Wait so how did Gandalf end up fighting a Balrog on the top of a mountain after falling underground...

Wait so how did Gandalf end up fighting a Balrog on the top of a mountain after falling underground? Arda is hollow earth?

Attached: e7900c116070f0f5e260c426f6cf323b.jpg (864x1728, 342K)

They climbed back up the mountain while fighting to escape the horrors deep in the earth.

It's a metaphor for virginity

>the horrors
what is this?

the mountain was underground

You HAVE read the books, right user?

Nameless things deep beneath the earth that are older than Sauron and Gandalf. Wish he expanded on this.

I was 10 when I read it

>He doesn't know about the Endless Stair

I wish he didn't. Tolkien knew exactly what parts of his world to leave blank.

Spooky things from the void.

Probably spooky things related to Ungoliant and the works

It's really just Tolkien's fun little tribute to H.P. Lovecraft. He was a fan of Lovecraft's stories, as well as the stories of Robert E. Howard. In fact, the Conan stories are part of what inspired some of the nature of the story of LOTR.

Read the fucking book

The Balrog fled through the caverns deep in the earth and eventually it (And Gandalf chasing it) found the Endless Stair of Moria, a mythical stairwell that went all the way from those deep carverns to the very peak of Zirakzigil

>somebody read this book for me and then explain it to me!

Attached: 1560914359656.gif (299x240, 174K)

>tfw I always thought they were in a huge vast snowy cavern with a mountain in it, deep underground
>tfw the tower was spooky because who could have possibly built it so deep

Now that I know they actually climbed back up an outside mountain, the whole thing feels less cool.

>Now that I know they actually climbed back up an outside mountain,

they climbed up the endless stairs and fought at the top.

Its about how taxes that are lowered will rise again. Basically taxpolicy jokes.

Its cooler in the book as i recall the Balrog becomes some slug monster when it hits the water and has
Gandalf on the run but Nightmares in the deep force them back out onto the rocks and Gandalf gets the upper hand out of the water and the tiring Balrog literally flees from him up the stair as he fucks it up. Its trying to escape Moria remember. Gandalf gives it all to finally kill it just as it achieves freedom. Really the last minute before it escaped and turned the table even further for Sauron.

Chapters awesome and Gandalf has legit PTSD from the encounter.

>comfy LOTR thread

Feelsgoodman

>It's a villain and a hero escape from a bigger villain episode

Attached: SWQUOTES__0002_Layer-13.jpg (625x352, 47K)

jews

no I had sex