Is there ANY movie where the Director's cut improves on the theatrical edit...

Is there ANY movie where the Director's cut improves on the theatrical edit? Seems like they're always filled with terrible scenes that were left on the cutting room floor for good reason.

Pic related is one of the worst directors cuts I've ever seen, the subtle horror and dread of the original is ruined by crappy jump scares and CGI insert shots.

Attached: 41PZ805QP3L.jpg (322x475, 26K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/DZNb2pNtHcY
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Superman II

Attached: blade_runner_finalcut_keyart[1].jpg (1400x2100, 3.18M)

I hate them all.

>Superman II
His cut is great, but the ABC TV version is the real deal. Non scaring dogs, Ursa killing a young boy, and more.

Another garbage film that gets too much love. I herd the latest cut doesn't even make sense.

Oh man I forgot about that version. Has some pretty good stuff. It’s too bad Donner didn’t add it into his cut
youtu.be/DZNb2pNtHcY

I didn't see the small part where Zod shot the portrait of Richard Nixon, got a link for that? Also, download it all.

Some parts are good like killing the boy. Gives more gravity to the situation. Other parts kind of take away. I can see why some were removed while others should have been left in. Tricky business, editing a final film. You want to put as much as possible in but you have to keep a flow and feel and tone going throughout. There are certainly exceptions, but in most cases when you get extended scenes added back in the flow feels off. The inserted scenes feel a little jarring or off.

At least his cut is close to the ABC version. Still can't find the scene in the WH where Zod shoots the Richard Nixon portrait several times. Frustrating, also it'd be nice to have all that footage in better shape.

It seems that the footage may be in the Restored International Cut, but I haven't seen it to confirm.

>what is Jerusalem worth?
>nothing... everything

Attached: 1545360304682.jpg (518x600, 125K)

This. Also Watchmen and Lord of the Rings. Although with both of those, the experience of the extended editions is better if you're somewhat familiar with the source material or have seen the theatrical version already.

Kingdom of heaven

We need a true Alien 3

Never liked FotR extended. It breaks the stellar pacing the first movie has.

Attached: MV5BNWJlNzUzNGMtYTAwMS00ZjI2LWFmNWQtODcxNWUxODA5YmU1XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTIzOTk5ODM@._V1_.jpg (962x1500, 281K)

Once Upon A Time In America. The theatrical version is unwatchable after you see the full, 4 hour director's cut.

And, Brazil. Gilliam's intended dark ending is way better.

Apocalypse Now Redux

>tfw can't find the theatrical cut anywhere
Do studios just flood the market with their preferred version?

Some extended cuts clearly fix the film and give you the intended vision of the director. Others simply scrape together things that should have been left on the floor as a cash grab. Occasionally it's a director being self-indulgent, usually in the case of directors who need help being reigned in.

Sadly it's more often the later two.

Donnie Darko is literally meaningless without the director's cut.

Attached: 1244029796.jpg (600x792, 172K)

Eh. The new scenes don't really change the story, and just slow the pace of the movie down. Just the chopper scene might have been better, but I get why he chopped the plantation shit out - it doesn't really add to the story, and just plods on.

The New World 2bh

That is a kino poster.

Attached: 1497133682425.jpg (780x1150, 216K)

You could not be more wrong. Extended version is worthless, just adds a bunch of pointless crap that leads nowhere, theatrical is a near perfect movie.

>And, Brazil. Gilliam's intended dark ending is way better.
Wait what? There's a version with a happy ending? How does it end?

The studio version cuts from Sam in the chair to him escaping with Kim, like it actually happened. The end credits is the truck driving off. The real version is him humming Brazil in the chair after being tortured.

That's so dumb. God I hate people. I'm so lonely. When will death release me from my suffering?

Watchmen
Kingdom of Heaven
Alexander

It is one of the bleakest films I have seen. I can see why the cowards did it.

Kingdom of Heaven

we hate you too
just jump off a building

This. Theatrical isn't worth watching.

Heaven's Gate
Superman II
Daredevil
Kingdom Of Heaven
Apocalypse Now
Payback

Those added scenes are such shit quality that it ruins the experience and is more like watching a documentary about the film rather than the film

I personally dislike the LOTR extended editions.

The song change was unnecessary

>Apocalypse Now

There is another version that is not Redux

Several I agree with here, also BvS.