JUMPSCARE BAD!

JUMPSCARE BAD!

Attached: E3CB56BD10A0470E9AE4C6C6456E19FA.jpg (243x234, 18K)

Correct.

Yeah, jump scares are bad. What the fuck are you going to do about it, nerd?

Attached: 269E4C3A-C396-46D7-BD9F-7F5305303321.gif (1000x1000, 78K)

can anyone name me some good horror movies released after 2010?

Attached: 1523517148413.png (714x1118, 1.23M)

Attached: wklgx3u8tnt21.jpg (2167x2000, 562K)

>atmosphere of dread

Attached: mrw scary horror kino.png (632x756, 36K)

whats with all this jumpscare spam? did some non-white get upset that a white man told him jumpscares suck or something wtf

>Boo! hahahaha

Congratulations you are as easily amused as a toddler.

Hereditary does have jump scares though.

>muh atmosphere
FUCKING BASEDSHIT
I miss when horror movies did extreme gore and shit

we're at the point soiface needs to be a bannable offense

>this thread
:^0

>I miss when horror movies did extreme gore and shit

Attached: 1554720637551.png (644x800, 39K)

>character A in a dark room
>music stops
>silence
>character A looking scared
>faint noise in the distance
>suddenly stranger (character B) puts hand on shoulder
>HEY!
>character A is startled
>character A realizes character B is a friend
>character A is relieved
>character A & B share a laugh
>BIG NOISE
>SCARY FACE

seethe, tranny

Jump scares are only scary for children and faggots.

>why yes, i do believe movies need a jumpscare every 2 minutes

Attached: 1511296507911.jpg (1080x1331, 135K)

i'm more of a gore kinda guy and really great designed monsters like castlefreak

a "jumpscare" is just another word for "scare," there is nothing scary that isn't sudden or loud, anything else is just creepy or disturbing. If you don't like jumpscares you don't like getting scared, which is a natural feeling, but don't pretend like you have an issue with the way scares are done.

Jumpscares are necessary to create a scary movie and horror movies without jumpscares still exploit the fact that jumpscares exist, let me explain myself.

Most of the tension a viewer has when watching a horror movie is the anticipation of a jumpscare. It's not the "Boo" that is making you scared. It's the anticipation and buildup towards that scare that is keeping you on your toes where you want to watch away from the screen. You're scared due to this feeling of anticipation.

In movies without jumpscares they still use this anticipation of jumpscares to scare you only they don't actually deliver a jumpscare. It still works because when you go blindly into the movie you can't know if there will be a jumpscare or not. Therefor "movies without jumpscares" are actually just abusing the fact that most horror movies do in fact have jumpscares as a mechanic to scare you.

In fact if we lived in a universe were jumpscares were never invented there would be no horror genre as nothing would actually be scary. People wouldn't have this anticipation feeling when a camera is slowly panning in a dark hallway like we do now and it's all because of jumpscares.

Jumpscares are the most important part of horror movies, even if the movie itself doesn't have jumpscares. So it's extremely dishonest to claim jumpscares are "bad" as they are the sole reason horror as a movie genre can even exist and why any movie actually evokes fear in you while watching it.

>Jumpscares are necessary to create a scary movie and horror movies without jumpscares still exploit the fact that jumpscares exist, let me explain myself.

>Most of the tension a viewer has when watching a horror movie is the anticipation of a jumpscare. It's not the "Boo" that is making you scared. It's the anticipation and buildup towards that scare that is keeping you on your toes where you want to watch away from the screen. You're scared due to this feeling of anticipation.

>In movies without jumpscares they still use this anticipation of jumpscares to scare you only they don't actually deliver a jumpscare. It still works because when you go blindly into the movie you can't know if there will be a jumpscare or not. Therefor "movies without jumpscares" are actually just abusing the fact that most horror movies do in fact have jumpscares as a mechanic to scare you.

>In fact if we lived in a universe were jumpscares were never invented there would be no horror genre as nothing would actually be scary. People wouldn't have this anticipation feeling when a camera is slowly panning in a dark hallway like we do now and it's all because of jumpscares.

>Jumpscares are the most important part of horror movies, even if the movie itself doesn't have jumpscares. So it's extremely dishonest to claim jumpscares are "bad" as they are the sole reason horror as a movie genre can even exist and why any movie actually evokes fear in you while watching it.

Attached: 1560197007680.png (934x1029, 269K)