Um? Redpill me on what this was supposed mean

Um? Redpill me on what this was supposed mean.

Attached: the-photograph-at-the-end-of-stanley-kubricks-the-shining-explained-by-screenwriter-social.jpg (1920x1080, 416K)

Other urls found in this thread:

visual-memory.co.uk/amk/doc/interview.ts.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

he's always been the manager you dumb nigge

It's not supposed to make sense. It's supposed to make you go "whoah wait what". Kubrick was a hack.

All of those people in the picture are ghosts haunting the hotel

You're most likely a zoomerfag so why even bother

>It's not supposed to make sense
???
The whole fucking movie sets this shot up. Jack is a reincarnation/has been possessed by the past manager of the Overlook hotel who killed his family, and has been reincarnating/possessing people for many years. Literally could not be more clear cut.

Imagine literally being brainlet filtered by The Shining. Jesus Christ.

sneed

>Kubrick was a hack.
This is your brain on twitter.

Baphomet

the film mentions nothing about any of this

it's supposed to mean ambiguity (and that's a good thing)

Jack was a child molester

Attached: 1560427466317.png (892x498, 961K)

The guy that was supposed to be in the picture called in sick that day so Jack filled in

I haven't had anyone hold my hand since my last girlfriend, movies included

Attached: 1517431647373.webm (1280x718, 2.94M)

ummm actually sweety it's about faking the moon landing

nice try though with your surface level analysis

What I dont get is how Jack Nicholson's character was alive for over 100 years but dies to the cold

He forgot his winter coat

Well thats a pretty shitty premise for a horror film.

What do you think is happening in half the scenes in this movie? What did you think the whole section with Delbert Grady was about? That he was just some spooky butler dude?

I have never heard this interpretation before. When is it at all suggested that he was possessed or the reincarnation of the "manager" of the Overlook?

> ()

>Baphomet
more like braphomet

kino

but ma nigga doin the wrong hand signs

Attached: 31582292_10211823932540719_1993854381514031104_n-1150x953.jpg (1150x953, 140K)

He was white man all along.

It's very obviously implied by the photo, for starters. As Delbert Grady tells him, he has "always been the caretaker".

This isn't really a theory, by the way. Kubrick basically straight up confirmed this. There's no real mystery to it.

What is this from bros

The Shining

it's kubrick so it's all nonsense that's meant to appear as being full of intrigue, but in actuality isn't

sure is summer in here

They were a family of ghosts all along

It means read the fucking book because Kubrick is a hack.

Give it a rest Stephen, its been almost 40 years

What I dont get is
Why is his left arm fucked up like that?
Feels edited in even

Holy fucking based. I love this place.

The 'photo' is actually a painting that Jack was working on in some scenes earlier in the film.

Its suppose to mean that kubrick was a hack and this movie fucking sucks

Imagine being this much of a brainlet, unironic yikes my man.

To quote myself:
"Shining is only good because of Kubrick like others have said. If you stumble upon a movie based on his [Stephen King's] books that is actually decent, it's 100% the responsibility of the directors and screenwriters who managed to turn a turd into a diamond. All of the people who willed this Herculean task into fruition should get a special Oscar for the effort alone.

Stephen is a progressive liberal pedophile and, as it's written for most part, his work inherits his deviations and mental ailments.

He's a hack of the highest order, the pedo version of Paulo Coelho of the US and deserves nothing but scorn and the general disgust of the public. Knowing him, though, that might probably turn him on."

Attached: 1403793423460.jpg (200x274, 22K)

I'm out of loop, how is King a pedo?

there's a reason all the IT adaptations are missing 1 particular scene

Attached: 1548904834777.jpg (1631x1872, 116K)

In the end, the real shining was the friends we made along the way.

All the souls that the hotel has trapped appears in that photo. So when Jack dies he is magic'd into the photo. It's to indicate his soul is lost.

Yeah. The BEST scene. Which you would understand if you weren't retarded. Also, The Shining sucks anyway.

>Redpill me
Kubrik's hidden message of this movie that he filmed the moon landing (yes, it was fake).

What is Jack holding and why is the guy behind him trying to suppress it?

>As Delbert Grady tells him, he has "always been the caretaker".
How retarded do you have to be to take this so literally.
>Kubrick basically straight up confirmed this.
No, he didn't.

>Also, The Shining sucks anyway.
cope

beautiful

Attached: (you).png (621x443, 26K)

visual-memory.co.uk/amk/doc/interview.ts.html

>How do you see the main character of Jack in The Shining?

>"Jack comes to the hotel psychologically prepared to do its murderous bidding. He doesn't have very much further to go for his anger and frustration to become completely uncontrollable. He is bitter about his failure as a writer. He is married to a woman for whom he has only contempt. He hates his son. In the hotel, at the mercy of its powerful evil, he is quickly ready to fulfill his dark role."

>So you don't regard the apparitions as merely a projection of his mental state?

>"For the purposes of telling the story, my view is that the paranormal is genuine. Jack's mental state serves only to prepare him for the murder, and to temporarily mislead the audience.

>And when the film has finished? What then?

"I hope the audience has had a good fright, has believed the film while they were watching it, and retains some sense of it. The ballroom photograph at the very end suggests the reincarnation of Jack."

It's funny that he tacked on this line and didn't really clarify his point.

Either it's a cinematic flourish that symbolizes Jack's being subsumed into the Overlook, or he went back in time or was reincarnated

Only one of those options isn't super retarded but take your pick everyone else does

None of that outright states or even implies that he is the reincarnation of some 'manager' or that Grady is also one of these reincarnations. He is simply saying that Jack is 'reincarnated' into being one of the many ghosts in the hotel.

I wasn't confirming the other guy's statement, I was putting the only relevant interview quote out there as a discussion topic. It could go either way, but I think, based on Kubrick talking about how Jack was already a bad person ready to do some evil shit if gently nudged by the hotel, that it's not a reincarnation or possession thing, so I'd lean toward him just joining the ranks of other people the hotel has fucked with in the picture.

Oh, ok. Yeah that is pretty much how I see it as well.