ITT: Movies series where people say the sequels are better but the original is actually the best one

ITT: Movies series where people say the sequels are better but the original is actually the best one

Attached: F6CB3534-752A-42D3-8ED2-214FB5548726.jpg (981x1500, 380K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pOFW9UhxrMM
youtu.be/FzOIHOjYcqM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Very, very based.
My favourite is also the first one. I think the road warrior is still good but a wee boring, 3 is shit, and fury road so far removed that it may as well not count as a mad max film

Mad Max and Road Warrior are both great and both have different strengths. I do prefer Mad Max though. Also it's funny how despite it being ripped off so often in the post-apocalypse genre it actually remains somewhat unique in how it handles the apocalypse. It's like pre-post-apocalypse, in that society is still basically functioning but people are gradually beginning to give up on everything due to the lack of resources.

Attached: A70-7230.jpg (500x732, 117K)

I can't say I agree with you as Road Warrior is a perfectly paced film whereas Mad Max drags a bit in the middle. Either way though both are fantastic, and I enjoy the original more and more with every rewatch.

I agree with you this. I get into so many arguments at bars over this, I will never get how people can like T2 better.

>I will never get how people can like T2 better
Because most people can't appreciate good horror. Action movies are much easier for brainlets to comprehend.

Alien
Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring
Terminator
Blade Runner
Star Wars
Toy Story

Attached: 1406755225944.jpg (3840x3789, 1.52M)

You already posted it.
Also this.

Attached: batman begins poster.jpg (1125x1500, 175K)

Halloween
Nightmare on Elm Street
Sleep away Camp
Werewolf in London
The Evil Dead

>Sleep away Camp
>Werewolf in London
People actually think the sequels to these are better? WTF!?

Friday the 13th

This reply to your post by me is 100% certification that you are my nigger.

mad max is kino through and through. I actually like the whole series including the 3rd but the first one has always been my favorite to rewatch.
youtube.com/watch?v=pOFW9UhxrMM

Attached: proxy.duckduckgo-1.jpg (1600x900, 194K)

Rocky
First Blood
Godfather
Fast and furious

I like you

Fuck me I wish aussies still talked like that, all of my mates sound monotone or American.

Godfather

Oh yeah dude I didn't even think of The Evil Dead. The first one is just so genuinely scary, but the second, while pretty fun, doesn't succeed for me as a comedy or a horror film 100%. And Army of Darkness is just too goofy

Spider Man

Attached: Night-of-the-Living-Dead-One-sheet-poster.jpg (613x900, 119K)

Shrek

Attached: shrek elsa cucumber fan fiction.jpg (509x395, 32K)

This.

No, nobody says that. And nobody says that about Halloween either. There is a broad consensus that Halloween is the best Halloween film.

Also, there's no film called Werewolf in London. There's An American Werewolf in London or Werewolf of London. Only one of them has a sequel, and nobody likes that one.

Holy shit this applies to Alien as well

Attached: M7st5LsqRPFq_4-35s5TjY4xfka9I-LJrSzckItUGHWl866vUX79NZLgyJt9BNW6Gfs9WA.jpg (353x512, 66K)

Woops didn't see this.
Based

are there actually niggers who think 2049 is better than BR

B-B-BUT IT HAS FUNNY CHAIR CLATTER MAN LOL!

This is another meme "rule" that is true to an extent, but not 100% accurate, but people try to warp reality so it would be 100% accurate so they can keep mindlessly parroting the "rule".

Like "even numbered Treks are the best!" even though FC is actually hot garbage and III is kino.

For instance this rule applies to:
>Alien
>LOTR
>Rambo
>Terminator
>Star Trek

It does NOT apply to:
>Star Wars
>Mad Max
>Godfather
>Evil dead
>Nolan Batman
>Raimi Spider-Man

Attached: hqdefault (1).jpg (480x360, 30K)

You are beyond wrong user. Road Warrior is the best and a classic in its own right.

My roommate the film major thinks it. He also watches anime and collects anime figures.

I've never actually seen the first Terminator

Gonna have to disagree with you about evil dead, only because i view all three films as one long film (if you cut out stuff like the first 10 min's of evil dead 2 and play army of darkness as soon as Ash's goes through the portal at the end of Evil dead 2) youtu.be/FzOIHOjYcqM

>3 is shit

YOU SHUT YOUR WHORE MOUTH.

Thunderdome is the most underrated and the Phantom Menace of the trilogy. If you ignore Jar Jar, PM is the most all round solid of the prequels. And apart from the middle 20mins with the kids, some of which isn't actually bad because you get backstory and exposition about the POCKYLYPSE, Thunderdome has a GOAT first and last third with the best world building, chase scene, and designs in the series.

Attached: images (29).jpg (739x415, 59K)

Does he like it better or does he think it's a better film? It's a movie all about waifus being real, with an autistic lead, but as a film major he should understand that just because a movie resonates perfectly with his own fantasies does not mean it's a superior piece of art.

you're me

The first Mad Max is really underrated, I always liked it more than Road Warrior (which I find a little boring at times).

Am I the only one who thinks Schwarzenegger got hairplugs because of this poster? And fixed them up after? Also, I agree with this and OP. I thought only mom and I like Mad Max 1 more than 2, but I understand preferring the latter. Hell, I get why a lot of (wrong) people like Aliens over Alien. But I just don't get liking T2 more than T1.

>Godfather
2 is unequivocally the best. Boomers like the first more only because "muh Marlobrando the greatest actor of all time".

See

Attached: Star Trek TMP.jpg (1280x1897, 412K)

He doesn't think that deep about movies. He prefers 2049 because "while I appreciate the world that was created it dragged on for too long and was boring". This is a guy who started sopranos 3 years ago and only just started season 4.

2 better even tho i like 1
1 has more of a character development arc but 2 had better villains and action

2049 is pointless. But I feel that the first one had a point.

I dont think so, only contrarians or autists that got memed into thinking Goose is a good actor and not a boring piece of shit, although part of that was K being a boring piece of shit android unlike Deckard who acted human