Child's Play AMA

Just got out of an early screening, does anyone even care?

Attached: child's play 2019.jpg (184x273, 8K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/q3Ypea8cvPw
youtube.com/watch?v=YNjCEimjX_4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

was it good?

Have sex.

Did you throw your trash on the floor for wagies to clean up?

I was actually

Getting some tomorrow actually, but thanks for the advice

do we have any Joker references?

Based.

Attached: Child-s-Play-childs-play-22633760-2560-1702.jpg (615x615, 101K)

No brought it over to the trash can, I'm classy like that

only in the sense that Chucky had a murderous homoerotic interest in Andy

Anyone want to post the trailer. I remember being bretty good

Any cameo from someone ?

Is it paranormal or is it just the wi-fi fucking up real bad ?

Who dies and how?

how did aubrey plaza do?

the entire plot synposis is on wikipedia btw

what about star wars references?

No cameos from anyone I spotted

as for why Chucky is a killer in the reboot At the assembly factory in Vietnam one of the floor workers gets fired for daydreaming on the job. He then proceeds to remove all safety protocols from that unit, the jumps off a roof and kills himself. Chucky becomes murderous from a combination of bad programming and observing kids acting violently and not realizing that it isn't ok to do that

>murderous homoerotic interest in Andy

do we get a scene with chucky attacking andy while he's taking a bath?

Nu-Chucky literally has no soul. Original Chucky had the soul of a serial killer, while the new 2019 shit Chucky is just a rogue AI

Attached: 1559951234485.jpg (2164x1332, 550K)

>not paranormal

fuck that

Does andy defeat chucky or the mom? Spoil it please

>and observing kids acting violently

Where did he watch those kids? Vietnam?

A Cat

Mom's boyfriend, he has a family and he is fucking Plaza on the side. Chucky knocks him off a ladder, he shatters his ankles, chucky then runs him over with some kind of ditch digger

Lead Cop's Mom, he causes a car crash then sneaks into the car and finishes her off

Andy's Mom's Boss, stabs him in the neck and lets him bleed out over this high screeching girl

Random shoppers at the store

obviously they are gonna aim for the Skynet Cinematic Universe

>I remember being bretty good
The new "Remake" basically just race swaps the original characters. There will even be a few black Good Guy dolls in the new cash grab remake.

It's basically Child's Play (1988) + Diversity = Better

Attached: 1540486632274.jpg (1363x532, 196K)

it is a team effort, Andy stabs Chucky in his battery, but it doesn't kill him, a cop then shoots him, followed by Plaza ripping off Chucky's head using mom rage. The remains of Chucky are taken by Andy and his friends who hammer the pieces and then burn them since they thought they deactivated him before earlier in the film

Also nu-Chucky doesn't come to life with the help of Voodoo magic. Basically, some fat incel who lives in his moms basement hacks the dolls computer chip, and makes it do bad things. The doll eventually goes haywire, turns on the fat middle aged white loser, and kills him.

Attached: HAVE SEX INCEL.jpg (1210x814, 47K)

I just can't take Child's Play seriously. A little doll should be nowhere as strong to cause so much harm.

it's why i like the dark comedy movies more than the originals.

how about you shut the fuck up you pathetic fanboy

How is Hamill's voicework?

No the fat incel was watching Plaza on secret cameras and trying to jack off, he was gonna sell Chucky on Ebay but then Chucky murderlated him, this happens about mid way in the film, Chucky has already been killing by then, which reminders me I forgot one kill

kills the fat incel with a table saw to the genitals

suitably creepy, he keeps singing an incredibly unnerving song through the movie

How does he finish her off?

she's trapped in the car, he plays a drawn out game of peek a boo, eventually he just comes out of nowhere and stabs her in the heart

Is Aubrey Plaza a convincing mommy?

>Mark Hamill as Chucky
There can only be one!

Attached: 1559951234485.jpg (1297x1019, 79K)

this is a tricky question, because she is now of age to play a convincing milf. She portrays Andy's mom as being immature and prefers the company of her boyfriend to dealing with her son's issues, she really only focuses on Andy once the boyfriend is killed. I don't know if this all played out because of Plaza's quirky personality or because Andy's mom was written as being a pretty bad mom. Let there be no mistake though I would murder a room full of toddlers for one night with her though, she looked especially hot as Chucky's prisoner with a frantic look in her eyes and her hair all messy and covered in blood

he's not the bad guy, just a creepy incel who dies a brutal death

So same shit as in Ghostbusters 2016. A problematic fat white incel turns out to be the bad guy.

Attached: Ghostbusters 1466209400339p.jpg (1057x2457, 438K)

hit a little too close to home for you?

>a creepy incel who dies a brutal death
So who was in the wrong here? Fake new chucky AI doll or the fat guy trying to jerk off?

It's heavily implied that Chucky killed him because he left him on a table with his chest open until a new battery came in the mail, it just so happened that he chose to kill him while he was distracted trying to masturbate to Plaza, a weakness most of us have

Getting some tomorrow actually, but thanks for the concern.

Attached: budbundy faustino.jpg (250x244, 11K)

Is it better or worse than the original?

personally the original was better because the doll being possessed by a serial killer had more personality, the remake however is solid

I liked the original more but still found this one good

This dude looks like the toothless kid from stranger things grown up.

The boy Gabriel Bateman is insanely handsome.

Faggot

Did chucky actually die or there's hope for a sequel?

Also is chucky after Andy for a reason at all? or is just andy after chucky?

Attached: 1508776575204.jpg (1024x768, 60K)

The ending hints that the worker may have tampered with more than one doll. Chucky is after Andy because he imprinted on him to be his best friend. His kills are due to a combination of trying to make Andy's musing wishes come true and to eliminate any competition for Andy's affections

>His kills are due to a combination of trying to make Andy's musing wishes come true and to eliminate any competition for Andy's affections
this is nice
Chucky just want to be andy bro

Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2

ok to anyone who saw it
is it better than the last 7? Moving away that there's no serial killer anymore. Is it a good movie?

Attached: 1557434135726.gif (285x279, 2.05M)

It's better than the Bride and Seed

I honestly loved the remake Buddi was a QT, call me low IQ or whatever, but it was pretty enjoyable. Bear's score was great

Attached: 1558329930347.gif (800x450, 2.59M)

it is a solid movie

>It's better than the Bride and Seed
That's a very low line to surpass

Please tell me there's a reference of Chucky's buddu chore he tried to say every fucking movie. There has to be at least one.

Attached: 1560107799568.png (338x432, 260K)

What exactly did chucky do that gave u that idea?

he's killing everyone that could take he away from him

he stayed up all night and watched him sleep with a weird ass smile on his face

>Chucky's buddu chore
it's been a long ass time, what the fuck is this?

>it's been a long ass time, what the fuck is this?
all the shit he said every time he tried to take andy body

I think it holds up well, yes the design of chucky is atrocious but Hamill gives his best, probably above the later sequels, maybe even 3, it think its a tie with Curse which I really really like

oh the voodoo speak, no there's no magic in this, Chucky is an evil murder robot with bluetooth connectivity

damballa DAMBALLAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!
youtu.be/q3Ypea8cvPw

Are there any funny scenes?
I'm expecting something close to IT talking about funny moments.

Attached: 1560230038964.png (234x342, 32K)

kys

the best scene in the whole movie is after Chucky kills the boyfriend, he steals his face and nails it to a watermelon. He brings it to Andy and leaves it in his room wrapped in a bow. Andy and his friends react in a comically/horrific manner to it and plot on how to get rid of it

>He brings it to Andy and leaves it in his room wrapped in a bow
why tho?
> Andy and his friends react in a comically/horrific manner to it and plot on how to get rid of it
So is IT kids moments shit. Great.

why tho?

because in a rage Andy had wished for the boyfriend to disappear and leave him and his Mom alone, Chucky made it happen and wanted to give Andy a gift at the same time

nice

Is it worth watching at all? I've never seen any of the original films and don't plan on it because I think dolls are creepy and gross, this one looks like a robot though so I can stomach looking at it.

My main takeaway was that it felt like such a convoluted set up just to get back to a child's doll violently murdering people, and while it's not horrible, it's an uncomfortable amount of legwork to ask the audience to do when the whole "Murderer's spirit possesses the doll" schtick is dead simple and works great. I shouldn't be thinking "Why would an 8 year old's doll need advanced AI and the ability to order an Uber" during the set up to the kills. The entire thing comes off like a shitty Black Mirror episode where they need to put technology everywhere for no good reason
This Chucky also doesn't seem like he has any special personality, certainly nothing on what the original. He's crazy because the AI is obsessed with the kid for some reason, and as far as dialogue goes he's just a murderous parrot, repeating phrases he's heard out of context in a way that never feels like there's a sentient entity saying them

Early screening?
The movie came out today, how was it an early screening?

If you can get a ticket for 10$ or less, than do it. It's kind of a bad movie, but there are funny moments.

>If you can get a ticket for 10$ or less, than do it. It's kind of a bad movie, but there are funny moments.
I'll probably go see Anna and sneak into this after.

I didn't even realize this was a thing. Is the doll a practical effect at least? Making him CGI would ruin what makes him creepy.

He almost played the Joker in Tim Burton's movies too

Where would you put it in a ranking of all the child's play movies?

>no voodoo
Fuck this gay shit

There’s no doubt Toy Story 4 will completely demolish Child's Play this weekend at the box office, but man I absolutely love the way they’ve marketed Chucky

Attached: D9RzOhzWkAIni9C.jpg (1382x2047, 332K)

Attached: D9RzOhiXUAYcbJn.jpg (1382x2047, 371K)

Attached: D9RzOhsXsAIvN6k.jpg (1382x2047, 386K)

Attached: D9RzOhhW4AEmvuo.jpg (1382x2047, 382K)

whats chuckys motivation to keep following andy around?
in the original, chucky needed his body since andy was the one he revealed himself to. whats the point now?

I liked it. The AI elements had things that were pretty cool

Like when he stares at Andy with a normal smile while replaying the sound of him murdering the family cat

In the first half it's because he's andys buddi robot friend
In the second half it's because if he can't be andys friend no one can

>get Chucky doll
>it goes missing
Honestly, I'd just burn down that entire theater at that point

Attached: D81wGrtUcAA1V_M.jpg (720x897, 101K)

>Bride and Seed
Formerly Chucky's

Does he have any personality at all, let alone comparable to the original? Does he speak much?
Hamill's a talented voice actor, so it'd be a waste if he doesn't get a few good lines.

I enjoyed it. Had a good combination of horror from the original, with a touch of comedy from Seed/ Bride.
Also maybe it's just me, but I felt strangely sympathetic towards Chucky prior to the boyfriends death.

All that said however, I felt it was pointless to make Andy deaf since it literally added nothing to the plot or climax. Also the final scene was rushed as fuck

Attached: 1555217569939.png (431x431, 113K)

Not really, the movie is about him developing one.

why are people saying Audrey plaza is hot all of the sudden?

that no ass, no tits, horse teeth bitch face actress, surely you guys cant be serious

you have to be a faggot to like a woman with the body of a tranny

Figure wise, she's painfully average. But she does have a cute face.
She's like the girl in your circle of friends who everyone kinda wants to fuck

gay as fuck
feels like an edgy 13 year old came up with this

i kinda get the whole "local friend you wanna fuck"

but anons in the other thread were calling her goddess and perfect and stupid shit like that.
like if she was 10 out of 10 orsomething.

Then it hit it's demographic

What the fuck? Haha now I got to see this

The original series is a classic.

I actually prefer the right design and the rogue AI take. You're a pleb.

>LOOK AT ME! LOOK AT ME! LOOK AT ME!
So desperate.

t. zoomer.

Attached: LA20FIANCEE20DE20CHUCKY20101.jpg (671x569, 60K)

>I actually prefer the right design

Attached: D84cUdvW4AArXaj.png (332x417, 139K)

In the originals most of his kills are within the realm of possibility, he almost exclusively sneaks up on people or sets up traps. And he gets taken down by shoes and boxes too, only the first movie is super serious

How does an incel get that smart? There are tons of nerds who aren't even incels but are philosophers who write books and code video games. A lot of the depictions of incels tend to be people of low i.q. griping about how they don't have sex with women.

I have no friends.

Attached: 1554450147157 (1).jpg (413x407, 40K)

that was one of the worst moments in this stupid movie, them letting that fat kid ad lib shit that made no sense and wasn't funny
>it's winking at me!
>why does it have to be fruit?!
>pretending to retch
>why did we use gift wrap?
I fucking hated this movie
it really thinks it's smart, and is much more interested in trying to be funny than anything else
it's BARELY above Seed as worst in the franchise, it makes 3 look amazing

They had toy story 4 drop the same week they released. Marketing like this is the best way they had to try and get attention for it.

Hes a criminal possessing a doll via magic voodoo and in the recent latter films he can literally do shit like split his soul to be in multiple dolls at once and all kinds of shit.

>they need to put technology everywhere for no good reason

The idea of an ai or just some asshole who can acess smart devices and uses them to kill or fuck with people is actually horrifying.

You can already get a shit ton of devices that are interconnected like this and smart homes are seriously starting to become a thing people have its still only viable for rich assholes atm though.

The idea of a company like this have a bunch of products they make designed to all interconnect like this is not impossible or crazy, Give it a decade and this is going to be way more common.

If someone could access all your devices in your house and use it to listen in on you, fuck with your food, fuck with the locks on your house, fuck with your water heater, fuck with heating and cooling, talk directly to your kids or listen to them, disable a smart connected disability tool like a mobility scooter or hearing aid or your smart self driving car.

Shits like this actually is a modern nightmare we may face soon. People have already found ways to exploit and access tools used to let doctors perform remote surgery. Its possible for some asshole to fuck with your life saving surgery a doctor is doing from the other side of the world.

I watched the original recently and my god the main kid is so fucking obnoxious.

She isn't a 10/10 but she isn't any worse then a 6/10 and she makes up for it with personality and a likely willingness to try just about anything, ANYTHING

>Bear's score was great
He seemed to have a blast making that soundtrack.
youtube.com/watch?v=YNjCEimjX_4