We didn't deserve this kino

We didn't deserve this kino

Attached: Burning_Godzilla .jpg (1099x480, 53K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4pHmlqawBB0
youtube.com/watch?v=PJJPiiTIeQw
youtube.com/watch?v=vimZj8HW0Kg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Saw it twice, loved it. I seriously don't understand why the critics hate it so much.

Seen it 3 times already. They hate it because its not disney sanctioned capeshit

>I seriously don't understand why the critics hate it so much.
Literally every complaint people had is horseshit.
> Human's made stupid decisions?
WHEN? Vera siding with the bad guys? That's the whole point that she has lost her way.
> Rain/Storm clouds fight, this is true... but it's still 50 times clearer then 2014's fights were especially 2014's preposterously fucking dark Blu Ray transfer.
> Cringy humor
Bull, Bradley Whitford's character was fun but never had any outright childish or cringy lines and neither he nor any other jokes interrupted dire dead serious scenes like in the fucking Mcu. The Gonorrhea line by the other guy is the worst joke we get and nothing else comes close to being as bad.

Who would win, meltdown Godzilla or Shin Godzilla?

Fire Godzilla in an instant became the most powerful live action incarnation by a longshot.

Considering this version is taller then shin and can go full meltdown. probably Burning G

This film was absolutely cartonish and I loved every second of it.

I really enjoyed it. Could’ve done with a little less dialogue and a little more rompin stompin monster action, but the fight scenes they did were really enjoyable. I love the scene where rodan chases the jets

>Leaves the entire east coast a molten pile of irradiated slag that will take hundreds of thousands of years to even consider re-inhabiting
Th-thanks big guy......

>Fire Godzilla in an instant became the most powerful live action incarnation by a longshot.
*blocks your path*

Attached: Burning Godzilla vs Destroyah.gif (450x242, 1.92M)

You didn't see a gigantic radioactive lizard. You didn't!

actually going bu what they say in the movie its going to turn into a prehistoric-esque lush forest

The muh family trope is getting really old and it's always the same shit

I torrented a Chinese cam version and thought it sucked.

Even by Godzilla standards, this movie was dumb. Really shows what a number capeshit has done on audience's brains that this movie gets hailed around here.

This part was kino, loved how scared Ghidorah was.

I think Fire Godzilla is stronger than Burning Godzilla. Fire Godzilla has more melee ability and bulk than Burning while Burning is literally dying.

everyone who loved this movie
>thinks you can drown on dry land in a bathtub with no water
>is a gay quipping uncle
>lets their child hold their guns

Attached: Reaction image.png (1920x1077, 3.84M)

>Vera siding with the bad guys? That's the whole point that she has lost her way.
Literal "you don't get it it's supposed to be retarded" defense. The dad also "lost his way" and you didn't see him trying to destroy the world

BURNING GODZILLA?!

Attached: 1531566593010.png (632x756, 16K)

DESUTROOOOOOYAAAAAAAAH!!!!!

Attached: 1519014658378.png (732x772, 34K)

the movie exposed their masters plan

samefag

Apparently monster radiation promotes wildlife growth

Burning Legendary Godzilla would vaporize him. Now Heisei Burning Godzilla might be a diff story considering he fought a living oxygen destroyer and was going to destroy the world from going thermonuclear

King Ghidorah > Destroyah

Attached: King Ghidorah expressions.jpg (725x1024, 113K)

Doesn't Godzilla's radiation have a really short half life?

This movie was such fucking shit. There was not a single (human) character who I was interested in or wanted to live. The gigantic jet base thing was incredibly homosexual and it shouldve been an obvious target for destruction instead of tiny fighters. There was so little actual monster fighting/footage, and when there was, half of it was against plot armored protagonists, again cucking what were supposedly powerful monsters, relegating them to "lol just outrun their damage". The retard kid gets hit by a giant slab of concrete and just keeps walking, Vera is a bitch (one of the few good scenes with humans is when this is pointed out), they kept using the same fucking drake lookalike soldier for fucking everything, and gorilla lady was such a distractingly awful actor that every scene with her was lesser. Fuck this piece of shit. Also they only showed the mammoth creature like once and it was one of the best ones

This movie is ahead of his time.

Attached: 1560789592561.jpg (2349x1200, 446K)

I liked this movie a lot but the CGI on Monster Zero was glaringly bad. Why was it so bad compared to all the other monsters?

they hate everything good..this has been the norm for decades

>Literal "you don't get it it's supposed to be retarded" defense
Becoming a extremist radical isn't "retarded" in the way you mean. People go too far for their "greater good" causes in real life all the time.
The dad got depressed and sad, she buried herself in her work and so her ideology was magnified.

Anyone have a picture of the front-facing shot where King Ghidora is standing with his wings spread on the volcano? Also I'd like the one where he shoots lightning from all over his wings after eating a power station.

This dude was cringey, but honestly, not anymore cringey than much humor, including rdj

Attached: godzillabar640-1.jpg (640x360, 42K)

I'm lite on Godzilla lore/movies, but I recognized a number of the callbacks and such. I really enjoyed this film.
It needs more Mothra though.
Do you think the egg will hatch into a reincarnated Mothra, or Mothra Leo?

Attached: MothraGrub.gif (134x79, 1K)

the movie was shit

Now where's that critters in Yea Forums with ghidorah?

I made 4 Hedorah webms today. I hope you guys enjoy them.

Attached: Ghidorah the Explorer.png (573x726, 1.14M)

i dont get why 2014 reviewed good but this didnt. that movie had shitty human characters, bad acting, AND no monster fights

This movie was extremely based and I loved every second of it. It left my theatre already, but I'm hype for the DVD release

Am I the only one that loved this one and 2014?

This movie was dumb than I wanted to rewatch the 1st act of 2014 Godzilla. Also stop fucking cutting into humans during fights.

Hold the fuck up, how is King Kong going to fight this dude? Like, what the fuck.

Actually my favourite movie of the year, fuck Endgame, also all I hear "bad" about the movie is that it got too much monster fights... DUDE, WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU EVEN HERE, I personally think it had too little monster fights, the hell, still pretty damn good.

I love both in the sense they both perfectly capture the 2 tones a godzilla movie can take. 2014 did a good job of being the more darker and serious nuclear commentary movie. Though killing cranston so early and not having enough godzilla was a huge mistake

While KOTM is the perfect big dumb loud fun kaiju wrestling match movie

FUCK TRANNIES FUCK CRITICS FUCK DISNEY AND FUCK HOLLYWOOD!

Attached: Screenshot_2019-06-21-00-55-42-1.png (366x559, 154K)

IMAGINE PAYING TO SEE A MOVIE MULTIPLE TIMES
IMAGINE SUCKING CORPORATE DICK THAT HARD

imagine being this much of a loathsome faggot

>smiles when godzilla shows up
>freaks out and starts screaming and crying when they start fighting
uh what did she think was going to happen? godzilla was going to talk ghidorah to death?
What the FUCK was her problem?

Attached: IMG_20190621_010456_01.png (620x352, 261K)

IMAGINE THINKING THAT GIVING BILLIONAIRES MORE MONEY FOR THEIR SHIT MOVIES MAKES YOU MORALLY SUPERIOR

>*pulses at you without moving*

>godzilla dabs on San Francisco in 2014
>turns around the next movie and dabs on Boston

why does he hate leftists so much?

She was emoting at green screens and had no idea what was going on, so she just cycled through her emotive script routine on a loop.

It was bad

>2019
>I am forgotten

Liberal critics couldn't handle their AIDS hubs being irradiated so they had to review this badly

Attached: Burning Godzilla.webm (640x360, 2.5M)

I haven't forgotten it, because I keep kicking myself that I wasted $20 on this shit because my friend had to see it in a special theater, that was really just disgusting as shit and the "imax" screen was so far away from the seats it was like I was watching tv at home

mfw this scene

Attached: 1486939446901.jpg (600x600, 48K)

Even if I liked 2014, I don't understand how now it's "praised" because of KOTM

KOTM is one those sequels better than the "original" and yet people are treating it like it's Pacific Rim Uprising

Attached: 1559235298269.jpg (800x600, 512K)

>tfw everything starts melting
my dick hard

fuck this movie. watch shin godzilla instead

Millie finna get dabbed on by based Finn

Attached: 1510550980559.webm (400x224, 2.49M)

Did you go to a Regal “imax” too?

RO
DAN

Almost as good as ripping open that giant bug's jaws to blast radiation into its mouth.

Wrong thread

youtube.com/watch?v=4pHmlqawBB0

Attached: Ghidorah KOTM.png (1219x663, 953K)

5 minutes of kino monsters for every 30 minutes of garbage plot and human characters
Don't get why the public loves it and the critics all hate it, it was pretty mediocre with a few kino shots and spectacle, barely enough to carry the movie

Everything about and around the monsters. What we see and don't see. The characterization and the mythos was done with great respect. It's a good continuity overall.

did he step on a Lion King poster?

it was way better since ghidorah is actually cool

It's complete trash. Seriously. Who the fuck are you people?

that's stupid

shills, just wait until its put onto public trackers, people will be laughing at it instead.

I thought it was pretty bad and i really liked the original.

Attached: 1560212951574.jpg (750x750, 213K)

If you want to continue the trope of shitty human actors in Godzilla movies than this does it.

>that entire plot involving the mom

Literally nothing she did made any sense

>"im gonna save the world by killing everybody!!"
>"no no no why is everybody dying this isnt right!

Me too, man. I loved the hell out of it.

We don't know for sure, but once thing is clear:
Let them fight.

I cant stand her to save my life. Hence why i wont watch stranger things.

Shin

why for the fuck's sake in all mainstream movie there is a femenist propaganda tropes ?

I can't unironically watch any new flicks anymore.

All in all - movie looks okay-ish in parts where the monsters are. But this "stronk womyn" TM story-line feels like a fat insert.

To which profit it is done to show and normalize incomplete families ? Weak\dumb father figures ?

Attached: 1_sr3aL6s2JyXUHIvhYXw5Dw.jpg (960x540, 53K)

>the scene where they hit godzilla with a nuke to make him MORE powerful.

Attached: 1560901834662.jpg (625x720, 95K)

Ghidorah is an alien and won't benefit nature. He will destroy all life.

but the father figure was based and right the whole time in this one

>the woman did the most woman thing i think ive ever seen in a movie

At least they nailed the wifes character

No it's not.

No , even if we skip all blue-pilled bs , essentially - father was against all monsters and admitted that wife was right in the end.

And mommy takes no damage from fucking up family and releasing ancient monster.

no they aren't . In real life single moms are disaster. And the only profit they have is from extracting wealth from fathers by law. And I'm even not touching how fucked up kid will be to grow in such circumstances.

Yes

have sex olol

Attached: quotesaboutsex7.jpg (170x41, 3K)

hand yourself tranny

>”how many monsters are there?”
>”seventeen”
>”well, that’s not great but it’s not terrible”

she wanted to bring each one out one at a time so the world can coexist with them
literally no one (but Jonah who I think is a Xilien) knew Ghidorah would mass awaken everyone to destroy everything

I wish I had gotten the chance to see it again. I think the last theater in my city stopped playing it yesterday.

Attached: 1559273636092.jpg (1125x1332, 177K)

What about final wars one?

I deserve it. And not only that, but I deserve more, so much more.

I felt lukewarm towards the movie after seeing it the first time, decided to go in again for one of the last showings (very cheap tickets) and liked it a lot more, probably because I didn't have such huge expectations anymore.

Attached: 1544816432888.png (401x322, 249K)

I thought it was weird they set up the ticking clock at the end, and then ignored it. "he's gonna blow up in xxx minutes!" But then he doesn't, and it seems like Mothra sacrificing herself is what sets it off instead?

Imagine being so poor you can't go to see a movie you like. Get a job and some friends.

The movie was trash. Not even the monster fight could've saved it.

This is honestly top 3 scenes of 2010s cinema, along with the interstellar docking scene and purple Joi.

You misunderstand something, people that enjoy all Godzilla movies enjoyed even the horribly dubbed earlier movies when Godzilla was called Gigantis in the US
This is a masterpiece in comparison, hence the hype
You've either never seen a Godzilla movie other than the 3-4 really big ones, or even worse you've only seen Anno's anti-Godzilla movie

Except the Japanese guy is one of the best actors working right now and have a great performance

Because it's not a good movie.

I don't really understand what Mothra's sacrifice exactly did, she gave him the energy to get back up, but she also seems to have supercharged the explosion that he was going to make anyways.

I think if she hadn't gotten him back up though, Ghidorah would have absorbed all of Godzilla's energy before he could explode making Ghidorah even stronger than he already was

I swear this movie is 90% medium shots or closeups.

>post yfw Bear does this theme in Vs Kong
youtube.com/watch?v=PJJPiiTIeQw

The only thing bad about this movie was the maymay reddit quip scientist, everything else was great

I was fine with him because everyone treats him like a retard and the Dad obviously hates him unless you mean the old guy.

Seen it twice. Loved the Kaiju scenes and anything with sarizawa. The human parts were dreadful doe. When it releases Imma cut out the humans and post online

Definitely burning Zilla. Come on it two shot fucking king ghidora and it's Regen. It's so bloody op.

Garbage: everything was floaty, the movie was bloated with nonsense, OH MY ATOMIC BODY cop out, only wolf photographer knew shit about animals, a lot of garbage cinematography (the shots of just straight up gojira portrait were so retarded), the effect kaju's had on environmnet was inconsistent: roden had great sequence where everything scattered near where he flew but when gojira flapped it's tail near submarine it did just a little splash, after the first kaju hijacking every other one wasn't killed, and why do humans have a power to kill them, and even more, what was exactly the argument of keeping them alive? I can understand something like "because they seem to be our allies and we don't know what else can come from space in the future" but it was never brought up, it was all nippon "kaju good human bad". When the guy was looking for his daughter he shouted like twice for her at stadium and then was all "welp she isnt here sure she isn't dead and i shouldn't look for her more". And why wasn't mom allowed to leave the organization after everything was in place?

These may sound like nitpicks but this was the whole movie: much yappering about nothing with floaty cgi (mothra a qt though). The most engaging part were the credits where through news articles we were shown some interesting parts of how society was changing by exploring properties of kaju's bodies.

Theres not enough monster shit in this movie. All gcells know it, but we dont want to admit it.
The monster scenes were fucking spectacular, so spectacular that I wouldnt mind seeing 10 extra minutes of Godzilla just lumbering around.
They overused the human POV perspective. One of the best shots was when Godzilla and Ghidorah first meet and are seen straight on from the side.
I loved Rodan bowing down at the end, but that was one the corniest scenes ive ever seen in a Godzilla movie.

Dougherty kept saying he is a huge fan. He promised a Monster Opera, and we got a family movie instead.

And they REALLY didnt want to show off Methusela or whatever that mountain from germany was. They used that shot of him awakening in every trailer, yet gave him no screen time compared to the others.

I've seen every single Godzilla film multiple times, I have rips of all the subtitled Jap versions. KotM and 2014 sucked unbelievably. Some of the worst films I have ever seen in the theater. I already forgot everything about them. I started to feel the boredom sink in about 5 minutes into KotM. You guys who enjoy this shit are complete idiots, and the fact that you have the gall to insinuate that anyone who doesn't like them is "not a real Godzilla" fan proves that you are either a shill or an autistic 16 year old faggot. So fuck you, enjoy your shitty cartoon movies.

The movie essentialy remade both scenarios where Godzilla died. First Oxygen Destroyer but Godzilla survived by diving to his home and was healed by Serizawa but he absorbed so much radiation he was supposed to explode (his 2nd death in Destoroyah) but Mothra's sacrificed allowed him to release the energy in his burning form thank to Mothra's spirit. Afterwards he was back to normal.

Oh I hadn't even considered the idea that he was going to die from this explosion like in Destoroyah, the fact that he still exploded made me think that was what the threat was all the time. I thought Mothra's sacrifice was meant to be like Rodan's like in vs Mechagodzilla II

2014 was better because it was actually meant to be a well conceived movie before even considering its about Godzilla. You can complain about that and say the director wasn't respecting the franchise or whatever but it felt like actually watching a film with a real arc, despite the flaws. The maker of KOTM apparently took the fact that people like the goofiness of the old films and tried to channel that with tired hollywood cliches and contrivances while paced and shot like a Transformers movie. This movie gave me Emmerich flashbacks many times and overall was a dreadful experience.

Yeah we got more monster fights, but they were sandwiched in between a plot that was so distracting in how bad it was that it spoiled all the action scenes and gave them no pretty set up or space to get hyped for. And each time the scenes were constantly interrupted with human bullshit. The pacing is rushed and it still felt like way too much time on human characters that are straight up unlikable. Rodan's scene was probably the best part, but ultimately served no real purpose in the greater story. Mothra was in the film for like a minute. It had many classic references to the old films, but they were just that, references; most of it didn't do anything for the actual story.

For the complaints of reboots and pandering to fans with unnecessary references in place of a good story, Kaiju fans seemed to be the most easy to fool. Just give a nod to the twins and they will watch Transforms trash all day. You can have a big monster bash movie that isn't trying to be smart, but quality still matters.

Sad and Hard Truth.

>he likes old Godzilla movies

Yeesh, you're embarrassing.

Agreed, the plot with humans and the ORCA device was incredibly weak, I can't believe this is all they could come up with.

Yep

No. Monsterverse is better than the sum of its parts. Humans may be mostly weak but that we've seen before. However the role of the monsters in this universe, their relationship to one another, humans and the ecosystem that's all fresh and done on a grand scale. People already generally like it but it reminds me a bit of the Final Wars situation. It was hated but time has passed and now it's seen as pretty unique and cool despite having some noticeable flaws. For me the saving grace of Monsterverse is not action but the way monsters are presented (you could say they have an arc) in the context of this world. I find it unique and respectable if anything GvK might be the one that doesn't progress it in any meaningful way in which case even better humans and action won't help.

Im not even a godzilla fan and i like this better than the 2014 one. This was actually halfway decent and fulfilling to watch.

This user completely gets it, down to the GvK worries. Hopefully that movie will have a bit more substance than it sounds like

>And mommy takes no damage from fucking up family and releasing ancient monster
She literally dies

>Monsterverse is better than the sum of its parts.
Man, I fucking wish. I really do, but I dont believe that anymore.

2014 for all It's faults tried to do something relatively new with a godzilla movie. The jaws teasing went overboard in some places but it had much more gravitas than kotm by a mile. The frustrating part is that had serizawa actually had been the majority of the story with the family in the background it could have been legitmately great.

Attached: godzilla_2014___2019_comparison_by_awesomeness360_dd3w5vt-pre.jpg (1385x577, 106K)

I saw it 4 times and I don't know what to think about it.

yeah its just chinese sanctioned monster capeshit

Go see it one more time.

>admitted that wife was right in the end.

>'You are out of your goddamn mind'
>'it's not all math, some things you can't control'
>unleashes King Ghidorah and can't control him and has to kill herself to atone for it all

Attached: 1556749526645.jpg (812x760, 67K)

No nigger protagonists apart from some peripheral characters. No agenda politics. Makes environmentalists into the villains. Millie Bobby Brown doesn't have a dick!!!FACT!!!

>Being this gay

There are Japs on twitter calling it their favorite Godzilla and seen it in excess of 3-5 times. There is clearly a cultural divide here but it's very bizarre that it's over an American movie.

Attached: jap vote.jpg (712x730, 77K)

>in the past they called it gihdorah
>did she said gonorreah?
>...
Of course you saw it multiple times

>one bad joke ruined the entire movie for me
have

I fucking love 2014 because of that, right there with the original for me. I wasn't disappointed with the second one because I already knew what it was going to be thanks to Skull Island and Dougherty's spot on Aliens comparison (also because I'm cursed just like that with every sequel ever).
I'll always regret not going to see the first one in the cinema, I bet the MUTOs sounded awesome in it, fuck me

What exactly does that poll mean? Is it just a generic "did you like it" with "I loved it" winning?

MUTOs are underrated as fuck, I love the scene where they cuddled together

Mithra was C U T E. Fug I wish I was a moth so I could breed with Mothra. Why can't I be a moth, bros..

Get yourself a dolby atmos sound system and you can have damn near the theater experience. Shit was fucking glorious in imax.

The MUTOs had much more character than most Toho monsters of old, really loved the angular design and their sounds.

Attached: Godzilla.mkv_snapshot_01.29.31_[2019.06.21_17.21.15].jpg (1920x804, 104K)

It's time for you to go back to Yea Forumsmblr if you really are trying to defend these utterly soulless low effort monsters.

Attached: this post brought to you by tumblr.png (981x533, 42K)

(((Critics)))

>had much more character than most Toho monsters of old,

go back to the salt planet Gareth you fucking hack

Because nips actually don't give a shit about and/or borderline ashamed of Godzilla; they're happy because it's a big Hollywood blockbuster™ that's based on something Japanese. They may have all flocked to the theaters to see Shin two years ago, but for the most part giant monster movies are seen as old and embarrassing to them.

Boston was a shithole anyway

>Because nips actually don't give a shit about and/or borderline ashamed of Godzilla

Shin Godzilla made literal billions of yen and brought in people who never even gave a shit about Godzilla before. Around 20K people attended Godzilla Festival last year for the 64th anniversary. Kaiju are definitely not seen as anything embarrassing now. Even before Shin Godzilla they had named him their unironic cultural ambassador.

It's the only way it seems. As for overall sound, how would you compare the first and the new one?

They're, gosh that scene caught me of guard

Attached: 1461606623028.jpg (850x946, 144K)

>The MUTOs had much more character than most Toho monsters
Look buddy I like the MUTOs as well as G 2014 but let's not get too far
You are either deliberately lying or a complete ignorant

As opposed to such high-effort ones like an anthropomorphic lion, ankylosaur, a dated T. rex doing front kicks and a cyborg chicken with a chainsaw, amirite?
Get fucked, the MUTOs had more soul and effort put to them than 80% of TOHO's shoestring brigade.

I thought they gave him this weird texture and glow to convey more he was an alien but I'm not sure it could be laziness

Holy shit, get the fuck out.

Attached: 1374879186581.gif (832x372, 1.61M)

Of course Kaiju are the embarrassing and niche. Just like Anime.
Just because fans show up to events, doesn't mean that the property is mainstream and widely celebrated.

Cringe post. 2014 fags are disgusting.

>shitting on based Gigan
Come on now

The first one was an audio feast imo. Mutos pulsating, Goji reveal and roars filling the entire screen sells the godlike status of these creatures. And the charging sound we get for atomic breath was utter kino. The sequel has literally all of those sounds but never gives them any build up the only thing that comes close is ghidorahs updated bidi bidi trill sound when he declares victory. The rest get lost in the chaos of a scene. I love the original 54 skreoonk but it isn't consistent at all through the film. At the very least the monsters have unique vocal sounds and are well designed enough to tell them apart. The score is fucking perfect however.

oh shit, and this scene of course.

Attached: jumpscare.gif (480x201, 225K)

JUMPSCARE BAD D:

That's what I thought, the chaos vs build up thing, I blame trying to pack the humans part with action.

What do ya want from next film?

Attached: monkygun.png (540x234, 138K)

The movie is filled wirh terrible dialoge and quips with some monster fights in between

I dont really like kong, so im hoping that it would be something more than just godzilla and kong fighting, i know that it'd be pleasant to watch anyway so i'll go see it but i'm hoping for something to suprise me i guess

Attached: 51988DA6-B6B2-44F2-A16E-3BA75E2CDDBD.jpg (896x2000, 321K)

>tfw local drive-in didn't play this and just skipped to Disney garbage like Toy Story 4 and Aladdin
Feels bad man

Thats something people say here a lot but the dialogue was not as cringe for me, sure those few jokes were out of place and i wish they kept them out, but it didnt make me dislike the movie. The jokes were also funnier translated to my language so the subtitles made up for the audio in that matter.
Also, if the dialogue was more "serious" i feel like it would automatically bring more attention to the humans and i think that we all agree that it is not a good thing in this movie

There are only 4 Godzilla movies worth watching

1954, The Return of Godzilla, Shin Godzilla and 2014

You forgot GMK

Garbage pleb movie for garbage plebs, 2014 godzilla had superior kinography, pacing and CGI.

nugodzilla looks shitty, has no weight to his movement and has such autistic pacing and editing that the few kino shots aren't allowed to linger for more than 2 seconds

Why it would be a bad thing that human plotline have better dialogue and storyline?

Ending of KotM implies that even if Charles Dance won't be in the sequel for some reason. I also don't want them to fight the whole movie if neither is particularly bad.

I blame the reaction to the 2014 film, kotm moved much too quickly for anything to feel truly grand or epic. It was fun tho.

They also lost gareth edwards.

Im not saying that for sure, im just saying that i wouldnt expect that a movie like this would have great dialogue like films that focus purely on drama and "human" stories. Maybe it wouldn't be bad but it could probably create a weird combination because dividing time between showing all those monsters and at the same time telling a good human story could be hard to do right.
Again im not saying that i know it would be like that 100%, just speculating

God I wish that were me

I agree, the audio was definitely not as well handled as it was in the first.
I'd agree that the best was definitely the pulsing of this scene. Honestly probably my favorite scene in the movie, it felt like something that would happen in the Japanese films.

Terrible dialogue? Maybe. Quips? No.
I'm glad retards like you can keep spouting this nonsense, particularly about quips being so rampant, because they aren't. You couldn't possibly out yourself more that you didn't see it.

And yet most of the tohos manage to do that very well...

Ah yeah, i realised after posting that you could say that, i have to say that i only recently got into toho and havent yet got around to watch the others so my opinion isnt really worth that much. But its good that you are saying that because i know that i can expect some good stuff from the older movies

Piss off mouse shill

but he's not wrong. and I enjoyed KOTM.

Attached: inferior.jpg (480x480, 19K)

>I dont really like kong
Pleb
King Kong >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Shitzilla

You forgot 98

it was really weird when Ghidorah started rapping
youtube.com/watch?v=vimZj8HW0Kg

>Army builds MechaGodzilla in case G becomes an enemy to control the titans, its roar based on ORCA tech
>tests it on Skull Island
>Shadow the Hedgehog situation where Kong thinks Godzilla messed his island up

Attached: Godgoji.jpg (552x598, 15K)

thats what happens when the first movie bombs and wrecks the sequels budget

Name a single movie in the godzilla series that even comes close to being as kino as JAckson's Kong or the original

2014 didn't bomb, KOTM did

>2014 budget: 160 million
>KOTM budget: 200 million
stop being retarded

Godzilla, Kong and Jet Jaguar teaming up to take down Mechagodzilla and Mechaghidorah

>98 BAD
Piss off, Godzilla 98 was good.

I want Goji to be the bad guy this time so we need Kong, but can't think of how. Think about the 2012 concept teaser being the aftermath of KotM, but the credits kinda fuck this up

>The Return of Godzilla
I need to rewatch that one, and the entirety of the sequels for the first time, wish me luck

Well yeah. I wonder if they had a concept for the sequel.

Attached: f4949277780f06bd4a451d726063a931.jpg (2448x2466, 1018K)

King Kong to suplex Godzilla.

> we want the Jurassic park audience
fuck right off

>being this much of a contrarian

Could Godzilla defeat Core-chan at her full 33000MW power?

Attached: D8THmhsWsAA0uXB.jpg (673x1200, 114K)

I'm still against mechagodzilla in the monsterverse but that's not a bad idea.

>Ghidorah feels fear for the last time
Needed burning atomic breath to reach kino levels of 14' but pretty gud.

Not really, I just genuinely like it, though I enjoy most of Emmerich's work in the 90s so that has something to do with it probably

Fuck it if anyone really has to be bad it's gotta be Kong. Man-eater only concerned with his island meanwhile Godzilla is a benevolent king even keeping monsters out of human cities and doing other beneficial stuff.

kino is life

>40 million more budget
>looks worse

Oh no no no

Who else got hype when Zilla ripped Ghidorah out of the sky and just starting ripping it apart in the water. It was hard to see but the idea of Zilla getting his opponent into the water gave him such a massive advantage. I loved it.

>Enjoying anything Roland Emmerich besides Stargate

I didn't think it was possible for a human being to have such appalling taste.

Don't panic, WB and Legendary don't. For them it's all about how they approach the next film the problem is that they didn't confirm changing the release date and they should do that.

Wrong, Kong was shown to have disdain for humans being destructive but he loves saving white women.

Attached: blacked.jpg (1280x720, 204K)

Godzilla 2014 helped to bring it back, Shin Godzilla introduced a couple things that caught on, the anime trilogy is justifiably forgotten but it was King of the Monsters that really rejuvenated the fandom. Nice visuals are one thing but I think it was only a matter of very good characterization. I like these monsters it's a good continuity.

Attached: fac.jpg (635x1259, 158K)

Nah, obviously neither of them will be bad. They'll fight against each other at first but it'll be a draw until they join forces against a common foe.

I do too but it doesn't make me a hero. I support Kong's right to fuck people up if they raid his island but the way he seems to be portrayed in the additional material is that he's fiercly independent. Ok but someone has to care and be the ruler. Kong's mistake is that he's coming after that someone. They can always retcon it and say that it's Godzilla who initiated the aggression because he doesn't want any monster out of his control but that would be a bit ooc.

That's the thing though, I would like to see the "benevolent" got a justifiable reason to go full baserk, and the egoist ignorant recluse to save us all. Maybe as suggested, but Kong discover ACTUALLY beautiful white women worth saving or asian women wich would be more believable, even if he's a negro

This, it's incredible how much character they managed to give to them, especially Rodan, that "eh, still friends r-right" expression he does at the end is priceless

Attached: dd82epr-83a5bc6e-bae1-4b05-8e26-0e936e1cee6b.jpg (750x871, 629K)

shill thread. the movie is unwatchable. do not be fooled.

Honestly the monsters have enough personality to carry a film. It would basically be a nature documentary narrated by Serizawa and I would love it.

> We didn't deserve this kino
We did

Probably because it wasn't that good you fucking idiot.

Isn't he the artist of the tie-in comic?

Attached: h0k2ifx67p531.jpg (1970x1774, 1.22M)

goji dab

Attached: u6756755636.jpg (1024x881, 85K)

no, sadly

>full mockumentary series narrated by Ken Watanabe
>each episode is about a different Toho Kaiju in its natural environment
>called Walking with Titans
The fact that we will never ever get this now pains me

>white

>Walking with Titans

Attached: 1474872619023.jpg (201x219, 11K)

its not disney so it gets shat on

>Walking with Titans
Make this happen bros, please

Attached: disney-had-best-animated-feature-film-labels-printed-for-ralph-breaks-the-internet-despite-not-winni (768x1024, 176K)

goofd stuff

Most likely what happens is they redo the original kong plot where humans capture him and he goes apeshit so godzilla steps in

>Implying Independence Day isn't pure funkino
Shit taste

sounds awful

>imagine actually projecting that to other anons
kek

>Even by Godzilla standards, this movie was dumb.
does no one remember Big G vs. Ghidorah in '91?

I didn't think it possible to be both a Chad and massive faggot at the same time but Wolfhard pulls it off.

>the Terminator dude chase scene
Unadulterated kino

thank you based goddess Mothra

more to the point the actual titular battle cuts back and forth to the humans and M11 not only far more but for far longer periods, minutes at a time

>those Mothra wings in the atomic pulse
Pure kino

According to the book Kong is butthurt about kaiju royalty for awakening monsters on Skull Island feven though it was Ghidorah's fault. So one big misunderstanding. Makes Kong a little less sympathetic (especially if Mothra comes back to aid Godzilla) but he might win only to find out the hard way that the world needs someone like Godzilla so they join forces against OC Monster. I'd still prefer if Godzilla won but then someone would be complaining about not showing enough love to Kong throughout the series.

>but Wolfhard pulls it off

did you even watch the film user?

even if that was true it wouldn't stop them, considering their tastes

she's the only reason I don't want to see it honestly
I find her repulsive and everything disgusting and terrible about Hollywood.

Attached: 1547582437694.jpg (500x440, 50K)

She was pretty good in this, she and her father and Serizara.

that fuckin spin attack tho

The movie is currently outperforming abroad compared to estimates and just got granted extended run in China. It's good but what does it mean when they say they want to focus on Asian market more? More Asian actors and locations? It's an important emerging market but won't support super high budget blockbusters. They need to be careful not to alienate whatever audience they still have in the US.

88% score on rotten tomatoes vs 40% rating for Godzilla Kino of Monsters lmao thanks for proving my point

this but
>against OC Monster
hope we get a classic kaiju

i'm not trusting someone with less than a million years of age to protect our world.
Big G better eat him alive

I fucking love how he doesnt even flinch when Ghidorah tries to zap him

>Kong is somehow a threat to this

TAKE THAT YOU DINOSAUR

>Some of the worst films I have ever seen in the theater.
im guessing you didn't see godzilla 98 in theaters?

He did the aileron. From the trailer I thought he's dodging the rockets or something but it's his attack. Even better.

Attached: 1554142475316.gif (500x207, 1.84M)

Attached: goji.jpg (608x960, 133K)

Reminder Kong is a xenophobe. He might as well wear a bit red cap with the words Make Skull Island Great Again in the next movie.

Attached: 1560974825294.png (1536x2048, 622K)

>More Asian actors and locations?
this exactly what I want in a godzilla movie. Give me legendary Goji fighting monsters in tokyo and hong kong

San Francisco Chronicles complained about not being political. Or as they put it a commentary against raising American fascism.
Also it was shot in Georgia.

As a successor to the 2014 Godzilla it's an outright failure, there's a massive tonal and structural shift and a lot of contrivances and general nonsense in the story to move the plot along, not to mention the environmental message and the introduction of sci-fi elements and Monarch suddenly having access to more resources than the US government.

I can imagine how jarring and bizarre it would be for someone who hasn't sat through the Heisei era films, however I fucking loved it.

>They need to be careful not to alienate whatever audience they still have in the US.
American military were present in all three films so far, along american leads. America doesn't mind watching chaos happening in other countries (see any disaster movie since the 90s). I dont see people caring about side chinese actours.
Im not saying you are wrong, i just cant think of any way of alienating american audiences with this kind of movies.

Should shop mothra head there

I personally dont want the team up but I feel like that's what we're gonna get.
But one of them has to go

Attached: 19062151124.jpg (750x1099, 339K)

Me neither by I really want that monkey to ride a charging godzilla desu

bros im a dumbo
is 'king kong' is a completely different universe and there's no connection?

>sunk without trace
>shows photos

They're connected user. With a cross over film set to release next year.

Attached: ul2mvufxgp331.png (1920x1080, 3.02M)

The red-haired Tumblr looking woman is right though.

If you're going to adhere to standard movie conventions with human drama and plot and dialogue, then you should try to give a shit about making it engaging or compelling. The movie is going to just be worse for its inclusion AND it being shitty. But they could have also forgone the usual human drama plot shit and stuck to the giant monsters the entire time in an unconventional move. It probably would have been better and even more of what the fans wanted. And in both cases, that person wanted the monsters to be the focus.

I have a hard time finding fault in her logic. Though, I haven't seen the movie so maybe all the people in this thread bitching about the human parts sucking with fans saying that they were mediocre and bog standard at worse are just off base.

nono, I know about these, i meant the king kong where he goes to new york whether there is any connection at all

Yeah but they’re reshooting, so expect more quips. Maybe even a close-up where Kong gives a slight smirk. Basically it’ll be Rampage.

Toho acquired Kong back in the 60's(someone pls confirm) and they share a film together called King Kong vs. Godzilla (1962)
Monsterverse has made an in universe film called Kong: Skull Island (2017), and will be sharing the spotlight with Big G in Monsterverse's Godzilla vs. Kong (2020)
However it has no relation with the film King Kong (2005).

It's just Kong: Skull Island and nothing else

Toho made a crossover in 1962, but no the original King Kong was not in any way related to Godzilla.

Attached: 36279ADC-F6C9-4FF2-99CB-A62AB4EF6243.jpg (216x300, 33K)

so basically all of the the 'king kong' movies where he's shot down by the planes in new york is basically a oneshot spin off without any connection whatsoever to the kaiju universe ever?

>do a barrel roll

thanks bros

> MUH DAYLIGHT FIGHT SCENE

Attached: ram-fp-208-8e17c59b-f734-43b2-83d6-ac86c381ed65.jpg (2864x1200, 1.03M)

Yes. Although I would re-label spinoff to godfather of kaiju/monster films since the first ever King Kong release in 1923

Attached: 5478.png (600x492, 292K)

Kong doing his signature jaw snap on a Toho monster would be sick

>CGI monster movie
>kino
the absolute state of Yea Forums

Not really a spinoff, but yes it’s a standalone monster movie. It was made 21 years before Godzilla existed

Attached: gojmo.jpg (750x927, 214K)

my vote is for Rodan

Attached: firerises.gif (500x264, 2.33M)

I expect just them changing the release date to avoid mulan.
Monsterverse has proven it cannot draw as much when sandwiched between other highly anticipated films.

oh okay, thanks for clearing it up bros
me at the bottom left

Attached: goj.jpg (848x718, 145K)

LEAVE MY GOOD BOY RODAN OUT OF IT

Good we need more monster close ups.

Attached: goji.gif (536x536, 1.98M)

I love how I have fan art for pretty much any scenario. This universe is quite inspiring.

Attached: 75208907_p0_master1200.jpg (849x1200, 772K)

They'll probably keep it to the OC kaiju like Methusulah

i demand porn

based and kong pilled

Attached: mothra the danger baby.gif (640x368, 2.78M)

Well shit, what do you want me to do?
Watch some shitty camrip like a hobo?

I nominate Gorosaurus

NO!

Attached: tfw cant wake up.jpg (750x914, 72K)

I don't have porn but I have like a couple dozen worth of shipping pics. I'm just looking at any good kaiju art and this seems to be the most popular subject right now.

Attached: 7db.jpg_large.jpg (680x451, 33K)

bidididi

Attached: 1530535171862.jpg (1280x1142, 305K)

That's because monsterverse has soul

Attached: whatsthatonthehorizon.jpg (786x442, 40K)

Monsterverse budget edition.

Attached: D9Y-rAEWsAAgWZp.jpg (680x510, 85K)

Attached: 64522265_2725761980786662_5830351223089266688_n.jpg (960x914, 73K)

love that toy

What?

>Does nothing important in the movie
>Is beaten by Ghidorah, shanked by fucking Mothra, and doesn't even risk his luck with Godzilla
>Still the swaggest son of a bitch in the picture

>heart sutra chant playing in the background
would still be kino

Hard to keep your dignity while doing mocap. Actually monsterverse uses technology called performance capture volume.

Attached: q57t8cubsb).png (800x450, 479K)

That fucking theme man

>nothing important
>decimates an entire town in one fly by
you can argue he has the biggest human body count in KoTM

I haven't watched either of the Godzilla movies but apparently the actual monster fighting is pushed to the background to deal with some human drama bullshit no one cares about.

In my theory its because they wanted to see some good old monster fighting action, sure, Shin Godzilla was great, but it was also a completely different beast, must more similar to the original Godzilla instead of a "classic" monster fighting one we all know and love, to which KOTM is much closer

Fair, but I need to see Kong in the air again.

Attached: kong-3-1.png (2868x1206, 1.19M)

>performance capture volume.
whats the difference from mocap?

Nips are also westeboos. They even liked ScarJo Ghost in the Shell

Good thread I was starting to think that they will be over and I only watched the movie a couple days ago. I'm looking forward to a new one now that we actually have a conversation going. Something I saw while browsing some kaiju shitpost. This poster gets even more metal when you see how Godzilla is holding the mic for his backing vocalist Rodan.

Attached: 04afab710b9be8163bcad9b4a6a2c821.jpg (1536x2732, 552K)

Its simple nigga, if you to watch blockbusters, you watch it for the fighting, if you go to watch godzilla, you watch it for monster action. Human stuff is secondary at best, like free refills in a fast food place

it'll happen once in a while but most threads cap at 100 or less, 200 on a good day

>"It's called performance capture volume (or space). It's a carpeted and taped-off space with infrared cameras all around us capturing every inch. We have reflective dots on precise points of our bodies that the infrared cameras can capture light from and track in the computer. That frame, created by the dots, is captured by the camera and goes into the computer. And the VFX artists can take that and put in hundreds--thousands of hours to create the beauty you see on screen while using our performance as much as they need. It's truly movie magic."

Looks like next-gen motion capture that already produces some decent output that the animators have to polish.

The family in the last movie replicates the dynamic of the main monster trio.

Godzilla is the father as both really would like nothing more than to be left the fuck alone in their respective solitude, but they both need to step up to deal with humans bullshit.
Ghidorah is the mum as both wants to wipe the slate clean and start over, although for the mom it's because of her guilt while Ghidorah is in the end only trying to do what he was born to do. Both don't really care about anyone but themselves.
Mothra is the kid who thinks pacific coexistence is possible and give strength to the father/Godzilla.

It's somewhat interesting, but the problem is that even in symbolism, it's still a very classic family drama. I think they could get somewhere with the ancient civilisation, a movie focusing on this time period will at least have the merit to make us discover an entire new civilisation during the times were monsters aren't fighting.

Honestly Godzilla movies are always man vs nature. Most of these critics expect to care about the human characters on a personal level when in reality the main characters are the monsters as a personification. At best they can be entertaining humans, or have internalized arcs.

>Mothra's wings

Attached: gTe4j6aTd.png (645x773, 58K)

>if you go to watch godzilla, you watch it for monster action.
Then why is 70% of the movie terrible human characters with shit dialogue?

>That scene where she crawls on Godzilla's back and chirps at Ghidorah.

Get away you dumb moth, save yourself

Attached: 625.jpg (680x795, 116K)

Because all movies are made for the general audience aka retards. Also budget.

Can't unsee now kek

So its not overwhelming/to save budget. A calm before the storm as you will, bare minimum to build-up the fights themselves as things often stop being special and exciting if they happen all the time

The movie really needed more Mothra. Just get rid of that exposition shit between antarctica and mexico and add some Mothra scenes in there.

Well the budget needed to have 1h30 of monsters fighting without looking cheap would make even Disney tremble.

Also at the end of the day you need humans to raise the sauce.

the human characters work well as a collective, all of them representing "the humans"
I don't know why critics can't accept plot driven movies, it's like they learn in film school that movies MUST have character arcs and shit and anything else is bad. They put cinema in a mold.
Characters are a piece of a movie but they don't always have to be the goal.

>b-buh muh budget!

Doesn't excuse them from writing shit human scenes. If 70% of the movie is bad then it's a bad movie.

luckily 70% of KoTM isn't bad

>I haven't watched either of the Godzilla movies
Well then I don't really care for your opinion, user. Sorry.

Unluckily it is.

So we should have 20 min youtube monster fight compilations with hundred million dollar budgets. Forget world building and forgoing metaphors because some ppl can't watch a movie without human drama being oscar worthy?

Nope

No. We should have a well written movie.

Any last words?

enlighten us on what a well-written movie is then user.
or at least in another thread in the future