At this point, can we just officially rename Republic of Korea to Republic of Kino and be done with it? I mean...

At this point, can we just officially rename Republic of Korea to Republic of Kino and be done with it? I mean, seriously, their output in the last 20 years is amazing.

Attached: 7c87a8183b13fe5e3c21a9063b006121.jpg (936x1158, 147K)

>Be an Asian country
>Not guilt or forced into making black men good, white man bad shit
>Degeneracy isn't widespread
>Conservative values over '''''''''''western neo-lib views'''''''''''''
Based South Korea

Attached: DB91F575-59EA-4319-8453-124F08EB9D88.jpg (640x299, 20K)

>Conservative values over '''''''''''western neo-lib views'''''''''''''

Lol you don't know much about this film movement or what's happening in Korea do you?

>Degeneracy isn't widespread
Are you completely unaware of Kpop?

Name me a single good gook movie that isn't Memories of Murder.

why do you come in unrelated threads to bait and generally lower post quality

American education, everyone.

>smugly claims someone is wrong
>doesnt explain as to why
this level of vaguery is always masking low intelligence and lack of knowledge

This is Yea Forums user. They won. Stop pretending that this board is for anything but shitposting you'll be happier.

White men love to play the victim card

Attached: 500_F_187927670_S75by0KplPEehgKuC9lbJxH6oMrABRmT.jpg (500x334, 80K)

I only watched Oldboy and that was really great. Give me some more korea kino. Is the rest of this vengeance trilogy even worth it?

Read a book, Amerimutt

Some young faggots in their 20s have been watching old Korean films that I have watched when I was younger. I see.

Ah what a blast from the past. I remember when I saw this poster I wasn't sure where South Korea was.

Nice try but the burden is on the person making the claim to prove their claim.

>Produce superior Lesbokino than The West

Will Hollywood ever recover?

Attached: 38CDF0E3-B44E-4128-909F-E661524B3C2E.png (1281x534, 727K)

not him but what books would you recommend?

this movie is bad. it's one of those movies that seems to have the promise of being good and makes you think "oh this looks promising and interesting. I'll watch because I bet it will get good" but it never gets good and the ending is shit.

there are some other great little kino-flicks that south korea has made.

>muh burden crutch
Relying on burden is what people who know they are wrong do. You feel you're right, prove it.

I love this movie and how much it changes on a rewatch.

Is this the Korean version of GOT?

Attached: 1302948712304.jpg (540x769, 240K)

God this board is trash

Attached: 979807.jpg (905x881, 266K)

get back to work cuck

Attached: Shes mine whiteboi.jpg (1300x957, 105K)

actual retarded poster

>asking someone to explain themselves is trash
Its even film related cause hes claiming to have some knowledge into their world of cinema

Just top user, it's pathetic.

Im curious what is pathetic about asking someone to explain what they mean? I dont feel pathetic at all for it as its the crux of conversation

Kino tier:
Memories of Murder
The Handmaiden
The Host

Great tier:
The Wailing
Mother
Sympathy for Lady Vengeance

Good:
Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance
A bittersweet life
Chaser

Yeah, they're good.
I'd also recommend Burning, The Handmaiden, I Saw the Devil and The Wailing.

Another poltard out of his cage. Everytime they're praising a country for its lack of degeneracy, they know nothing about the said country. Works all the time with any muslim country.

A bittersweet life
The Chaser
Memories of Murder
JSA
I Saw the Devil
The Host
The Handmaiden
Train to Busan
The Age of Shadows
2 Sisters
Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter... and Spring

>A bittersweet life

I’m sorry but that movie was pretentious garbage.

ah fuck thanks, that's a ton

>Is the rest of this vengeance trilogy even worth it?
Absolutely. Both are absolutely amazing. His Thirst and Handmaiden are also kino (Thirst has a really strange blend of erotica, romance and uncomfortable extreme violence), and JSA ended as one of my favourite films. I have yet to watch I'm a Cyborg, but that's OK.
Kim Jee-Woon has A Tale of Two Sisters (OP pic), which has extremely impressed me a drama-horror film. He also has I Saw the Devil and The Good, the Bad and the Weird, both are good.
Bong Joon-Ho has Memories of Murder and The Host, both of which are some odd mix of political satire, black comedy and drama. I liked them a lot.
Anyway, that's what I watched.

>Koreans hate Japanese
>Korean government officially hates Japanese people
>film a story of Korean woman eloping with Japanese woman
Does it mean he want peace?

why Koreans cant act unlike japanese

why? no matter how good of a movie it is you'll just say it sucks.

what movie

A Tale of Two sisters

Quit trying to make the whole world intelligible through your /pol/-meme lense.

>Kino
Fucking newfag buzzwords

Correlation isn’t causation, but nothing he said is untrue

>JSA
I'd say it does.

when is parasite coming out?

I remember watching the housemaid on OCS. The ending was so outrageously over the top it was hilarious. Soap opera-tier though, go for the previously quoted titles instead.

Name great korean movies that are not drama

Is Little Forest any good?

>The sky is purple. What do you mean the sky is blue? How is the sky blue. Do an experiment right now proving that the sky is blue or admit that it's purple. Why aren't you doing it? What, what's wrong with asking someone to explain what they mean?

Kill yourself, retard.

South Korea is some kind of dystopic shit, just like North. Korea is a peninsula just fucked up

>Lady over Mister
Ignore this fucking pleb.

Korean movies are shit. Every year there's a new supposed Korean masterpiece of that ostensibly represents the unique flavors of Asian cinema we Westerners are so ignorant and dismissive towards, and every year I watch another disappointing piece of middlebrow genre shit disguised at arthouse that won big at Cannes or got talked up in the American "independent movie" press. If some American art thot blogger at Indiewire watches a movie in subtitles at a film festival, that apparently means it has credibility and value.

Recent mediocrities released by this talentless nation of insects:
- The Wailing
- Burning
- The Handmaiden
- Okja

Korea is what happens when God holds down on ctrl v for too long. One interchangeable indistinguishable cog after another. Bong Joon-ho has made three shit movies. I haven't seen this new one but I'll bet it's another trashy adolescent fantasy as well.

It makes me wonder, why do these people even bother with the arts? Koreans are meant to work and die, period. The female Korean Americans can be fetish ethnicity for college students, but they're not meant to create. The Korean is meant to copy. They aren't people.

Now JAPAN makes good movies. Not that anime garbage for pedophiles and 14 year-old girls either, beautiful and exciting thrillers and dramas with psychological depth and a sincerely unique and meaningful style. China has talent (China as in China, not one hit wonder Hong Kong Wai), and/or Taiwan. But Korea? I spit on Korea. I spit on the Korean people, who are not people at all but, as I've said, are insect-like soulless worthless demons.

>South Korea
>Conservative values
you think every asian country is like japan?