Harry, did I ever tell you about time-turners...

>Harry, did I ever tell you about time-turners? They are magical devices that allow the user to travel backwards in time! This incredible power can even be used to save loved ones from death, as you and your friends discovered with Buckbeak. Despite having an entire closet full of time-turners, the Ministry never once thought to use one to stop Voldemort's reign of terror. It would have been as easy as using one after one of his murders, say, your parents, and simply travelling back in time to catch him in the act. Alas, time-travel is simply too dangerous to meddle with. It should only be used for the express purpose of letting a little girl take extra classes one semester, and only if she is a good friend.

Attached: Dumbledore.png (660x330, 450K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harry_Potter_and_the_Cursed_Child#Act_3
twitter.com/AnonBabble

HOWEVER...

Maybe you can reverse animal deaths but not people deaths, because once a human has crossed over to the other side, they can't come back.

What I find ridiculous is that when Voldemort "killed" Harry at the end, if Harry had stayed "dead" and moved on, Voldemort would have to. Instead Harry chose selfishly to stay alive and as a result 50 more people died in the battle

wow spoilers

Didn't they already save Harry from the dementors with the time turner's ?

Attached: yikes.png (288x138, 4K)

But you can't actually change the past, what you do with the timeturner is already part of the timeline.
Buckbeak never died.

remember that scene in deathly hallows 2 where harry plopper and voldcuck were fighting and voldcuck tied him up in black scarf thingies around his neck and limbs and was tighetning them and the scene cut away, then next time we see them he just lets him go? that whole final battle was just ridiculous and over the top. it should've been more ilke in the book.

i'd like to think that rowling conceded that her world was full of plot holes so she just threw time travel in there sine it couldn't get any worse

>What I find ridiculous is that when Voldemort "killed" Harry at the end, if Harry had stayed "dead" and moved on, Voldemort would have to.

Only the piece of his soul inside Harry died, Voldemort himself was still alive and would still require killing even if Harry chose to move on.

>Implying a few random bureaucrats could arrest Voldemort

according to the cursed child, which rowling says is canon, you are wrong. Time turners are used to change the past even decades ago. Harry's kids use them and stop Cedric from dying, prevent Ron and Hermione from getting married and ever having kids, etc...

>redditards trying to run damage control for this trainwreck of a series
have white kids

Attached: retardparty.jpg (960x720, 144K)

The ministry has aurors. basically the swat team of wizards

>Harry's kids use them and stop Cedric from dying, prevent Ron and Hermione from getting married and ever having kids, etc...
lmao this is canon

The whole 2nd part of DH was a major letdown. After straying from the source material more and more since Goblet of Fire, they actually managed to stay pretty close to the book all throughout part 1. And then they just went nuts with part 2.

I like to think the two girls on the right were just walking their dog and got suckered into the pic but then I remember she is wearing a name tag

Attached: 00.jpg (1200x800, 217K)

patrician opinion. i remember loving part 1 and how close it was to the book and how dark it was, then part 2 was full of quips and gags and retarded over the top moments.

voldcuck sounded like a shrill voiced cuck too, and the ending where harry broke the wand in half was retarded. did he do that in the books?

Of course she said it was canon. Her writing career outside of Harry Potter was a miserable failure and she wanted to stay relevant. Some asshole writes some shitty fanfiction, people lap it up and she sees a golden opportunity to give her blessing and make sure that the show goes on.

>shit i am the most normal person here
>Oh fuck they're taking a picture
>I really hope nobody from work sees this

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-06-20 at 2.15.01 AM.png (246x244, 117K)

why do so many redditors have gunts? its fucking disgusting

This

I mean, they fucking outright say that someone will still have to kill Voldemort, and one of the points brought up is that Harry wants to be the one to do so anyway

it is

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-06-20 at 2.20.52 AM.png (1238x750, 190K)

the average weight of the women in the pic has to be greater than the men honestly

He used the wand to repair his and then he presumably placed it back into Dumbledore's grave.

The only error I saw in the book's ending was that there were a lot of people present at the final duel, and they heard a lot of things that had been kept secret up until that point. They understood that Voldemort had used something called a Horcrux (and it sounded like he made several of them, since Harry mentioned the plural form), they heard Harry and Voldemort discuss the Elder Wand, they heard Harry explain how the wand chooses the wizard and then they saw Harry take possession of the wand after Voldemort died, so they knew right there and then who the true master of the wand was and who it had once belonged to. A sufficiently clever witch or wizard who was paying attention would have realized later that Harry Potter wasn't using a wand made of elder wood when he was working as an Auror, and all they'd need to do was disarm him a single time in a legitimate duel. And Harry would have a long time to deal with that kind of threat, since it's established that many wizards live to be quite elderly. And since Harry chose to become an Auror afterwards, it's probable that there would be plenty of times where he'd be in a duel for his life.

To me, that would have been a more interesting tale than what we got with "The Cursed Child." Oh well.

>tfw you realize emma watson was probably molested by the jewish producers before the 1st movie even came out

god-tier needs culture of critique and some more james joyce

There are two huge mistakes in the movie series

1) The assassination of Ron's character
2) Ruining Voldemort's death

Basically every positive trait that Ron has in the books was moved to Hermione, essentially making Ron just a fucking anchor who hangs around for no reason at all

Then, when Voldemort dies in the movie, he fades away and turns to dust in a unique and pretty fashion to show just how badass and how amazing he was - but that wasn't meant to be the fucking point; in the books when he gets hit by his own Avada Kedavra he simply fucking dies and his body smashes into the ground LIKE EVERYONE ELSE BECAUSE HE IS ULTIMATELY JUST A MAN AND THE ENTIRE POINT OF THE FUCKING SERIES IS THAT DEATH IS A NORMAL PART OF LIFE AND NOBODY IS ABLE TO ESCAPE IT AND THAT EVERYONE ENDS UP THE SAME WAY

DUMBLEDORE DIES AND HIS CORPSE IS NOTHING SPECIAL
VOLDEMORT DIES AND HIS CORPSE IS NOTHING SPECIAL
PETTIGREW DIES AND HIS CORPSE IS NOTHING SPECIAL
SNAPE DIES AND HIS CORPSE IS NOTHING SPECIAL

IT'S A FUCKING KIDS/TEENS BOOK SO THE FUCKING POINT ISN'T MEANT TO BE PARTICULARLY HARD TO FIGURE OUT OR ANYTHING SUPER DEEP YET FILMMAKERS PROVE ONCE AGAIN THAT THEY ARE TOO RETARDED TO GRASP CONCEPTS FOR LITERAL FUCKING CHILDREN

YES I AM MAD

>probably
lmao

>he fades away and turns to dust in a unique and pretty fashion to show just how badass and how amazing he was
to show how badass and amazing their 3D CGI was*

I also don't understand how Ron was a chess prodigy but a fucking idiot in everything else

So were there like caveman wizards back in the day? Was jesus a wizard?

>we will never get a 7-season television series that follow the books more faithfully

>we also don't actually want said series anymore because if it happens Ron will be black and Hermione will be transgender and anyone who says that's retarded will be jailed for Hate Speech

b-b-but we needed a cool ennding lol

>THE ENTIRE POINT OF THE FUCKING SERIES IS THAT DEATH IS A NORMAL PART

no, the entire point of the series is to entertain children. there is no deep message, no higher theme, or moral. it's a cash grab designed to appeal to as many people as possible.

Time-turners can not change the past.

imagine wasting away 70 hours on harry fucking potter
it's a childrens piece of shit book with bad writing, TERRIBLE characters, and a twisty loopy here and there to keep things interesting

Because the people who made the movies were retarded

In the books Ron is a smart guy who's very capable but has major confidence issues due to being the youngest of 7 children, 5 of whom are older brothers who are all extremely successful, so he's constantly full of self-doubt and worry that he won't measure up

In the DA he's basically the best duelist behind Harry and he's constantly shown to keep his head under extreme pressure, even from the very first book

In the movies Ron just becomes comic relief but even that gets taken away from him when Hermione becomes the funny one and Ron just becomes the butt monkey who is completely useless

Attached: Hermione Sue.png (533x1730, 82K)

see

Yes, that was the entire point of the post; that the message is not deep, it's not a higher theme, it's surface level as fuck because it is a story meant for children and young teenagers

And yet the movie makers couldn't even handle that level of depth

Rowling is wrong. It can not be canon because it goes against pre-established rules.

This should be grounds to involuntarily commit JK Rowling to a psych hospital

Or at least perform every brain analysis possible because something is fucking wrong with her - even as basic as the HP series was it was a fucking literary masterpiece compared to Cursed Child

then again my diarrhea is also a masterpiece compared to Cursed Child

>Harry Potter fanfiction is higher quality than the latest piece of HP canon from its own writer

lmao. she writes the rules dummy. something is canon if she explicitly says it is.

...I'm heavily conflicted. On one hand, I liked Cedric, on the other, THAT IS THE MOST ASSPULLY BULLSHIT EVER!

If you liked Cedric don't look at what Cursed Child actually does with his character unless you want to get really mad.

>Harry's kids use them and stop Cedric from dying
>Cedric

lol whut. I assume they also go back and stop Snape from dying then? Or is this just JK being insane again?

tell me user
I can take it

No. An author can not just approve fanfic that makes no sense.

The best part about him fading away (and nobody witnessing it happen, except for Harry) is that it perpetuates the fear that gripped the wizarding community for nearly 15 years: Is He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named really dead or is he just biding his time before he returns and murders us all?

It's almost like the people who produced the movie never read the books or something.

THIS ISN'T ME DON'T TELL aw fuck it, this series is dead. What'd they do?

Thank god. This shit doesn't need more attention.

Harry and Draco's kids go back in time to save Cedric's life with the time turner. After a botch first attempt that takes up most of the plays second act, they go back again and humiliate him during the second task causing Cedric to fail the tournament. This somehow makes Cedric so mad that he joins the Death Eaters and by the time of Deathly Hallows, kills Neville before he kills Nagini which causes Voldemort to win, cue evil timeline where Voldemort rules everything.

He came out as a homosexual.

she developed the story with the director of the play and screewriter. see this tweet
stop defending wandshit

Imagine being such a brainlet that you can't understand a closed loop in a children's book

Either that was a lie or she has late stage dementia, either way it doesn't count.

>Or is this just JK being insane again?

Rowling has been insane for a while now. Just look at the recent movies and her twitter feed "updating" the Harry Potter universe.

I was going to sarcastically post that Cedric becomes a death eater but I refreshed the page and saw this

what the fuck

read the thread before posting, brainlet. Cursed Child, which rowling acknowledged as canon, establishes that time travel can and does change the past. NO CLOSED LOOP

Attached: TSTBaQ7.jpg (1462x2046, 121K)

jesus christ Rowling is such a fucking hack.

I am not fucking with you unfortunately: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harry_Potter_and_the_Cursed_Child#Act_3
Read the whole plot summary for just a taste of how retarded this is, it only glances over some things like the trolley operator of the Hogwarts Express being a magical monster designed to keep students on the train by force.

A sign of a bad writer is using retcons to reverse big moments in the story

No it was a closed loop in the book. I don't care what she says afterwards

ok well that doesn't change the fact that the author of the fucking book says otherwise. you are free to believe whatever you want for your own little headcanon

the book is stupid, the play is stupid
harry's son somehow is able to communicate to his daddy 40 years in the future because of a mcguffin blanket harry somehow was holding it and got the message

you're stupid

to be honest my reaction was that of someone being told water is wet. what was I expecting, it's Rowling.

Attached: 1560875197401.gif (658x759, 636K)

Meme opinion.

Looks interesting desu

67 replies and still no „dullest franchise“ pasta? Yea Forums is dead...

Attached: 18374795-9E7A-4295-B2B9-36675ACFEEFA.jpg (546x543, 34K)

No!

having a hard time spamming, faggot?

>he doesn't just immediately recite it in his mind and continue with the thread
lmao