EVA REDUB CONFIRMED SHIT

>new voices bare little to no effort in conveying emotion and line delivery + actors are unfamiliar with the script
>new dub is very similar to the original dub for A.I.C.O. -Incarnation- in terms of overall quality
>Shinji's voiced by an actual tranny..............I'm serious
>Rei's voice is barely audible
>Asuka now voiced by some Irish singer bitch whose voice is literal cancer + the attempts at speaking German are completely terrible compared to Tiffany Grant's performance
>Gendo = Noctis
>Misato = Casca
>script has massive modifications compared to the ADV dub; lines fall into the "woke" category and bring up race and gender far more than the Japanese script + a less-than-subtle "LONG MAN BAD" reference
>numerous subtitle misspellings
>EoE removes the original "fuck" lines from the original Manga Entertainment dub
>audio levels are skewed in numerous scenes
>mistakes in the use of terminology, pronunciation, and characters addressing each other
>NO FLY ME TO THE MOON
Aside from the that, at least the original Japanese dub is intact and available for switching to, but this was a completely unnecessary, low effort millennial-tier dub that somehow turned out to be even worse than the original ADV dub and the Funimation dubs for the Rebuild films. Netflix is cancer to anime. Somewhere, Anno's rolling in his grave.

Attached: 1561100835797.png (1440x1080, 192K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=AfoFmT9uX-E
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

sweetie, u can't post Evangelion threads at the moment
Maybe after a week

Mixer: Richard (((Shapiro)))
I knew it was the jews. I bet this is ben's fault.

>script has massive modifications compared to the ADV dub; lines fall into the "woke" category and bring up race and gender far more than the Japanese script + a less-than-subtle "LONG MAN BAD" reference
cmon this cant be real

NO FLY ME TO THE MOON??????

>NO FLY ME TO THE MOON
Would this be because they couldn't get the rights?
In which case, how could a multi multi billion company not get the rights??
Did they replace it with a hip hop track?

Jews ruining sound since Rick Rubin.

so you be sain it got pozzed? did you expect anything else from cuckflix?

>>script has massive modifications compared to the ADV dub; lines fall into the "woke" category and bring up race and gender far more than the Japanese script + a less-than-subtle "LONG MAN BAD" reference

it's a lie, right? right?

so it is if it appears to you or you'd like.

Any episodes in particular where this happens?

>lines fall into the "woke" category and bring up race and gender far more than the Japanese script + a less-than-subtle "LONG MAN BAD" reference
Tranny shit is bad, but I'm calling bullshit on this one until I see proof. Where do you even put woke lines in fucking Eva?

Attached: 1474209176860.jpg (450x600, 49K)

proof or none of this happened

Why dubs when you can get subs.

americans don't want to read when they want to watch

Shinji is awful, Rei and Asuka are passable and the rest of the cast sounds better than the original ADV dub. The new Misato isn't as good as the original but she's the best choice they could have gone with out of all current active english VAs and she sounds decent too.

FFXV was an irredeemable pile of shite but I’m at least happy to see that Ray Chase is getting more work.

Attached: 905DC5E5-3BEB-4070-8794-8DC9654E8E14.jpg (225x225, 11K)

You work for Netflix don't you?

I've been watching some scenes just now and the voices aren't THAT bad. Even though Shinji being voiced by a tranny is a shame, he still sounds like a dweeb and it isn't absolutely terrible. Asuka is fine too but her German is fucking awful. Just as bad the attempts of the original Japanese voice actress and that is saying something. Misato and Rei do sound bad.

>During the 4th of July weekend of Anime-Expo 2015 during the TOME Finale Panel, Mongillo came out as a transgender woman.[1][2][3][4] They continued to follow this up by posting LGBTQ related vlogs on their YouTube channel.[1][5] Casey enlisted in the USAF as of August 2017, but was rejected due to the trans military ban.[6]

>In early 2019, Casey posted describing themselves as "this weird non binary alien nerd".[7]

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Attached: EA3AA7E2-5EC7-4FD8-AEA1-E490E9FE9D74.jpg (210x240, 17K)

Just watch the fucking subs you idiots. The original japanese VAs are insanely good.

>Netflix ruins classic anime
This is a weekly occurrence at this point

Are the subtitles any good, or are they just a transcription of the dub?

If I did I wouldn't have cast some awful tranny as Shinji, I would've got his old VA or someone else who can play whiny anime teenager.

can't comment on the overall translation quality, but they aren't dubtitles for sure.

>If I did I wouldn't have cast some awful tranny as Shinji
Yeah you would have, since only SJW shitheads get hired at Netflix.

wherever you fucking want to.
if your audience is only viewing the english dub, they're not going to know any better are they?

what's even the point of watching eva if you aren't listening to shinji's japanese VA screaming like a fucking bloodcurdling psycho

>Somewhere, Anno's rolling in his grave.
...he's not dead yet.

This just made the berserk recast look good I am not kidding

>EVA REDUB CONFIRMED SHIT
Like there was any doubt.
Everyone knew it was going to be shit.

Netflix is a cancer.

This is a precursor to Netflix's live action Eva remake. Mark my words, this is testing the waters.

I bought this shit on dvd ages ago why would I bother watching a butchered version on some tranny streaming service?

If Anno ever discovers making Rei a black tranny in a life action pisses the fans, you know he will. He probably said to remove fly me to the moon.

Streaming in Japan
Has Fly Me to the Moon
I guess getting Nuked Twice aint so bad

Why Are You Capitalizing The Beginning of Every Word?

Don't give them the idea you bastard

Autism.

Did they actually remove the I'm so fucked up scene from EoE?

Anybody able to show what Episode 16 looks like?
The original print was lost so all the remasters of this episode look inconsistent with the other episodes.
I want to compare how Netflix treated it, to some other releases

Lmao who gives a shit, just learn to fucking read you ADHD 90s kiddies

>reading
lol what are you a boomer

Most people who will watch the dub will do so out of curiosity, nearly everyone has seen eva by now
People that havent probably won't
Also the internet exists so people can call out Netflix if that happens
tldr I call bait on your shit until I see proof

>thinking jewflix give a fuck what "the internet" says
they will be clapped along by all the clickbait blogsites, they'll be just fine

Good, now I can watch my blu-ray rip in peace.

Also, Misato is best girl

Attached: misato bath.jpg (1536x1536, 428K)

Anime dubs always suck. It just doesn't work in any other language but Japanese.
Even "good" dubs are pure cringe, every time.

unless they literally edit the mouth flaps to match actually well written natural dialogue, a dub is always going to be shit because they are writing to the animation instead of animating to the writing.

Need someone to confirm if BALONEY PONY is still in

>writing to the animation instead of animating to the writing.
....the fuck does that even mean?

>what is lip sync

Attached: 1529011951381.jpg (250x227, 8K)

animation has timing and animators have to animate mouth flaps(and other movements) to match the script, which is written beforehand. an english dub takes the animation already complete and puts words over it. the result is not natural conversation, because the timing of mouth flaps can't be changed. nigger

Would be ironic now Shinji's VA wants to cut his off

Nobody cares, you stupid weaboos

Taking instrumentality to a whole new level

>nigger
Yes. You are.

Attached: 1020.jpg (225x225, 10K)

They had like half a year to do this. Fucking netflix ruining everything as usual.

oh no you didn't

Attached: 1550106434388.png (768x768, 152K)

I genuinely can't believe they got rid of Fly Me to the Moon. Don't do this to me OP

Did they keep the line?

Attached: shinji.jpg (480x360, 11K)

WEEEEE I CAN'T READ WEEEEEEEE MOMMY MY SHIT IS RUNNY WEEEEEE

The scene is in there uncensored but the new dialogue is "I'm the lowest of the low"

BRAVO ANNO

I hope the va took a good look at himself and realized it was true while saying that

That is fucked up.

>FRY ME TO THE MOOWN!!

Attached: 2elco48.jpg (300x206, 6K)

The English anime dubbing industry if full of woke people that like to inject their politics into the transl.. I mean "localization" of anime and anime style video games.

The original Japanese audio is still there, right? Just watch subs, you have no excuse now.

Attached: rei pathetic.jpg (720x528, 34K)

Janny will never delete this because they realized teevee will thrash Yea Forums with tranny hate spam

No one would ever say this. It was way more natural to say something like "I'm so fucked up". Sure the Japanese might transliterate to "I'm the lowest", but that sounds dumb as fuck in English. Why is everyone so incompetent.

Yea Forums's already dong that job after a load of rangebans yesterday

To put it bluntly, Japanese voices don't translate well to American audiences. Everyone either sounds squeaky or like they want to eat your heart out with a spoon.

The clickbait sites are all dying because people are fed up with their shit and Obama's money ran out.

People who say this know that the very act of saying it proves them wrong, right?

Didn't think some people would go this far to deface it
>Tranny
>Woke politic in rewritten dialogues
>Misspelling
>Fly me to the moon
Fucking hell

> blu-ray
Did you import it from Japan as a ludicrous price

Why are you even acknowledging this? You should have downloaded the BR rips ages ago.

The lack of fly me to the moon is the most depressing to me, and I can only imagine that it's been cut out due to a licensing issue. I haven't seen any of the wokepolitic stuff yet, but I'm only on the first episode. That sounds pretty awful. I don't particularly care that Shinji is voiced by a tranny, thoguh; he unironically sounds more like a 14 year old boy in this one.

Also, Misato, Gendo, Ritsuko, and Fuyutsuki all sound better. I'm ready to cringe at Asuka's botched German, though. Thanks for the heads up. Ugh.

Also, all of the extras and minor characters whose names I can't recall off of the top of my head sound way better. It's an overall more professional presentation.

blu-ray "rip", user

the normies are gonna love this

Attached: E0DE238B-8BD7-4C30-9782-61184AD54E42.jpg (2048x2048, 503K)

Also, most of the characters pronounce NERV as if it's spelled "Nierv", which is kind of annoying

All part of Anno's master plan.

4.0: COMING IN 2025

>Netflix
>Streaming
>Dubs

Attached: plebbit.jpg (600x600, 54K)

>watching the dub when the original has Megumi Hayashibara and Kotono Mitsuishi in it

>watching dubs
>ever

OK i just skipped to the asuka episode and her voice actually sounds perfectly fine. also, looked around a little bit and disney apparently has had licensing to fly me to the moon since its original writer (Bart Howard) died in '04, so I can see how that would be a nightmare to acquire.

I'M SO FUCKED UP

What is it with Jews and luxurious items-related surnames?

>EoE removes the original "fuck" lines from the original Manga Entertainment dub
100% improvement. How can anyone be nostalgic for Manga Ent.? Fucking hell.

mmmmmmh
I wish they would actually release one tho

THE MOUSE WINS AGAIN

Attached: face hands.png (509x619, 8K)

>shinji tries peeking at asuka putting her suit on
>hey that's a form of rape you know!
Wtf

Fucking mouse nigger fucking everyone with their copyright law even when they didn't create the copyrighted material

>Shinji's voiced by an actual tranny.
That is utter bullshit. So stupid. They cast someone way too masculine for the role then.

Attached: 1543689156182 (1).jpg (181x215, 11K)

Bayonetta got it, I’m sure netflix could have too

>NO FLY ME TO THE MOON
FUCK EVERYTHING

Attached: 1543680689948.jpg (1024x640, 33K)

AHAHAHA
Netflix also redubbed other languages, I wonder if they fucked so badly too

Attached: 1559548432198.jpg (639x960, 71K)

Imagine being this assblasted about the most overrated anime in history.
Then imagine showing the world you don’t know the difference between ‘bare’ and ‘bear’.

Lol yeah imagine actually being passionate about something haha

>No taste weebs get to experience a shitty nuDub like I did with Akira

90's dub with Leonardo > 2001 dub (but the 2001 dub is still decent overall)

Attached: Akira.jpg (650x833, 53K)

Oh look, another Netflix shill.
Imagine pretending not to care...but then responding to comments about how much you don't care.
The most obvious mark of a shill

Are there people that have seen NGE at this point...?

I assume you meant "haven't", and I haven't.

Are subs alright? Only retarded Americans watch dubs.

I mean, maybe, but Netflix operates at a loss, which isn't surprising for a streaming service, so I don't know.

I'm willing the bet the subs are just a transcription of the nu-dubs.

>please pay attention to me

Walt.. what?

Mexicans are even worse than americans, they worship their dubs ans claim they are better yhan the originals

>OMG DA SIMPSONS IS BASED IN MEXICAN

Yeah I don't think so, spic. I'm sure it's good for what it is, but no

>Misato, Gendo, Ritsuko, and Fuyutsuki all sound better
Misato's raspy voice in the first English dub was hot

Reminds me of the dub for maid dragons bringing up the patriarchy for no reason.

DiCaprio?

I just checked myself and the subs seem to differ from the English dub, they're more elaborate.
For example here the lady (I haven't seen it yet so I dunno the characters) says:
>Okay, ready?
but as you can see the subs are different. Right after that we get subs that say "One, two!", but the character doesn't actually say anything in the English dub.

Attached: Screenshot_1.png (1286x962, 2.07M)

>Unidendified object maintaining advance to headquarters.
is what the dub says in this scene.

Attached: Screenshot_2.png (1289x954, 3.27M)

If I were the guy in charge of this at netcucks I would've just released the original jap audio along with the original dub, maybe if boss said we needed something "new" to release I'd have additionally made a joke dub a la Ghost Stories.

golly gee what a huge surprise. who could have possibly seen this coming?

The turtle ya fuckin' zoomer simp

>We now have visual. Routing image to main monitors.

the list goes on

Attached: Screenshot_3.png (1286x962, 2.79M)

are they even promoting it? I had to seaerch for it and it gives different movies with no real guide to follow
normies won't even notice it besides it being some kid's robot show

Why do dubs often change the wording of a line so much?

god i remember that. they can't fucking stop them selves can they

wait. really?

Japanese keyboard

1) to fit mouth flaps, this usually means cramming in extra filler words to stretch the timing out
2) to force their agenda into media as subliminal brainwashing see and

Literal translation is impossible. Even something as basic as "Boku wa gakusei desu" translated literally would be "I student am." You can transfer Japanese a bunch of different ways, some of which will sound more natural in English than others. You also have the issue of one sentence in a language having more/fewer syllables than another, cultural references, colloquialisms that don't work in another language, etc.

>NO FLY ME TO THE MOON??????
cant be real

I see. I'll just stick to subs unless I really like the dub's cast.

Attached: 1561115973816.jpg (1589x2038, 1004K)

>getting triggered at an anime for women
lmao

Attached: 1540077737541.webm (1280x720, 2.16M)

Maid Dragon is definitely not for women

I'm a tranny and I think this sounds bad. Don't forget the original VA for Meowth was trans.

There has never been a good translation of NGE, let alone a good dub. Definitely one to watch subbed.

There's a decent frame by frame fan-restored version out there on most torrents.

They just replaced it with Rei's theme.

Then why is such a large percentage of the audience women?

Attached: 1540078931940.webm (1280x720, 1.64M)

Cute feet
Cute digits

Attached: misato.jpg (752x1063, 86K)

It wouldn’t matter, Evangelion aired on adult swim aired eva like a decade ago and advertised it and it still failed in ratings

addendum I just remembered adult swim used to share their nelson ratings in one of their bumpers

women like gay shit, dragon maid is about a lesbian relationship. it maybe for girls but its better than it has any right to be, excellent show if you dont watch the pozzed dub

Still no FmttM
Not that it matters, just torrent the og nippon blurays or buy them even

>it maybe for girls
Thanks for admitting you were wrong, dipshit-chan.

Attached: 1540081572057.webm (1280x720, 2.78M)

different person mate.

I used to think like you. But now I understand you are supposed find that Shinji aspect of your native language. I found that in mine.

absolutely basedlad

Attached: 1560616926871.jpg (1920x1080, 245K)

Did they at least keep __baloney pony__

Attached: 1542744824252.jpg (792x844, 138K)

I'm taking webm requests - if anyone has any favourite scenes

Attached: Neon Genesis Evangelion - 1x17 - Rei cleaning.webm (1440x1080, 2.13M)

Have you never watched a dub before?
The script is paraphrased in order to better sync with the lip movements and/or timing of the scene.
It generally takes a longer time to say a phrase in nip than it would in english, so it has to be padded out.
But mostly they try to maintain as much accuracy as possible while matching the lip movements.

>Have you never watched a dub before?
Not since I was a kid, no. I'm not retarded.

>not retarded
yet retarded just enough that you couldn't figure this out.

yes can you please make a webm of the scene where asuka ties up shinji and wraps twenty layers of duct tape around his mouth thanks

why don't you figure out this *unzips*

Then why did you need help understanding basic shit? I almost never watch dubs and even I know that.

How about that scene where Shinji doesn't act like a little bitch? Oh wait It doesn't exist.

>Imagine pretending not to care
Imagine being so fucking stupid that you see things that aren’t there.

should of added
>Misato voiced by a man with a deep baritone
>penpen has a pruple wig and granny glasses on at all times
>all kaji scenes cut for hate speech / sexism
>gendo gets #metood
>epilogue has auka voiceover saying shinji was arrested for jerking of

He jacks off all over Asuka, who on Yea Forums would have the balls to do that?

I prefer to watch anime the way the Japanese do.
Dubbed in my native language without text on the screen I have to read.
Too bad so many English dubs suck and watching the Japanese dub with subtitles is better.

The story of Eva is about a kid learning to accept responsibility and adulthood to gain meaning in his life. Did this message get completely overhauled too considering the SJWs only want to continue being immature children who run to safe spaces instead of realizing that life is unfair and full of tragedy?

>I'm a tranny
What’s it going to be? Noose, pills, razor blade in the bathtub, or a gun in your mouth? I’m guessing you’ll probably go for the pills.

>without text on the screen I have to read
are you a person of colour by any chance?

I being pale white from staying indoors out of sunlight a colour?

>The story of Eva is about a kid learning to accept responsibility and adulthood to gain meaning in his life.
Which is hilarious since most of Yea Forums are people who hate themselves and are into Eva for the superficial elements like tits.

I'm not even a tranny and even I know pills hardly ever work. Been thinking about hanging myself lately though, but I know that can go south and not work too. Especially the slow asphyxiation hanging like Robin Williams. You don't even snap your neck that way.

nah but being a fatherless negro who is incapable of reading and watching simultaneously is

some misato titty scenes

>Shinji's voiced by an actual tranny..............I'm serious
AHAHAHAHAA I TOLD YOU THAT THIS IS WHAT WOULD HAPPEN

Yea Forums has ALWAYS wanted shinji to be a discord tranny like them which is exactly why they've planted a fucking tranny that sounds like a cool wine aunt into it

>REEEEEEEE SPIKE DOESN'T SOUND LIKE A QT TRAP WAAAAAAAH

Attached: d3a0097e2d48b51a7ef951721dde2d071543523054_full.png (640x360, 260K)

THERMAL EXPANSION

Attached: 1396143955245.jpg (704x480, 42K)

But the tranny literally sounds like more of a 14 year old boy than Spike. Yes, though, he is obviously an attention whore faggot.

Why'd they redub it anyway? I thought the original dub was well liked. I mean obviously not by turbo weebs but they don't like any dub, those geeks even shit on the Cowboy Bepop dub.

If decent dub, always better than a sub.

Because they needed to redo the audio but also wanted to cast new people

A lot of licensing issues, I'm assuming.

2.0 ending is Chad shinji. Sadly he doesn't keep his bravado in 3.0

Because normies. Now the masses are going to be exposed to a bastardized interpretation of the source material that shits all over the meaning of the original.

>Just one zipper between Shinji and Asuka's expanded tits
STICKY FINGERS

Attached: 1c2.jpg (1280x720, 150K)

Sub 70 iq opinion

Not really. The blanket "Sub is always better than dub" opinion is a cringe 13 year-old tier opinion that's mostly a relic from the 90s-00s when most dubs actually sucked. The majority are done by professional studios, now, so your edgy middle schooler opinion is stupid and outdated.

>a dub is bad

wow I never would've been able to anticipate this course of events

Sub 60 IQ opinion

you got it

Attached: Neon Genesis Evangelion - 1x02 - The Beast [1080p][x265][bk].webm (720x576, 2.95M)

Nope.

no even modern professional dubs are still shit because they're forced to fit mouth flaps and force in extra words making it feel bloated. not to mention woke shit creeping in. you're still sub 70 iq

imagine being this thick

what a gay

Attached: Neon Genesis Evangelion - 1x10 - Magma Diver [1080p][x265][bk].webm (1080x720, 2.64M)

>watching literally anything dubbed

Attached: 1544023320488.png (120x120, 11K)

I've watched the eva dubs also with the subtitles turned on on VLC media player and the voice actors literally communicate exactly what you would have read in the sub, albeit in a different amount of words.

Why would you say that? Everyone on here is shitting on the tranny VA in the new dub lol

>watching a kids' show

And no, before any of you soiboi cuck weebs start with the 'muh deep philosophy'. No. It's a cartoon, for kids. Children. Little ones. You can tell by the way the protagonists are al 14, which is the TARGET AUDIENCE. Hellooooo? Did you miss the memo? Granted, there are "mature" anime like Berserk, but Evangelion is really a "kid-mature" show at best. Stop watching children shows. Stop getting angry over children shows. Start having sex.

Attached: h9809gkozu7z.jpg (680x779, 72K)

this dub or the old one?

basedlad

Attached: 1396163312341.jpg (305x377, 14K)

>2019
>Watching subs

Attached: bb4.jpg (3185x1348, 1.47M)

I don't hate Japanese voices in general, but I hate Grandma Goku so much.

Old one. I obviously don't have this one on VLC. The new dub is hardly different. Most of the changes I've noticed have been minute as to not change the meaning of literally anyone's lines fundamentally. There is apparently a cringy comment from Misato on rape, though.

Well good thing this isn't funimation.

>funimation
who fucking cares

>The majority are done by professional studios, now
Still bottom of the barrel VAs, if they were pulling Mark Hamill and John Dimaggio on the regular you'd have a point, also the side character voices in dubs of any era are inevitably 100x as screechy and distracting as any jap voice

yeah its netflix

he's black

Yeah it's worse

Do you have proof?

Jannies do your "job"

It is tho

Do you have proof?

Zoomers watch anime dubs on one screen while they're watching a youtuber on another and playing a phone game.

>Because they needed to redo the audio
Why?

>netflix

So you don't. This will be the last response you get from me.

Attached: Sjw+comp+not+an+argument+edition+another+sjw+comp+i_463705_5986508.jpg (598x792, 108K)

100% true

Sub only fags are literally retarded and think we still livein the 90s. Nearly every big budget anime gets a good english voice cast these days

I mean christ

All of watanabe
ghost in the shell
Afro samurai
Nichijou has a great dub too
Gurren and kill la kill
Naruto bleach and one piece
Yugioh
Jojo

All of these have perfectably acceptable dubs

there are no retard nobody english voice actors ruining major productions anymore.

Dubfags are literally to dumb to read subtitles. They actually read word for word instead of reading the whole text with a glance.

There's less than 5 dubs that could possibly be considered equal or superior to the nip VAs, and the best one is Ghost Stories. Sub really is always better than dub. If films by Mizoguchi, Ozu, and Kurosawa can't get English dubs to compete with the original, how do you expect anime to get decent English dubs?

Why would they remove a thread about a film and tv series?

>being a retard

Sorry i dont like to direct my attention away from the cool drawings, the stuff i actually want to see

I agree
*too dumb

This is now standard in recent US dubs.

Wait, is the german dub also redone?

Okay, what is unironically funny about this is the fact that you are literally multitasking by looking at both the text and the video. That is literally what your mind is doing. The ability to multi-task is not positively correlated with IQ. People who are smarter than average actually generally have issues with multitasking.

Are they adding End Of Evangelion as well? Otherwise who gives a shit

See
I can keep going too

We dont live in the fucking early 90s anymore, known and high budget anime get good dubs

So is anyone going to post these "woke" scenes from the Netflix version?

>Casey Mongillo
>In early 2019, Casey posted describing themselves as "this weird non binary alien nerd"
ayy lmao

They voiced sho in mob psycho and did fine

Okay, but is it really standard? I've seen two examples so far: this and that dragon maid show mentioned ITT.

Well, then you will be thrilled to hear that VICE media recently got 250 000 000 dollars injection, unironically the courtesy of uncle George.

too problematic, it's a 90s dub after all

Yes and they replaced "I'm so fucked up" with "I'm the lowest of the low". That should give you an idea of the general level of quality we're dealing with.

>All of watanabe
Wrong
>ghost in the shell
Very wrong
>Afro samurai
Shit show, still wrong
>Nichijou has a great dub too
Worse than the original, but one I'm willing to accept is decent
>Gurren and kill la kill
Wrong
>Naruto bleach and one piece
>Yugioh
>Jojo
All shit and you're probaby still wrong

>Ghost Stories
Kino taste user

nothing wrong with the ghost dubs

Even if your bullshit list were true(and it really isn't)
>We dont live in the fucking early 90s anymore, known and high budget anime get good dubs
Then how come Eva got a shit dub in current year?

What was the original Japanese line? Not translated, the actual Japanese.

>good dubs
They dont exist

>LONG MAN BAD

who is long man?

>I can't read and watch at the same time
>I'm smarter than you

Attached: 1546385174515.jpg (250x250, 11K)

Watashi wa hentai daze

>>NO FLY ME TO THE MOON
What is the new ending song?

No because there aren't any. Other than hiring a tranny to voice one of the characters there's nothing 'agenda' driven about the dub. Even the gay subtext with Kaworu is toned down compared to previous releases

How's the subtitles? They do their own translation?

gettin' jiggy with it

sounds like evangelifags got exactly what they deserve.

Attached: 73c8e095-0d12-484f-ae41-f8a26cf41834-1020x612.jpg (300x180, 8K)

there is none. its muted and removed.

amvhelljigglypuff.avi

But, your mind is literally not reading and watching at the same time, as that is actually an impossible task for your brain to perform. What you are doing is multi-tasking and, ironically, the only thing multi-tasking is positively correlated with is being a woman

Saite da, ore te.
They could have jsut translated it as "I'm the worst". Gets the message across and is something a person might actually say without it sounding retarded

youtube.com/watch?v=AfoFmT9uX-E

No, it plays a song from the Eva OST which's name escapes me, but it plays in the first episode. I don't know why you're not hearing any music, but I am.

So the original subs were the shit one then. Thanks.

Fans of eva wont be watching the dub retard.

They? Its a single person you moron

One of Rei's themes.
That's not the worst part. The instrumental covers of it that play during the misato/kaji park scene and when misato finds out he died and cries are gone too.

>your mind is literally not reading and watching at the same time
It literally is, you big dummy. If you can't read with your peripheral vision you are a brainlet.

Singular they you imbecile.

>literally
>literally
>literally
tits or gtfo

But you still have to LIVE WITH IT

Attached: sheev.jpg (1280x720, 37K)

I dont care. Dubs are shit nothing new.

Anomaly, my point is that having slme weird bias from the get go doesnt make sense when the majority do pretty faithful translations and get talented people to act

It is quite literally impossible to fully process a block of text while also fully processing the visuals. What your mind is doing when you read subs is subtly multi-tasking, and you are not noticing it, because your attention snaps back to the text in under a second, but I can assure you that it is quite literally an impossible task to preform to both fully process an image and read a block of text at the same time.

Cowboy bebop you lose

Overrated as fuck. Its decent.

>I can't do something, therefore no one else can either

Let's be honest, people who defend SJW shit in anime always claim 'Most of the changes I've noticed have been minute as to not change the meaning of literally anyone's lines fundamentally'. Fundamentally in particular is a weasel-word, as unless it's being used in the scientific sense, it's basically open to wide interpretation.

I dont get it, do you think a language barrier is immersive or something? All of those dubs are totally fine

>brainlets coping mechanism

Looks like Funimation's CEO was RIGHT about Netflix not being able to handle Evangelion properly. I tried to bring this news MONTHS ago but everyone on on multiple boards was like:

"Nah...fuck Funimation. Netflix is a business. If they want to throw truckloads of cash to take away Evangelion and outbid every other Anime dubbing studio, then let 'em. It's just business bruh. Funimation sucks. Cry moar Funimation."

ALL OF YOU WHO WERE SUCKING NETFLIX'S COCK SHOULD APOLOGIZE NOW.

Attached: FUNIMATION CALLED IT.png (1679x1427, 1.56M)

Black Lagoon dub was better than original.

>totally fine
They range from extremely average to really bad.
How fucking old are you dub defenders?

user, if your brain is capable of actually doing this, you should donate your body to science. I can assure you that what you are performing is a well-known concept colloquially referred to as "multi-tasking".

Man, that sucks. Did they replace it with another song in those scenes too?

Mauler the youtuber who did the 9 hour last jedi YouTube analysis. long man bad is also a meme on his podcast where they dissect vids and generally go for over 6 hours for 4-5 10min videos. its a variation on orange man bad and therefore non-woke = bad

no fly me to the moon is just wrong.
feels so wrong at ep01

Fuck netflix but also fuck funimation

Funimation don't even sub their shit they just give you an English dub and leave it at that

funimation does suck. So does netflix. Eat shit faggot

hahahahaha (you)

panty and stockings but that was the creators take on an adult swim/ US cartoon

Just watched it....dub was utter trash. Wtf is up Shinji's VA? Sounds like an older man struggling to sound like a young boy. I hate to admit it but the old dub was better.

The absolute hubris of subfags thinking that their brain is capable of performing an impossible task, which makes anime sub-watchers 300 IQ megabrains

Maybe people would give a fuck what he said if they handled maid dragon and prison school properly.

Eh its still not very good.

I can't wait for them to do a Hunter X Hunter adaption but Killua is black and hisoka is a pedo rights activist and it takes place in a high school.

That sounds like "I realized that I'll never be a real woman, and after all I can't go back to being a man, so I'll just float in between".

No, it is actually not a weasel word, user. It's quite straightforward. If it changes the meaning of the original line in such a way that the character in question is quite literally communicating something different, then it can be said that the meaning is "fundamentally" changed.

how the hell do you read road signs when you're driving? or do you multitask like a woman

oh him. How do they refer to him in the nudub?

i have never heard a teenage boy that sounds like this creatura not even with gay teenage boys or the awkward stage where boys kind of sound like women at times. obviously it was born male but the intonation and diction of the voice has been trained to be hyper-feminine and not in a youthful way either. it only sounds passable when yelping and screaming because its training becomes undone. in monologue scenes it sounds particularly awful

in addition to that, it's always using mixed voice, which sounds weird and restrictive because no male does this except the i had a stroke guy from the sneedsons and trannies and it makes shinji sound oddly older

there is literally no reason not to cast a male teenager if you are going to make a fucking dub of evangelion in 2019. casting trannies to fill this teenage boy niche is an awful idea because they've been trained to use the minnie mouse voice and remembering their adolescence is 'dysphoric'

yet it sounds worse than ADV and most fandubs on youtube. only asuka sounds significantly better in this than ADV in humorous scenes because she sounds youthful, the 'RRRRGHHHH... no' part was kind of funny. but she fucked up the german part, she can't do the dramatic parts as well as tiffany and it sounds weird because she sounds like a tween surrounded by non teenagers

>To put it bluntly, Japanese voices don't translate well to retarded audiences.

Nothing of value was lost.

If I donate my brain, scientists will come to the conclusion that it was entirely average.
What's more probable; subfags are the smartest people walking the earth, or dubfags are mentally retarded? Either could explain our difference of opinion, and one is much more likely than the other.

Nah it just means we made it out of elementary school.
I actually pity you, it can't be easy being a nigger.

Yes, believe it or not, when you read a road sign on the road, your brain is actually temporarily taking your attention away from what is directly ahead of you, just as if you happen to look at a text on your phone which happens to be mounted on your dashboard. Crazy, I know. Your drivers' license should literally be taken away if you think that you're not multi-tasking when you quite literally take your attention away to something else than the road ahead of you, you monumentally retarded faggot.

You can't polish a turd.

Want to know how I know you're a mouthbreather?

You mean that's the lowest of the low.

>TTGL and KlK
>losing out on Nip Kamina and Satsuki performances
You dubfags are delusional
At least mention actual good ones like Baccano or Black Lagoon
Also Bebop's dub is only as good. Faye Valentine is voiced by Megumi Hayashibara. That alone is worth your time

I already know why you're one, because you think that you are in possession of superhuman abilities, and have just been introduced to the concept of multi-tasking at this point in your life.

But they're still failing. They still don't get eyeballs. Some moron can fund them for propaganda purposes all they want, but it won't really matter in the long run. Business isn't about squid ink and smokescreens. It's about making money. He can prop up a dying industry for years, but the readership still won't be there and that means all the headpats from clickbait sites in the world won't help their bottomline.

Biggest problem for me it's no fly me to the Moon.

Watching the first episode of the new dub now and so far I think the new dialog is fine and the new VAs are doing a fine job

Worst case scenario, the original dub still exists. I have no REAL problems with the new one and I don't think it's a bad one for someone to watch the first time. Again though, this is just based on the first episode

no idea can't find a torrent for the netflix dub

Revy's dub actress at least was better
Her performance during the Tokyo arc was stellar

No one talks like that, tho. 'I'm so fucked up' just makes more sense in English.

Not even fucking close dubfag. Just stop posting.

Everything about the written in the OP post sounds horrible, but is ANYONE at least on point as their character? Like, even for a while?

Attached: 1546026818325.jpg (480x294, 16K)

>platinum can get fly me to the moon for every Bayonetta game
>netflix can't even use the full original soundtrack

it could've been translated as 'i'm a fucking pervert' which is faithful to the japanese

Of course it's multi tasking. People of all sorts of occupations do it. How do you think a concert musician can perform on their instrument while reading the sheet music?
If you're talking about the technicality of the microseconds that it takes to alternate between reading and watching, then I'm saying it's so irrelevant that for all intents and purposes, you are doing 2 things at once.
You pedant.

Yeah all of the characterization is in tact

get the hell outta here. i'm already annoyed.

or i'm disgusting

Yeah, but why would you intentionally inconvenience yourself, you stupid nigger? To hear the voices of your nippon waifus who will never step within five feet of you?

No, it's definately a weasel word because it's over-vague and open to interpretation. 'Fundamental' only has a specific meaning in something where the fundamentals are laid out by an objective source. You can talk about the fundamentals of chemistry or even of basketball. It's hard to talk about the fundmental meaning of a sentence after you change the literal words of the sentence. Because the fundamentals of a sentence ARE the original words. That's what fundamental means in the context.

so the script is bad, but the VA's are decent? thats actually better than i thought anyone should hope for, i expected bottom of the barrel for everything

I want Funi to die and then Netflix to just sit on their licenses because they figute out there's no return on cash spent
I want dubs to die, thus hopefully killing western business/cultural interest in anime, or reducing it at least, and returning it to a niche thing. I rather be mocked for my tastes than have western thought influence the medium

Americans don't think of you at all.
We live rent-free in your heads.

asuka is better during the humor scenes because she lacks tiffany's autism, but she's also worse during the dramatic scenes because she lacks tiffany's autism

>inconvenience yourself
you're so dense that light bends around you

Uh, no. Jesus Christ. No. It isn't hard to talk about the fundamental meaning of a sentence when you change its words, because it is actually quite easy to determine whether its meaning has been changed by simply *reading it* and not being a literal retard. Doing so requires a level of intelligence needed to pass basic SAT reading comprehension questions. Jesus.

Is the OST more quiet to anyone?

Nobody is even mentioning Hyuga's half-chipmunk voice
Not really. I guess the Asuka VA is at least somewhat OK in the less demanding lines. Ritsuko is very bland but she's not exactly intense in the first place so she comes off as decent sometimes(not until the later episodes anyway). Gendo sounds twice older than Fuyutsuki somehow. Yui is more letthargic and disinterested than Rei. Also the stupid actress does not realize she needs to mimic the facial expressions of the characters because it's obvious she was never smiling while delivering Yui's lines.
All the more important or emotional scenes are a disaster.
I would say ADV has lower lows and higher highs but on average the new ones is actually marginally better because some of the side characters sound at least quasi-professional and not like an ADV office janitor getting extra $10 that day

I can't wait for Netflix's traced CGI 3D version of Ghost In The Shell.

Nigger I've watched Black Lagoon in both languages
Your hatred of dubs is clearly a newfaggot attempt to fit in with Yea Forums
You're not on Yea Forums and even if you were we'd smell the Gaia on you
Fuck off

Honestly I don't think the script is particularly bad either, but I'm not finished with it yet.

Unless the "I'm so fucked up" line is THAT important to you, it's perfectly fine.

The VAs are hit or miss. Personally I don't like the new Misato as much but Shinji actually sounds like a 14 year old now (despite his screams not being as good) and all of his friends are a stark improvement.

Haven't heard Asuka yet, but apparently she's one of the worst ones so I'll just wait and see

Dubfag calling me new? Fucking hilarious.

Are the subs any faithful or did Netflix manage to transmit their AIDS to that too?

Apparently the Italian one is absolutely insane, with many sentences making no sense at all and using archaic words no one has been using for 50 years. I haven't watched the episodes, but from the screenshots online it looks atrocious.
The og dub had some weirdly worded sentences but nothing distracting, and it's in general regarded as a 10/10 dub, what the fuck where they thinking?

>all these faggots crying about eva on netflix who gives a fuck
>meanwhile I'm waiting for Gunsmith Cats blu ray release
at least have something to fucking REEEEEEEE about

Attached: 1560946166898.jpg (872x873, 107K)

No they changed it from "I'm so fucked up" to "I'm the lowest of the low" no joke

They didn't "remove" it. It's a different translation.

That's never what he said in the original jap in the first place

>Remove
I meant change

There's weebs in this thread saying they are garbage, yet no one is posting examples.

The only reason to watch a dubbed anime is if you're watching it with a child who has yet to become a proficient reader.
But then none of you have children so you've got no excuse.

>have to deal with 480p DVD version of Gunsmith Cats
I feel your pain

says the blatant newfag

blu ray is very soon according to the kickstarter page. i just want it on nyaa

Or if you aren't a weeaboo

but buy it, don't pirate >:(

Subs are decent for the most part from what I've seen. The differences between them and the dub script can be pretty significant especially in the less important scenes. In most cases the difference is in favor of the subs as it should be given the limitations you face with dub scripts(number of syllables, matching animation, etc)

Other way around. This is the only dub of multiple languages I have heard where Shinji actually sounds like a child

There's only one Netflix anime you should all be watching.

Attached: dbf2c7ba97404dc22577bb010cdf4876.jpg (666x800, 68K)

>watches anime
>i-im not a weeaboo!
sure thing dubfriend

They are both good dubs though

Eva is overrated pleb filter. Thank you based Netflix