*spits*

*spits*

youtube.com/watch?v=jkUSojYR4pQ

Attached: a01d0e88-bb65-48e8-928b-b7e6d9adf28f-screen-shot-2019-06-12-at-60003-pm.png (970x546, 304K)

wanna toothpick?

would that help? it's an awfully nasty habit

*ptooey*

Is this show any good?

On the second episode -- does this fucking show ever, at any point, stop having unbearably long pauses and slow camera pans between every syllable of dialogue?

haha dude he's just like me!

no. it's garbage. don't let people trick you into thinking that these vapid 'stylistic' choices are worth a shit.

It picks up after episode 2. Episode 2 was also by a landslide the worst in the series, boring as fuck.

Get into the habit of fast forwarding when your gut tells you to and you'll be good. There are some enjoyable things but it never really clicks and there really is no point to any of it. Even the much loved episodes 5 and 6 weren't anything that great and definitely not anything new in terms of crime story tropes.
I finished the series wishing this was all done by Michael Mann instead. Everything would have been so much better and interesting

no, now plebfilter yourself away

>long pauses are bad
2 is one of the best. maybe second best behind 5

>art
>point

>>>tropes

Parts of it. As a whole, no.

too old to die young > twin peaks > true detective > deadwood > the wire > everything else

its refns magnum opus and the best film of the 21st century

It's actually better when it's more vague, but when Refn attempts to throw in a few devices that stab at resembling an attempt to make a statement, it reveals how trite and moronic he actually is on a lot of things.

He's better at operating at a kind of amoral aesthetic level. Any remote sense of having a message or metaphor is way out of his depth.

Once had a bit of a spitting habit myself

I hate digital.

>but when Refn attempts to throw in a few devices that stab at resembling an attempt to make a statement

And I wrote that so convolutedly because that's the feeling there is to him trying to throw in a bit of resonance or statement. Like just severely underdeveloped. Just barely starting to form the most basic thoughts. I understand he's severely dyslexic or autistic so I guess I don't judge him for it though. But that's why he's way better working at a more gnomic, almost Tarot-like level. On that level he's actually brilliant. When it's just immediate images, like the car chase, there's intense resonance and even cleverness. But throw a bit of politics in and it gets brought down to the level of clickbait sentiment.

They are, retard.

long pauses are good
there are no metaphors or messages in totdy

No. The Young Pope is much better than Too Old to Die Young. So is The Wire, Deadwood, The Sopranos etc. Too Old to Die Young is a good show but the final stretch of the show, especially the finale is atrocious.

Attached: 1560855199155.jpg (1920x1080, 986K)

Pretty based i have to say.