/RBMK/ Delusional Edition

Attached: 1560951808473.png (600x450, 391K)

Other urls found in this thread:

leatherbarrowa.exposure.co/chernobyl
youtube.com/watch?v=CcDZtlm_pI0
www-pub.iaea.org/MTCD/publications/PDF/Pub913e_web.pdf
youtube.com/watch?v=10JsBT1yoG4
nature.com/articles/39303
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyrillic_script
youtube.com/watch?v=1zxhl0E_HVs
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Attached: vichnaya-pamyat-starts-playing.jpg (1920x1080, 445K)

Attached: 1560938385900.jpg (984x656, 168K)

Attached: 17hYE4T.jpg (577x515, 75K)

You didn't see jiggies on the rooftop

Was it really his fault brehs?

Attached: Dyatlov.jpg (590x472, 34K)

Attached: 1560947318782.png (853x630, 34K)

No, he was in the toilet

Kind of, but at the same time keeping the boron rod problem a secret was also a huge problem, he was being reckless as fuck thinking there was a magic out. Also why did they keep saying AZ-5, then the button said A3-5?

*ting ting ting*
Comrades I have an announcement to make...
*ahem*
FUCK THE PUMPS AND FUCK KHODEMCHUK

Attached: delusions.png (900x676, 395K)

the 3 is actually a Russian (Cyrillic) letter that is pronounced like our "Z"

Name one person better under pressure

Attached: 1560739432420.gif (452x306, 1.39M)

apu engineers are so cute

actual colorized footage of me opering a RBMK 1000

Attached: 1559586579105.gif (300x275, 720K)

trying to cool the reactor...

Thank you for the answer. I had a feeling, I should have just looked it up, I'm super tired and will be retarded all night. But I still love these threads.

Attached: Chernobyl+memes_5d3d17_7135079.jpg (1200x1194, 290K)

I love this, if OC good work

Slavs are disgusting

Where are you from?

Re: your image

>To cope with their fears, the men made up jokes: ‘An American robot is on the roof for five minutes, and then it breaks down. The Japanese robot is on the roof for five minutes and then - breaks down. The Russian robot is up there two hours! Then a command comes in over the loudspeaker: “Private Ivanov! In two hours you’re welcome to come down and have a cigarette break.”’

Holy shit, were those guys on the Masha level?

have there been any new pieces of corechan art yet

What's your stance on her? She kept doing idiotic things, blatantly exposing her self and her unborn child, but she was also loyal as fuck.

Russia

He is only guilty of working with a bunch of incompetent idiots.

Attached: 1560824664712.webm (1280x640, 851K)

It doesn't specify but I've been reading this over the past couple of days - quotes from various sources are gathered here. Some of it is horrifying and incredibly sad

Half of it is a guy's pripyat travel blog with some pictures I haven't seen before but he goes into good detail about the accident and aftermath too.

leatherbarrowa.exposure.co/chernobyl

Now get water into my reactor

Attached: 1560992400123.jpg (565x542, 58K)

Thanks for the link, looks like a great read. I always knew about this event, but it's really insane learning the details.

Attached: 1560987334228.png (493x493, 340K)

I have to stop rewatching episode 5...
Everytime i see dyatlov my panties get so wet and i have to think about rubbing my pussy. He is just so handsome, intimidating and sexy, i cant stop to think about him.

Attached: 1559881982948.gif (540x304, 3.48M)

>posting in /rbmk/ threads a week after the finale

*throws a clipboard at everyone itt*

Attached: D89q6OyXoAEdqFS.jpg large.jpg (1024x472, 45K)

Not reading any posts in this thread to avoid some spoilers, but just saying this show is great so far.
T. Russkie with parents from Kiev

Needs the sekiro special attack rune.

It's great, enjoy, no spoilers from me

Big thanks to you

Not great, not terrible

>avoid some spoilers
It explodes

What the FUGG

I‘m gonna miss these threads when they eventually die out.

Rate my rates
>Episode 1 and 2
Purest kino
>Episode 3 and 4
Meh to ok-tier range
>Episode 5
Vastly better than 3 and 4 but inferior to 1 and 2

Perfect Rating.

Hello fellow nuclear engineers. Is there a collage of all the best memes this show has produced so far? I think that would be very significant to this kino’s social impact

Attached: 2931F65F-2E42-479C-8ADA-9AD71BC70F07.jpg (425x550, 48K)

Pretty good comrade.
I do like episode 5 a lot just for that final 5 second explanation of when A3-5 is pressed.
It's always so fucking chilling.

Go ask to be spoonfed elsewhere.
Or as you incompetent morons like to call it. "redpill me"

i pee everywhere

Attached: aku_maa.jpg (750x567, 249K)

>implied that one bitch has a stillborn birth because of radiation from hugging her husband
Dumb
>the preachy ATF dog hunting squad
Dumb
>Dyatlov sperging out about RBMKs
Kino

khodemchuk
all that crap that he was entombed underneath put some pressure on him alright

youtube.com/watch?v=CcDZtlm_pI0
>camera just fucking dies momentarily near the elephant's foot
> nearly hugging the fuel rods

how is this guy not dead?

It's hardly that radioactive unless you hug it. There's been people down there since forever.

He has those strong Dyatlov genes.

Make whatever you want out of this.
www-pub.iaea.org/MTCD/publications/PDF/Pub913e_web.pdf

Attached: 111.jpg (550x1744, 545K)

This gif made me actually lol

It hurts bros

Attached: 1561093408088.jpg (1080x1238, 163K)

He died so we can live

But I would prefer to be dead and Legasov to be alive instead of me

He made that choice I hope you will respect it and live a prosperous life in his honor

;_;7

She didn't understand why he was dangerous, people kept telling her to stay away but as far as she was concerned he was just burnt.

I think she was explained, but she didn't think of it much. You can't really be rational and sensible if you're about to lose someone you hold dearest

I know its a meme at this point, but did anyone feel like that scene with the burning core was almost lovecraftian/cosmic? It felt wrong just to be seeing it, even through a screen, and the whole concept of two men transfixed staring at the invisible force that just killed them is insane. I felt more physically disturbed by it than any horror movie in the last 10 years

This show was pure kino

So they where basically all incompetent idiots.

Did the whole RBMK coverup really happen? If so, how did it work? Were crews not told about the graphite tips? Didn't anyone else notice brief power spikes upon pressing the shutdown button?

I wish horror tv shows and movies worked that way.

>Were crews not told about the graphite tips?
Probably not. It's like telling a car mechanic about a screw on the back of the radiator. It wasn't intentionally a fault in the system, just a minor detail in the whole big picture of everything.
>Didn't anyone else notice brief power spikes upon pressing the shutdown button?
The only people who could see power levels were in the control room. At least in the show, the engineers testified to that woman character representing a bunch of scientists that they pressed the button first, and then the reactor exploded.

>The only people who could see power levels were in the control room.

Yes, but there were dozens of RBMKs around, so I was wondering if there were more poeple aware of this flaw.

A few other places. Dyatlov said that there had been power increase alarms at other stations that were thought to be in error since two other alarms you'd expect with a power increase didn't go off. Turns out that the response time of the sensors was different and only one would trigger fast enough to alert the operators that the rods caused a power spike before the boron entered the core and prevented the slower alarms from triggering.

>tfw my shoop was in Thunderf00t's video

Oh that makes more sense. I'm not an expert so take what I say with a grain of salt. I think the power surge happens in very small numbers with a single rod to a point where it might be noticeable if you're looking for it but if you are operating normally, it's just a small number here and there during normal operations.
The thing with Chernobyl is that they had all the rods out at once, which is way outside standard operating procedure as they were doing a stress test. When they plunged them all down at once by hitting the AЗ-5 button the temporary energy spike was significant, to a reactor that was already pushed to its breaking point.

Attached: 1560197282675.jpg (875x875, 119K)

youtube.com/watch?v=10JsBT1yoG4

I see. Thanks.

Apparently the real Dyatlov really was infamous among his staff for having autistic tantrums whenever his instructions weren't followed immediately, and to the letter. He had a tendency to refer to his subordinates as "goldfish" which I suppose his meant to imply they lack memory.

Attached: lg_39290_Red_Ryukin.jpg (576x576, 85K)

nice

You keep yapping about graphite rods when we all know it's just burnt concrete.

Attached: chernobyl-character-anatoly-dyatlov-has-been-turned-into-a-meme.jpg (650x366, 41K)

Fuck the phones and fuck Khodemchuck

True. Every day I try to be a better man in honor of Legasov.

Did the "biorobots" had to abide by the 90 second rule all the way to the end as the radiation level of Masha went down?

Episode 4 is the best

If something is very radioactive and emits both gamma and particle radiation, it tends to ionize things that are around it, and making them also radioactive. So the entire roof was dangerous at that point.

what a qt

The power surge problem was noticed at Ignalina in 1983

>ionize things that are around it, and making them also radioactive
That's not how it works. Neutron radiation can and will make things radioactive that weren't before but it's the only type that does, because it directly converts an atom to an unstable isotope of whatever element it was. You have to take special precautions nowadays when working with neutron radiation and even use special dosimetry precisely because of that. Ionizing radiation in general doesn't do this.

Imagine Grunty losing her body to ARS.

Attached: tumblr_mdb17ertdz1rkey39o1_500.gif (500x281, 796K)

Attached: 44.png (406x271, 430K)

You what?

I can't help but think of Legasov everyday since I watched the show. He was a real human bean and a true inspiration.

Radiation is cosmic by its nature
It kills you and you cant even see it or smell it or sense it in any way

He was used to dealing with military guys and the way they obeyed him. When he moved to the civilian side he had to deal with dullards.

Rewatching Chernobyl and getting giddy imagining all of the opportunities present for testicular annihilation during the whole incident. Could be something as mundane as having Dyatlov chuck a clipboard right into my spuds or have them crushed in one of those massive metal doors, to something as dramatic as having them blasted to smitherenes by the exploding reactor core or getting them crushed under a piece of rubble. Imagine draping your testicles over a chunk of irradiated graphite and wincing in ecstatic agony over the ensuing weeks are your bollocks gradually turn necrotic and rot off.

I feel sick post some cute Legasov pls

a man enjoying his doggocaust

Yes but you can also blame the demands of the communist system for results to also play a key role in his actions and behavior, essentially a successful test would have got him a promotion and taken him off the shop floor and away from complaints that were being made against him for his behavior.

The firefighters breathed in radioactive ash and dust and it stayed in their bodies. When the baby was autopsied, she had a severe heart deformity and radiation damage to her liver which caused her death. The baby is buried at the foot of her father's grave, but this wasn't shown on the TV show.

>implied that one bitch has a stillborn birth because of radiation from hugging her husband
>Dumb

They didn't imply anything. It really happened. Those were real people.

/RBMK/ pls post Akimfu while there's still time.

Attached: Akimov.jpg (210x295, 10K)

Did anyone rescue Yuvchenko's fish, bros?

Attached: Yuvchenkos_fish.jpg (1454x580, 118K)

kino

They're still in the Sarcophagus.

Feeding.

Growing.

Waiting.

>let's make this general about faggotry instead of the show or the Chernobyl event in general

Attached: isildur.jpg (1280x720, 65K)

Both

seconding

Yes

Chernobyl reactor number 4 blows up

I felt the exact same way and couldn't articulate the feeling until now.

Attached: 1561042884033.jpg (720x720, 268K)

What the FUCK

Can we agree that Dyatlov was innocent and the disaster was the fault of the corrupt Soviet communist regime?

Based retard

Attached: 1545775113802.png (1280x720, 1008K)

Yes, glad others witnessed the kino

Even with the design flaw, he was still partially responsible for going forward with the test instead of rescheduling like Akimov suggested.

Dyatlov being in his position was probably the fault of the corrupt soviet regime.

>tfw work in subway construction and notice the tunnel segments

Subway tunnels are basically giant versions of these slabs that had to be installed by machines, but these smaller ones were installed by hand. Still, it spoke of proper engineering design and surprising safety. You'd think that at that timetable of a few weeks they'd forego safety completely and just use wooden beams and junk to prop things up.

Attached: untitled.jpg (1519x749, 124K)

Boris>Legasov

Attached: F2CD28AE-2393-4FD1-AEB6-ED612E6D9237.png (1926x970, 2.28M)

I've been at a crossroads point with my career choices for a while and ended up making my final choice because of Legasov

:3

Attached: Akimchin.jpg (920x738, 84K)

Legasov's butt

Attached: 1561063200240.png (1280x720, 396K)

Anyone else get a boner during the naked miners scene

The minister of coal scene was hotter. You can practically see him getting more and more turned on like the slut he is.

ASH'D

Attached: image.jpg (629x960, 106K)

I'm a woman, so I just shot cervical fluids across the room. Does that count?

No

Attached: 1560276879268.jpg (333x492, 51K)

I'm still waiting for a fanfic where the miners rape him but he enjoys it

What did you choose?

Attached: 1558224179612.jpg (640x480, 52K)

Hanging himself obviously

Attached: 1560733161483.jpg (493x352, 60K)

Not writing it you fucking degenerate
That said, still working on the beach episode story

I sympathized with her, the definitely was warned by nurses and lying about being pregnant was the worst thing she did, but at the same time if my loved one was dying I wouldn't let a nurse tell me it's too risky to be with them in their final moments. I also wouldn't be pregnant though.
The part that really got me was when she was like "it won't be much longer, I just don't want him to die alone", because up until that point I wasn't sure if she realized he was dying, or if she was holding out hope he would get better. She was quietly and fearlessly loyal sticking by her husband, and despite her faults I respect that.

Well said. Perfect description of it, comrade.

Why can't retards realize that she did nothing wrong and her baby was already fucked from the radioactive dust before she went to him? He's not a piece of graphite for fuck's sake.

Attached: hah.jpg (540x542, 24K)

As degenerate as this is, I still love this shameless general for things like this image.

I wish to go back in time and distribute this en masse

Well of course he isn't, there's no graphite.

You might like Voices from Chernobyl. She goes into a lot more detail about his final days in the hospital.

>>implied that one bitch has a stillborn birth because of radiation from hugging her husband

she was exposed to radiation when looking at the initial explosion, in either ep 1 or 2 (i can't remember)

Attached: 1561054413608.jpg (1365x2074, 333K)

beta particles aren't contagious though, they can't pass through skin

Attached: blacked.gif (500x241, 2.41M)

What would Legasov do if you showed it to him

>the one guy who rubs both his pecs

Thanks user feel much better now

go into depressed state.

>find gay Chernobyl pictures
>"fucking Americans ruining everything"
>all the pictures are actually made by Russians
wtf was their problem?

Well at least it's not those fics right?

how come generals are the ones that come up with all the OC nowadays. saw the same thing in the alita general before it was axed.

Wouldnt you

I'd rub his crotch and boipussy too.

Because people who care about something go into the generals instead of the random shitposting threads.

Extra firm so your hand print is always visible

Russian women are a bunch of fujos.

She was exposed to his blood and bodily fluids. In an interview, she said that she sat by his bedside and tended to him herself because the nurses were overwhelmed by the number of other patients being brought in. He was coughing up blood and bits of rotting tissues. She would take the pieces out of his mouth with her hands because they were obstructing his breathing.

Their clothing can still kill you almost 35 later. She could very well have died from too much exposure

He wasn't wearing his clothing though.

>can't even pretend to be gay in Russia to pick up bitches
shit sucks

He had radioactive particles in his lungs from all of the ash and dust on the night of the fire. If he was coughing up blood and mucus, it would have had particles in it that could potentially be harmful to others.

>his face...

This

About to watch episode 4 lads

Attached: legasov-interview.jpg (900x438, 29K)

>was...

/RBMK/ needs more chinposting t b h

oh shit it's the Tarakanov episode
This is really cool lads

Attached: tumblr_pt54s8CitD1xje2ffo1_1280.jpg (805x1036, 147K)

Can someone tell me what the medical ethics are around keeping someone with fatal radiation poisoning alive?
Surely if you have people like Akimov, Toptunov and Ignatenkno you should give them the option of a quick death?
There's the case of that Jap where they basically kept him alive as a skeleton for nearly 3 months.
That has to be less moral than just killing someone.

Holy shit user, the death blow or perilous attack icons would be perfect

Agreed.

Holy fuck that gif is hilarious.

In the case of Ouchi, the excuse that they used was that they wanted to study the long-term effects of severe radiation poisoning and they basically just treated him like a guinea pig. The humane thing to do would have been to let him go, especially after they got his chromosomal tests back and saw that there was 0% of his body being able to repair itself.

She was a good waifu but her husband would have wanted their child to live.
She made the wrong moves with the right intentions.

You can withdraw treatment but you can't kill. You're not supposed to give ANY kind of treatment, down to putting up a drip, to a sound-minded adult without their explicit consent. This was clearly violated in the case of Ouchi as he asked them to stop.

radiation is a meme

theres 90 year old women living in Chernobyl since birth without even basic necessities you have have now

theres generations of wild animals living near the plant

Episodes 1 and 3 are tied for best for me. The first half of episode 1 was some of the best scenes this series had to offer. Episode 3 was, for me, the most emotional because of pizzafus. It also had the miners which offered a great character and some much needed comic relief.

After that, 2 and 5 were second best.

4 was my least favorite.

Attached: yes,my_love.jpg (1089x738, 541K)

Think about how rare a radiation victim is. Ethics get thrown out the window because they need to learn everything they can so that there may be a hope of future generations being able to do something about it.

How did Dyatlov not die? He also was composed when he yakked which I thought was hilarious

Attached: 5d07668c15e9f9134b35e1a3.jpg (1920x1080, 420K)

graphite

But if withdrawing treatment means you just get a slightly quicker slow and agonizing death, I'd how thought the obvious moral choice would be to end it quickly.
I'm not a big brained philosopher of medical ethics though, so what do I know.

4 is probably the weakest of all the episodes generally speaking, but that 90 seconds on the roof has got to be the best scene of the entire show

He had a surprising resistance to radiation.
Cherno wasn't his first either.

I think that played in making him sloppy. Hard to fear something you can't see if you survived it once. Even if you ought to know better.

Did you lower the control rods or not?

Attached: Chernobyl.S01E01.iNTERNAL.1080p.WEB.H264-EDHD.mkv_snapshot_22.08_[2019.06.21_01.06.45].jpg (1920x1080, 106K)

*bleugh*

The nuclear sub too, right? That's insane, I didn't think people could have resistance to radiation, it doesn't seem like having immunity to the flu?

I'm a medfag and I think it's fucking stupid and stems from people who don't understand these things making laws based on being grossed out. Not for me to decide though.
The best we're allowed to do here is terminal sedation where we keep the patient asleep until they die. The difference between that and euthanasia is negligible in my mind so why not take the next step?

>NOW you look like the Minister of Coal!

The human bladder can only take so much

post graphite

Attached: graphite.jpg (1134x1041, 246K)

*old women

Oh sure. I didn't think it was horrible or anything.
It just didn't hold my interest like the other episodes. You're right about the roof.

Proud father teaches his disabled sons how to play frisbee (Chernobyl 1968 colourised)

yes but not all of it

Attached: ILookedRightIntoIt.jpg (1280x1411, 314K)

Anyone know where to find Legasov's poetry?

Attached: 1560732534084.png (1453x2301, 1.94M)

it also gave us Skarsgard having that absolutely delicious tantrum over the phone after the Joker breaks down

If he was "on" the toilet, he was probably shitting. Unless he sits to pee, in which case he deserves everything bad that happened to him.

smell it, /RBMK/

Attached: finger.jpg (1094x670, 87K)

Le spicy rock has arrived

The "Mystery of Valery Legasov death" video has bits and pieces towards the end. Never found any beyond that but I don't really use Russian google

Who else thinks it's q t that the firemen wore mittens?

Anyone got pics of qt mischa wearing his qt irradiated mittens?

Attached: mittens.jpg (375x500, 37K)

You are forgetting that radiation at levels as high as 3.6 roentgen causes urine to harden into a soft poop like substance. He would have had to sit down in order to shit from his cock.

based opinion, 1 is objectively the best
1>2>5>3>4 for me
but its all very close

anyone else look into hildur gudnadottirs music? it's pretty great.

Smells like coal residue and Shchadov's butthole

Thank you kind tovarishch!

Attached: 1560986266491.png (1280x640, 808K)

The plant is sealed in a concrete sarcophagus with a second larger building on top of that, so most of the radiation has been sealed off. The animals in the area still have dangerous levels of radiation in their bodies and are unsafe to eat. There has been an increase in birth defects and cancers in the area since the accident. It's not as bad as it could have been, but the area isn't going to be totally safe for a very long time.

>literally wrote a poem about how he's going to kill himself
>OH NO WHO COULD HAVE PREDICTED THIS
It still hurts.

Attached: 1543022220409.jpg (808x1000, 113K)

Legasov, Akimov, and even Yuvchenko were my chinfus. Good chin turnout on this series. 5/5

Attached: CHER_103_072118_LD_00404-b1de.jpg (121x124, 6K)

I think they were honestly trying to save them. I know that Akimov, Toptunov, and Sitnikov were given family members' bone marrow, but it failed.

ya, but that test was never going to be successful. They started running it at 200 after dropping from 700. He just wanted it completely, if they were planning on fudging the numbers and lying why not do it after the 3rd fail?

1>5>2>3>4
But they're all quite good

Why is Legasov so perfect bros
Why can't I just pull him into my arms and feel his heart beating against my chest as I tell him that from this day on I'll protect him from the world

Attached: chernobyl3.png (1747x891, 1.6M)

I like all the scenes where he wore the appropriate hat

she cucked her husband by aborting their baby with radiation then getting pregnant with another man's seed years later.

She didn't abort it, you mong.

don't touch the graphite

I'm fucking MAD that Boris' hat was never shown. I love Valera but Boris is objectively the better hat man.

Attached: ValeriyandBoris.png (876x484, 531K)

In my opinion if your kill switch is actually a fucking detonator a large part of the blame lies with the design.

I like them all for different reasons.

1. damage control/just how bad is it
2. trying to fix the big shit
3. diver's resolution/miners shenanigans
4. salty middle east commie vets earning their 45 cents an hour
5. just what exactly happened to make it explode

it wouldn't have been a detonator if they hadn't already fucked up the power levels

equal blame for both

>>the preachy ATF dog hunting squad

preachy about what?

the red and blue cards was a brilliant way of explaining how the reactor got out of whack

Why is he so cute?
I just want to take his shaking hands and take the fear from him

>theres generations of wild animals living near the plant

yes and their deformed and their genetic fitness is decreased

nature.com/articles/39303

I would take care of Valera so well that Lyudmila would be put to shame.

IRL her baby died from complications unrelated to radiation, she only claims it was the rads that killed it because she's a nut.
But of course 'historical and scientific accuracy: the show' had to take it a step further and say her baby "absorbed the radiation", killing it and saving her.
Seriously, this show was great but the moment you look into the actual history or science behind it you realize how many creative liberties it took.

Attached: 1560333671714.gif (236x250, 1.47M)

I want to make love to him :3

When did /RBMK/ peak? For me it was between episode 2 and 3.

>nut
She's a housewife who's senile by now and doesn't know shit beyond the mass panic.

it peaked somewhere north of 30000 rontgens

sweet sweet love after one or three drinks and make him forget about his hard work for the night :3

that sounds like a good premise for kino

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyrillic_script
Nig

>ywn make love to Valera in the grass and wildflowers at your dacha while the light wind ruffles his hair

2 is underrated, the 1000 years of sacrifice speech was what got to me

>ywn wake up next to him and make him breakfast while his kitty kot dances around your legs waiting to be feed

Someone grab and take Hickey to the prison infirmary, I can't stand this homo posting.

The baby's autopsy revealed that she had radiation damage.

oh great
another chernobyl thread

I'm not trying to be contrarian but I really liked episode 4. I pretty much have a fetish for Russian pastoral-kino and there was something almost pagan about it.

Read Voices from Chernobyl like said, the last pages of her story are sad as fuck.
>that babushka living alone

You all faggots better be girls

We should stop homoposting but first, why is he so perfect?

Attached: 1559669229452.jpg (960x960, 239K)

> human bean

Attached: 1559917020609.png (876x591, 273K)

still wonder what they said to him in the bunker after he got back from the roof

What would happen to the liquidator who fell? The graphite is no longer active enough to burn him like the firefighter in ep1, right?

His boot was torn, he was on the roof longer than 90 seconds and the graphite chunks were still emitting high levels of radation.

Reminder that there were 3 people who did the 90 second roof run 3 times each.

Attached: 1560733535958.jpg (870x870, 162K)

It wasn't a burn that was caused by heat. It would have melted his hand immediately if that was the case.

It's still the graphite making the roof a robot-only zone. The half lives of most of these radioisotopes are measured in years. It's pretty fucking spicy.

Here's Akimov killing a girl during sex. Rude he was so polite in Chernobyl.

Attached: sam-troughton.jpg (1258x618, 69K)

No duh. I'm talking about the radioactivity.

Not only did he murder everyone at Chernobyl with his incompetence but he also rapes and kills women?

Attached: 1560541251903.png (991x479, 1.06M)

Khomyuk's character being the way she is feels in very poor taste considering it's generally accepted that the abuse Legasov experienced from his scientist colleagues contributed to his suicide.
Or is Mazin actually smart enough to have done this on purpose?

Attached: Ham2.jpg (474x354, 40K)

get fucked dyatlov

this, everything but the generals is shitposting at this point

This is the general consensus, yes.
This would be a valid argument, if they were actually informed about that the button, which is supposed to shut down the reactor, actually makes it explode in such conditions.
BTW, there was no power surge before the AZ-5 was activated.

Attached: eEysN.jpg (840x560, 84K)

>(((creative liberties)))

They broke half a dozen safety regulations. You don't have to understand the reactor to obey them.

That graphite is going to be radioactive for years. A couple of days isn't going to make it any less dangerous.

It wasn't rape. It was consensual sex, he just ended up killing her is all.

Attached: Akimass.jpg (1628x864, 83K)

But Akimov was a moron, too. IRL he didn't believe the reactor exploded, that's why he went to open the valves, duh. He thought there was still a core, which needed cooling, when obviously all those pipes got fucked and were leaking all over the place. In fact, because of them it flooded the electrical equipment of third core, it could cause major problems there. He almost made it worse.

>Legasov compared radiation to spicy pepper
I'm sure he's in heaven reading our shitposts and laughing at our memes. Perhaps even flattered by the people who want to have sex with him.

Nobody thought the reactor exploded.

he also actively opposed dyatlov while everyone else just went along with it

he's a hero

>"the west is weird. Boris"

>implying at the very least half the people wanting to have sex with him aren't Russians

if you give someone a button and tell them that pushing it will make all the bad things disappear but neglect to tell them that it actually detonates a nuke situated entirely a couple floors underneath Them is it actually the button presser's fault for detonating the nuke?

>"help me I'm burning in hell"

to be fair, no one believed the reactor coud explode. It was inconceivable.

He was opposed to the test. If someone else had been chief engineer, instead of Dyatlov, the test would have been postponed or canceled.

They didn't actually break that much regulations as show makes it out. The show is telling the story, ironically, more in line with initial soviet report made for the trial, which tried to blame everything on the operators.
They are still in the wrong, but the fundamental flaw was in design, and operators not being informed about it.

Shut up. Legasov gets a pass. I don't care what orthocucks with their autistic "don't pray for this long list of people" bullshit say.

This is what christcucks actually believe.

"haha good one Boris. pass the sparkling water"

>he also actively opposed dyatlov while everyone else just went along with it
Didn't happen.

Sitnikov wouldn't have gone through with the test and he was actually well liked. Imagine having Dyatlov as your boss while the other shift gets Sitnikov.

Good god, where has this been on all this time. Akimfu! :3

Attached: AFA_Tongue.jpg (714x670, 53K)

I don't actually believe it
I'm just hurt by the idea of Legasov being gone forever

Attached: 1525804847004.jpg (289x424, 40K)

>chemist dad had some shitty literally who professor while the class next door had Legasov

Attached: valery-legasov-speaking.jpg (800x422, 38K)

I JUST PULLED OUT ALL THE CONTROL RODS AKIMOV

Attached: Hickey running.gif (350x197, 1.25M)

>Sitnikov wouldn't have gone through with the test
Why?

GET BACK HERE MR. HICKEY. YOU HAVE RUINED OUR REACTOR. YOU HAVE RUINED EVERYTHING.

Attached: 1523816154449.jpg (349x326, 61K)

Because no sane person would have.

>ywn get a stern lecture from Valera about radiation safety that leads to passionate sex

Attached: chernobyl-miniseries-trailer-jared-harris-hbo.jpg (825x464, 37K)

>wasn't offered a promotion if he completed it
>wouldn't have bullied the crew into doing it
>was good at his job in general
also if they had delayed the test and done it under better conditions the accident wouldn't have happened anyways.

I really like Legasov's irl voice. It's so gentle and comfy. Not in a sexual way though.

>that video where everyone is in a circle discussing the cleanup and the camera pans over to Legasov petting a dog alone

Post? I only know the video where he tells the other dude to have sex.

>"sir i will go to masha roof and clear it for two hours"
>"but that will kill you"
>"just give me one bullet as a reward sir"

his heart was to pure for this world. I feel genuine pain for what they did to him.

Do you think we could ever have a Legasov biopic? No other shit, just him and his family struggling through the metaphorical fallout. I love Jared but the script did not do him justice.

why is he so cute? Is it the glasses?

Where my Shcherbina lads at

Attached: 1559934929898.jpg (408x650, 67K)

Haven’t seen 5 yet, but he’s my favorite so far

Reminder that it was not the KGB, but Russian scientists like Khomyuk who killed Legasov.
It's like a high school. Becky gets the best grade in the class so Stacey shoves her head down the toilet.

I wish we could get more soviet kino.

The brief glimpse you get when the shoveler looks over the roof into the twisted metal and blown out floors that lead down into blackness honestly gave me a similar reaction like that of a quiet jump scare. Like somehow it was going to suck the worker in right off of the roof, just for looking at it directly.
At the part you’re describing, it’s almost hard to make your mind remember that we, humans, built that device. It feels like the reactor was always there, lid and all, and we simply built around it. Like it was antediluvian ruins we weren’t meant to unrest.

Go watch Gentlemen of Fortune or something.

Post the Legasov petting a dog video already.

Attached: 1560542364946.png (558x558, 378K)

c..comrades anons..i..i want you to record your memes and shitposts..

Attached: record please.png (1600x900, 1.03M)

This show ended 3 weeks ago and people are still making generals. lol.

I liked that one but I prefer Gaidai's films.

Attached: 1560085439709.webm (711x400, 1.41M)

This syncs weirdly well with the animu song I'm listening to

fine
>youtube.com/watch?v=1zxhl0E_HVs

Oh shit it's also the have sex clip
I didn't realize Boris was there too. It looks so comfy. There's something special about moments of happiness in a disaster.

"We are dealing with something that has NEVER occurred on this planet before."

My Mary Sue was the worst fucking liberty. We get it, men suck, even though we fix all the messes. I still loved the show though.

Finally saw this. Wew lad. Kino. Kind of pissed off that I didn't do it earlier. Missed out on some good memes.

>If you told me that wasn't enough I wouldn't believe you.
Absolutely based

I was thinking there's a lot of queers in this thread. I can't imagine too many girls visit Yea Forums. Let them enjoy their manfu if they want though, I don't care.

Also the bitch kept saying:
"you need to tell everyone about AZ-5 because I can't I'm a girl teehee" Like fuck you, you want to be disappeared, you do it. However, I think the truth of them having to hide it was way more impactful than the trial that was hollywoodized. The suicide would have made significantly more sense if he lied throughout too.

>>"sir i will go to masha roof and clear it for two hours"
>>"but that will kill you"
>>"just give me one bullet as a reward sir"
Source?