Dude i love movies man. I'm such a film buff

>dude i love movies man. I'm such a film buff
>cool, what's your favorite movie?
>pulp fiction, have you seen it man?

Attached: 1559758224816.jpg (500x322, 16K)

>clockwork orange
>night club

Attached: soy.gif (220x220, 17K)

Literally this whole board

Clockwork is not s o y.

Attached: NbW3QrMC5s-6.png (300x250, 21K)

>oh my brother, me and my droogies were dressed in the heigth of fashion
sounds reddit to me

the main character lured two 10 year olds and raped them in his room while blasting ludwig van.

Yeah, Das Boot (uncut) is my favorite movie, how can you tell?

Attached: 1559265539234.jpg (500x500, 28K)

thats a plot line straight out of rick and morty or whatever other "deep, wicked and nihilistic" shit the zoomers are into this month

Nothing wrong with that.
Has some jewish trickery in it though

dang rick and morty based af

Attached: 1556934419866.png (187x187, 62K)

>Tarantino and Nolan are my favorite directors

Attached: harrisonford.webm (1280x720, 2.86M)

lol what the fuck was this? was that on purpose for a bit or something?

> you're not really into films, pulp fiction is pleb tier
> oh yeah, what's your favorite film then?
> eternal sunshine of the spotless mind

>Sorry, I only watch kaiju and Dragon Ball kino

Attached: 1288E016-D060-48C6-8C34-947E1C2618D4.jpg (1080x1266, 85K)

isn't gigachad kind of old looking

Attached: 1549480705627.jpg (912x1024, 64K)

It's a good movie, you elitest faggot

>not redpilling your redditcore friends
You have a blank canvas and all the desire in the world.

most chad opinion

>favorite film used to be barry lyndon
>Yea Forums started watching it, now it's everyones favorite film
>too scared to say it's my favorite film now because I'll be accused of bandwagoning
being a cinephile who doesn't look like a pretentious pleb is hard work.

Attached: dust.jpg (2100x1181, 592K)

Kino

>watching movies
I’m so glad I kicked my habit
movies fucking blow

Attached: 8FADEBFF-A458-4FC8-816A-D6F6AF3FFA7A.jpg (701x668, 46K)

>he’s not aware of effay

Is this another one of those Yea Forums strawmens to make faggots feel better about themselves and their superior taste? Literally no one says shit like this.

>caring about others or what they may think
You're a bitch, user.

>t. projecting numale beta bitchboy

what the fuck is Yea Forums?

maybe in your shitty pleb circle, we bully every nolan and tranatino fan in my friend group

dude

you're absolutely right, it's hot topic edge

The book was written in the early 60s you turbo retard

It's Conan, what do you think?

>not knowing about based Schlansky

Attached: WySl0IX.png (268x325, 87K)

I say Drive and people think I'm some Fast and Furious brainlet

Attached: AA31B27B-AA3F-4D44-8100-F8AAD61B64F7.jpg (179x178, 14K)

>phoneposter
>frogposter
>driveposter

Yea Forums in 1 post

what's your honest answer Yea Forums?
i say usually Knight of Cups or Melancholia.
then again, i always thought it's a stupid question. you like certain films for different reasons and movies of different genres can't be compared equally.

>been browsing Yea Forums for 6 years
>favorite film is still Vampire in Brooklyn with Eddie Murphy

I feel like a God surrounded by ants.

Attached: Vampire_in_Brooklyn_675x380.jpg (675x380, 55K)

Well I think people who actually care for cinema don't have ONE movie to put on the top.
I usually say I don't have a particular one and name some of my favorites

I love Melancholia.
Right now my favorite is Dancer in the Dark or the Neon Demon

If they ask your favorite the assumption is it is due to your bias. If they ask for the greatest then they expect an objective critique of the works you personally have seen. As for my favorites i'd rather not say.
It is generally best to list 3-5 examples of your top pics if you actually want to have a conversation and prove you aren't just an asshole. Listing a top pick is more or less saying you don't want to talk about it.

My favorite film? The Holy Mountain of course.

Attached: 1556846583191.png (965x673, 584K)

Yes if I just say 2OO1: ASO there's a low chance the person even heard of it but listing some Scorese/Tarantino movies opens the conversation unless I'm talking to an absolute marvelfag

>i say usually Knight of Cups
based

dancer in the dark is something else. although i understand the criticism lars von trier gets, i love his films.

Throwing out well known films, like OP is making fun of, is a very legitimate way to break the ice. Even fans of recent super hero movies are fans of Tarantino and he is a good way to gauge how knowledgeable the person you are talking to is. But just blurting out actual cinema is a quick way to kill the vibe unless that person is already riding your dick.

He's my favorite director at the moment. All of his work is impactful and immersive, and they always have the best final acts.

>tfw nobody has heard of your favourite director
one day, i will find a filmfu who appreciates the works of Edward Yang

Attached: mf feel.jpg (250x250, 13K)

>As for my favorites i'd rather not say.
why not? it's anonymous.

>tfw you want to watch Kieślowski's Three Colors trilogy but your bf wants to do another Star Wars marathon

Attached: LtT8yNNb.jpg (160x160, 7K)

Went to see Drive at the cinemas and two guys walked out muttering "It's called Drive, why's there no driving?"

Drive is unironically a great movie.

My favorite films are very specific and once I become a famous and world renowned screenwriter and poet I don't want to have to change my answer for the cameras so no one associates me with this site above my own work. I am not ashamed of posting here but at that point my career will be so intertwined with others that a fall from grace on my end could put people I care for (by that point) in jeopardy and I would not want to do that disservice to people I care for or who have helped me.

i need to revisit some of his movies like Antichrist and Nymphomaniac because i watched them a bit too early on and didn't grasp their meaning well.
there's also a few of his films i need to see like Breaking of the Waves.
i did really enjoy his most recent one though

i think that's pretty silly. you can at least name 1 or 2 in good faith.

Attached: 1557334230966.jpg (1125x1102, 61K)

sneed

The House that Jack Built was great. The ending was breathtaking as usual. Yeah a lot of ppl don't like Nympho but I loved it - really sad movie but that's why I watch them. I was in a tough spot in my life and those 6 hours captivated me.
Breaking the Waves is spectacular though, especially the end. Some argue it's his best work.

>another 'woe is me' weltschmerz drama series instead of kickass space Opera with a number of themes dealing with politics, human nature, power etc

I only watch black & white student films scored by street musicians that are destroyed immediately upon viewing and never seen again, am I cool enough to hang out with you and your chad friends, user?

Attached: i am anoyed man.jpg (499x474, 68K)

In the book. They were older and consented in the movie

Oh well, fine. On the Silver Globe, The Bird Cage, Harold & Maud, Return to Oz, and Scanners are all in my top 50 generally. Though I wouldn't use any of those in a normal conversation, simply because most people won't have heard of any of them.

Unironically Apocalypse Now

Attached: 1515108719925.gif (500x250, 488K)

Where can I find a good quality copy of On the Silver Globe?

There is a Finnish man currently selling a copy on Ebay for 500~ USD. Though I think you may want to just find a rip of it online.

This. Vidya is where the true kino's at

Damn! I wish Criterion or Arrow would pick some up.

Criterion logically should but I am sure there is a reason they have not that I am not privy to.

>t. basedboy

I say Taxi Driver when people ask me

Attached: 1561045211572.jpg (480x360, 13K)

but White is quintessential incel kino

Alright faggots, give me some normalfag answers that are still kino.
The aforementioned pulp fiction, donnie darko, blade runner, groundhog day, fear and loathing, what?

the ending of the House That Jack Built was so good, whoever designed and built the sets deserves a raise (or an award)

iktf

Attached: 1517470104266.jpg (603x603, 34K)

check’d and correct
I also like to read books and manga and listen to/make my own music. but yes vidya is better than film. basically every entertainment medium, besides tv, is better than movies.

>For me, it's the original Men In Black

Attached: 1560867534429.jpg (776x872, 85K)

Grand Budapest Hotel usually appeals to normalfags. If they have a passing knowledge of films but don't really watch any you can throw out Mulholland Drive. Memento is a good pick too as most people have at least heard of it.

This has happened to me lol. It's not even Tarantino's best film.

Mulholland and Momento are good ideas, thanks friend.

>space opera

Attached: 1560875402022.png (644x800, 15K)

>dude you love movies? what kind of movies do you like?
>dunno, vertigo, the movie form the 50s.
>have you seen the dark knight?? that movie fucking rocked man!
true story

That's what you get for dating npcs

Never go full retard.

Yikes

I always say American Psycho... but people don't ask often and they usually ask me for recs