Why are American's trying to make Swedish culture look scary?

Why are American's trying to make Swedish culture look scary?

youtube.com/watch?v=1Vnghdsjmd0
youtube.com/watch?v=Vfugwq2uoa0

Attached: 2019-06-20_08:11:21.png (1920x1080, 2.57M)

roasties

Europe demonized pagan shit for centuries.

(((Americans)))

>swedshit
>culture
AHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

I'm trying to think of one swedish thing to bust your chops over but I can't think of any

They made a horror movie about being a passive-aggressive beta and enjoying gay sex and cuckoldry?

> The Swedish government is looking into the possibility of forbidding the use of Norse runes, local media has reported, amid concerns that the ancient symbols have been misappropriated by neo-Nazi groups.

>Justice Minister Morgan Johansson is currently investigating whether or not runes should be banned in Sweden as a way to deter hate groups, a Swedish website Samhällsnytt reported. His is expected to make a recommendation on the matter by the end of May.

>If Johannsson decides to move forward with legislation prohibiting the runes, the ban could potentially encompass all Norse symbols, imagery, and traditional jewelry.

this didnt pass but something like it will soon

>Swedish culture

Because jews want white women to think European culture is bad.

i forgot that pagans are now based and redpilled or something

>those fellow white people and their creepy culture!

Attached: file.png (1600x900, 1.71M)

>Swedish culture
>implying sweden has culture
lmao

>why are christians afraid of non-christian imagery
its a mystery

>swedish
>culture

>Mutts talking about culture
Hmmm

t. rootless american kikes

>(((Americans)))

Pagan shit has untapped potential for horror. We need something based of the celtic druids next.

Ari is based though

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 48K)

>Sweden
>culture
lol

I haven't seen it but you guys obviously misunderstand this movie. It's clearly not about actual ancient Norse cults, but rather about some feminist New Age Great Mother cult. Really similar to The Wicker Man.

>sweden
>culture

>culture
>sweden

/thread

>this post
>sweden

>Make Wicker Man 2019 version
>REEEE THIS IS OFFENSIVE!
and people claim horseshoe theory isn't real

I'm guessing most Americans don't know Midsummer is an entirely non-religious holiday and a post-christian festivity that has nothing to do with paganism?

It's kinda like making a horror move about the mythology surrounding July 4th.

>celtic druids
Yeah cute fairies and tree tending scares the shit out of me :O

Based retard.

Hey, I'm not the one trying to turn Midsummer into a pagan holiday.

>Implying Sweden isn't scary already

No need to do that when it is already.

The movie itself actually has little to do with the actual midsommar. A cult uses the festival as a way to kidnap people and sacrifice them in a pagan ritual that happens once even 9 years or so

Folk horror is based

It really isn't. While sure there might have been some generic "summer fertility rituals" back in pagan times like every single country on earth did at some point did, midsummer itself is tied more into worshiping John the Baptist than any pagan gods. Even the maypole is just a boring decoration and not some pagan symbol of fertility. Hell it's not even Swedish.

Fair enough then.

True Detective S1 already nailed the folk horror angle harder than any film could.

Attached: 4829048024820.jpg (1280x720, 247K)

>Swedish culture

Attached: Swedish Kids.webm (1280x720, 2.83M)

I doubt the movie has any agenda, they just wanted something that felt alien to base a horror movie off.

I'm guessing you never saw Hereditary?

(((Americans)))

Y’all white peepa is crayzee bruh

It’s actually just Wicker Man Remake but this time done right

Sweden is a Nordic country, it has no culture

>swedshit culture

So this is clearly going to be about the european ethnostate and how weird it is to non-whites right? and then the whites sacrifice the non-whites for their own greater purpose

hi ari aster

This should be about winter solstice, which was the period worshipped by many diffeent ancient cultures, including ancestors of modern North Europeans.

The Ritual was pretty good till they showed the monster at the end, then it was just.. bleh

I'd like to see a horror/grimdark version of Midsummer nights dream.
I know its been done and redone like a dozen times the past 400 years, but its such an interesting tale

Attached: 1445935020257.jpg (247x238, 8K)

christ you creatures are sensitive

Just a poor man's Apostle.

Attached: apostle4.jpg (1010x568, 139K)

>Midsummer is an entirely non-religious holiday and a post-christian festivity
lol

Attached: 1554096981838.jpg (630x636, 204K)

I swear you "they showed the monster now it's shit" sois are the worst ever.

I like the fact that it wasn't just another "fear of the unknown" cliche of a movie. However I didn't like the dream sequences that much, the first one made sense because they were all asleep, but then they had dreamy flashbacks randomly while awake too which were strange and kinda removed all the tension when they were being chased.

saw this preview in theaters and it spooked the hell out of me

it's an excuse to get together to drink and sing a few songs you dumb mutt

They sacrificed people dude.

Midsommar isn't post-christian. How can a celebration of the summer solstice be post-christian?

>gets scared by shitty cgi monsters

If anyone is a soi and cum guzzling faggot its you.

That weird rotten fish they eat.

there used to be a trend in horror genre where "dumb americans" or "dumb white people" go and visit non-white parts of the world.

this used to be a very big thing, until like a last decade with the rise of sjw politics in media.

one of the first movies like that was hostel franchise, where americans traveled to europe, but the villains where still "white". the trope of "americans trapped in a shithole" still applies, only without the exotic nature of it.

nowadays horror directors, if they want to have a plot with "dumb americans are trapped in a remote shithole" they have to do this in a white countries. or rather, have only white people as "the villains". this is what midsommar is.

This. No wonder shit like the Paranormal Activity series makes millions with these cunts watching them. Show me a damn monster, or ghost, or ghoul and not muh invisible danger.

>It's kinda like making a horror move about the mythology surrounding July 4th.

American nationalism is pretty scary, though.

>muh culture
They make horror about fucking everything, stop crying.

This. Have you guys not read the leaked script? It's in the YouTube comments of literally every video for this movie. I will watch the camrip because it sounds like Wickerman kino.