Child's Play (2019)

Just saw it AMA

Attached: MV5BNTNlNjIxNjktOWUyMS00YWY5LWEwZGItMjZmODJlZWNiZGM2XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNDg4NjY5OTQ@._V1_SY1000_CR0,0,67 (674x1000, 117K)

how does it end?
how is mark hamill as chucky?

Is Chucky possessed supernaturally? Or is it like a computer gone haywire kinda thing?

Huge Chucky fan here so i'm gonna bite

Is it good?
Do they adress the fact that Andy is too fucking old to want a doll?
Are the kills good?
Does it set up sequel?
Also

Obviously it sucked, because it was made by the producers of the new IT.

My question is: how much did it suck?

is it shit

It seems OP bailed. Does anyone know when the review embargo for this shit lifts?

I could have seen it tonight but I chose not to.

Give me the kills

5 PM but dont know which timezone

I havent seen the new IT, was it pretty shitty? I was a fan of the old IT

Did it have similar humor to the original Child's Play?
t. Did not see trailer

The climax takes place in a department store where chucky hacks the buddi dolls to attack everyone. Andy, his mom and the cop kill chucky.

Mark is one of the best parts of the movie and surprisngly isnt just doing his best brad dourif impression.

Not that guy but IT was ok. There's some pretty good scenes and the child actors are great but the jumpscares and the retarded final fight kind of ruin it

I think people who liked it found all the stuff with the friends group - and the small town setting - comfy, but the clown and alleged scary parts are pretty formulaic and ineffective. More of a Hot Topic clown glaring edgily but not really scary.

Computer gone haywire kinda thing unfortunately

>hacks the buddi dolls
I actually unironically cringed. Why is hollywood so miserably incapable of making a decent film?

Is it like an AI or something though? Does he have a personality or is it just a machine?

>Is it good?
Yes better than the last few sequels but not as good as the original
>Do they adress the fact that Andy is too fucking old to want a doll?
No lol
>Are the kills good?
Yes but there aren't many. The lawn mower kill is a highlight
>Does it set up sequel?
Yes

No

> not liking curse of chucky
okay goodbye faggot you have no taste

It has humor but not similar to the original

gotcha thx, I might check it out just because of the comfy town setting.

Any nudity?

He has a personality. A disgruntled factory worker at the start of the film decides to take all restrictions off the chip inside the doll causing him to go haywire

Whats chuckys endgame?
Is seeing Aubrey Plaza in a horror movie/semi serious role jarring or weird?

I did like curse of chucky though
No

Yes

Formerly Chucky

>Whats chuckys endgame?
Kill andy after he rejects him
>Is seeing Aubrey Plaza in a horror movie/semi serious role jarring or weird?
No she was pretty good in the role

Been reading about some kind of surprise ending or final twist, is it true?
Does Chucky actually look good?
How is Mark Hamill and Aubrey Plaza's acting?

>Kill andy after he rejects him
Fucking yandere doll

So it’s Small Soldiers?

...still kinda wanna see it

Attached: 1260647352-Child-Play-with-Aubrey-Plaza-Official_hires.jpg (1080x608, 52K)

Was it at least better than that piece of shit Halloween reboot from last year?

>Been reading about some kind of surprise ending or final twist, is it true?
No
>Does Chucky actually look good?
He looks ok. Redesign could of been better
>How is Mark Hamill and Aubrey Plaza's acting?
Hamill is great. Worth seeing just for his performance. Aubrey was fine.

It's as good as IT remake, so no.

any aubrey plaza nudity?

Attached: 18050308.gif (300x561, 568K)

Sounds like what the original script of Small Soldiers was supposed to be like

no

How’s Chucky laugh

Is it actually the same as the original movie at all?

into the trash it goes

Give me the kills good sir!

She has been in some horror comedies, though, like that movie, Life After Beth, where she comes back from the grave as a revenant zombie. It's an A24 film, if I remember correctly, so it's probably kino.

Ah here's ya problem, someone switched the doll settings from good to evil.

Just wait a couple of months for the Dead Meat YouTube episode.

Similar to Mark Hamills Joker
Other than having the same character names no its very different
lawn mower, buzz saw, car crash, stabbing

>Dead Meat
cringe and blue pilled

What does Chucky even try to do in this movie? In the original series his goal is to take over a body so he can become human again but that can't be the situation here

God dammit there’s literally nothing wrong with supernatural possessions, that at least explains how a fucking doll can pick up anything that weighs more than a 1/4 of its body.
Kek

>car crash
lmao at least they kept true to the tradition of the franchise in this regard

SIMPSON'S DID IT FIRST

At first he wants to be Andy's best friend but after Chucky kills a character that Andy doesn't like, Andy rejects him which causes Chucky to want to kill Andy.

>MC returns Chucky bound in duct tape to the toy store
>movie ends with Randy the Store clerk taking the batteries out of Chucky's ass, flips a switch under his hair and puts him back on the shelf in a new box

Is the ending bleak like the originals, or happy?

I'm a target of their fucking jokes, so watch it and laugh at my expense.

In what way could it possibly be similar if the Chuckie doll is no longer supernatural? It's an AI gone berserk now.

They could still use elements of the original movie and change them to fit the new concept. Obviously no scenes with the Voodoo Guy or killing Chucky's former partner.

I feel like something all the Child’s Play movies (outside of this one) have missed out on is the voodoo aspect. There are tons of cool aspects to voodoo, different spirits and demons, multiple spells, etc. But none of that is explored even though Charles Lee Ray was experienced enough in voodoo to transfer his soul into a doll.

I mean fuck, if we’re doing reboots, imagine a serial killer film where Charles toys with his victims using voodoo before offing them, then it ends with him entering the doll.

>Is the ending bleak like the originals
They kill Chucky and manage to escape in most of them, how are they bleak?

Why is Chucky evil? Is it the same as the first movie where he's some serial killer who transferred his soul into a doll or is it just like a malfunctioning killer robot? Please tell me it's the first...

The boy Gabriel Bateman is insanely handsome.

>using the subject field
newfag
why does reddit continually use "ama" instead of 4chans established "ask me anything", when all they do is mimic and copy what we do and say?