People won't stop telling me how this nurse is the greatest villain of all time

>people won't stop telling me how this nurse is the greatest villain of all time
>I finally watch the movie
>she's literally just a normal psych ward nurse

anyone have hypothesises for me why so many people lie to me about her being a great villain?

Attached: file.png (477x636, 446K)

I think people saw her as a great villain because she wasn’t so obvious about it. She was abusive to those in the hospital without being over the top. To many she would seem like a typical authority figure. But when you discover how she prevents those in the hospital from enjoyment you realize that her intentions are harmful.

Everyone is in this shithole is either from Reddit or 15 years old, neither of those categories habors enough intellectual curiosity to voluntarily sit down and watch a 2 hour movie from the 1970’s. It’s a damn shame too, this was a fantastic movie. Anyways, she was a villain and a great one at that.

despite being a total piece of shit, mcmurphy really was trying to help the other patients, and ratched resented him for taking away the control she had over them. she was clearly a sociopath that had carved her little kingdom in the world and he came along and upset it

How was McMurphy a total piece of shit?

wasn't he there because he plead insanity after a statutory rape charge?

She's much better in the book (I personally love both the book and the movie).

Oh shit yeah I remember now. But the way he explained it made it seem as if the girl lied to him about her age.

she was unreasonable when they voted on watching the baseball game. she could have just let them watch the game. why deprive the patients of normalcy? i'm surprised she didn't ban cigarettes.

Would plow

Actress played a similar character on Deep Space Nine.

look up the actress who played her. certified GILF

I like how you didn't actually contribute to this thread, but rather put yourself in rage over reddit and other imaginary zoomers lurking tv

This. She was hungry over control of everything. She was probably unfulfilled in her own personal life. Great movie. Should I watch this or the first Raime Spider-Man tonight?

McMurphy did literally nothing wrong.
>are you guys telling me you're in here VOLUNTARILY?! are you SHITTING ME?!

Pleas leave nigger. This was probable bait for faggots like you.

Take a risk and watch something new

People who mistreat the vulnerable should be beaten into the ground with hammers.

incels hate all women
The book was written by a hippie during the counterculture era. Nurse Rached represented The Man who tried to stifle all forms of individuality no matter how crazy - ironically this is also perhaps why in the book she is described as having massive jugs that she always tries to hide, since she is so part of the system that her femininity has been occluded by the institution of The Man

Attached: le Jack Nicholson face.gif (245x245, 1.26M)

She was trying to keep the patients from getting excited because they were all mental cases. Nurse Ratched did nothing wrong.

I hope you have a kid who grows up to have mental health issues
Not literally

I want to repeatedly stick my penis into her vagina until climaxe, if you understand what I'm saying.

Attached: BWIB4gk.jpg (550x356, 19K)

Ken Kesey didn't believe in insanity, all the nutjobs in One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest are supposed to be "misunderstood."

>ywn be a strong-retard who violently rapes her one day

That would be too kind for some.

Is Nurse Ratched the thinking man's waifu?

whatever I thought I learned from this movie/novel has been obliterated by all of the drug addict bums I see on a daily basis

throw them into forced rehab and monitor everything they do

>You had sex with a girl? What would your mom think? You should kill yourself

What did shit mean by this?

she wasn't a roastie enabler

It was made in an era where movies still had some subtlety, because audiences weren't completely fucktarded third world trash who can't speak english anyways and have the attention span of 2 year olds.

Maybe if you had a controlling mother and all the weird submissive fetishes associated with that.

t. probably never had a drug issue

>Nurse Ratched did nothing wrong.
She should've gassed them

no shit

t. never got mogged by dirty crazy bums for cigs and change

>let's vote
>well the baseball idea got voted down by the majority
>therefore nurse ratchet is evil

fucking sportsball fans, I loved seeing those idiots get btfo

I've been asked for change before. Generally homeless people here don't pose a problem, even if many have drug issues

McMurphy wasn't a retard.
He felt that when she directly caused Billy's suicide he had to go nuclear.
she was an uppity cunt, secure in the fact she was untouchable in her "authority".
McMurphy showed her to be only human in front of the whole room.
while the black boys just stood there and watched

they only do that if you look weak

The book goes into greater detail, with stuff that is only implied in the movie, for why Nurse Ratchet is queen of the villains.

She's a bitter, never touched virgin cunt who took a job at a mental institution where the inmates were 100% at her mercy.

She basically uses her position to terrorize her victims (who in the book were not THAT bad; eccentrics that acted up yes, but for the most part were model mental ward patients who would be considered minimum security types) and keeps them terrified beyond belief so they don't act up, PERIOD. Which impresses her bosses, who think there is no such thing as degrees of madness and keep giving her free reign.

Also, in the book she exclusively hires black thugs as her orderlies. Partly because they are so grateful for the work, they are 100% loyal to her and she gives them free reign to brutalize the white patients trapped under her care.

mcmurphy didn't rape her either?

the book doesn't matter

go away bookman

Attached: hto.png (865x807, 884K)

no, he definitely raped her.

>cringey post
>anime reaction image
checks out

nope

okay, why do you think not?

because it didn't happen? there is no reason to believe it did.

>Also, in the book she exclusively hires black thugs as her orderlies
wtf I hate nurse Ratched now

They self insert as nicholson character with the teenage idea of "rebellion". You know, the guy who is so clever, smarter than those old farts and docs in institutions, a guy so witty who can go against rules (because rules sucks!) and who is so smart (because he has real experience you know, like real life) that he can cure mental illness patients... "just be yourself, be free!" and that's it! you are healed now!.

>let the patients decide the activities
Genius.

i see plenty of reason.

Attached: 1987439872.jpg (821x499, 257K)

dumb bootlicker

such as?

She killed Billy. She killed him with shame and callously sticking to "procedure" instead of being what she's supposed to be, and she did it for the love of being in control.

The mind of a 12 years old with the 'knowledge' of mental health issues acquired watching movies and tv. Classic.

This. Mac was /ourguy/.

This
You should just take your meds like how Doctor Pedobergstein tells you to

*chokes you*

There's more going on there than that - keep in mind her ultimate comeuppance in the book - her top is ripped off revealing her bare knockers.

I'd sure love to get to know and feel the physical and emotional warmth of another human being if you know what i am saying

Attached: 016_1_10.jpg (2635x3304, 428K)

you're an idiot.

you should join Islam user you might be happier

t. summerfag

is this real

Attached: 1488760099353.jpg (600x1250, 114K)

>anime bad
>this level of ignorance of where you are
Go back, tourist.

When you're mentally ill your biggest enemies are things like psych ward nurses, therapists, and chicken restaurants

>people
>won’t stop
Yeah nah

>People around the internet aren't smart enough for this movie, but I am
>It's a good movie
>She's a good villain

Thank God for your insight.

This makes my pagh very strong

Incorrect. She's the template for every woman in authority that I've ever come across. She cared far more about being shown respect and being obeyed to the letter than doing her goddamned job.

Women really shouldn't be teachers. At least not beyond kindergarten.

Why does everyone forget she literally drove a mentally unstable boy with an abusive mother to suicide by threatening him with his mother?

I don't think OP actually watched the film.

He deserved it for giving into a roastie

The book and the movie suck when subjected to any kind of real critical analysis. It should be disqualified from status as a classic.

Excellent analysis user. Now Avengers Endgame, THAT'S a classic.

This is now a Taber thread

Attached: tumblr_m3eo09HojA1qbbjkio2_250.gif (166x208, 252K)

God, he was so fucking great in this.

>nurse RATCHET exclusively employs niggers
heueheuhehe

Attached: 5743.gif (500x280, 976K)

lmao

>Normal Psyche Ward

She sent him for shock therapy knowing it would render him brain dead. He was a fucking criminal who didn't belong in there in the first place and she might as well had killed him.
Women with power turn tyrannical. That is what the movie is trying to convey.

Fucking this. She is sociopathic.

Agreed. His debut role, stole every scene

Attached: tumblr_m3eo09HojA1qbbjkio5_r1_250.gif (166x208, 671K)

One of the shittiest posts of the day

So she is a "progressive" in other words.

It's Ratched not Ratchet. Nurse Ratchet is from the Futurama parody. She's a robot, so it's ratchet, like a wrench.

>dude they're not crazy they're just misunderstood and totally not dangerous
As strange as the world may seem today, the sixties, seventies and eighties must have been a weird fucking time to be alive. Thank goodness this perception of mental illness eventually disappeared.