Yea Forums has already forgotten the best television show ever made

Yea Forums has already forgotten the best television show ever made

Attached: twinpeaks.jpg (364x274, 20K)

FWWM > The Return > Season 1 > Season 2

Can someone tell me what's good about this show other than "muh comfy atmosphere!"

anime tier. Is this what the greatest tv shows are?

The cast.

Perfectly executed magical realism. Hilarious yet relatable characters. Laura is an interesting character.

brooding tone, complex themes, incredible performance (in FWWM and the Return, where they drop a lot of the campy stuff), sound mixing and a revolutionary, unmatched discomfort throughout

‘Twin Peaks: The Return’ Is ‘the Best of American Cinema of the Last Decade’

David Lynch is the directorial equivalent of a surrealist painter.
Themes and imagery are rarely explicit and instead correlate across a number of narrative, visual, and audio dimensions.

This means, every viewing and reviewing is interpretively unique.
You are always picking up on new or different motifs and themes and notes.

He's really a master of his craft.

It's not just "comfy" it's heart warming and deeply unsettling at the same time.

I'm a homosexual btw, if it matters :3

Attached: what secrets lie beneath kyle's beanie.jpg (427x594, 45K)

Does anybody actually understand what's going on?

david lynch is a fucking retard and if i see him outside ever oh man he better hope im not driving a vehicle because

i havent watched past season 1 because i love the show too much and dont want to ruin it. I just rewatch season 1
rate

I think by the end, Cooper, David Lynch, and the TV audience slowly come to the realization that there is no joy in nostalgia. If you relive your past mistakes, traumas, and failures forever ("the past dictates the future"), you are doomed to become lost in your own mind ("like a dreamer who dreams and lives inside the dream", maybe a collective dream of the American public). Only in learning from them and actively working to improve yourself and the world around you to ensure that they can and will not be repeated. The past does not dictate the future, only the present can.

At least watch up until episode 16. After that skip anything that feels out of place and pointless until the last 4 episodes or so.

Also watch season 3 you fuck

Season 3 is the best TV show of all time

Just endure season 2.everything will be worth it when you watch season 3.

Judy is a primordial creation mother goddess.

She is perpetually grieving over her child "reality", the death/decay of its creative potential as it matures and self-actualizes into an independent form and leaves her domain of control, symbolized through the mastery of atomic weaponry.

She assumes the role of a human form, Sarah Palmer, in order to ritualistically give birth to a child Laura to ritualistically punish/kill/put it in perpetual timeout/prevent it from achieving its dreams in order to halt the actualization of humanity, and creates Bob as a masculine physical actor in order to perpetrate this (Judy's feminine power is passive in nature) Bob feeds off the misery of the world.

The Fireman instead forms a plan to use Laura to thwart this, and hides in her a bomb of dreams and hopes.

Laura's death does spiritually kill civilization, and begin its decay as it no longer can mature.
Through time travel, Cooper manages to rescue her from death however she is still vulnerable in the new reality to the stifling of her dreams and is abducted into a dream.
To awaken her true purpose, the dream bomb she must ritualistically be woken up from her dream and return to Judy.
Cooper brings her to the old house where the pain of her old life and calls of her mother (in ambiguous grief of the death of her child or having lost it to adulthood) awaken her from the sleep just as she would have woken up on the morning after he murder.

I agree. This was the whole point of the Dougie character, he lives in the moment and is peacefully adaptive to any situation, and everything he touches turns to gold. He's like the manifestation of Lynch's meditation philosophy. When Cooper woke up he ignored the great life he had in front of him and went back to the past, this time getting lost there potentially forever.

>When Cooper woke up he ignored the great life he had in front of him and went back to the past
This is where I disagree, Dougie was the embodiment of a person stuck in the past. Hence, the lack of development until he was shocked into confronting it thus ending the series. Also Old Cooper was nastolgia bait. hehe duality

Yikes

Pete Martell

Woops! I meant shadow cooper not old cooper. will thou rescind that yikes, m'lady?

season 3 is so fucking gay and stupid lmao

bump of cocaine

Attached: 1543309987303.png (1520x1138, 2.11M)

Based

season 3 is plebfilter

pleb

Attached: 1560918729268.gif (290x221, 1.42M)