Why is this the best godzilla movie besides the original?

why is this the best godzilla movie besides the original?

Attached: 1280x720-gw2.jpg (780x438, 62K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/GTiMA1ilpUQ
youtube.com/watch?v=ZhCFiHMSyAw
youtu.be/WoLkrtbyAlA
youtube.com/watch?v=jlJCZnjlFS4
youtube.com/watch?v=WJfdTPTFDbc
youtube.com/watch?v=tqYqtvu-wSE
youtube.com/watch?v=j2iUQ6sta_c
youtube.com/watch?v=AeY8H2UK-NY
youtube.com/watch?v=mF8Ybi2V59g
youtube.com/watch?v=uH0RLRgyX7E
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

thats not godzilla vs king kong

based opinion, but this movie is amazing. it evolves above just another godzilla movie

Good stuff.

Attached: Godzilla vs King Kong.webm (1154x480, 2.84M)

Godzilla vs. Hedorah is 100% Godzillakino if you can get behind its weirdness

Attached: 518v71d8-OL.jpg (349x500, 51K)

This is how I know you’re not a real Godzilla fan. Fuck off, Showa era was the best. And the best of Showa was Jet Jaguar

Attached: 862F6A17-9481-437D-8192-0942DED0423F.gif (498x430, 1.88M)

was this cgi or practical effects? how did they get it to look so realistic back then?

I won't agree with you there, but it's pretty fucking great.

It's only the third solo G film after the original and my favorite (Return of Godzilla). All three have been dark and had political underpinnings.

Plus, the design is grotesque. He looks like one big radiation burn. The music was great. The action was great. My only complaint was the fucking words EVERYWHERE. Every person we meet, every room we're in, every building they go to, every committee they convene...all have a shitload of text. It wasn't trouble to read it, but my god...it was a lot.

I have a friend who's a fan of Evangellion who wanted to see it because of Anno. He said there were a lot of the same framing and music in similar scenes in Eva. I don't know, I haven't seen it yet.

I give this a 9/10. It's a cool origin of Godzilla with almost no hope of a direct sequel and it wasn't based on the original.

Attached: Horror Godzilla.jpg (280x284, 12K)

why cant Japanese act?

HIS HEAD LOOKS LIKE JACK NICHOLSON
DON'T SMILE LIKE THAT, IT WILL STAY THAT WAY
YAHMMMAAHOAAHOAAAUGH!
DON'T TOUCH MY BAGS IF YOU PLEASE. MR. CUSTOMS MAN

It has a sharp, fast-paced script, plus a legitimately fantastic director. It's just too damn well made.

It's real. Think on that.

mate i grew up watching godzilla, my second favorite godzilla film is vs gigan. chill out
this is what i love about it. it's self contained unless he wakes up again, and the sense of scale is fantastic

Is this post real?

this, fucking based - shin godzilla was just too damn good. i love most if not all godzilla films but this one just comes out on top

>mfw saw this in the kinoplex and this song played

youtu.be/GTiMA1ilpUQ

Attached: source.gif (320x180, 1.14M)

Fucking legit. I'm so glad I was able to see it in a theater. It was playing in Boston and NYC near me. I'm only an hour south of Boston, so it was a no brainer for me. The number of Godzilla films I've seen in a theater has been far too few, so I'm glad they toured this one around.

Attached: Godzilla Haiku.png (495x291, 183K)

OP here, i also saw it in a theater, it was fucking insane watching the atomic breath scene
literally watching Hedorah for the first time right now, will post what I think soon I guess

Godzilla vs Destoroyah

>Talks about Jet Jaguar, posting MosuGoji

>why cant Ameritards act?
who knows

OP here again, this movie is great so far, bought it the other day and hadn't watched it until i saw this post

I agree. It's not only a great Godzilla film, but a great film period. That said, I think the 3rd arc loses a lot of steam, but it still good though.

are you being serious?

Because it understands how to operate tension and pacing with a larger plot which is an art the west seemingly has completely forgotten.

Because you just came round last tuesday and don't know about destroyah, King Kong, etc, etc...

>favorite Godzilla film? I have an overall love for the series, but I get more of a personalized viewing when conducting theatrical renditions of kaiju kino with my S.H. Monsterarts. Additionally, I can have other characters like Gamera and Ultraman join in. If I wanted I could even add Goku and Vegeta from the normal S.H. Figuarts line.

Attached: CDA65D6C-4999-4370-BF8F-6ABBDB5D2DCE.jpg (1080x1266, 85K)

I like it quite a bit, but it's definitely not the best. How many Godzilla movies have you watched?

Would’ve been alright if Godzilla didn’t look like a childs toy left out in the sun.

It's my favorite Godzilla movie next to the original and King Kong vs Godzilla but I really didnt like the ending. Like seriously you're just gonna freeze Godzilla? Ok whatever, wait what theres little skeleton human Godzilla what the fuck?

because it's based EVA director doing what he does best. Faggot.

Attached: 71xtPl4avSL._SY355_.jpg (355x355, 24K)

i've seen them all besides a couple of the later showa ones that are harder to find, like smog monster (watching it now), son of godzilla, vs mechagodzilla '74, and i think that's it

So what's the meaning of the final scene? When there are a bunch of humanoid or monsters like form popping out of Godzilla's tail? Is it all the peoples and creatures who happen to got stuck or 'merged' along with him, or is it still evolving and now going to use several smaller forms to go rampage again?

>muh Showa

I agree, I prefer Godzilla to look just like a normal childs toy

The best three movies in the franchise are the original 1954 Godzilla, 1984 heisei reboot of Godzilla and Shin Godzilla. In no particular order. What do they all have in common? They treat Godzilla as an unstoppable menace and intertwine good initial mystery and human pov drama that evolves around dealing with the threat of Godzilla destroying everything in its path.

b-but muh monster fight!!!

>My only complaint was the fucking words EVERYWHERE. Every person we meet, every room we're in, every building they go to, every committee they convene...all have a shitload of text. It wasn't trouble to read it, but my god...it was a lot.
That was intentional, it was meant to show just how byzantine the Japanese government is and how trying to come up with a solution to a new situation (an "Outside-Context Problem") is frustratingly difficult.

Can't wait for Reiwa Goji

I remember a while ago some user linking a site that hosted all the godzilla movies.
Anyone got the link?

1954, Shin, and KOTM.
All fun, all presented the monsters as huge forces of nature, all had human characters or plots that were interesting and good emotional hooks

kek

>all had human characters or plots that were interesting
Yeah bro, King of the Monsters have some really compelling and interesting human characters.

Attached: Charles-Dance-and-Ghidorah-in-Godzilla-King-of-the-Monsters.jpg (1400x700, 153K)

I thought it did, it's not deep but the parent's conflict was interesting and the fact they were both just people that dealt awfully with a huge tragedy to the world and to them directly was a relatable basis for characters in a world full of giant monsters, their separation and then conflict made for a good emotional hook, and both they and Serizawa had simple but sufficeable arcs over the course of the film:
Serizawa went from treating the monsters like gods we should bow to and let them take charge to seeing Goji as perhaps even an equal, having seen how bad it gets if people took the reverence for the monsters too far
Mark was classic, goes from hating monsters because they killed his son and the tragedy of that split his family apart and he blames them to accepting Goji as a helpful spirit, but it was nice how more than just 'big monster make do good thing now its okay' it was shown how he was always a lover of animals and creatures, having worked studied zoological fields with his wife in the past.
Emma lost her son, lost her husband to alcohol, and ultimately lost herself in work as she lost her will and faith in humanity, she lost and lost and lost and it broke her until she agreed to do something awful, only to realize too late that she had gone too far, yet by the end she still managed to redeem herself in her final moments instead of dying a shallower villain.
Plus, to the films credit, the supporting cast made some nice gags or moments here and there, I liked how not only did the film not rub the surprise of Emma's turncoat in your face since while it was a surprise to the characters it wasn't so much to you, but also after her spiel about her plans, the film doesn't faff about with moral greyness in your face and has a character call her a bitch for a bit of payoff.
It's not a deep movie but the characters/human plot get way more flak than it deserves, it was all at least serviceable if not pretty good for a kaiju film.

Attached: godzilland.jpg (480x480, 22K)

Those 3 you mentioned are streaming on the Criterion Channel rn.

King of the Monsters > Endgame

It's not.

Because it stays trure to the original and adds elements of the first few episodes of Evanglion

Attached: Shin Robert.png (1167x622, 815K)

Because it understands the importance of the narrative and the place godzilla has in it.

All I know is I want to rail the bald black chick from that. It sickens me to know that, and I want you to be sickened with me.

kek, are you the Robert poster?
Dude she was hideous.

Because they're all autistic assholes

What does 'shin' mean

They can. Why can't you stop forming your entire world view based on Yea Forums memes?

death?

I think it means "true" or something.

Short for shinosuke.

New

'New' as far as I know.

Kek

Attached: 1558836773444.jpg (400x400, 21K)

New/god/true

my brother and his girlfriend are big godzilla fans and hated shin godzilla
i have never watched godzilla
are they right and where should i start

that poster is kino

Passion

Shin means True, New, and God.
All 3 meanings were meant to apply.

Attached: 1559400210065.jpg (353x417, 16K)

give it a beard and put a switch in its hand and you get the target audience for Anno's onions "art"

It's a bone in your leg

>kek, are you the Robert poster?
"The" implies that there is only one.

Attached: 1559347227541.jpg (888x1076, 218K)

Sentient mushroom cloud.

Attached: ShinG3.png (2736x1824, 2.05M)

it felt like in KOTM they didn't do a good job of showing just how big Godzilla and Gidorah are

The best movie Godzilla vs Biollante, most funny and my favorite Godzilla Final Wars.

Attached: Godzilla-_vs_Biollante_1.jpg (923x1280, 507K)

>Humans defeat Godzilla
>Godzilla evolves into humanoids
It's called adaptation.

Me too, but I really want Legendary Godzilla and Toho's Reiwa Godzilla to co-exist, honestly.

Why did labor and industry save Japan? [/spoiler]it should have been the yakuza

Attached: 1559926508789.webm (720x389, 2.54M)

it's short for shindig

>morning
>still Robertposting

Thanks, user

Based and Crabpilled

kek, top b8 always makes me laugh

just watched KOTM

holy fuck, burning godzilla redeemed the entire movie

>youtube.com/watch?v=ZhCFiHMSyAw
>mfw
holy fuck was this scene amazing

Attached: 018.jpg (512x512, 33K)

It was meant to convey how having a committee and a process for everything is a hindrance in an ongoing disaster.
Like there's a scene where they literally have a 5 minute discussion and once they decide it's a certain level of emergency they move to a new room but literally every person from the current room is moving to the new room for no reason other than procedure.

Hail to the king baby!!

Return of Godzilla takes the cake for me. Shin is solid, but I can't even rank it above Godzilla vs. Destoroyah
also reminder that Heisei > Showa. Fight me faggots.

I bought the art book for the KotM movie. Didn't really go into the details when I bought it but it turns out it's a huge, near 200 page book.
I don't know man. I really like vs Mechagodzilla

Attached: art book.jpg (1067x809, 620K)

>this
The movie did some things really well. They did a great job of making ghidorah and Rhodan seem ominous and intimidating

>I really like vs Mechagodzilla
same. but Mecha G II gave us Fire Rodan, which eventually made Fire Godzilla

Can I just say I like both and be done with it? I mean, Showa lead to Heisei

It's a satire on how the government handle Fukushima

you can like whatever Big G movie you want user; there's so many films to choose from in each of the 4 eras.
I just think Heisei was superior to Showa is all but not by much. Ghidorah the Three Headed Monster is an absolute must-watch

>real Godzilla fans think shitty sequel era is better than the original 50s era
Mmkay.

What type of Godzilla fans are they, if they watch Godzilla for monster fights then of course they'd hate Shin

Because you're a weeb.

what did you think of his first form?

Attached: vlcsnap-2019-06-10-21h27m16s366.png (1920x800, 1.92M)

Gotta get those crab legs.

Attached: Robert getting crablegs.jpg (960x1102, 286K)

he cute

"i would love to fight this in Monster Hunter"

This shot always gets laughed at but I thought it was terrifying and super well done. Those gills give me the chills

he's pretty intimidating up close

Attached: vlcsnap-2019-06-10-21h41m50s682.png (1920x800, 1.48M)

I'm just now watching the 2015 burger godzilla and it's so painfully mediocre in every way, it's just a formulaic disaster family drama with a few shots of kaiju crushing things in the dark. Terrible narrative structure and bland characters. Shoehorns the protag at every corner of the globe, somehow he's always there by accident during all the key moments to save some kid or whatever. They found the dude with the least charisma possible. Then there's the obligatory jap from inception who's only there because there needs to be a jap for the Japanese market and a foreign scientist character just like in every disaster movie, but he literally just stands in a control room for the entire movie and only exists to spout exposition. Against of course a stubborn military general who doesn't understand what he's rambling about. He has a completely random background line about his dad dying at Hiroshima which feels so forced and out of place, because the writer just remembered the movie was about nuclear guilt, even though in this lore godzilla is just an ancient creature that was sleeping in the ocean until the mid 50s. All of the subtext is so painfully in your face yet also superficial and without substance. It could have actually been about Hiroshima or about Fukushima or about global warming or whatever but they literally do nothing with it.

This is more retarded than any Godzilla flick that came before it. At least in the older flicks there was some self awareness to it. This is just shit. Shit story, shit acting, shit monster design.

Attached: ShinGodzilla4[1].jpg (740x350, 76K)

>mfw it's the best one alongside the original for me because all of this.
All of the movies has something I like, cool scenes and concepts, but none of them are as tight and balanced than them.

forgot my face

Attached: shrughjira.png (535x409, 272K)

Scientist lady was cute desu

Attached: ichimika.jpg (434x442, 42K)

OP, yes because like the original it had subtext. Godzilla was about the fallout of nuclear technology, alluding to the atomic bombs dropped on Japan, while Shin Godzila was about showing how people in government would respond to an enfolding catastrophe ala the 2011 tsunami that caused the Fukushima nuclear disaster. I also love SG's docu-drama style which makes it feel more real and reminiscent of the British nuclear holocaust drama Threads!!!FACT!!!

I don't mind having the kaijus only being in the background but if you're gonna make a human centric film you can't only have one dimensional characters. I want ambiguity, I want to see what it means to be in the middle of the chaos and to survive, how even decent people can turn selfish etc. Make it horror, not only disaster. Good boy scout saving civilians is always a boring narrative. Cloverfield had problems but it had some right ideas.

>All I know is I want to rail the bald black chick from that. It sickens me to know that, and I want you to be sickened with me.

I feel the same way. She made my penis into THE BIG PENIS!!!FACT!!!

Because it's a well made disaster movie with a message, like Godzilla is supposed to be instead of capeshit with big monsters

>I brought my own sauce

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 83K)

>Scientist lady was cute desu

Mikako Ichikawa, my waifu. She was in Anno's 2004 live action adaptation of the 1970's Manga/Anime Cutie Honey. Great cheesy flick!!!FACT!!! youtu.be/WoLkrtbyAlA

Attached: c19a68c81e7ae3a1fec8fb9cef6c6838.png (688x384, 272K)

Because it's the perfect companion piece to the original. It's a remake of the original in a modern setting and is grounded in realism which makes Godzilla himself seem ever more scary. It really goes in depth about how the actual government would deal with such an impending threat. The original film was born from Hiroshima and Nagasaki and so it only made sense that this new take would be born out of the Fukushima disaster. It has a good message about youth and new ideas, great cinematography and editing. Really just fucking Kino across the board.

Attached: shin.jpg (625x350, 28K)

II get what you mean, but maybe I'm too empathetic and don't see them as such. I too want a Kyoei Toshi kinda movie, in fact I think it would be better as a tv show instead.
Cloverfield is perfect tho

Honestly Shin Godzilla wasn't even really that great. Outside of that absolutely bangin breath scene.

Is he really 100% CGI all the time? Some shots look real stuff

Your crab legs are ready. sir. Enjoy Godzilla, Kino of the Monsters.

Attached: Robert 39.png (300x412, 222K)

>it evolves above just another godzilla movie
underrated

This, it's a great movie. My only complaints are the roar which they just reused from the older movies and the quality of the recording isn't great, same with the music from the original, they could've at least re-recorded it.

Attached: kamata kun.webm (1920x804, 2.98M)

I think both of those elements worked perfectly

DUDE BUREAUCRACY BAD LMAO!!!
Great movie, could be better if they added another 4 hours of nips talking about random shit for no reason

Attached: 1523699207940.png (508x610, 21K)

>j-drama based upon daily life of japanese people living with possibility of a godzilla attack
they'd have to focus on certain characters but i'd want to see it

>Not enjoying every Godzilla movie for its own merits

Yikes

Attached: C5943AAA-26F8-4133-8DA4-8C652A1FCB15.jpg (750x737, 80K)

Mothra vs. Godzilla but besides calling the original the best (and a masterpiece) and putting the anime and All Monsters Attack at the bottom I don't have a definitive list. And I don't want to take KotM into consideration because it's too fresh even though it made me feel really good. Watching these movies at home (preferably one after another) always gives the best perspective

It's at least an interesting experiment perfect for one movie even if the movie itself is far from perfect.

Definitely not best or second best after original fuck that shit I will never agree with this.

you don't have to. there are plenty of Big films you can put in top 3 besides Shin.
Shin is top 5 though

Missing from Godzilla vs. Kong. They were seriously thinking there will be more movies.

Why would they think that? Toho were adamant that the contract would end at 2020.
And with news that Toho are trying to establish a Hollywood Office and their own Godzilla Universe, Wanda/Legendary should have known they wouldn't get more

>godzilla gatekeeping

Some people don't like the campiness of the showa era, it's a lot of fun but that doesn't mean the original wasn't about the dread of the consequences of nukes.

Because it is a conceptual remake of the original.

He even reprised some scenes frame to frame

Attached: Godzilla Resurgence 2016 HDRip 720p x264.mp4_snapshot_00.56.05_[2016.12.03_00.37.14].jpg (1280x720, 370K)

>talking about random shit for no reason
they were literally talking about Godzilla almost the entire time. I swear every time someone points out a “problem” with shin it’s always something all the other movies are guilty of to a higher degree.

Toho is pleased with Legendary and if anything it's gonna be them who would want to continue the series. Legendary seems excited too but this may change after Godzilla vs. Kong.

>why is the godzilla movie that is the most like the original the best godzilla movie besides the original?
isn't it obvious?

I hear those reports too so I do believe Toho like the direction Legendary is going in.
However I'm also inclined to believe that Toho are also planning to establish a presence in the U.S., and seeing that Godzilla is their most valued IP, they're gonna want it back after the contract.

Attached: _monster_in_kamata_monster_in_shinagawa_and_ogashira_hiromi_godzilla_series_and_etc_drawn_by_kawamur (1091x2598, 589K)

Patrician taste right here. All the Godzilla movies are unique, you can like all of them for different reasons.

Attached: 213558.26531451_o.jpg (773x1024, 288K)

i wished they put a little more focus on the battle in DC. that was a lot of destruction kino/Ghidorah & Rodan the audience missed out on
also more King

I thought it was plenty, and Godzilla's entrance with this music was amazing.
youtube.com/watch?v=jlJCZnjlFS4

Attached: god.gif (500x350, 2.94M)

Chanting was really great at hyping him up

all Godzilla entrance scenes were kino. especially the Antarctica scene; Bear Mcreary really delivered on the score.
But i just felt that more DC scenes could've shown how in dire straits the world was in when Ghidorah was "nesting" while Rodan was destroying every aircraft in sight.

KotM made me really happy and it will remain a very special movie for me only because of the monsters and the mythos. This simply worked, everything was created with such a respect. In many aspects different than what came before but I don't remember when was the last time the monsters themselves were so full of personality. I'm only afraid that it won't get any better (and it spells disaster for GvK because KotM already received mixed reviews) but it's still months away we don't have to think about it too much. There's something on one hand weird on the other satisfying that Godzilla became an actual monarch and a good one at that.

Attached: 1559477323074.jpg (1024x768, 91K)

Yeah Tywins and the science lady's motives were a meh at best, I kinda liked the twist of her being a traitor from the start, but it was just a thin excuse to wake up Ghidora

If I had more pictures showing all the main monsters and their personalities I'd have posted them instead but there's no specific websites for Godzilla fanart.

Attached: 1560806880686.jpg (1500x1180, 247K)

>Godzilla became an actual monarch and a good one at that.
probably my favorite mythos of Godzilla to date. a force of nature that can control other forces of nature, while striving to keep the world balanced.
that being said, GvK has to release on a less bloated schedule; part of the reason KoTM suffered was because it had to compete with other highly-anticipated films

I'll try to post new stuff I find but it won't be much.

Too close to Mulan. What are they thinking? I really hope they choose a better release date there's plenty of good dates that aren't even taken. Even December would've been better.

Attached: u6756755636.jpg (1024x881, 85K)

Twitter is your best friend for now when it comes to big g fanart

Attached: IMG_20190620_114223.jpg (1240x1754, 206K)

Oh I found a bunch calling Rodan a bitch.

Attached: king_of_monsters.jpg (1280x1531, 175K)

I agree, they feel like disaster movies. Although I understand this kind of movies cannot be made in series without making it completely silly.
So if you want to milk the franchise monsters fights become necessary; they can be fun but it's indeed a totally different feel.

Attached: gojira-3.jpg (1200x872, 130K)

It's not

>I really hope they choose a better release date there's plenty of good dates that aren't even taken.
i hope they do go through with the supposed delay rumor that's been floating around

RO
DAN
youtube.com/watch?v=WJfdTPTFDbc

Oh God it's like 85% shipping. It's either that or making fun or Rodan. Is this how you treat your favorites, Dougherty?

Attached: the_queen_has_no_chill.jpg (816x979, 145K)

>they kept san/kevin retarded like in the film
underrated

Right I forgot about Ghidorah. I guess his heads had to establish the hierarchy at one point. Japanese made more fanart of Legendary Ghidorah. Overall their content is more consistent but I'm looking through western right now. Yeah lots of Goji and Mothra. Some of them good but yeah a little fuzzy so maybe some other time. Just like Anguirus replaced Rodan Mothra is now the main Godzilla ally in our generation.

Attached: king_ghidorah_through_out_the_years.jpg (1280x2287, 256K)

I found one I really liked but that was about it so far

Attached: Ghidorah.jpg (1753x1240, 293K)

I couldn't stop laughing at this moment, Godzilla is such a chad, too bad his wife is now dust.

Good. Goji and Rodan can now bro it up in peace.

Attached: Brodan.jpg (527x218, 82K)

it resonated with japs in the same way the original did.

Attached: 1533286636043.jpg (1024x1446, 463K)

Finally relatively ship-free but holy hell look how feminine she looks.

Attached: dd7ylmm-65b0370c-2b8a-4ac9-af06-e949e13636c1.png (813x1120, 1.59M)

The right head was the one that was cut off right? Does this mean that mecha king ghidrah will be wack?

left; the retarded one.
they're getting an idiot to try and fight big G again

Wait is nuzzling canon kaiju sex?

Tbf you have to be kinda retarded to go up against the Big G and expect to win

though is mothra really dead? I miss her already bros:(

>EVERYWHERE. Every person we meet, every room we're in, every building they go to, every committee they convene...all have a shitload of text. It wasn't trouble to read it, but my god...it was a lot.

These budget expositions are very much needed to build upon the satirical take on Japanese bureaucracy, brainlet.

Canon immortal as long as she lays an egg and she did.

Attached: 847.jpg (648x1600, 190K)

More Rodan is a bitch jokes.

Attached: fac.jpg (635x1259, 158K)

Begone boomer!

Wait, nuzzling isn’t sex? What have I been doing this whole time

youtube.com/watch?v=tqYqtvu-wSE
youtube.com/watch?v=j2iUQ6sta_c
youtube.com/watch?v=AeY8H2UK-NY
youtube.com/watch?v=mF8Ybi2V59g

Attached: rodan spin.gif (480x201, 738K)

cute

what's your favorite, Yea Forums?
mine's was ghidorah's

Not my favorite but it shows Ghidorah cloned from Kevin's head and how it may look. Makes me sad we won't see Charles Dance in the next movie how is that even going to work?

Attached: 5de.jpg (500x1286, 75K)

Attached: b83.jpg (680x956, 79K)

Reverse MKG. Unlikely but here is how it would look.

Attached: 544.jpg (680x1057, 99K)

Its pretty amazing to me how cool the kajiu universe is. I haven't seen anything from it before i went to see kotm last week and now i want to watch all of it and i kind of regret i haven't heard about it earlier.

Attached: wzium.jpg (619x391, 122K)

I was never a fan but she grew on me.

Attached: 645645.jpg (680x425, 28K)

yes

Rodan or Ghidorah, love the drums in Rodan, reminds me of the amazing Jurassic Park 2 score.

I want to fuck the moth

Oh God there's so much of this shit. I know there was like 10-15 before the movie. And a lot of that is actually good quality art. To think that if the series was more popular we would be getting beautiful fanart of Manda or Titanosaurus.

Attached: 381.jpg_large.jpg (680x495, 32K)

A Godzilla movie for the thinking man, along with 1945 and Return of Godzilla.

And Rodan is a bitch yes we get it.

Attached: 582.jpg (680x959, 108K)

I have an important announcement
youtube.com/watch?v=uH0RLRgyX7E

>shit opinion

Kill yourself pleb

cute!

Attached: Shin Godzilla (1).webm (960x400, 2.86M)

I think the original sounds were scary and cool af

There's something so gross yet intensely beautiful about that eye flick

>glass and lighter debrin being "skinned" from a building by the force of the explosion before the the actual fireball engulfs it
Hm. Now where have I see that before?

Attached: 1560137848632.jpg (1209x980, 536K)

What the fuck are you retarded?

There is a moth?

because its made by the guy who also made Neon Genesis Evangelion

That movie was sick. I wasn't expecting to be that hyped, but as soon as we had the serizawa scene and godzilla's return, i was on my seat's edge all the time! 9/10 easily

Was.

Attached: 625.jpg (680x795, 116K)

fool

Attached: mothra.jpg (1849x809, 626K)

Kamata-kun isn't the first form, he's the second

Attached: Shin_1st_Form.png (1024x904, 1.14M)

Because it treats Godzilla like the threat he is. Also the movie has zero plot holes and a great foundation of characters all working together to find the solution to beat the monster. instead of a single action hero defying gravity and logic for stupid action scenes, the humans in this movie share in the responsibility, and you relate to it so well because that's how it is in real life. Shin Godzilla is fucking great and I'm gonna watch it again right now

????

That's a flea with wings, not a moth

Underrated

FUCK HIM UP!

holy shit they ripped off hiroshima

While it's pretty fucking good CGI for it's budget I wish it used a actual puppet/suit instead of mocap, and also toned down the Evangelion shit

As for KotM
>Graham
>Serizawa
>Sci-fi tech
>Oxygen destroyer
>Atlantis
why

Another great thing about shin was all the shots showing Godzilla from many different angles. The one next to the trees where his footsteps sound like thunder and shake the ground, all the ariel shots. And most times he's always somewhere in the background.

The only thing they might have explained was why Godzilla was running around Tokyo in the first place. I know it's just something he does, but Shin had good reasons for everything else, it would have been nice to have a reason Godzilla was fucking up the city in the first place other than just because it's what he does.

What's the joke?

>"Mother of God..."
>"She had nothing to do with this."
>camera pans upward to Ghidorah trapped in ice

Attached: 1560033457261.jpg (580x580, 196K)

Mothra's, without a doubt
>the waterfall scene
>when she finally emerges out of the clouds above Castle Bravo and guides Monarch to Godzilla
>slowly crawls over to an injured Godzilla to protect him from Ghidorah and buy him some time
>Godzilla's nuclear pulse having her wings in the shockwave and her battlecry ring out

Attached: tumblr_inline_ov1s9cJOnx1um7jh1_1280.gif (400x225, 1.96M)

>lil QT Rodan

There was a suit. Just enhanced with CGI

i admit it, i got chills in thi s moment

>KOTM
>good

Can we please stop this "KOTM is good" meme? Outside of the monsters and the fight scenes, it was garbage like the 2014 version. I'm sorry, but I just really didn't care about the humans in those films, they were such a drag.

I work in Hollywood and haven't seen this. Sold me completely. If you have any creative background, please respond.

this is EXAACTLY my genre: bringing in scientists of all backgrounds and hackers and shit to scientifically come p witha solution.

america bombing it getting BTFO and the opera music was GOAT

As far as I'm concerned there's not a single bad monster scene. Rodan chase was really impressive even after we saw many of the best fragments in the trailer. But the aileron roll was even better in the movie I thought it was just a very effective way of dodging not an attack.

Attached: D72v6SZUEAEt-f0.jpg (1406x2048, 562K)

sleepy

Attached: D8ivATiUYAIvrMl.jpg (680x510, 70K)

for me the most impressive part was just watching ghidorah climb out of the hole in ice. This paired with the gold lightning was probably one of the most amazing visual spectacles i've seen in a very long time.
Rodan doing barrel rolls was very close though

Perhaps it's normal for a movie not starring Robert Downey Jr. but I'm surprised it was "only" 170 million the scale of the movie made it look really expensive. Lots of cool locations, sweeping shots. It had to be an attempt at making an epic movie and I appreciate it because the movie looked beautiful. Many frames look simply gorgeous.

Is Atlantis showing up on KTM a reference?
I thought t was dumb as fuck
Also Ghidorah being stupid and being fooled by a sonar for the entire movie

it was very well balanced, even the american involvement
they get BTFO, but they're also helping, and send the drones later...
japan accepts international help but also does the heavy lifting

It hinted at old relations between Godzilla and humanity. It was basically his home. First time they showed anything like that because so far he only lived on islands. There've been a few lost civilizations in Toho canon. Mu in Atragon, Seatopia in Godzilla vs. Megalon (leftover from Mu and Lemuria) and Latitude Zero in... Latitude Zero.

I think the suit was only scanned, then animated with motion capture.

Attached: 2016080900003558.jpg (800x835, 65K)

It isn’t like Godzilla 1954 or Shin had really great characters either.
No, really. Love those movies but the characters were rather stock if charismatic.

1954 was the exception. Shin didn't attempt to have characters.

the terror plot should have just kickstarted the awakening then they should have been all killed or something, no point in continuing that plotline
also the dad was annoying with being literally the only one able to do stuff in every scene he was in

Guys, I get it. I know why they did it. The Japanese really screwed the pooch with Fukishima and this is a take on the poor management. It's one of the reasons I enjoyed the film, but seeing it in the theater with the Japanese AND English text was a lot at times. For a few shots, the screen was 80% text between the two languages. lol

Attached: Godzilla Srsly.jpg (450x438, 92K)

Return is my favorite. In reality, it's 1985 that's my favorite. First I saw, one I love the most.

Heisei overall had a really strong start with the first three, maybe four films, but tapered off as it went on. I'm not one of those G fans who rides GvD's dick like Burning G is the second coming of Christ. It's an ok film, but I don't think it's worth nutting over. The first three of the Heisei are far superior.

Showa had some greats, though. I love both Mechagodzilla films. Ghidorah, Kong, and Megalon are all good too (the latter mostly due to Jet Jaguar). The beam spamming in the later Heisei series was fun, but it got tiring.

Gun to my head, I'll choose Heisei, but reluctantly.

Attached: Mechagodzilla Is A Boss.webm (720x364, 2.34M)

>IF I DIE IN THIS WORLD
>NO ONE WILL KNOW SOMETHING OF ME

kino

Attached: 1558205766996.jpg (500x666, 45K)