Walking with Dinosaurs

>The most fearsome predator of the Jurassic is watching his prey. Peering through the water, the carnivore fixes on his unwary victim, waiting for the perfect moment to strike.

Attached: Eustreotps.png (1025x769, 973K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/aIfI1Al1jFQ
youtu.be/VYxs8NixEmA
youtube.com/watch?v=tv3WhUqpKhE
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Temnodontosaurus
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pliosaurus
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thalassocnus
youtube.com/watch?v=r1yv7Pi78Og
youtube.com/watch?v=e0hudutVDdc
youtu.be/-mv_v4ltSrY
gizmodo.com/how-does-a-110-million-year-old-dinosaur-still-have-its-1795224392
youtube.com/watch?v=qj9qCA91NqA
guinnessworldrecords.com/world-records/most-expensive-television-documentary-series-per-minute/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Head-Smashed-In_Buffalo_Jump
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_lions_in_Europe
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jaguar
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cougar
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_lion
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Short-faced_bear
jenniferedwards.co.uk/unitygames/BigAlGame/
youtube.com/watch?v=WSe8n2tUKOo
youtube.com/watch?v=Oy11_y--Uug
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reign_(TV_series)
youtube.com/watch?v=vvev4R2PVJQ
bbcearth.com/prehistoricplanet
youtube.com/watch?v=pmf-NqEZ7tY
youtube.com/watch?v=tK5kl4gWZls
youtube.com/watch?v=bP3JkC0FyMI
youtube.com/watch?v=XG37l52dX8Y
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>AUUUUUUUUUUUGH

Attached: images (13).jpg (739x415, 34K)

It wasn't really that big.

What if he falls in? How can he swim with those little arms?

fucking dino kino. I remember being scared shitless by that scene.

Walking with dinosaurs was kino,

This, gremlins, Fritos, hot chocolate with the dried marshmallows, and bionicles were my life at my grandparents house when I was young

I thought this was going to segue into
>American show: YOU WOULDN'T WANT TO MESS WITH THIS HOMBRE

reminder that this actually fucking happened

>Liopleurodon ferox first came to the public attention in 1999 when it was featured in an episode of the BBC television series Walking with Dinosaurs, which depicted it as an enormous 25 m (82 ft) long predator
OH NO NO NO NO NO
>The largest species, L. ferox, is estimated to have grown up to 6.4 metres (21 ft) in length.[1]
HAHAHAHA

that looks like garbage
you need some trey the explainer in your life

the size was overestimated

Attached: f3c7f305afeb372e88ae1be9fb4ce216.jpg (1121x1599, 145K)

How do you overestimate bones?

youtu.be/aIfI1Al1jFQ

He can actually. At least in the show, that dinosaur is shown paddling with his hind legs and use his fore legs/arms to balance himself in the surface. In the show it's a scavenger that moves from island to island, so of course it needs to know how to swim.

*ahem*
youtu.be/VYxs8NixEmA

Attached: download.jpg (259x194, 3K)

The soundtrack in this is pure kino.
*guitar riff and quick cuts intensifies*

The originally only had the skull of a leopleurodon, and because of this they needed to estimate the size of the body from the size of the skull. To do this they compared it with animals such as crocodiles and other sea predators. However it turns out that leopleurodon has a very large head relative to body size, based on more recent discoveries, so the size of the body was overestimated. Doesn't change the fact that the thing has a huge head and set of jaws

I remember this plays out for my VHS as well,

>the ultimate sea predators
>blue whale

Fuck that is one based ass composition
I need to get some good orchestra VSTs

krill are prey

If you are krill, blue whales are the god of death.

The biggest highly predatory sea reptile was probably mosasaurus. He wasn't as big as the Jurassic World one, but still reached some 15-17 meters.
There were bigger marine reptiles, but they weren't apex predators.

The scene of the dinosaur laying an egg is burnt into my memory

>but they weren't apex predators.
Well it's not like there is anything big enough to gobble them except each other. Like this guy:
youtube.com/watch?v=tv3WhUqpKhE
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Temnodontosaurus

or this:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pliosaurus

I think they are smaller than mosasaurus, but still pretty worthy contender for top predators.

Attached: 960px-Temnodont_burg22DB.jpg (960x768, 80K)

This actually happened.

Attached: i2vpw7btlrm21.jpg (866x658, 87K)

i still dont understand what's the purpose of those tiny t-rex hands. do archaeologist really know what a t-rex looks like? it wouldve been more believable if it actually had feathers on its body just like a fucking ostrich

Dumb fucking otters

We really need a new show like this. But not about only dinosaurs.

The weird thingy from the left just look on casually as his buddy got eaten lmao.

>hmm yes this will be quite a show

sloths

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thalassocnus

According the the American Museum of Natural History here's your T-Rex bro.

Attached: T Rex The Ultimate Predator.jpg (2000x1333, 187K)

Dinosaurs aren't as popular outside the Jurassic Park/World series I guess. But BBC did manage to turn the original show into a successful TV franchise during the early to mid 2000's. ITV also made a spin-off based on those shows (Prehistoric Park) and a scripted drama (Primeval). And of course Discovery Channel made several more of those dinosaur documentary with cheaper CGI.

Attached: WWseries.png (924x645, 1.62M)

Baby T-Rex.

Attached: Baby T-Rex.jpg (1020x572, 39K)

*blocks your path*

Attached: 7344ccaa7c006371f6a276331bf8cc44.jpg (750x1000, 124K)

I wish they just do an updated version of this. Make it like the original and dont cheap out on the effects.

>that monkey sex scene in Walking With Beasts

Fucking jawlets when will they learn?

Lmao Walking with Beast has a sex scene every episode, like how GoT did it during the early seasons.
>Monkey sex
>Whale sex
>Indricothere sex
>Hominid sex
>Saber tooth sex
>Mammoth sex
Imagine being the guys who animate those scenes.

MAHDEEEEEEEEEEEEK

Giant of the Skies > everything else

Ballad of Big Al is pretty kino
youtube.com/watch?v=r1yv7Pi78Og

I watch Beasts more than Dinosaurs desu. They're both kino though.

The Big Al game was some good stuff.

Tbf continuing your species is the goal of all animals

I never grow into an adult in that game. I remember how as a little baby I still got BTFO by a fucking scorpion. After wandering around for a while I finally got eaten by an older Allosaurus. Not sure what happens if you manage to survive long enough.

>Big Al
The Diplodocus Hunt scene is the pinnacle of WwD

Fite me

Attached: wholesome.jpg (817x544, 120K)

Whales looks so retarded.

End game is just have as much sex as possible.

These dino kinos made me wish that they were still alive as a kid. I also wanted an Archaeopteryx for a pet, it's not fair bros.

Attached: Archaeopteryx.jpg (555x801, 79K)

Monsters was great too. Although it goes by really quickly

Can the females try to kill me like what happen in the show?
>being told to have sex
>gets killed

me in the middle

Yes. There was a whole process you had to go through to try and impress females. If you fuck up they could just wreck your shit.

Snow kino
>That huge Amphibian being the Last of it's kind because it's too cold for crocs

JUST

According to the writers they don't make it into the typical 6 episode series because they can't make a 'dramatic' story line with such primal creatures whose urge are mainly to kill each other and breed. I watched it in some of their behind the scenes video on youtube, not sure if it's still there.
Anyway the dimetrodon scene from 'Monsters' is pretty great. And the only segment with an actual 'dramatic' story I think.
youtube.com/watch?v=e0hudutVDdc

>
>Yes. There was a whole process you had to go through to try and impress females. If you fuck up they could just wreck your shit.
It was a questionnair lol

>It was a questionnair lol
Kek, what is this? OkCupid for dinosaurs?

Attached: 96e.jpg (600x400, 22K)

Have you never heard of vestigial limbs?

> (You)
>Anyway the dimetrodon scene from 'Monsters' is pretty great. And the only segment with an actual 'dramatic' story I think.
>Mother protects eggs to her Last breath
>Tries to eat newborns the moment they get out
Kino

Yeah, it's pretty messed up. But apparently that's what komodo dragons do irl which they use as the basis for the story.

Reminder that all these paleological shit dummies are not relevant and just a rough sketche of what actualy could look like beast based only on fossils
IRL these beasts most likely looked diferently
AND WE WILL NEVER KNOW HOW

Attached: this is how a cow would look if scientists reconstructed it from fossils.jpg (1840x1226, 1.37M)

It's fucking cool yeah. Giant amphibians are still a thing, but they 'only' reach lengths of up to 1,5 meters. Would've been awesome to see an actual giant one

Which were the best in the series? Considering watching some good BBC dinosaur kino.

They probably looked pretty similar to modern reconstructions. We have some very well preserved dinosaur fossils.

>Curvy Sauropd lookin for a stable relationship with a bull who stands over things

>is there a bigger JUST than this, fellas?

Attached: JUST.jpg (680x695, 58K)

Actually they didn't
Actually they look like that

Attached: anigif_original-28125-1435002701-42.gif (392x255, 1.7M)

All of them are good, but for the love of god don't watch the bottom right monstrosity

Beasts > Monsters > Cavemen (all of them worth watching)
The ITV-series never caught my fancy, too much 'rule of cool' but poorly executed.

Birds are based.

>In terms of overall quality
Walking with Dinosaurs + Ballad of Big Al
>In terms of story & music
Walking with Beasts
>In terms of special effects
Walking with Monsters
Just avoid the movie and you are fine. Even the ones with Nigel Marven and the cavemen one are still pretty entertaining.

Why wouldn't you put an eagle on the right?
There were plenty of dinosaurs who were just food for the others, like everything Hadrosaur

>We have some very well preserved dinosaur fossils.
You don't get it
You can't build muscles, skin tissue based only on a rough petrified skeleton.
You cannot reimagine this things the way they were
Because there is no trace of them
They're lost
Forever

Attached: This is what your cute little cat would look like..jpg (640x426, 56K)

>Loses Total Continental Dominion
>Evolves into the Dominating Aerial Species
Why are Birds so based?

But other than the coloring and over-emphasized tail, it looks pretty much exactly like a cow? Under-thicc to be sure, but that's partly due to our being used to seeing cows fed up for meat production.

Everyone knows there is remains a fair degree of interpretation about paleontologist reconstructions (for some features more than others), those doing it professionally don't claim otherwise. But if this image in particular is supposed to be a cautionary tale ... then, I mean, it suggests they're probably doing a reasonable job?

>That zooming shot of diplodocuses in Time of the Titans
Nah.

youtu.be/-mv_v4ltSrY

Attached: Screenshot_2019-06-20-11-47-26-415_com.google.android.youtube.png (1920x1080, 1.41M)

>rough petrified skeleton

Attached: Nodosaur.jpg (4032x3024, 2.57M)

The Nihilism otter knows that life and death are just arbitrary constructs of material mind

Is he okay?

Just sleeping

He's sleeping.

that's a reconstruction

>cock-a-doodle-doo

Not really, he's hit rock bottom

I just remembered that birds can be fucking creepy at times. How fucking horrifying were their ancestors? We could only imagine.

Attached: It will kill you.jpg (1280x800, 83K)

>WHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIRRRRRRRRRRR

Gay

No, it's not. And it's remarkably similar to scientists' guesses at how Ankylosauridae looked when they were alive, validating the techniques used to estimate their soft-tissue appearance.
That isn't to say that a lot of remarkable detail is forever unknowable - think of tropical birds of paradise with their bright plumage and elaborate, decorative feathers, none of which is indicated by their skeletons.

gizmodo.com/how-does-a-110-million-year-old-dinosaur-still-have-its-1795224392

youtube.com/watch?v=qj9qCA91NqA

Attached: mbison.jpg (480x360, 11K)

There used to be giant birds that can hunt large to medium sized mammals. Not sure why they all went extinct, probably mammals are just that good or they just sucked when it comes to facing climate change.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 210K)

Birds are creepy because of their beaks I think. They can't emote like mammals and have the same expression all the time.

chickens aren't birds you fucking retards

Africans ate them all, thats where fried chicken comes from

I loved these as a kid, I thought they were far too rare to see a Yea Forums thread on them. My favourite was the one under the sea

Terror Birds. They went the way of the dodo:
Wolves were better teammates
Cats were better singleplayers
Bears were better everything
Birdbones suck

the animations back then were absurdly good for their time, peak of documentary making

literally murder trillions everyday, the hitler of the sea

Yea Forums got documentary threads from time to time. Yeah, the ocean creature one was my favorite too next to the flying reptiles one.

Which animal had the best death?

>This is what your cute little cat would look like
What? No. That image is ridiculously dishonest, at least for modern reconstruction work. You would certainly have trouble working out what sort of fur the creature might have had (extent, structure, length, coloring, etc), but these things are very much put in context.

We'd understand it was a feline, of which we have many extant and extinct examples to compare to. Even if there were no extant examples in the same family, we can use techniques like phylogenetic bracketing to determine some of these characteristics. We'd also be able to make some judgements based on climate and utility, informed by modern animals or those in the fossil record with skin impressions, which we might collect for this species as well. There is always going to be some uncertainty, but we have a multitude of different ways to estimate these things. The reconstruction of the cow above was at least reasonable in how you mischaracterize some features, but simply illustrating a cat in supposed-to-be-ridiculous lizard skin is just dishonest.

If my Google-fu is correct, the book these examples are taken from is pretty meh in their presentation. The elephant is one such example that gets thrown around a lot, people wonder if we'd be able to reconstruct their trunk. My understanding is that it's clear that there should be something there - there are a lot of anchoring points on the skull indicating a large, muscled appendage. So while they would probably have a hard time reconstructing an actual trunk, they'd be able to say "there was something significant here" and apply plausible speculation based on extant creatures with similar anchor points, assumptions about what such an appendage would be needed for (near the mouth, so food?), etc. They wouldn't just give it a comical clown nose and call it a day.

There is a reason for that:
guinnessworldrecords.com/world-records/most-expensive-television-documentary-series-per-minute/

>Depicting how dinosaurs lived, reproduced and became extinct, the BBC's documentary series Walking with Dinosaurs cost over £37,654 ($61,112) per minute to produce.
>Taking over two years to produce, the six part series, with each episode having a running time of 27 minutes, cost a total of £6.1 million ($9.9 million).
Not sure if they are still the record holder, I feel like those David Attenborough documentaries from the last few years are super expensive since they go all over the world and use advanced cameras.

The giant pterosaurus from episode 3
Or the old postosuchus from the first episode.
Generally being the most badass creature in your setting means a death sentence in this show, while the small weak ones usually make it all the way to the end.

>that one pterosaur who came too late to the mating and didnt get a gf so he just stood there an died alone

The book is from 2012, though. It's mainly a book from and for paleoartists to not 'shrink-wrap' dinosaurs.

NO HE'S DEAD

I don't think this is a very justified position. Crocodiles and birds DO look shrink wrapped, and they are dinosaur's closest relatives

>birds do look shrink wrapped
Only if you take away their feathers. Birds are essentially dinosaurs.

>literally me

Their heads dont have feathers, neither do their legs

>watching walking with monsters, walking with dinosaurs, walking with beasts and walking with cavemen back to back
Very comfy, would recommend.

That's plenty of meat.

Attached: cassowary.jpg (1280x1631, 246K)

Need an entire episode dedicated to following the Neanderthals from walking with cavemen lads.
The scene where they bring down the mammoth was pure kino.

This awful CG scene is simply unforgettable.

I want an episode on Australia

For me, it's the Chubster.

I think the mammoth hunting from Walking With Beasts is more kino, at least thanks to the soundtrack.
>in 'Cavemen' they drop a really big rock to wound the mammoth
>in 'Beasts' the mad men just rush and scares the mammoths with fire to the edge of the cliff.

It is easily the worst in the series, still kino

He looks mad as fuck.

>to not 'shrink-wrap' dinosaurs.
Sure, but this is why I thought the cow from earlier in the thread was a good example. Because other than a few minor exaggerations and superficial details like the coloring, it just looks like a somewhat underweight cow. The message is properly conveyed without needing to remove all reasonable context by giving it sci-fi skin or replacing its hooves with clown feet.

Reconstructions aren't done in a vacuum, so presenting outlandish-on-purpose reconstructions as if they ARE done as such is just weird.

Lions got JUST'd hard

Attached: leo.png (629x359, 214K)

dinosaurs are honestly fake as fuck lmao how stupid do people have to be to believe this garbage

Is that the creationists told you?

anyone got that webm of the owl chicks who look like aliens?

>in 'Beasts' the mad men just rush and scares the mammoths with fire to the edge of the cliff.
There is a place like this in Alberta called Head-Smashed-In Buffalo Jump where natives did exactly this to kill hundreds of bison at a time.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Head-Smashed-In_Buffalo_Jump

Do we have baby t-rex fossils or are they just making shit up?

Humans are just the better predators. Big cats used to be our prime enemy, but after we start getting better and inventing weapons and learn how to use fire, they all get BTFO. Also, the saber-tooths supposedly can't survive after we exterminate all the big creatures who used to be their prey. That or climate change really fuck their shit up.

its all made up dude, you can determine basically nothing from bones alone

>lions in Europe and America
lmao what

>people actually believe that animals can grow this big on land

Attached: main-qimg-ccbd2d21508ee5325673eb06ae917b0f.jpg (1095x730, 195K)

Don't forget that motherfucker is supposedly a herbivore. How many calories in a leaf? Dude would have to eat literally a billion leafs a day. There literally isn't even enough time in a day for him to eat enough leafs to sustain himself even if all he did all day long was chew and swallow.

>being ignorant
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_lions_in_Europe
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jaguar
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cougar

Also those fuckers were supposed to live in groups.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_lion

>The American lion is estimated to have measured 1.6 to 2.5 m (5 ft 3 in to 8 ft 2 in)[14] from the tip of the nose to the base of the tail and stood 1.2 m (3.9 ft) at the shoulder. Thus, it was smaller than its contemporary competitor, the giant short-faced bear, which was the largest carnivoran of North America at the time, and larger than the saber-toothed cat, Smilodon fatalis, which may have weighed up to 280 kg (620 lb).[15] In 2008, the American lion was estimated to weigh up to 420 kg (930 lb).[16][17] A study in 2009 showed an average weight of 256 kg (564 lb) for males and 351 kg (774 lb) for the largest specimen analyzed.[3] A study in 2012 estimated a range of 235–523 kg (518–1,153 pounds) for males and 175–365 kg (386–805 pounds) for females, which suggests that the lion was heavier than Smilodon.
TLDR: fucker is bigger than a saber tooth or modern lions.

Attached: 800px-Panthera_leo_atrox_Sergiodlarosa.jpg (799x522, 60K)

>even american lions are XXL
OH SAY CANT YOU SEEEEEEEEE

Are you me?

Stop replying to yourself, you suck at bait

Attached: Know-Your-Meme_Eat-My-Ass-Boy-FuckUForReadingThis.jpg (1000x1000, 59K)

Everything is bigger in Burgerland

Attached: 3f65d4cd2dee87a293e03caf4fba7dcf.jpg (500x223, 27K)

Hello fellow flish fans

Attached: Flish.jpg (638x360, 78K)

hmm maybe go suck a dino dick you dinofaggot

Attached: Untitled.png (594x268, 63K)

Yep, we have infant T.rex fossils. This is actually a fairly interesting point though, because it can be hard at times to tell if a fossil is an infant of a larger animal, or just a smaller animal in its own right. There have been a few species reclassified out of existence as it became clear they were merely juvenile examples of larger animals. Dracorex (famous for being named after the Harry Potter series) is potentially one of these fossils, its fossil may simply be a juvenile Pachy.

We all know he's baiting.

Is it possible to find a copy of that game anywhere? I spent hours as a little kid playing it.

>Bears were better everything
Bears are pure kino
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Short-faced_bear
>In a recent study, the mass of six A. simus specimens was estimated, one-third of them weighed about 900 kg (1 short ton), the largest 957 kg (2,110 lb), suggesting specimens that big were probably more common than previously thought.[2] It stood 8–10 feet (2.4–3.0 m) tall on hind legs[8], with a large specimen standing up to 11–12 feet (3.4–3.7 m) tall with a 14-foot (4.3 m) vertical arm reach. When walking on all fours, it stood 5–6 feet (1.5–1.8 m) high at the shoulder and would be tall enough to look a human in the eye.[9][10][11] At Riverbluff Cave, Missouri, a series of claw marks up to 15 feet (4.57 m) high have been found along the cave wall indicating short-faced bears up to 12 feet (3.66 m) tall.[12][13]

Attached: 800px-ArctodusSimusReconstruct.jpg (800x481, 82K)

Tell me how a thing that size is meant to sustain itself on leafs. Go on I will wait.

jenniferedwards.co.uk/unitygames/BigAlGame/
Here you go user.
It's exactly the same game just recreated. I swear the swamp was at the top of the map though

I think ichthyosaurs are fucking cool. They did the whole fish form convergent evolution thing millions of years before whales and dolphins thought it was cool.

>Dracorex
>what the hell?
>google it

That's one cool motherfucker we have her.

I think someone on Yea Forums did try to reach out the original game dev, but apparently all of it belongs to the BBC and the original site which contain the game is down. I can't find the exact thread obviously.

m8 this shit was cutting-edge stuff back in the day, especially for a TV documentary.

Attached: 1472962498114.jpg (477x347, 38K)

Don't have sex, your genes should end with you

Tell me how a thing the size of a blue whale is meant to sustain itself on microscopic organisms. Go on I will wait.

>walking with dinosaurs thread on Yea Forums

Attached: F2D3F981-310B-4313-B4C5-0BF248DFA219.jpg (720x350, 36K)

Attached: velo-proto-fighting-pair-plq-email.jpg (568x269, 68K)

So you have no answer. I'm not even baiting I am one hundred percent fucking serious. Explain to me how a thing 10 times larger than an African elephant is meant to sustain itself eating fucking LEAFS. And explain to me how you can even determine what something ate form 65 million year old bones.

These dino "scientists" are worse than Jon fucking Snow, they know literally nothing. Thirty years ago dinosaurs were giant lizards. Today? Lol jk they were actually covered in feathers like birds. Honestly fuck off. Nobody knows jack shit about these creatures.

Attached: PBF257-One_Time_Thing.png (900x1209, 307K)

Attached: 1463816733690.png (625x626, 44K)

To put it in a modern perspective, elephants eat leafs and grass. They do no just stand around and eat either, they munch a little here and there. A larger creature will have to eat more, for sure, but with good metabolism it was definitely doable in a good environment.

And since you are going to ask, ask your special ed. wrangler to explain metabolism to you once he comes back from the bathroom with the kid who likes to piss in his own mouth.

Should have done it with a buddy.
youtube.com/watch?v=WSe8n2tUKOo

Blue whales are efficient. They literally float through the ocean filtering water through their baleen plates practically all day long, allowing their food to pass through, up to 8,000 pounds a day. Eating leafs branch by branch isn't efficient, practical, or even possible.

Think about that. A blue whale, much smaller than the dinosaur we are talking about, can eat up to 8,000 pounds of food a day. How many fucking leafs is that? It literally is not mathematically possible.

>Think about that.
Take your own advice.

Attached: blquan5bhdf8gcgihiko.jpg (1600x900, 69K)

>not white tips' journey
youtube.com/watch?v=Oy11_y--Uug

wasted and absolutely retarded get

I came so close to becoming a Palaeontologist between this and Jurassic Park. Instead I'm doing a PhD in History on this en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reign_(TV_series)

I feel like I failed somewhere.

>he won't even think about it for a second because it completely shatters your entire universe

I'm deadly fucking serious. Just think about it logically.

based
I remember watching the episode with the hopping slugs at my granddads house

imagine unironically pusuing a doctorate in the humanities lmao kys retard

>can choose to make a career out of giant dinosaurs
>instead make a career out of some cunt who probably got carried by the men surrounding her

I went for molecular biology instead of palaeontology, because there's just way more money to be made

>Just think about it logically.
Take your own advice.

>I feel like I failed
Given that you're doing your PhD on a TV show and a TV show about one of the most overhyped non-entities in history as well, I'd agree.

You keep saying that but it seems I'm the only one who actually has instead of gobbling up the same retarded bullshit he's been fed since practically the very day he was born.

Ahem
FUCK TERABYTES

Attached: Terabyte.jpg (350x250, 22K)

>instead of gobbling up the same retarded bullshit
lol

This show is okay, but honestly some bits just feel too anthropomorphized /'human' for my taste. I prefer the grittier natural style of BBC documentary. That being said, at least the guys on Discovery Channel actually try to give the raptors feathers

>116900132

Attached: 1449353049851.png (625x626, 74K)

Why can nobody know?

literally ever kid that age wanted to be one.

You still have not provided me with an answer as to how something with a mass much greater than a blue whale is supposed to be able to eat tens of thousands of pounds of leafs branch by branch every single day. Instead you laugh at me and call me retarded. If you actually know then tell me and maybe I won't be so "retarded". The problem is you don't have the fucking answer and you only call me retarded because I challenge your worldview. You're a joke.

Planet dinosaur and/or Dinosaur planet were both kino

Absolutely disgusting.

>Instead you laugh at me and call me retarded.
Correct.

Here's the thing: you don't actually know either way. You're not a paleontologist or a biologist. All you know is what people tell you and you're such a fucking retarded know nothing spineless loser that you have never bothered to ask questions. Here I am asking questions and literally inviting experts to explain to me otherwise because I'm the first one to say I honestly don't know and all logic points to it being impossible. And all you can do is chuck shit because you're a fucking idiot with no answers and no knowledge and no balls. You're a loser.

>watch our planet
>get to the part where the elephants have it rough, going through a desert area to find food
>try the usual place
>no fruit this year, leaves are too high

This was both sad and hilarious.

>Instead you laugh at me and call me retarded

Attached: 1559950615773.jpg (610x500, 77K)

samefag

>Here's the thing: you don't actually know either way.
Wrong.

Yet another comfy thread ruined by faggots
You done fucked it up lads

ok m8, good job

Lmao, I thought this thread is going to be about feather vs no feather or arguing that liopleurodon in the show is oversized. But it turns into some weird debate about metabolism.

Attached: lancel-lannister.jpg (968x681, 24K)

>weird debate about metabolism
a legitimate debate, and perhaps one of the most important

WWD was KINO

Walking With Mammals (Walking With Beasts?) was pretty good too.

where in the fuck is it called walking with mammals

The people used to pick on me at school cause i did the "hee hoo hah" theme song under my breath

Worst episode and why is it Spirits of the Ice forest?
Apart from the koolasuchus its crap

amazing

In German it's called "the heirs of the dinos"

The Shrimp holocaust never happened

Speaking of ruining a good comfy thread: remember the Walking with Dinosaurs 3D movie that had voice overs in the states?

Attached: 11177877_ori.jpg (800x1200, 377K)

Part of my fossil collection back when paleontology was my life's desire. Collected these from all over.

Attached: IMG_20190620_222458.jpg (3456x3456, 3.42M)

The focus creature isn't as fun/interesting as the other episodes. Still I don't expect the leader just got eaten by the allosaurus halfway through. Shit is pretty grim, the allosaurus just straight ripping it's head off.

I'm honestly not sure but I can vaguely remember it having both the Mammals and Beasts name. I could just be having a retarded memory moment from when I was a kid lol

kek
youtube.com/watch?v=vvev4R2PVJQ

The T-Rex Episode. The Tyrannosaurs have the worst model in the show and the wxtinction isn't explored enough.

nigga you clearly dont remember when this aired, those visuals were fucking insane

BBC re-release that movie but without the voice-over.
bbcearth.com/prehistoricplanet
Narrated by Benedict Cumberbatch now.

Attached: 2czx90000f41000.jpg (1026x544, 139K)

lads
youtube.com/watch?v=pmf-NqEZ7tY

>basilosaurus not listed
pathetic

you aren't being a master troll you've just lost an argument now everyone itt knows whoever has typed out these posts is a lesser man

What were they thinking?

*blocks your path*

Attached: 2015_CSK_11006_0051_000(the_skull_of_a_basilosaurus_alabama_usa)[1].jpg (2759x3200, 317K)

Not as popular or not as big irl perhaps.

>still going at it

based postosuchus poster

>Nothing personell, kid

Where is that 3D game where you can get to the salt-flats at the end and spawn dinos?
that was WwD too, right?

Yeah that was the walking with dinosaurs 3d game. No idea if you can still get it though

>Proto-sea otter criminals are a cowardly, superstitious lot.

It's just sad. At first we think that he is the 'main villain/monster' of the episode, but after it got injured it's just struggling to survive until finally it just can't fight anymore and eaten by a bunch of weak, scrawny dinosaurs who are the 'protagonists'.

Attached: p02byjsc.jpg (1200x675, 179K)

I'm beginning to think everything we were taught about T-Rex was a lie. How much do these bonesniffers actually know about anything

bro, we all wanted that, except what we really wanted was to be a based dinosaur fact and trivia master, not dig up bones in the desert all day and write papers

This is the one: youtube.com/watch?v=tK5kl4gWZls

But it should have

Digging Bones keeps you fit. And you get to travel to exotic locations. The real bugger is all the scientific terminology you have to use. I took a single paper in Palaeontology at University and the amount you have to learn will boggle the mind.

>224 posts about nature doc
>no one has prayed to the mantis
Cursed thread

>Cursed thread
its full of dino shills

Shut up dinosaur nerd

Who still has their old WwD book? I tried to get my 3rd grade class to watch WwD for a movie day, and was super pissed when they wouldn't even though it was educational.

Attached: P6[1].jpg (480x480, 33K)

Insectfags get out

Fuck off

This is a dinosaur thread. That meme only works for Attenborough documentary threads.

Attached: 2f2.png (645x589, 175K)

>they wouldn't even though it was educational
surprise: its not educational because its made up

I have the WWB book and love it, I spent hours reading that shit and writing time travel stories based off it.

I convinced my class to watch Walking with Beasts, the episode with the Australopithecus. When the two of them started banging the entire class started to giggle.

My teacher made me watch episode 1 & 2 for Geology class during high school. I mean I suppose they do have little connections with tectonic plates & shits, but okay.
Anyway the rest of my class apparently never watched it, they are quite disappointed we don't get to see the liopleurodon episode.

redpill me on the liopleurodon episode

are you the retard who keeps posting this shit?
Fuck off, retard.

I lost my dust cover, but I still have the book. I loved that it would always give the dino's stats before each chapter.
based

My copy

Attached: 15610283320056006150209076420195.jpg (3456x3456, 2.2M)

>are you the retard who keeps posting this shit?
>I lost my dust cover, but I still have the book. I loved when all the dinos would jizz in my face
you are so fucking gay and stupid its actually unbelievable

Why are normies so fucking predictable
just fucking watch the show

They don't. If you ask everyone will call you stupid and laugh but never provide any answers.

It was pretty funny for kids/teens
My class laughed during the Diplodocus sex scene. I remember how some of us mimicking the sound of diplodocus not long after that during break time or joked that the dinosaurs are all horny during the second half.

I was there when it aired and this shot was fucking awful.

>being this assblasted

That is comforting to know

OH SHIT OH FUCK GUYS I JUST REMEMBERED I HAVE A GIANT WWD POSTER IN MY LOFT LIKE LITERALLY 14 FOOT WIDE THE ONES THEY HANG IN CAR PARKS AND STUFF THAT WOULD ADVERTISE JOBS BUT THIS ONE ADVERTISING WWD AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Makes me think they were forced to put in the shitty voice overs by retarded movie producers

Is that an actual trilobite? Shits awesome

>Deinocheirus will never be known by the general public

It hurts.

Attached: deinocheirus.jpg (1000x470, 166K)

Yes, and a rare Quartz fossil.

>be T-rex
>can't even clap

Wish i had a trilobite myself. Where did you find him?

I have a megalodon tooth

Much grandfather dug up an annomite the size of a football and he was so proud he left it at his front gate and someone stole it a week later

U wot

Quinkana NOW!

Clarita, a Town in Oklahoma. Well known for its Trilobite Fossil Beds.

I thought that was CIA in that pic until I looked closer

The other guy is right. Look at elephants, they eat branch by branch and have the specially evolved trunk to do so, the trunk is the most unique versatile instrument of all the mammals, there's nothing else like it. Giraffes eat branch by branch too and have extremely long necks and they don't eat thousands of pounds a food either.

Yet you tell me these gigantic beast dragons mostly ate plants except for maybe a few which killed and ate them. And also they flew, not glided like most flight capable lizards but actually fucking flew like dragons.

youtube.com/watch?v=bP3JkC0FyMI

The CGI might be nice to look at but this is all just total fucking bullshit these bonekickers are just making shit up.

>the general public believes that all dinosaurs are featherless, especially raptors

>I was there
Yeah sure thing zoomie.

They are cold blooded, they require a fraction of the nutrition elephants and f
giraffes do pound for pound.

Go and read "The rise and fall of dinosaurs" by Stephen Brusatte and if you still believe the bullshit you just wrote after you read it, kill yourself. Your genes should not reproduce.

I love Jurassic Park and it did ignite my love for paleontology, but fuck Jurassic World for not educate the masses a LITTLE bit in the year 2015 about how dinosaurs really looked like.

That documentary was the fucking shit, I was obsessed with dinosaurs at the time and my grandpa taped the whole documentary for me as a birthday gift, I must have watched it a thousand times until the vhs broke

Haven't seen it in years, wish I had the digital release

Why are featherfaggs so hellbent on lying and pushing their fucking lies.

Attached: 3e6a9f7d097afab16a378ecb20eca896.png (373x433, 36K)

>fuck Jurassic World for not educate the masses a LITTLE bit in the year 2015 about how dinosaurs really looked like
>look at our donut steel dinosoar!
>oh by the way the others aren't sientifically accurate either so you can't complain about the new one!

I could probably give it a free pass if the movie wasn't retarded and boring as sin most of the time.

honestly it doesn't fucking matter either way

>beaches itself
GG

It does, they are teaching people wrong things and most importantly it isn't as cool.

Kys

Get fucked furry.

Dinosaurs were never cool. if they were cool they would still be alive.

>knows
*scoff*

>isn't as cool

Serious question, is this a meme?
Feathers are cool as fuck and incredible useful, even if you don't fly.
Look at this fucker, much more interesting and menacing than scaly shrinkwrapped lizard.

Attached: yutyrannus2.jpg (1280x720, 79K)

No, just no.
Which thing looks cooler to you?
A chicken or a crocodile?
Are you retarded?

member the Panini's Dinosaurs sticker album? so cool

How can a fucking documentary about dinosaurs can have this kino soundtrack?

Attached: 1436812594997.gif (344x326, 4K)

The first incelcore film

Feathers = haha chicken

Come on, I guess you bait.
Or you are american who get his paleontology knowledge from le epic Dinosaur fight "documentaries".

Watch a few videos about Bird of preys and say again feathers are not cool.

Attached: hawk.jpg (450x450, 32K)

Post Chad's favourite dinosaur.

Attached: allosaurus.jpg (425x292, 18K)

based and redpilled

Attached: eyes on you.jpg (1920x1278, 669K)

Attached: 1554554591303.png (640x456, 320K)

Kino kino kino kino kinoooooo

Based on what? How can their bones tell you they were cold blooded? They can't. You are guessing and trying to pass it off as fact. Fuck off.

Attached: 1920px-Dimetrodon_grandis_3D_Model_Reconstruction.png (1920x1080, 1.42M)

For me? It's Walking with Beasts

Attached: beasts.png (1255x707, 1.5M)

So your science is based on what "looks cool". That's how we know dinofags are full of shit.

youtube.com/watch?v=XG37l52dX8Y

BASED

Attached: 1555294532232.jpg (600x338, 32K)

The Basilosaurus episode is pure kino.
Sad that the CGI from the Australopithecus didn't aged well at all.

Attached: aussie.jpg (1280x720, 141K)

pretty crazy to think about how this thing is your great great grandpa

Ok, know I know you are not older than 14.

The soundtrack to the Megaloceros hunting scene was absolutely top tier

Not exactly, but very closely related to your great great grandpa.

Source: you ass

not mine

I want to go back

Attached: 1365242849013.jpg (500x484, 18K)

>jurassic world mosasaurus is larger than a blue whale

If you keep feeding the audience entertaining lies, they'll take those as facts over the truth.

>NO NOOO DINOSAUR BROS THIS WASNT SUPPOSED TO HAPPEN THIS WAY HEEEEEEEEEELP

Use Google, you turboautist

Based skrink wrapped retard

>very closely related
Not even close

THAT’S NOT A DINOSAUR REEEEEEEEEEEEE

You sure about that

Attached: Capture.png (1184x435, 95K)

Reading these kind of threads and anons talking about how these documentaries were their childhood just makes me even more fucking mad and absolutely SEETHING at Hollywood dino films and how they destroy so much potential for true dino kino. Jurassic Park is the only film I accept.
>State of the art CGI animation
>Scientists and new research in the age of easy access information
>Premise: what if the meteor didn't kill the dinosaurs?
>Not only was it a shit film, not one dinosaur had any feathers
I will only show my kids dino documentaries.

Attached: gooddinosaur1280bjpg-99760d_1280w.jpg (1280x720, 125K)

>people exist who watch Walking with Dinosaurs without Kenneth Branagh

Discussions with dinosaur "geeks" are in 8 out of 10 times just disappointing. Too many people who really think that dinosaurs behaved like the movie monsters they know ALWAYS HUNTING ALWAYS FIGHTING HURR DURR I ROAR LOUDLY AFTER I KILL.

Why do so many people not understand, that an animals life is mostly pretty dull? Even the life of a theropod was not a constant fight for survival.

Wait, the narrator for WWD was Kenneth Branagh?

BTFO

They actually aren't an ancestor to mammals, just related to the ancestors

Real walking with cavemen hours

We didn't have cable and had to have my aunt who lived an hour away tape it for us. I was so excited to watch this, and also all the exciting cable commercials I had never seen. And yet all I remember about it was dinos humping. Ah to be 8 again.

I remember it looking amazing.

I unironically wore out the VHS as a kid

I think there are still twice as many dinosaur species alive today than mammal species, so I don't think it's that much of a just.

Yes.

Same except I did it ironically. It's the same as doing it unironically except every once in a while you turn to an imaginary audience and purse your lips like Jim from The Office.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 166K)

What was the show called were the host travelled back in time 400 million years and was wearing a breathing mask because the oxygen in that era hadn't reached breathable levels for humans? It was also a BBC documentary.

>Not exactly, but very closely related to your great great grandpa.
Do we know that it isn't a direct ancestor and just closely related to the group of our direct ancestors?

You tell those Zionosaur shills, lumpy

Anyone watch Primeval?

TGD is one of the most disappointing thing pixar ever made. It's so worthless its rewatch value is nonexistent.

>lmao lizards couldn’t fly because they only glide now
>but how can you prove they weren’t cold blooded just because they are today?? Can’t establish that premise lmao

what was the show called about possible animals living in like a 100 million years

The future is wild

That fucking mountain spiders man

Did anyone watch that Making of episode?

Attached: 1365348512831.jpg (394x392, 41K)

Holy reddit batman

Anyone?

A nigel marvin one
The bit where the spash the water to make the dinosaur splashes was kino

Attached: perfectly-preserved.jpg (973x602, 474K)

The crocodile thing?

>he doesn't know the best dinosaur series ever

>the manga will never get scanlated
why live

>A nigel marvin one
Thanks user!

>ehehehhehehehheheheh

thanks user

that cgi didnt age very well
still gonna watch it in the evening for some nice nostalgia

>The bit where the spash the water to make the dinosaur splashes was kino
Yeah i remember finding that interesting as kid.