Wheel of Time

Are you excited to hear her say that line?

Attached: ss.jpg (580x623, 45K)

Other urls found in this thread:

tor.com/2014/06/02/the-wheel-of-time-hugo-refresher/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

say shes too tall for the role
normies will flip their shit

what do you mean? is she playing a hobbit?

>read Eye of the World
>its extremely boring turbo-standard fantasy
>the end gets mildly interesting but ends without any narrative thrust into the sequel
>never buy the Great Hunt

moraine is like 4ft in the books
it's integral to her persona because the shortest gal in the world had the most guts
...so yeah kind of like a hobbit... fuck

Too tall, not smol. But that can be fixed in post or with careful filming. Kind of like how they make RDJ seem tall.

stop discriminating manlet

Attached: karlietall.webm (1280x720, 2.99M)

Moiraine is like, 5'0" while the three main boys are all like 6' or so, Rand being like apehoop baller height.

Her shortness adds to her qtness when she gets all serious on you.

that sounds cute
>tfw no argumentative hobbit gf

her being short is pretty funny because her warder and the protagonists are all tall chads and she gets to boss them around for a while then begs Rand to let her be one of his guides and they finally make up (for a couple of chapters until she kills herself)

Yeah I’m wondering what to read after Eye of the World. I liked it, but maybe I should try Kingkiller or something else before coming back to WOT.

The Great Hunt introduces a lot of the world and it's mostly the boys wandering off on their own. Dragon Reborn is when stuff really gets fun.

Terrible choice

>kills herself
u wot? moraine never dies.

the books are great, i admit the first 2 can be slow if you have adhd, but the 3rd book is when shit gets going. also mat best boy, and perrin is a fucking beta cuck whatever else buzzword you guys use and i hate him because of faile

>have a sniveling bad guy in book one
>gradually build him up over the books
>he gains crazy weird powers and shit
>can start ordering trollocs around
>nails fucking fades to doors
>gets fades to betray their own god to follow him
>able to control the insane monstrosity that lurks the ways
>able to create zombiesque trollocs
>gets nothing personal'd because the author died and the replacement author didnt know what to do with the character
i will never ever get over my butthurt of how dirty they did padan fain

Faile's whole character may have been tainted because she's mostly from Perrin's POV. "Faile smelled jealous" it's like, she smelled it because it's an involuntary reaction, but she never expressed upon it or brought it up. Basically, Perrin's wolf ESP paints her as more of a jealous cunt than would have been perceivable by any other character.

Tolkien was a big deal user, he influenced so many writers.

Sanderson tried, but maybe should have tried harder. I'd prefer to see someone who's like a WoT loremaster redo the final books like Christopher Tolkien did.

who would be better Yea Forums? here is my pick.

Attached: annasmoll-phia-robb.jpg (1280x1280, 112K)

>it's integral to her persona because the shortest gal in the world had the most guts
its really not, you fucking spastic lol what the fuck
sure her being short was something thats pointed out a few times, but it is in no way tied to what she actually does

i dont by anymeans hate sanderson, ive enjoyed the kingmaker or whatever books with dudes with crystal swords and armor, but his writing style is vastly different then jordans was. im satisfied with like 90% of what he did, knowing he was on a time constraint, and he was stepping in to fill some big shoes, but there were just a few small things i wish were different, and padan fain is one of those

................shes wearing 5 inch heals! fuk off with this shit.

this cast is going to be so huge. how many aiel, aes sedai, ashaman, nobles, etc are they going to cut out? all i know is mat better have nalsean and talmanes and that fat horse thief when he makes his band of the red hand

ofc not directly you dense motherfucker
you must be fun to talk with

>implying we'll be getting as far as the Band.

I'm just concerned about them fucking up the Aiel as something other than tanned Irishmen.

More like Wheel of Time to check my watch because I'm so fucking bored.

>wheel of time finally made a show, but canceled before i get to see the band of the red hand
my REEEEing would be a thing of legend.

i swear to god i tried reading about this thing and it came off as pure anime cringe with retarded power levels and 'nothing personal kid' all over the place.

Moiraine too tall
Lan is a manlet

What are the chances Perrin is not BAME?

it is desu

How much did you read? I mean what books?

until what point do you think the producers will keep trying?

like, in GoT, d&d are on record saying they just wanted to make it to the red wedding. And they delivered that promise. Everything past it was garbage.

for WoT I'm thinking Dumai Wells

aside from the obvious dumais well, what is your favorite wow scene you want to see on screen?

mine is when rand is telling all 3 of the girls he loves them, and nynaeve just stands there with her eyes bulging and tugging her braid, while lan 'intensely studies the bowl of his pipe'

>Dumai Wells
They'll cut that. As if they make women kneel in front of a MAN.

>Moiraine and Nynaeve will never browbeat you into submission

Attached: DLbUxchUQAA-ltm.jpg (1200x900, 127K)

>kneel and swear to the lord dragon, or be knelt
>and on that day, 9 aes sedai swore fealty to the dragon reborn...and the world was changed forever
i got chills when i read it the first time.

Veins of Gold is kind of the climax of the series. I doubt we'll get to Rhuidean desu.

Reminder based Rafe is gonna cut that cringey harem shit out of the show.

>no min constantly sitting on rands lap while he is ruling and teasing him
i refuse to watch then

>No boyish Min who's actually very pretty and has a massive plump ass in tight trousers
>no G cupped Forsaken
>no J cupped Forsaken (male)

Aiel will be blacked. It won't make any sense, but they'll do it. screencap this.

>Black Rand struggles to understand how he might not be Tam's son

No the harem is still going to be there.
He’s just going to make them fuck other guys when rand isn’t around.

thats even worse. Yuck

and without shoes they are about the same height. Fucking slut

Kingkiller is good.
Stormlight Archive is good
Idk i like everything by sanderson but i didnt read elantris

how many of your normie friends who watched GoT started reading the books after?

Literally all my close friends except i think 1, had started reading the books by season 3 and most finished them all by season 4/5

GoT was a one off
Wheel of time is longer, normies wont read it, which means they will change a lot

>dumai wells
not gonna happen

the harem will be in

rand will be black

Yeah I would like an alternate ending for Fain.

>normies will flip their shit
Oh that explains this thread then.

>king killer is good

Attached: 4FC1EFFC-DB15-4A36-8F76-C59FCD8F3F2D.jpg (400x462, 26K)

This series is just utter boring trash. I’m convinced it was Jordan’s personal escapist fantasy, creating the world for himself to try and get lost in it and avoid life, there are hundreds of pages of useless description and meaningless boring story arcs.

God damn it. They are actually going to do it. Fuck these people. My life is bad enough but now I have to live through some rando hollywood writers turning WOT into some abomination that is paraded around normies as Jordan's Legacy. Add it to the fucking pile of wasted potential.

>Clive cussler's Sahara
>Last airbender
>The dresden files
>Game of thrones

Attached: 1515005607223.png (632x576, 292K)

>Rosamund Pike
should this create some hype or something? who cares about her?

None. I don’t know a single person that read those books and I know many that watch GOT. Hell I read one and immediately dropped the series.

Is this some more gay magic shit?

>creating the world for himself to try and get lost in it and avoid life
made him rich though

I want the perrin interrogation scene where he mindfucks the aiel prisoner and cuts off his hand. It wont be as good because there wont be 6 seasons of perrin being a pussy to make the moment carthartic.

*tugs braid*

Attached: 1558025240236.webm (1300x1080, 2.86M)

>read 10 books before I realise this cuck shit is for fag yank kids and give up

The books start getting absurdly boring around book 5. I dropped it after finishing 6.

I'm interested in how they're going to do Perrins Flicker scene, and the Snakey Foxy Peeps for Mat. Also if they're going to do the intro with the breaking.

I remember reading the books years and years ago, but I dropped it somewhere around the 5th book, I think, because the harem shit, the constant "Men are such woolheaded fools" barrage and so on, was really fucking tedious to read about. I genuinely can't understand why people like the series, there's not even one likeable character in the whole thing.

This. Everyman is a bitch and every woman is a cunt.

Yea but he died with an 2/10 wife so I win

>dumai wells
>not gonna happen
You don't know how much more autistic the WoT fanbase is than the ASOIAF one. They'll rage if it doesn't happen.

Fuck you all I liked the books.

There are no chads in this series

Have sex

>Complaining about heels
I have never seen a woman in heels and thought she was gaming the system somehow. Is this exclusively a short man thought process?

The books are decent up until they learn how to teleport and then shit just stops happening since of instead of travelling around having adventures everyone just whines about their circumstances

She's an alright actress.

Attached: rosamund pike gone girl4.webm (1280x532, 2.99M)

Wait , are they making this shit into a movie or into a tv series ?

You think they will include all the subtle not at all subtle bdsm undertones, spanking, and humiliation?

The writers have already confirmed they'll be removing all problematic aspects of the series

But BDSM is femism, brother.

Not when men are dom

>you dense motherfucker
>you must be fun to talk with
back to 9gag you go

That is literally the only good scene in the first 10 books. How dumb do you have to be to think they'll cut it?

>implying the show won't get cancelled long before they get there

All that lezdom in Seanchan and the Tower though. Seanchan collar channelers with magic-controlling collars, that can only be controlled by other women, and the tower infantilize women by spanking them and treating them like kids whenever they get punishment.

Jordan probably gave me my BDSM-fetish reading all that as a young teen

Why do they hate us so much?

Attached: 1553546858552.png (500x494, 352K)

>All that lezdom in Seanchan
except fucking damane is seen the same as fucking a child or an animal

Apparently Fallon is 6ft can anyone confirm this?

Attached: firefox_2019-06-20_12-38-49.png (170x173, 27K)

What's the point of adapting this?

He is. Karlie is like 6'2 and wearing 3-4 inch heels, it checks out. She'd fucking mog pretty much any man in Hollywood with that height.

I remember reading a post on r/tallgirls about a woman breaking down and crying because she realized that she was taller than her boyfriend in heels. And some of the women legit recommended breaking up with him. So I can definitely see why it would trigger short guys.

Brand recognition?

But then again how many normies have heard about WOT anyway. . .

normie here. never heard of this. the name alone, wheel of time, sounds gay as fuck. zero chance this captures hearts and minds like game of thrones did.

You should continue, pretty much everyone agrees that the series gets way better from the second book on. Basically he had to write a soft Fellowship clone to get fantasy published back in the day and he also had to make the first book semi self-contained in the case it didn't sell well and he didn't get a contract for sequels. The books are able to truly become their own thing after the first one

Short women get mad about heels even more.

Imagine being a 5'2 female and seeing a 6' woman in heels.

T. Demandred.

The books were fucking massive and they sold over 90 million copies. Normalfags might not be autistically following news about potential tv-adaptations like us, but when the marketing starts people will remember it.

She'd be pretty good Tavore for malazan tv show

I stopped in the middle of the fires of heaven because it felt like things were being needlessly dragged out
it also didn't help that my favourite character is Perrin, and as I understand it he is completely absent from that book

TV. It's currently just speculation based on the episode titles they've revealed so far, but it seems they are going to make the first season have 10 one hour episodes and cover the first two books. That would give us around six to seven seasons depending on whether they keep the two books per season pace or combine three slower books into one during the slower mid-late part.

rand is going to become the badguy and the white tower will actually win and end up controlling him so the "goodgirls" win. calling it right now.

He also made Mat into one of his own character archetypes apparently and turned him into a quipping memelord retard who can barely write his name. He did get a bit better after the first Sanderson book though.

Nah, as bad as the showrunner is he has repeatedly mentioned that the Aiel will be gingers.

Vanin is so fucking based.

>There, holding to his father, the Dragon Reborn began to weep
I'm usually the only one who keeps mentioning this scene, but it's just so fucking good. Rand went through so much shit and went so mad he almost killed his father who had always trusted and loved him unconditionally, then he completes his own character arc and resolves his issues and can finally show weakness again, crying like a little boy in his father's arms.

>other guys
You mean each other.

Moiraine is short as fuck. like tiny, but not a midget.
that would have been good casting really. just give her dark hair.
>Dumai Wells
that will never happen. not in a million CURRENT YEARs. Rand and Lews Therin going BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD and forcing the Aes Sedai to kneel and swear to him would cause conniption fits.
SHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT!
and Jumper. the way they fucked up Davy was a crime. it could have been the best young adult movie in a very long time.
the battle for emonds field was KINO in print form, but holy fuck did jordan ruin poor perrin. how the fuck are they going to do The Ways justice?
burn me, you're bloody right.

>I am the storm..

Perrin dabbing on Egwene in the dream.

Oh sweet summer child

HOPPER IS THE BEST BOY EVER.

BELA IS BAE

Moiraine? P decent cast, even though first poster is right she’s too tall

way too fucking tall

height is easy to fix on screen though

Kino casting. Started the books in November so if the shows had the story wouldn’t be ruined, on Book 11 right now, so pumped for Mat, Thom and Noal to rescue Moiraine in the Tower of Ghenjei. Mat literally just read the letter, and so help me if the POV changes back to the autistic ‘MUH CUNT WIFE ALL THAT MATTERS’ wolf faggot I’m gonna kill someone

>My husband rides from World's end towards tarwin gap
Also mat destroying 3 armies with a tenth of the men and no casualties

Give it to me straight, bros. Is it another fantasy shit about good vs evil?

Mat's kinda iffy, he's much less subtle than how Jordan wrote him but he certainly wasn't out of character. It was more like the pieces of Mat's character that were left more to the reader's imagination were placed front and centre.

Also the illiteracy thing is a meme. Mat deliberately makes his handwriting look like shit at one point because he doesn't think the woman the letter's being sent to will believe it's him if he writes well.

the dragon reborn was where this series starts to stand out from the pack, and shadow rising was one of the greatest fantasy books written all time.

you just have to get through 2 solid fantasy books to get to them.

More like humanity verses entropy. But a lot of the people working for the "nothing force" are moustache twirlers because the "nothing force" lies through it's none existent teeth about all the worldly rewards they'll get if they win.

Yeah but it's good.

Sanderson has said he wanted to do more but the books were already getting too long and that it needed to be cut

>man subtly writes about his vanilla ass fetishes and has his wife edit his work
HACK
i can't wait to see the scene where nynaeve and the fallen tie each other up with the power and spank each other

>hack
You mean based.

Yea and its shit

Started reading the prequel, Moiraine chapters are great, Lan chapters are utter wankery. Edgelord Coldsteele Hedgehog-tier wankery.

>Is it another fantasy shit about good vs evil?

sorta. The big bad is definitely an existential threat, however the rules he is forced to operate under make it a strange threat.

Tbh, Moiraine was the best character for me. I dropped at book 11 but I’d only gotten that far because I was a beet with nothing better to do.
The main characters are all faggots, most of the side characters are faggots, I wish the treegooks has gotten Jordan and saved us from this basedboi shit and am I convinced that Robert Jordan died a virgin.

>and am I convinced that Robert Jordan died a virgin.
Jordan was actually such a chad that he used to date two women at the same time and they were okay with it to the point that they scheduled their turns to go on dates with him together. Jordan was based as fuck.

>projection

Yeah, it’s like the guy had never been in a relationship in his life. How many times did I catch myself asking, what the fuck? Why or when did this “relationship” develop so far along.

Letting his ass get double teamed still counts as dying a virgin in my eyes.

Cope.

I don't know... Amazon is not Netflix, maybe they'll have a little more guts.

Have more sex than Robert Jordan which is to say any at all

You're a shitposting retard, but that was Jordans response when fans got too autistic with their questions, he was doing the "have sex" thing long before you trannies

>I suggest you go and have an intense love affair, either with a man, a woman or a German shepherd
How can one man be so based?

And just like me he was projecting

dialate

cringe

>there wont be 6 seasons of perrin being a pussy to make the moment carthartic
Why the fuck would anyone keep reading?

Elayne is uncastable

There's also no sex and no yass queeensss in the first book.

Because thankfully his arc is only one of about six POVs we switch between.

pls don't be bad :(

And he's not even the worst of them.

All the bdsm in WoT is fem on fem. The only exception I think is when Shaidar Haran keeps Moghedian in his rape pocket dimension.

Height isn't really a big deal for her character though. Not like Rand who needs it to distinguish him as Aiel.

Will this cure my GoT depression? How similar is it? There's a Gary Stu with a special sword that kills bad inhuman guys?

Attached: 1560648167863.jpg (505x505, 58K)

>The only exception I think is when Shaidar Haran keeps Moghedian in his rape pocket dimension.
Can you imagine Morena Baccarin as Moggy, getting pounded by Shaidar Haran and Moridin night after night, then getting away and escaping during the Last Battle, only to be leashed by the Seanchan? My member is quivering at the thought

They aren't very similar at all. GoT is fundamentally about a Succession war with a side of "Ancient Evil Awakens" thrown in for flavor.

WoT is more like a global conflict vs a per-existing ancient evil a la Sauron, although it does have an extremely boring Succession crisis in it.

God I want a short qt to bully me.

But there's a Jon Snow in there?

ya, if jon snow could talk to and summon wolves, had a massive axe and could travel through dreams and would rather die then kill the love of his life

Not him but isn't Rand a more like Jon Snow character? Being the chosen one and all

Can someone explain what this line is? Never read the books and I dont care to.

>looking for book to read
>mildly interested in WoT
>14 fucking books

It's hard for me to believe that all 14 are good and worth my time

I've read them several times and I don't know what he's on about.

ya if jon snow had a dead mans voice in his head, was crazy powerful with the worlds magic system and was driven insane by being so, was constantly on the run for being the chosen one, had 3 girlfriends at once

They aren't. Books 8-10 are infamously known as "the Slog." If you can read them and not hate Perrin or Elayne as a character it's a major accomplishment.

maybe 1-2 are actualy good, second half are bad, and of those 3-4 are actual fucking filler shit

does anyboy has a good link to a summary of the books? I just remember reading them when I was like 19 and liked them, the whole women can do magic but man can only do evil one or something

I also remember the indian savages or whatever

It's not that men can "only do evil", it's just that the male half of magic was corrupted and makes them go mad if they use it. Also, the savages are gingers.

I liked them all but I know that's not common.

The general premise is that "an ancient evil awakens" but 90% of the world is too busy with their own wars and bullshit and hates the chosen one as a kind of "kill the messenger" type deal.
On top of that, the previous incarnation of the chosen one went crazy and is inside the main guy's head, so he basically looks schizophrenic to people paying attention.

There's a wiki I think. Or this is good: tor.com/2014/06/02/the-wheel-of-time-hugo-refresher/

Nigger,WoT is the normiest fantasy series of all time.

There is a very special crystal sword that makes people go fuckin nuts and wreck the place with magic.

I imagine it's "The wheel weaves as the wheel wills."

So, which one of the three boys will be the nigger?

My bet is on the blacksmith.

Of course his girlfriend will be lily-white.

Morgase Trakand will definitely be blacked in front of her sons,basically a WatchingMyMomGoBlack.com episode

Well Rahvin is brown so that already happens.

All that fucked up BDSM lesbian-ploitation is now normie tier? What a time to be a live!

>not-hobbit girl

I'm already bored of this shit.

> BDSM lesbian-ploitation
It's no rare and so tame it's not worth mentioning. But ofc 4ch can talk of nothing else. Even the collars are only ever described as horrific and not a kink.

Dumai Wells was great but this scene was its equal:

"Cadsuane," he said softly, "do you believe that I could kill you? Right here, right now, without using a sword or the Power? Do you believe that if I simply willed it, the Pattern would bend around me and stop your heart? By . . . coincidence?"

Being ta'veren didn't work that way. Light! It didn't, did it? He couldn't bend the very Pattern to his will, could he?

And yet, meeting his eyes, she did believe. Against all logic, she looked in those eyes and knew that if she didn’t leave, she would die.

Attached: Wheel of Time.png (800x450, 748K)

Attached: Rosamund-Pike-Feet-2640109.jpg (1666x2500, 335K)

WoT does have some good scenes but they are spread out so infrequently and mainly in the latter books I can't see how they'd build a show around them. WoT is popular because of the characters and world building. Does that really translate to TV?

Jon didn't end up as a much of a chosen one

just the thought of you cancerous got showfags flocking to this makes me sick

>yfw Lan is Japanese

I want her to make that face at my dick and bully me.

No sex, no bloody violence, not grimdark, grade school level politics. The GoT audience aren't going to like this.

I fucking hate WoT because of the fucking we wuz mutt and his super irish (but I don't actually know anything about Ireland) culture

Cope

>No sex, no bloody violence, not grimdark, grade school level politics
Good, i only liked the magical aspect of GoT. The White Walkers, Azor Ahai, etc.

They'll like the grade school level politics.

Oh, probably. Every fucker says that though.

No. Its gonna be a shit anyway. They will rush thorough shit, ignore stuff, and probably en up pandering to normies.

the funny thing that according to Jordan Aiel only look like Irish while they speak like Slavs

How tall is Rand?

What about flanderizing Matt and turning him into comic relief

Wheel of Time is bad

>no bloody violence
Uh, user...

I hope not. Mat was a shit in the first 2 books because of the dagger, basically a side character. Book 3 he finally had some major development and basically became one of the best characters in the story as the series went on. Then in Sanderson's books he faded into the background again.

Read Stormlight Archive and get yourself a Shallan waifu

Only read the first book but I imagined Moraine as pretty tall or looking like Tilda Swinton

It's in the last books he became pure comic relief which was annoying.

He's probably the most important character to get right for the series because he's the antidote to how unlikeable most of the women are in the first 7 or so books. Doubly so given that we're not going to get the internal monologues to soften the women's unyielding bitchyness.

Shallan is a shit waifu though. Rysn best waifu.

Kingkiller is beautifully written and has an amazingly realized world and magic system...

Buy holy shit the MC is a mega Gary Stu. It's also a deceptive as fuck name for a series.

They're going to make Rand and the Aiel black aren't they?

It's always the fucking redheads.

I like the lore and world building in Kingkiller but it gets so silly at times and the dialogue is pretty terrible especially when Kvothe is meeting with Denna. That aside, I like the stuff with the fae and Chandrian. The biggest problem the series has is the characters are all paper thin and one dimensional but everything else is actually not bad.

Why Hollywood hates redheads?

I think Kvothe being so frustratingly perfect hampers most of the characters and the writer seems to have some really weird views of women that he puts into the books.

I challenge anyone not to cringe hard at the male-mothers scene

>tfw no ros pike khajiit wife

>no sex
Buddy buddy.
Pillowtalk sure ain't something dirty now is it?

Rand they can't.
The aiel are another thing entirely.
Hollywood'll probably throw a shit fit over that they were supposed to be "helpers" to the original aes sedai and immediately attribute that to liberated slaves and couple that to black "slave - culture". And whity can't have that.

>black Rand
>still wonders whether he belongs among the lily white Emond Fielders

>>tfw no ros pike khajiit wife
What did he mean by this?

>lily white Emond Fielders
lmao
Here's your Cenn Buie bro

Attached: MV5BMTQ0OTE3MzQ2Nl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMDc2MDc1NA@@._V1_SY1000_CR0,0,666,1000_AL_.jpg (666x1000, 63K)

>what you are has nothing to do with what you do
dumb

That or he will be black.
Actually does anyone know if they are race swapping characters ?

I don't see this series lasting very long unless they make a lot of changes and start merging a bunch of shit together to streamline it for the general audience nowadays. Hell I could see it failing just if they keep the 3 girls, 1 guy stuff and try to feed that to the masses.

I bet they'll give it a good shot and fund it decently, but I just don't see people really being interested.

He's supposed to be freakishly tall, something like 6 foot 6 inches, which would look retarded on screen.

And their names and 'culture'

I haven't read the books but is there a faction of chauvinistic mysoginistic biggoted racist WHITE males?

they're getting writer fucked really hard

Whitecloaks will all be shitlord white men

>Whitecloaks
>White

Oh jesus
They're going to pull a witcher on you guys. I don't know if that pic where some user explains that the soldiers' armor looking like a shriveled dick is on purpose is true or not but expect some fucked up visual shit.

I haven't read the books, I'm not hyped for this in fact I'm not even expecting anything from the shitshow that this will be AND YET I already know I will be disappointed.

Why do tall women wear heels? Aren't they designed to put them on more of an equal standing with men?
If a bitch is already fuck tall, why make herself even taller to the point where she's not on equal standing anymore?

Whitecloaks are basically entitled cunts to a man, so they'll be white nazis.

>Aren't they designed to put them on more of an equal standing with men?
No

But they are though? Women are shorter so heels make them at eye level with men

They make their legs look nice
Their purpose isn't to get on eye level with men you incel

>Lan is a manlet
Did the T*rks leak Lan's casting too?

It's important for the Cairhien, the nation of manlets.

Blindly playing in a Wheel of Time TTRPG:

I'm playing a Seanchan strategist who just commanded the initial landing on Falme. We won the battle against local forces but I got about 20% of our army killed in the process.

Did I do shit or does Falme canonically put up a good fight?

>manlet

that's a picture of someone who's acting career just ended

If you won at Falme as Seanchan then you've done well.

>Dropping it immediately after Dumai's Wells

I have some bad news. On my 3rd reread of the series and getting through 10 is the worst it's been yet.

Martin wrote fanfiction.net tier nonsense about how Jaime would beat Rand in a fight.

I think there are multiple Seanchan battles that take place in Falme though, aren't there? This was the very first one. The Westlands have never seen our kind before and Rand wasn't there.

>quick, we need a GoT alternative
>chose goddamned WoT over pic related
It's like they hate making money or something.

Attached: the-first-law-trilogy-joe-abercrombie-slice.jpg (600x200, 27K)

looks boring

I fucking love her after seeing gone girl

They just needed to change one letter with WoT though

I can't remember desu, I know Mat blows the horn and boots the Seanchan off Toman Head but I don't know if there's a battle before that.

>literally judging a book by its cover
Confess all your sins! Not that it will stop the pain...

Attached: Inquisitor Glokta.jpg (741x1024, 190K)

Trakand fucking shits.
>Caemlyn gets razed to the ground during the Last Battle anyway
Great work, Elayne!

HAPA Lan with piercing blue eyes would be fine, Viggo Mortensen would be perfect.

Did you give the cuendillar and locked chest you got from Bayle Domon to Suroth like I told you?

No, because I don't want Turak to execute my dumb ass.

Although I did get into a fun pissing match with Suroth's so'jhin, who was essentially to her what I am to Turak. Suroth wanted him to take on the role of strategist during the invasion so I had to embarrass him hard to shut that idea down.

It's a good cast regardless of height. Still gonna be shit though.

Attached: wheel_of_time.jpg (1000x562, 78K)

King killer is the most Mary Sue self insert trash ever made. If you like isekai anime, or any other super masturbatory fantasy then it is for you. Chathrand voyage, or prince or thorns is pretty good. Any standalone Sanderson. But honestly Wheel of time comes into its own in book 3. Also remember this is old a lot of tropey things in the series were fresh and new when it released.

I read the first 3 WoT books and thought they all felt tropey as fuck as well. I wonder how people who read them on release felt considering in regards to that.

Finding it refreshing to see all the hate Kingkiller is getting here. Can't ever talk shit about that book to anyone, IRL or forums.

which line... the wheel weaves as the wheel wills?

Kingkiller is well regarded as /trash/ here and in the /sffg/ on Yea Forums.

They aren't, but the first 6 are good enough that you might power through.
Sanderson does the last three books and whilst they aren't perfect they certainly fix alot of Jordan's issues.

It's funny, in the case that the adaptation actually goes anywhere, they're going to power the fuck through the last third of the story and not even the most loyal fans are going to complain about all the cut fluff.

So much can be condensed. Just put the bowl of winds in Rhuidean and we can cut hundreds of pages.

I don't get why people don't like the Bowl of Winds, Ebou Dar was great and I enjoyed the Seanchan misunderstanding Aviendha's fuck up as a saidar nuke.

Amazons LOTR will have more success than WOT. Hell as fucked up as Witcher looks, it might have a better shot of succeeding.

So much of the cool shit and moments in those books is bogged down by filler. I just want to see the Ashaman camp, White Tower politics and the Forsaken sling mad bantz at eachother, the Aiel and Seanchan get super old very fast.

Also I hate to be that guy but you could literally erase Perrin from the story and it would probably change nothing. I'm sorry but it's true.

Torturing that Aiel and caving in Rolan's head were both great. Then he stopped being interesting again.

The whole second tower plot went on too long imo

TTRPGfag here again,

I had a cool character concept of a stilled Ae Sidae who has gone off the deep end and will now do absolutely anything to get her power back.
What is one way of undoing a stilling that she could conceivably know about and aim for?

>What is one way of undoing a stilling that she could conceivably know about and aim for?
Suicide.

Nynaeve learns to heal it in men eventually, I can't remember if she can heal women too.
Basically it is possible but it's lost knowledge. Maybe the dark one would offer access to the True Power if she served well.

>but it's lost knowledge
It's not lost knowledge, it's completely new. Remember, the Forsaken are utterly astounded that a backwater hick could do something even their best channelers could never do during the AoL.

>I can't remember if she can heal women too.
she heals Siuan & Leane

True, but consider that the wheel of time turns, and ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the age that gave it birth comes again.

Gingers who live in the desert. Most unrealistic thing in the books. They would all be sunburned to death.

they had suntanned skin but still kept light eyes and hair.

May you always find water and shade user

I see you, user.

Heels are designed so women's lower bodys are contorted that makes them look hot

I think it fucks up your bones and shit if you wear them for long enough periods of time

Theres lots of sex, just most of it is off camera and not described. Fuck an Aes Sedai is orgasmed to death. Its actually extremely violent, possibly more so than game of thrones just hidden behind a more cartoony swords and sorcery veneer. Theres also more tax plan info than game of thrones which by GRRMs own statements makes WoT better than GoT