Why dont people remember Avatars

Attached: 7F6E7E92-2425-42AE-A3C2-F07267CE514F.jpg (1242x1187, 136K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0QZNHdsorNM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Because the characters are all 100% forgetable.
The only thing I remember about the movies is that the archetypes were MILITARY GUYS BAD, CORPORATIONS BAD, SAVAGES GOOD

Why don't people remember one flew over the cuckoos nest.

follow this line of logic and ask people what they remember about Citizen Kane other than "rosebud" and see what the can answer

i didn't even see the fucking thing and i could give a basic plot synopsis and some chraracter names just from Yea Forums shitposting and abatap's autism, these are just zoomers who probably weren't even born when it came out

Capeshit only has "pop culture impact" (a meme) because of saturation

>It's another capekek cope episode

Attached: 1513100090340.jpg (1073x1058, 141K)

I only remember the big mech suit with the knife and that the movie made me want a tall blue alien wife.

Attached: 1494052320390.jpg (1024x1024, 246K)

What if I hate them both?

>jake sooooolee
thats about it desu

I remember the scar faced dude because he was on image macros for a good long while. Still is, really, but not as often.

you are like a baby

It’s The Last Samurai with blue aliens. It’s an extremely forgettable movie but so is Endgame

Why didn’t the miners just drop a shaft and go underground? The blue cat people would never even know they were there.

The Blue Man Group fought the space marines from Aliens.

Difference is Avatar isn't even 10 years old. Literally no excuse, quit defending this shit movie.

Nobody watched Avatar for the plot, they watched it because of the impressive CGI and the fact it was one of the first 3D movies
Yean it was a shitty non-memorable movie but it definitely had a huge pop-culture impact when it came out, not Star Wars level, but big in its own right. Social media also wasn't as pervasive then as it is now.
Do these people think 10 years from now people are going to be quoting shit like Endgame? Do people even remember what happened in the first 2 Avenger movies, because I sure as hell don't

AAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA AAAAHHHHH OH NO NO NO NO
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
>BUT DADDY JIMMY REVOLUTIONIZED CINEMA THE AVATAR SUBREDDIT SAID SO
AAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

youtube.com/watch?v=0QZNHdsorNM
I just noticed something linguistically retarded: there's no reason why you would say Sully as "Sooly" except as a spelling pronunciation based on the Latin alphabet (with English using the letter "u" differently from most other languages). The [ʌ] that Jake uses in his last name, being an open unrounded vowel would map much more closely onto the Navi [a].

So? As many people have watched it as avatar. That's the point you moron.

I haven't even seen that movie and I STILL remember the scene where the giant Indian picks up some huge porcelain thing in the bathroom.

Doesn't ring a bell.

This might come as a shocking surprise, but most people weren't exposed to Abatap's autism every day. They can't quote the Bane scene word for word either.

I remember it being about some guy who goes to live with Indians and then becomes one.

But i say "lets go special case, do not make me wait for you" all the time.

>name 3 character
>write two lines of dialogue
>describe 1 non-plot related detail from any scene

Yesterday in conversation I almost made a Bane joke and quickly realized absolutely no one would understand what the fuck I was talking about.

Kinda weird how 90% of the lines in avengers is one liners.

because it came out in a time where viral marketing wasn't a thing. you all do realize that Disney is paying literally millions to marketing companies to literally create/spread memes right?

do you think that fucking Thanos became a meme ORGANICALLY?

hate is such a strong word, I don't think you are aware of the implications of hating something.

People only remember 3 things about this shit movie.
1. It made money
2. Blue aliens
3. James Cameron

>SAVAGES
>in their own planet
>minding their own business
How are they savages?

you can say the same thing about any marvel movie that wasn't released within the last 3 (maybe even 2) years

seriously, go ahead and try to think of any song from any of those movies. or any good dialogue. or characters that weren't in the name of the movie itself.

>can't refute a thing
>resorts to buzzwords
Cry more.

But reddit told me it was great!

I don't think you're aware of what hyperbole and figurative speech are.

Like the people getting paid to post on Yea Forums. Isn't it high time for these shills to start their Star Wars campaign?

They don't follow American ideals, that is what being an uncivilized Savage means.

I remember some bitch scientist smoking. Like it’s the year 2700 and this chick is smoking

Jake Sully, Dr Grace, Quaritch, Neytiri
>I see you
>you crossed the line
Most animals on pandora had 6 legs

My favorite

>how does it feel to turn your back on your race?
>*HISSSSSSSSSSSSSSS*

But Americans are the most uncivilized creatures in the universe.

Neytiri
Jakesully

Now fuck off capedrones

oh you are writing in retard. My apologies.

I really can't say that it isn't quotable. I feel like since most people on twitter can't make a lazy relatable "meme" out of it than they can't see any value in it like they do with star wars and Marvel.

Attached: 1560763966092.gif (735x920, 167K)

>Race

What he really meant to say was species. By refusing to take the unobtanium, Sam Worthingto doomed his species to extinction, all for some sweet blue alien pussy.

Same with Star Wars. I know the entire plot just from scrolling Yea Forums.

O B S E S S E D

White imperialism bad!
Reeee

Guns bad!
Reeeeeee

Star Wars user, Rise of the Skywalker is gonna blast dem both at the BO next December

Literally the same can be said about the MCU though. People were naming their kids after Avatar or Game of Thrones, no one is going to name their kid "Thanos" because that's cringe af

Says the brain dead people that think that "love 3000" or "perfectly balanced" are "memorable" quotes that will stand the test of time. Nolan and Tarantino movies have more dramatic depth and iconicity than these pieces of crap and that´s saying something.

Attached: 3c9.jpg (315x466, 29K)

>viral marketing wasn't a thing in 2009
Fucking kids think everything is new.

White Mary Jane Watson bad!
White Nordic mythology bad!

I remember Sigourney Weaver being in it for some fucking reason. That's pretty much it.

Any one else just fucking hated sam worthinwhatever's face? Dude's face is obnoxious and forgettable and his acting skills subpar.

>"love 3000" or "perfectly balanced"
No one is pretending these meme liners are culturally relevant right? I've never seen something getting eclipsed as hard as GoT eclipsed Endgame everywhere

WHO'LL HANG THE NOOSE 'ROUND THE GOOSE-STEPPING GOONS FROM BERLIIIN!
THE STAR SPANGLED MAN WITH A PLAAAAN!

That logic will be the same with Avengers in 10 years though

>Anengers Endgame?
>you mean the 328th forgettable flick Disney flick of that decade? All I remember was "SJW'S GOOD, PURPLE CHIN MAN BAD"

I watched Citizen Kane, once, before avatar, and i clearly remember several shots and scenes, and the plot.

Avatar sold entirely on graphix and 3D gimmick

>maybe even 2
Try it with Captain Marvel, released in 2019. These movies are so generic it's hard to not mix them up

It was literally Tech Demo the Movie, with a forgettable plot that simply drove the protagonist who I think was named Sully or Sooly from one incredible 3D CGI scene to the next.

The Half Life 2 of Cinema!

You are like a baby

retard is such a strong word, I don't think you are aware of the implications of being a retard.

I remember blue Sigourney in hippie clothes hitting my amazon woman fetish.

>the macguffin was literally called "unobtainium"

Attached: 1560477974548.png (397x239, 33K)

there was a reason he hasnt made any substantial memorable appearance since 2009

*suffocates you with a pillow*
*puts smokes in my rolled up t shirt*
*flies over the cuckoos nest*

He's partly right, none of the Marvel memes are organic.

Why does Avatar trigger capebabies so much?

And the Avatar ""hype"" with the stupid "omg you'll get whatever-the-planet-was-called blues after watching it!" headlines was?

The last Capeshit that any pop culture impact was Dank Knight and the joker
>bbbbut my le epic thanos Snap
Already forgotten bro...already forgotten

Endgame had a cultural impact?

Yes, Avatar was sold as a 3D theme park ride and that's exactly what it was. Marvel movies are sold as good movies with coherent character arcs and free of massive plot holes and fail to deliver that

I think there was a Thanos skin in that Fortnite zoomer central and that's about it

They know deep down that their movies are simply not well made
But at least they make money ! (But can't beat based james)

Crippled man takes brother's place in a problem to remotely control artificial alien replica's in order to interact with the locals on a planet where the air is poisonous to Humans. A company that seems to be funding most research on the planet is only there to mine a particular rare mineral, of some sort, important to space travel, and likely other, technologies. The military commander of the force present to enforce the corperation's rule decides to use the cripple to gather intel for future operations. The cripple falls in love with an alien, turns on the Humans, there's a big battle, and the Humans are driven off Pandora. The cripple gets his mind transplanted into the grown alien body he'd prior been controlling via a tree. The tree seems to be part of a naturally occurring neural link that most entities on Pandora seem capable of tapping into via a tentacle thing. This also allows most creatures on Pandora to interact with each other, though it seems the higher sentient lifeforms use it to assume control of other lifeforms for purposes of domestication and travel.

The planetary neural link isn't explained, but it can be assumed the tree is actually an organic hub of sorts, perhaps a gigantic lifeform lives beneath the obvious planetary surface with portions of its body growing out of the surface in order to breathe, eat, etc.

It can then also be considered the creature itself is a higher lifeform above the local blue aliens,a and uses the link to manipulate them in the same way they manipulate the animal life on the planet.

That's about all I remember. I saw it when the movie came out in theaters, and went to see it in a giant 3D capable theater. It looked pretty, I'll give it that.

Attached: 1478814945916.jpg (1920x1080, 606K)

>It's a potent mix... gives me the goosebumps
That's a great line wtf are marvelshills talking about?

>he thinks people actually got depressed after coming out of the cinema
>he actually fell for the marketing
Fucking yikes and bluepilled.

>no one is going to name their kid Ton... err Stev... Clin... Thanos! I meant Thanos!!

I can remember every single thing about that movie you fucking nigger

>Implying Endgame had a cultural impact

Bro people literally only remember thanos and his gauntlet and that was from infinite.

Attached: 1560787093513.gif (500x281, 297K)

Avatar being forgettable is intentional.
They're banking on nobody remembering that the last movie was a fucking waste of time about stupid blue cat people, so they'll see it again.
The more ignorance of it the more it will crush marvel shit via filmgoer amnesia.

I mean it has an area in Animal Kingdom.

Attached: avatar.jpg (616x543, 145K)

Thanos is gonna stick around longer in public consciousness than Bane due to the sheer fact that you can look up Thanos gifs on twitter.

You can seethe all you want, you know I’m right.

good thing that you don't work in marketing because you're so fucking stupid.

But I remember that more than I remember Avatar.

I don't know, he could be working for Sony.

Why does Avatar make reddit cucks so fucking mad?
Since when is a movies worth defined by the amount of characters you can name? Since when does the number of quotes from a movie that made into pop culture matter?
And the weirdest thing of all? Avatar fans are usually pretty humble (Yea Forums trolling aside). Nobody claimed that Avatar was a great movie or that it had an amazing original story or unforgettable characters. It was simply an amazing cinema experience which is exactly why it made so much money.

Avatar vs Marvel unironically feels like the Chad vs Virgin meme. Avatar was a movies for families, teenagers and everyone else who just wants to go to the cinema, see something impressive and have fun. No sellout franchise shitting out 3 movies per year for autistic manchildren. Avatar was so normal that it isn't even a reddit movie. Avatar is literally boomer kino, the kind of movie you watch with your dad to have a good time and talk about how amazing it looked afterwards.

Attached: jimbo.jpg (1566x881, 154K)

its just an alien retelling of pocahotass with mechs and ebul humangs. I generally don't care about seething capeshitters but they are right, the only reason this movie made money was because of the imax meme and the hype surrounding its ps3 graphics

is that an actual quote from the movie? i dont remember this

you're retarded

Who are you quoting

Because I remember Abatap, the greatest poster of all time.

Bet you're just a butthurt hater.

Based. It’s like how many people don’t realize dances with wolves is pure kino and are only mad because goodfellas didn’t win.

nah it's fanfiction. would have been great though

really wouldnt fit the theme of the movie
the movie is purposefully making humans look like bad guys, this would defeat that purpose

No, I don't think anyone is going to name their kids Thanos. Can't you read or what? Meanwhile there are a bunch of Khaleesis out there

Unobtanium is a commonly used engineering term.

>In the Activist Survival Guide, unobtanium is listed incorrectly as element 120 in an image spread, even though it was stated that unobtanium is a compound, not an element, just two pages prior.[5] The actual element 120, given the temporary name Ununennium (1-2-0 in Latin), has not yet been synthesised.

>The name "unobtanium" is an old engineering joke, and can be applied to any rare or hard to find material that has the properties needed to fulfil a given design, but is unobtainable.

Attached: 1517240382788.png (789x444, 594K)

Its legit a very simple, but good story. JAKE SULLEY even became the synonym for white people for a while where i lived because how funny Neytiri said it.

>Earth found alien planet
>Wheelchair bound guy, JAKE SULLEY enlist on it because his twin brother is KIA, so he can use his brother's alien body
>He got into alien body, befriends human teacher,and he met with Na'Vi princess, Neytiri after escaping from Thanator.
>Because he's an outsider, Commander Humanity give him a task to infiltrate and convince Na'Vi to move their assess from their treehouse, which house unobtanium mountain beneath it.
>The whole expedition is there because unobtanium. They are a mining company.
>JAKE SULLEY spends time as a Na'Vi. First he learns to ride horses, then rides dragons. They are attacked by Toruk Makto.
>JAKE SULLEY is running out of time. Commander already promised him if he did it, he'll get his legs back.
>JAKE SULLEY bangs Neytiri. They're awoken by mining machines that destroy the treehouse and kills Na'Vi chief.
>JAKE SULLEY cover is blown. He is considered failure to both Na'Vi and the paramilitary, who destroys and attacks his avatar station, killing teacher woman.

>not remembering Louise Fletcher

Attached: dec.gif (300x202, 2.94M)

i remember zoe and a cripple and a based army man that was too good to be in this shit, thats it

After how poorly Last Jedi aged and the bombing of Solo thinking Rise will dethrone Avatar or Endgame is serious delusion. I doubt it'll pass Force Awakens

>JAKE SULLEY gang travel to remote station in secret.
>JAKE SULLEY gets back to his alien body, he conquer Toruk Makto to make the Na'Vi convinced of him.
>Teacher woman memory is given to the planet Pandora, because the whole ecosystem is connected by their antennas.
>JAKE SULLEY leads the Na'Vi in his cool new dragon to search for other tribes for allies.
>He also befriends the guy that he cucked with Neytiri.
>Paramilitary found out and began an expedition towards the Na'Vi new alliance base.
>Na'Vi ambush them in those flying island location, war erupts.
>The whole planet fight, so there's the hammer rhinos on the ground pummeling and even wild dragons attacking.
>Pilot chick got shot down. Cucked alien got killed.
>JAKE SULLEY is also shot down, but then he bond with the Thanator on ground battle to take down Commander Humanity.
>Commander is defeated when he was impaled by his own blade.
>The humans are sent home as a warning to never invade Pandora again.
>JAKE SULLEY transfer permanently to his new big blue body, and live happily ever after.

Its not perfect, but I legit still remember the movie sometimes scenes by scenes because it was such a breakthrough at the time. I loved the aliens designs.
The womeme that said its not memorable probably arent big enough to watch it back then, or already been poisoned by liberalism to instead focus on some nonexistant implication instead fo the movie because she's a self hating white.

No it’s fucking Ferngully in space. It’s a scene for scene copy.
I remember more from Iron Man 1 than Avatar.

I never saw it.

flick 3 hours long with the most boring story ever show

>I just noticed something linguistically retarded: there's no reason why you would say Sully as "Sooly" except as a spelling pronunciation based on the Latin alphabet (with English using the letter "u" differently from most other languages). The [ʌ] that Jake uses in his last name, being an open unrounded vowel would map much more closely onto the Navi [a].

cameron on suicide watch XD

Miles Quaritch, Jake Sully, Neytiri.
Story is Ferngully.
I thought it was Cameron's worst movie and only saw it once and I still remember this shit. Come on.

Stop making stuff up.

I learned about StarWars from Family guy parodies and I use that information as a reference point when talking about the franchise and no one called me out on it.irl or on Yea Forums. Pop culture is the most nothing concept. All you need is enough information to understand the shitty metaphors and chuckle at shoe-horned quotes.It's really not that fucking deep.

Avatar is a fantastical retelling of the conquest of the American continent by European settles but this time, and here's the twist, the white people are the bad guys.

Attached: 1551847358073.png (1920x1200, 356K)

I remember the happy deserved ending

kek

I am so tired of hearing this shit in this condescending ass tone where they always think they just delivered a devastating blow to our reality and perception of white people.. Are Americans not taught history in schools?

Land makes my head hurt.
In a good way followed by a bad way.

i can visualize the attack scene on the soul tree right now. i havent seen abatap in years. there is nothing i can visualize from endgames final battle, i saw that a month ago. endgame is trash. seethng copeshitters cant call a piece of shit a piece of shit, and i even like the avengers and all that capeshit, but when something is trash its trash.

mutherfucker i've thought for years its canon

It's much easier to strip mine. The real question is why didn't the human military utterly destroy the local populace and just mine in the open, in peace?

shit movie and the CGI is nothing special, they're still just glorified videogame cut scene characters

CGI is shit no matter what, funny enough it worked in the Avengers because of based Brolin

underrated

Reddit hates this movie you doublenigger. Absolutely Reddit tier opinion.

A-Are you defensing reddit?

>people still virtue signal and talk about how much they hate/don't remember avatar ten years öater
>literally nothing about endgame (or any other MCU flick) a few months after release

Attached: laughtiri.webm (1280x720, 665K)

I don't have to watch most and never did of the most-known movies ever simply because I know everything about them from Yea Forums. But what's your point, clearly when people say "people" they don't mean philippine soap-opera image-board browsing autists.

Its because normies cant remeber what they had for lunch last week let alone what movie they watched a decade ago. Hell they have forgotten about the 2007 recession by now and we are gearing up for a much bigger collapse its been 12 years.

>This is what buthurt haters actually believe.

I feel old.

I member the ending with the indian and a few random scenes. Mostly devito and the guy from back to the future being crazies