NO IT WAS ACTUALLY REALLY GOOD THEY WERE ALL FULL OF SOUL AND GREAT PLEASE DON'T SHATTER MY VIEW OF MY CHILDHOOD PLEASE IT WAS ACTUALLY THE BEST TIME EVER

>this place was the only place in my entire life where I felt a genuine connection with other people
You got problems bro

So basically you are a pedo?

It wouldn’t be so bad if you guys didn’t make your hobbies the cornerstone of your identity. Try creating something of your own instead, it’s gratifying.

YEAH bruh das fyucjubg wack duude haha chek dis twitta meem broo

WINRAR YOU WIN 10 INTERNETS SIR POSTING IN EPIC BREAD

Attached: Longcat.jpg (300x542, 28K)

can I has a cheeseburger xDDD

>The humour was cringe
the cringe movement was the beginning of the end, the day people started making fun of sincere enjoyment of things

Just to get a quick count, reply to this with whether or not you think Yea Forums is actually better today than it was five years ago.

Not better, not really worse - just different I guess

hey I was one of those edgy 12 year olds

Attached: Capture.png (373x386, 407K)

High quality videos ruined the internet. How have you completely missed the point of this thread?

>allowing your wife on the Internet
>allowing your wife on social media
Retard

post irony ruined everything

I was here at the very beginning. I was on Something Awful before Yea Forums began at all. It's always been shit and from the very beginning people have been complaining and claiming it was better at some point in the past. Hope you liked my story.

the batch of people who came here in the time frame you mentioned are still infinitely better than the post-Fappening bunch who discovered this place through twitter or some zoomtuber.

>getting cucked by instagram ads

Irony poisoning is fatal, sorry user.

Attached: SmartSelect_20190621-074524_Gallery.jpg (1038x704, 350K)

Those things still exist on the internet, you're just going to the most popular sites which have people all trying to make money.

Nice bait.

it's strange that places like wizchan are still as dead as they were 5 years ago. I thought there would be some massive exodus to other sites from permaneets and aspies by now

God I remember going around my friends house while he played these gay stupid videos all day.

Great times.

Something Awful was fucking horrendous. I'm pretty sure they are the first website I can remember that went full SJW before SJW was even a thing. They were ahead of the censorship curve, they were far ahead of the power drunk admin curve. What an awful place, truly.

Even searching has been gelded by pushing popular content in front of everyone else. You have to have some serious brain damage thinking that current youtube is worth anything.

t. autismo that's content with his sonic fanfics

I deleted system32 because of /g/ in 2007. Nobody knows this except you.

Someone actually did an objective analysis(well, as objective as you can get) of modern music versus older music by analyzing things like harmonical complexity and timbre by looking at frequency spectrums and lyrical complexity with an algorithm that approximates the reading level needed to understand a given text. The results were unsurprising, music really has deteriorated. Everything on radio really does "all sound the same".

My favorite thing about old internet was that it felt mysterious and endless. Like outer space. You never knew what you were going to stumble upon. You could sit around all night searching random stuff in the browser bar ending with .com or .org and you could go to school the next day and tell your friends and they would tell you sites they found.

You really felt like you were exploring the world. The internet felt like it was made by the people for the people. No longer were you being told what to watch and like (TV). You could browse what you liked and made people more individualistic. It felt like a secret club that normies didn't know about. People who didn't belong could belong. Chat rooms were incredible. The terrible and cringy flash games and movies were unique and were way different than what we were forced to watch on TV.

Well never have that level of uncesensored unsupervised fun again

Attached: IMG_0205.png (1873x306, 52K)

>Everything on radio
who gives a fuck

Never mentioned gay chan. Only started using it around 2010

>remember when women didn't have rights that was great
This but unironically

Attached: 1539768168908.jpg (640x640, 79K)

YEAH IT'S OVERWHELMING

BUT WHAT ELSE CAN WE DO

GET JOBS IN OFFICES AND WAKE UP FOR THE MORNING COMMUTE

youtube.com/watch?v=B9dSYgd5Elk

>It's always been shit and from the very beginning people have been complaining and claiming it was better at some point in the past
Yet you can't claim with a straight face the internet hasn't become extremely corporate this last decade or two. It's this consolidation of power on the internet into the hands of a couple of titans that's honestly the biggest problem. Internet culture becoming more tame and sanitized isn't even the biggest problem, there's other, much more unsettling phenomena that come with it, ubiquitous spying being the most obvious one.
What's popular will creep its way elsewhere. What they play at bars, which artists headline the music festivals you attend, what makes it into movie soundtracks, what your normie friends will want to play while you're over. You can't really escape popular music even if you don't even personally own a radio.

Popular music (or any media really) was always dogshit when compared to actual music.
Yeah popular music of a certain time is better than popular music of a different time, but that's like comparing capeshit with capeshit instead of just watching films.

Who cares about shitty mainstream bars. Who cares about dogshit big name festivals. Who cares about pop culture Hollywood blockbusters.

28 years old? Man, you are cucked beyond belief. Thank god your genes are already in terminal state.

I miss shitty .avi DVDrips and low quality mp3s

Attached: Screen-Shot-2018-10-22-at-1.47.58-PM.png (374x548, 340K)

One of the bars in my town had this jukebox machine that would allow you to build a sort of "playlist" by feeding it coins and then selecting the songs, which it would then play in succession. Once, when I'd had enough booze for the evening, I emptied my wallet of the coins that had accumulated and put Aqua's "Barbie Girl" to play ~10 times on repeat and then promptly left. I'm pretty sure the barkeep must've just pulled the plug off the machine after the first couple of times it played.

boomers on suicide watch

balloonshop, now THAT was a youtube channel

Attached: bm.jpg (550x545, 31K)

just TAKE a tomato

I bet you can be happy again if you fully disconnected from the internet

I literally have nothing outside of the computer screen

Stuff with soul is probably still being made
It's just that we'll never find it

Attached: Anger.jpg (400x350, 30K)

I think that supports his advice

That's the point
You'd eventually turn out to be semi normal if you freed yourself from this addiction.

how so? I was a mega autist as a kid before I had a computer. literally just used to stare out the window for hours a day imagining myself catching pokemon

And you think exiling yourself to a virtual world helped?

DFW was too pure for this shithole

lol seething fags

Attached: 1500261171872.jpg (599x416, 23K)

Web 2.0 happened and it is terrible.

>2010

>that one goblin boss in the deadmines
what was his name again?

Zoomers in a nutshell. Technology is making life dull.

The internet in general is dogshit now, it’s affected Yea Forums massively but it’s a trickle down from the wider sphere. Even Twitter was good at the beginning, you could say what you want and have a laugh, it died around 2013/14 when this weird zoomer internet full of irony and identity politics blew up. They pretend to be kind and supportive but they’re the snarkiest bunch of cunts I’ve ever witnessed, just like Reddit users, they love to suck the shrivelled dick of an overweight tranny and God forbid you say anything that doesn’t fit in with their fake leftism but they’ve no problem with posting a picture of someone doing anything slightly weird or looking different, then they’re find with humiliating them to the entire world.

Does it sorta crack anyone else up that modern YouTube has basically become a front for fetishists? The comments on channels featuring girls are always sneaky "challenges" to get them to show their feet or gag themselves or whatever, and tiny channels that feature that stuff get huge numbers of views. I don't even know how they coordinate or are able to get away with it. But it's fascinating.

Attached: 1561092265260.jpg (600x1067, 115K)

>when the internet gets so bad you try to become a normie instead

It's actually true. The internet has been absolutely defiled by normalfags and there's no solace to be found here anymore. It's disgusting. I've found myself going outside more, heading into nature because normalfags aren't interested in that. I've also been reading a lot the past few months.

Ive taken up lifting. If im gonna be a normalnigger then i might as well shoot to mog most people. Got a long way to go.

What happened is soooo many homo ass fags are trying to find any purpose in life when they have none besides the fact they like DICK

Youtube is not a little niche website anymore. Its mega business and a place for everyone to make a quick buck with bullshit. Remove payment for clicks and things would return to normal.

Attached: 947C0DF0-BEFB-40E0-AC2F-1877E03752F0.jpg (716x576, 106K)

shit sucks man

Attached: amy.png (624x581, 72K)

d'you think she knows why her views were blowing up?

Attached: asmrher.png (1118x668, 662K)

Youtubers were always cancerous. Just think of smosh, fred, nigahiga, shane dawson and early early pewdiepie. It was all terrible if you look back at it. Even back in the mid to late 2000s when I was in high school, I could tell it was cringy shit. Same with the videos that went viral like evolution of dance, chocolate rain and the sneezing panda to name a few. It was all soulless garbage just like it is now. The popular content on the front page was shit but there were also lesser known youtubers. Look hard enough and you'll still find them.

boomers are finished

holy fucking cringe

>be basement dweller
>normies shit up your internet
>go outside, lift, enjoy nature while normies become glued to their phones and laptops like you once were
Life is a comedy.

very nice soon the gimp mask

If a youtuber whines about not being paid as if YT is obligated to do it then you know they're in for the money instead of passion.

I'm willing to bet money that the person who made this was born after 1999. YouTube was comfy as fuck 10 years ago. Censorship was minimal and the atheist-Christian debates were amazing. YouTube wasn't as much of a corporate machine as it is now.

youtube.com/watch?v=A965P6eLLkU

What The fuck

>youtube
>the videos recommended on the page used to be related to the video you just watched
>now they are just videos you have recently watched

I hate this.

This. I miss the Christian/atheist YouTube drama so much. Vlogs were a lot more fun too.

I was born in '93 and youtube was always shit dude. Although I do miss that every channel was a profile where you could post comments.

Zoomercide now

based

All that pops up in my recommendations now are shitty video essays by wannabe film critics, Jordan Peterson lectures and thinly-veiled ASMR porn. Where did it all go so wrong?

Attached: twinslicking.webm (1280x720, 517K)

It wasn't. YouTube drama was top-tier.

you know this was kind of predictable, people would eventually figure out the system and learn how to game it and make soulless calculated content that earns millions of dollars

what i enjoyed about youtube 6+ years ago was how offensive you were allowed to be. everyone was calling each other a faggot and shit. my favorite thing was youtube poops in 2007/8/9 and they would use the n word so liberally. i don't see popular edited content using the n word for lols. rape jokes are not allowed anymore either

God has a cruel sense of humor.

tech was seen as only for autists and spergs when it was more complicated, and had less practical day to day application in the real world. When tech become way more easy to handle, and mostly became about attention whoring, virtue signaling, sharing angled shots of your anus, and "Me, an intellectual," posting on plebbit and kikebook, then the normies flooded, and starting going on about how they, "FUCKING LOVE SCIENCE."

Only friendless faggots care about online drama

nu-Yea Forums has won. plebbit is sacking us. Eternal Summer.
Its over.

And yet here you are.

>all those ranting autists who disappeared off the face of the earth

The ultimate goal, which is well under way and more than half way finished, is to wall garden the entire populace to 10-15 sites, and make those sites as politically correct and restricted as television, or at a corporate meeting. Probably 90% of people only go to 5-10 sites, virtually their entire life. The modern world, this kind of stuff is not done by strict enforcement. But by massive coercion and suggestion. One method of that is this pseudo social credit system in the west. Tell people, and have people see you go on any other sites, but these 15-20, preferably select 5-10, and you will be ostracized as an extremist or creep. It is coming. Power is centralizing, and knowledge is centralizing. Facebook is even starting their own currency in prediction of global depression, people will prefer to use their social credit backed money, instead of gold backed or fiat backed.
You could have prevented this.

Attached: 1560484811673.gif (400x300, 1.93M)

the internet literally lets you order a different cock sleeve every single night via tinder not everyone elses fault you wasted your youth and are now an ugly, fat, bitter faggot lmfao

>'member back when you could say nigger on the internet
top kek, based and agreed, this our generations 'call a spade a spade'

its sad but zoomers might quite literally not realize how ramped up the culture war escalated after 2013/2014. Its not even close. It ramped up probably 2000% or something. Part of it was probably sites like buzzkike and what not finding out they could monetize hateclicks.

imagine being a literal 12 year old and clicking that think you were going to see fortnite boobies
also
>that overt incest fetish
mindgeek bring incest to the zoomers on jewtube i see

They're used to it. They grew up in a society perpetually at war, after 9/11.

Really everything went to shit when people started getting paid to make fucking youtube videos.
Went from people passing their time or working on jokes to people trying to make a career out of it.
Adpocolypse proved that everyone on youtube was a fucking sell out.

smartphones destroyed the internet. they took it away from nerds and gave it to normies. easy access is the reason normies started to spend so much time on the internet, before they were too busy fucking stacys and chads to sit on the computer looking for memes

apandah is infinitely better at YouTube shitposting.

Attached: apandah.jpg (288x288, 10K)

Attached: Cracked Gets Cucked.jpg (1280x1542, 606K)

nice boobs

Yeah, I feel kinda bad when content creators start to set up Patreon accounts and guilt tripping people into donating. Pretty weird to see how something that started as a hobby has turned into a profession for so many.

Does Dragon Quest still work?

christ. that was just a 4 year gap too

I would bet this fucker wasn't actually around on early YT. Nobody like this can recall the joy of finding gay shit like this and rewatching it over and over:
youtu.be/YTPuTxalalo

Did you copy this somewhere?
I'm pretty sure I've read this exact same piece of text somewhere else already.
Doesn't change that it's true though.

I know exactly what you mean, OP. And it's only going to get worse. The internet is becoming more corporate, more sanitized, less freely expressive, etc.

Attached: soul vs soulless.png (2200x874, 1.49M)

Youtube started gradually going downhill once they got rid of the star rating system.

You guys ever noticed that Youtube search barely even works? It's impossible to find old kino videos now.

I may have written something almost exactly like that at one point. I can't remember though. It was probably about a video like this
youtube.com/watch?v=oVME_l4IwII
Found it with a quick google search though, I can't swear to its veracity. There's many like it

fuck off to Yea Forums with this trash

I really feel for you OP. I really do.

The world stopped being good and genuine somewhere around 2010

>remember browsing ED incessantly in 2009 to make myself seem as non-newfaggy as possible when I first discovered Yea Forums
>now people just barge into this site with no tact or poise because they want a safe place to say nigger before returning to reddit

>vagina
>deep vagina
>anal
>deep anal
>stop
Masturbating doesn't feel the same anymore.

Remember that CERN experiment where they were trying to recreate the Big Bang underground? Try googling it, there’s no record. The world was meant to end in 2012, CERN knew this and sent us into an alternate universe with that bang, that’s why after 2012 when the world was supposed to end, increasingly weird things have been happening and why the internet and culture is so fucked up.

irony is fucking cancer, go kys

We're actually dead and in Hell.

Close, but no. December 2012 was the beginning of a new cosmic age. CERN and their masters have known that for a long time, and so they've been laboring to warp the foundation of the new age. They want to corrupt and defile every aspect of the human experience, because that will shape the universe itself into the world they desire. In order to restructure the universe, you have to break it down first.

Those people all grew up and left the Internet to have jobs and kids.

Now you're left with people in their teens and twenties who are heavily into influencer culture and want to be the next big thing.

Anyone real is out there living their life and giving no fucks.

2007 was peak gaming as well

Attached: Screenshot_1.png (1173x219, 375K)

the trouble is that the algorithms fucking suck dick and have gotten much worse

there is still a lot of weird and wonderful stuff around, it is just almost impossible to find

my recent favorite:

youtube.com/watch?v=T4zCtDMlTns

((()))

>ctrl-f
>"cell phones"
>0 results
cell phones are what killed the internet, OP. before then getting on the internet at least required some amount of money investment and technical proficiency, but now you just buy a phone (which everyone has) and launch the app.

I love this guy.

This.
And I actually think that there's more quality content on youtube now, just as there's more shit.

You can find literally everything. People talking about books, music, films, making all sorts of devices and gadgets. Plenty of chemists, physicists, computer scientists, historians, mathematicians and biologists explaining interesting things. Just start watching quality content and youtube will suggest quality content back to you.

That's just nostalgia man.

Soul is gone because there's too much content, so people aren't bored anymore. True soul comes from when people are so bored they make stupid youtube movies, images and comics.
Not when everything is monetized and people have to make it for a living.

Fpbp tbqhwu

Normalfags are all over Yea Forums, it's amazing how long it took me to figure that out. Derogatory memes like incel and have sex are evidence of this.
You can't tell if a have sex shitposter is a neet or a normalfag.

You guys realize that this all happened because when Obama took office he worked on getting control of the internet by funding leftist websites and massive astroturfing/comment control on every major website. Notice now that the internet is mostly left leaning they no longer talk about freedom of speech and infact it's regarding as archaic now. He paid for this through alleged arts funding

Well said

Also the financial incentive actually helps bringing qualified people to make content.

Yeah it's funny to me how few people realize this.

Music less developed? What does that even mean?

>Paying to monitor comments on sites instead of straight up owning them.
>Pretending le daily show watching anti bush libtard net didn't exist.
yikes

>all written by straight white men
I hate betacels, orbiting women isn't going to get you sex

t. white boy

>the last thousand years were bad partly because fags couldn't get married
Of all the things you could shit on the past for, that's not one that forces its way into my mind.

Attached: baby need leafy.jpg (242x228, 17K)

I wish we could go back to the World Wide Web Consortium and people like Tim Burners Lee who actually cared about protecting freedom of speech on the internet rather than corrupt politicians and leftists.

Well said

Where is this space?

I still remember when social justice started to completely take over the internet around 2010. It's amazing to me that people weren't talking about racism, sexism and homophobia constantly before 2010. It's almost unbelievable.

we're already seeing nostalgia for the 2000s.

youtube.com/watch?v=z97qLNXeAMQ

That was cancer even back then

You have to realize how much content you have consumed since that time. The early days of the Internet showed many different aspects of humanity but eventually you consume it all and nothing is new anymore

this is awful

HAHAHA

yaa tsi tsup ari dik ari dull an dik ari dill an dits tan dool
la dippyduppy dull la roop uttyroopy la goorigan goook aya gittygangool

Attached: L.gif (352x240, 227K)

Even if you search the exact title of the video it wont show up in results

This is why there are no more haunted houses, everyone is borning without a soul, you are all walking talking debt.
zoomers are npcs.

>early 2000s
cancer like youtube didn't even exist back then, you demented zoomer

Nah you schizo retards. CERN is a cult of wannabe black magicians. They don't do shit except burn money on psychedelics and giant glorified blenders. The Big Bang never happened, black holes are not real, and the theory of relativity is a Jewish scam. All post-Newtonian physics including CERN is just a money laundering scheme for angry rich betas to fulfill their god complexes

How did this happen? It feels orchestrated and not genuine at all

nothing. you people just like to complain.

Attached: 1528877666813.jpg (811x501, 175K)

>MAKING MONEY IS BAD AND SOULLESS

it's amazing how easy it is to tell british women by their fucked up faces

soul: doing things and getting money for it
soulless: doing things only to get money

FPBP fuck off crybaby

That's why I believe the whole social justice phase of the internet and social culture online will not last forever, we will reach a tipping point where the average person will become more and more extreme in their political views resulting in separate versions of the internet like we now see with China and there own regulations. What we have now is simply not sustainable.

plenty of other nations are just as easy for me; indians, japanese, chinese, americans (fat and old before their time) and eskimos

it will be very sustainable once you genetic dead ends are out of the gene pool for good, I wouldn't worry about these things if I were you

so true so true
waterfordwhispersnews.com/2018/01/16/sorry-but-we-accidentally-ended-the-world-in-2012-admits-cern-scientists/

same applies to you considering everyone that browses this website is a mistake of nature

>remember browsing ED to learn the culture
>referred to ED when I saw memes I didn’t understand
>lurked for years before even posting
>even when I did post it was vague responses to threads and it took me a long time to even make a thread
Now I feel like it doesn’t even matter anymore. I’ve dove headfirst into some boards just because it’s inherently obvious there’s no real “norm” there for me to be understanding of.

I don't even know what I'm interested in, because to start finding good channels/videos pretty much requires you to look for yourself in the beginning.

Yea Forums now is full of reddit browsing normies who come here to make fun of neets by posting have sex and incel everywhere
reminder that if you're a neet and post these memes you're making fun of yourself stupid

Have sex is an Yea Forums meme

Attached: BEB47B5B-F898-4423-AE87-8703CC9718FA.jpg (518x710, 87K)

doesn't matter how it originated, normies use it now in a derogatory manner

There was all kind of shit that went viral in 2012 and 2013, like Kony 2012, the twerking Vine, and much more, and political activists realized how sensitive to internet trends and the peer pressure of likes, RTs, and upvotes people aged 16-25 were. Tumblr legit started to go crazy by 2013, and it quickly spread to Twitter, Reddit, and YouTube within less than 2 years.

It’s weird to think that only a few years ago Tumblr was a byword for this weird idpol bullshit. Now it’s everywhere and it’s so commonplace everywhere that it doesn’t even shock me anymore.

Nah man, 2008-2010 Yea Forums was legend status

at this point if you aren't clickbaiting there is no point in making videos, people used to complain about this but its become the norm

you cant even really say nigger any more here, I literally got banned for it once, FUCK NIGGERS AND FUCK ADVERTISERS

>browsing with backlink only to some holy grail website is shit that would not show up in search results otherwise.
Yea Forums was one of those at one time.

why has this thread turned into paranoid /x/ tier schizo posting

Worst video I've ever watched on all my time on the internet. Chinese people getting sucked into machines is less cringe worthy than this peak contrarian shit.

Based

Something that gives me a chuckle when I see a thumbnail with some sexual tones to it is to look at the difference in views between that and every other non-sexual video.

Just go and look at smaller twitch channels.

You know that Yea Forums had always full of weirdos and that includes trannies? Did you actually believe that Yea Forums has always been some christian site?

I thought the screaming while playing Roblox thing was an ironic meme, but it seems like all the kiddies just can't talk into microphones.

>You will not post any of the following outside of Yea Forums: Trolls, flames, racism, off-topic replies, uncalled for catchphrases, macro image replies, indecipherable text (example: "lol u tk him 2da bar|?"), anthropomorphic ("furry") or grotesque ("guro") images, post number GETs ("dubs"), or loli/shota pornography.
That rule has been a thing since forever and only way to get banned for saying a nigger if it is low quality like just spamming a word nigger.

Capitalism makes pretty much any service shittier over time, as the developers are forced to constantly change things around to exceed profit margins every single year.

It's ironic because capitalism is what also allows those things to exist in the first place. Basically greed allows great things to be created and then greed also runs that good into the ground until it's not good anymore, then moves on to something else.

This dude is 100% right, seething Yea Forumscucks

>as the developers are forced to constantly change things around to exceed profit margins every single year.
That's only if the corporation is publicly held.

>thinking traps ruined Yea Forums
Fucking stormfags man

Excellent post. Sadly you are 100% correct.

youtu.be/VfNdps0daF8

youtube always sucked

He's a dumb nigger with a massive ego problem that you're enabling. That's problem #1. Problem #2 is that he can't even carry a fucking tune and his instrumentals are average at best - no, sampling some Blues artist from the 50s is not revolutionary, you fucking twat. Problem #3 is that he's an industry plant; he's clearly more the product of aggressive marketing than his of talent. You only like him because you're told to like him.

>Everything on radio
There has never been a point in history where pop music was as high quality as music that was existed below the mainstream threshold.

"Y-youtube w-wasn't g-great you b-boomer!!! ;__;"
t. zoomie zoomer

*Ahem*
youtube.com/watch?v=FvL-WGcoBis
Fuck Zoomers
youtube.com/watch?v=Vt0U9jgTKd4
Fuck Millenials
youtube.com/watch?v=OYa5aQb3YGE
Fuck Google
youtube.com/watch?v=rvYZRskNV3w
Fuck Computer illiterate mongoloid kids
youtube.com/watch?v=sdnJxDmJNmA
FUCK MODERN INTERNET IN GENERAL
youtube.com/watch?v=ggB33d0BLcY
Fuck Facebook
youtube.com/watch?v=7TaJCw4HMNk
Seriously fuck these gay depression loving zoomers, go be emos if you love it so much you faggots.
youtube.com/watch?v=9JnH4M8mlZA
I WANNA GO BACK
youtube.com/watch?v=WGooQ8yYC0c

Attached: 0cc.jpg (633x640, 51K)

Fuck off

>unironically
Not a real word. Yes, I know what you mean by it, but it's an unnecessary conjunction. Start using "in earnest"
>in earnest
>2. (of a person) sincere and serious in intention.

Kys unironically

I felt like it was only me. You put into words something I've felt keenly since 2015. Something started going wrong.

I miss Stunbleupon since it would allow me to find new websites.

Don't pretend you didn't love it.
When I get stoned I try and seek out those garbage type videos for nostalgia. It's getting harder and harder to find good content tho.

>Naruto Linkin Park AMVs

Attached: 5687658485.jpg (700x467, 28K)

it became communist propaganda machine and a safe haven for pedophiles

damn

post a neat channel you find recently
youtube.com/channel/UCzR-rom72PHN9Zg7RML9EbA

PBS Eons, a channel about geology and paleontology. Neat 5-12 minute videos about prehistorical Earth. No agenda, no political slant, just neat videos hosted by a bunch of different people who are obviously passionate and knowledgeable about their subject matter.

Tumblr started to shut down their porn shit. The containment zone was breached, and they flooded out into the rest of the internet. A warning as to what would ever happen if this place was gone.

Kys, in earnest*

YouTube was LATE 2000s, not early. By the time it came out the Zoomer kid culture and Web 2.0 cancer were already underway. Try 1995-2004 for the real soulful internet.

>They pretend to be kind and supportive but they’re the snarkiest bunch of cunts I’ve ever witnessed, just like Reddit users, they love to suck the shrivelled dick of an overweight tranny and God forbid you say anything that doesn’t fit in with their fake leftism but they’ve no problem with posting a picture of someone doing anything slightly weird or looking different, then they’re find with humiliating them to the entire world.
So true. So true.

>before SJW was even a thing.
SJW was a thing since centuries ago. You mean the phenomenon that appeared in the internet and/or your country (USA maybe?) in recent years.

>Zoomers are already having nostalgia for fucking 2008-2013
I distinctly remember people used to rant on that era as being the era where everything went to shit

That's the shameless apologist take on it
>hehe some things sounded similar before so it's okay that we butcher music and just pretend it's business as usual
It didn't address any of the critical points.

THESE WERE THE DAYS YOU ZOOMERS WILL NEVER EXPERIENCE.

OLD YOUTUBE WAS A PLACE OF MAGIC WHEN THEY HAD THE SUGGESTION BAR. AND DOWNVOTES ACTUALLY MATTERED.

NOW WE ALL ARE PROGRAMMED INTO FINDING THE NEW KIKE SPONSORED PROGRAMMING THAT THEY WANT US TO WATCH.

FUUUUUUUUCK!!!

Irony is the cancer killing the internet for sure. So many cowards scared of being mocked that they have to hide every opinion or observation behinds a dozen layers of sarcasm

I was 20 when in 2007. Then I found you Yea Forums(nel).

habeeb it.

>MAKING MONEY IS BAD AND SOULLESS
Making money is not good per se. Money is a means to do something.

Finally, someone with a brain.

This is exactly what caused soiface. I’m sure it started on Tumblr with pretty boys and thots making a more morose version of it trying to look bored / ugly and it seemed to morph into what we have now.

I miss the days when people though the internet would make us the producers instead of the consumers and not just use it as a tool to market consuming media.

If you grew up with Youtube you're a zoomer born in the late 90s

i made it about 20 seconds before i couldn't take any more

I’m a zoomer but i have an older brother and my parents had me young so i can relate to much more millennial stuff than zoomer

>DUDE THERE'S MORE ADVANCED TECHNOLOGY WHICH MEANS EVERYTHING'S BETTER!!!

>ywn go back to 2007 Youtube, when you could literally just click recommended videos sidebar and go down an endless rabbithole until you ended up at some completely random person's hidden gem with 800 views

Attached: oran.jpg (600x600, 42K)

SWRON

>You know that Yea Forums had always full of weirdos and that includes trannies? Did you actually believe that Yea Forums has always been some christian site?
Exactly. I got here in december 2003 googling "futanari".
Back then most of them had no balls, now everything went to shit.

Hei JP

I didn't grow up with youtube you fucking braindead idiot.

I was saying the old youtube was the best, I was simply stating that millenials appreciated old youtube. unlike your zoomer friends.

Holy shit, fucking based!

Attached: 1459825830711.jpg (634x717, 103K)

Money, what else

I remember when the reply videos were linked below the main video, then there were replies to replies etc. Good shit.

This video is flawed on a multitude of levels. Especially when he implies that the present is better due to have more freedom of choice when in reality one of modern society's biggest issues is the illusion of choice.

Attached: 1560290648923.png (347x306, 223K)

It's called botting op. Most of the people you are speaking to online aren't actually people.

Once again, I am based and redpilled

Attached: 7948579_123497240543.jpg (250x333, 17K)

Old youtube music

youtube.com/watch?v=TKfS5zVfGBc
youtube.com/watch?v=c_H3MWVx6JU
youtube.com/watch?v=BJk6gZuPKRE
youtube.com/watch?v=04F4xlWSFh0

>MW2, Monster Energy and Aaron Ross BMX edits
youtube.com/watch?v=FDYIdBZUl2Y

youtube.com/watch?v=wCF3ywukQYA

SHOES...

Still kino comedy.

Attached: 1558292235006.jpg (230x223, 13K)

Unironically the cultural takeover of Social Justice and Feminism has destroyed everything good

>music was less developed
This comment pisses me off the most. I'd much rather listen to a Baroque concerto or an old jazz piece than nigger mumble rap or post-indie-drone-neo-folk music with literally two chords and no harmonic structure. If anything, people need to look back to the past and study music theory more rather than just slamming on the nearest guitar or keyboard and calling it "artsy".

Attached: 1549934618153.jpg (1280x720, 127K)

If we weren't such a failure of a board we could share barely known channels with nice content in a youtube general

youtube.com/watch?v=_RFH7C3vkK4
I was exposed to internet randomness for the first time through MySpace and Photobucket way back when.

Attached: 1258412.gif (340x240, 1.15M)

Has anyone else noticed that Wikipedia articles seem to be getting shorter and less detailed?

Social justice took over because it was entrenched in the university system, there was a fight about it in the 90s, but it goes back to the Red Decade.

In any event, they pushed these values into the minds of the educated class, and in particular the influential classes of people. From journalism and other media jobs, as well as HR and teachers, they’re able to make progressivism seem to be the widely accepted norm, and eventually everyone just caves since you seem surrounded by it.

Analysis of the frequency of their jargon in news articles reveales that social justice accelerated after Obama’s reelection. That is to say, white liberals became more concerned about racism after a nigger won re-election despite less than ideal conditions, proving the anti-racist bonafides of the majority of the country. It was with victory having been established that they started to push, and that’s part of the reason why it’s only going to get worse. All of the institutions of cultural production are under their control, and success only emboldens them.

And don’t think that the Internet will fix this. Every important website outside of Yea Forums is run by spineless progressive techies living in places like Silicon Valley.

Unless the progressive left is kicked out of their positions of influence in the school, universities, news organizations, tv broadcasters and movie producers, they’re just going to keep pushing, finding some new insanity to impose.

Conservatives have been losing the culture war for decades for their very reason. The majority of people were conservatives, but they were not in control of the institutions of culture and information that shaped their children’s minds, and so they lost in the long run, in spite of the fact that shitlibs have never had as many kids as religious people.

Cringe.

absolutely worse, same goes for the internet as a whole. Gamergate and the election truly fucked everything over and turned everyone into politically obsessed monsters. Meme culture went from YTMND and longcat to fucking pepes wojaks and beyond irony poisoned mass shooter worship.

Stop being a centrist bitch, have convictions you cocksucking faggot

Overcuration led to overexploitation of the curation, and now everything is tailored to invisible standards. You don't notice the standard is there, but your brain does.

>6+ years ago
zoomer detected. Youtube has been under heavy scrutiny for its censorship since like 2010.

fucking based one of the best songs ever

i'm 26

I don't know if its nostalgia, or anything else you want to call it, but I can't shake the feeling that the whole world, not only the internet, went full retard after 9/11
It's like the turning point. Everything after that went to shit.
The funny part? I'm not even american.

It was already heading that way for a while but 9/11 accelerated it.

They’ve turned another corner just recently. I follow a lot of whores on there and bikini hauls have screeched to a halt in the last month or so. Buttcheek is suddenly verboten and they won’t even use the word “bikini” in the title now. A channel that had nude models for life drawing just got killed a few days ago. They’d been around forever and had posted hundreds of videos without a problem. To make matters worse it seems like the non-titty hobby channels I follow are posting much less often.

That's what happens when you try to be relevant instead of dying as a one-hit wonder

this pretty much sums it up for me

I lowkey wanna be an emo teenager in 2006