My girlfriend has been bugging to see an opera with her. What are some that isn't going to bore me to death?

My girlfriend has been bugging to see an opera with her. What are some that isn't going to bore me to death?

Attached: Opera-Philadelphia-Academy-of-Music-Interior-2200x1237.jpg (2200x1237, 1018K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/vgrB_tL-zrk
youtube.com/watch?v=YuBeBjqKSGQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Whichever had a version by the Looney Toons is a safe bet.

Anything Wagner is cool and less faggy than most opera

>german opera

Attached: 1492202280036.jpg (320x371, 62K)

Spanish Operas, because they have lots of dance stuff in them. They're called Zarzuelas.

Some good ones:
La Dolores
La Bruja
Luisa Fernanda

youtu.be/vgrB_tL-zrk

Choose something relevant to the history of your homeland and people, or to your interests, in your own language. Don't go to Italian ones, stick with historical pieces, stay away from goddamn awful modern shit that 'deconstructs' the genre.

Unfortunately I am of the opinion that everything worth listening to and reading was already sang and written.

Hamilton

>French opera

does Yea Forums even watch operas?

>does Yea Forums even watch operas?
I've been IN an opera dude.

Even if we recommend something, the chances of it being on in your area at the moment is pretty low. Just look at what's available and choose the one that interests you the most.

I've gone with a girlfriend several times. It really is going to be mostly boring OP. After the first time I entertained myself by dressing absurdly smart like with a tailcoat, etc. and using those little binocular glasses things on a stick and just generally acting very hoity toity.

I've been in a dude, dude.

Attached: 1560736602398.jpg (538x960, 42K)

Oh did I forget to mention that Spanish Zarzuelas are very SHORT? You will be in and out before you know it. Try that with a long boring droning German one that feels like you are traversing the pits of hell.

Screw that. Save your money by staying home and watching a camrip.

Where can I pirate operas?

My dad told me Carmen (great music) and La Boheme are good, and they're lively as far as operas go. He also says to stay away from Madame Butterfly cause it's a snoozefest.

Wagner's Ring Cycle
Really good and not that long.

Carmen is one of the greatest operas ever written.

The Marriage of Figaro is also good, as is Don Giovanni. Really, all of Mozart's operas are good. You ever seen Amadeus? Watch that movie, you get a lot of looks at Mozart's operas in it.

Le nozze di Figaro
Rigoletto

Operettas like the Merry Widow and Dreigroschenoper are very catchy. Anything by Sigmund Romberg is also good.

Make sure it has good subtext.

Attached: latest[4].png (1280x720, 1017K)

Most of the big name operas are good, user.

Attached: 44545BB0-CF3B-4430-86F8-9A1BC410D750.jpg (2064x2886, 439K)

Has she specified an opera or does she just want to dress up and go to a theater?

If specifically opera, then "The Magic Flute" is great, or like another user said, anything by Wagner.

If just the theater, don't discount traveling Broadway tours and even some ballet. Giselle surprised me with how good it actually is.

youtube.com/watch?v=YuBeBjqKSGQ

A Schoenberg opera is sure to not bore you to death