Past a certain age, a man with no $75K+ a year career, a wife and kids...

>Past a certain age, a man with no $75K+ a year career, a wife and kids, and a McMansion in the suburbs can be a bad thing

Attached: 1525304270398.jpg (250x280, 8K)

Past a certain age you need at least one of those things. I cannot even imagine being my age (32) and not making over $75k or having a nice house. I have a wife but I think I could make it without her. But if I didn't have the six figure job or the house I would definitely want a family by now at least.

w-what age would that be?

Attached: 1554652776406.jpg (768x768, 93K)

I'm majoring in finance. Will I make at least $50k?

If you are majoring in finance and you cannot pin down an $80,000/y job or even greater, you are fucking retarded. I am not exaggerating when I say that. If you deliberately settle for less because you are afraid, you have hamstrung yourself.

Majoring in STEM, am I doomed bros?

I was given the impression all college degrees are worth fuck all in the name of our lord's year. That's good to know. My other option was a 2 year in cybersecurity

First couple years probably not unless you go into investment banking, in which case you're trading your life away for money BUT the comraderie you get with other 1st and 2nd year analysts is pretty nice. You will easily make $80k/yr within 5 years after graduation, but at some point you will hit a ceiling unless you do your CFA. If you get the CFA the sky is the absolute limit for salary.

Or you could break the ceiling working a commission type job without doing the CFA but you'd need to be a sales hound and that's not really putting your finance knowledge to good use.

>t. Former investment banking analyst and CFA Charterholder

Enjoy
>no gf
>competing with pajeets
>working with pajeets
>Half your salary going to rent

Lmao that's terrible I made 6 figs outta college

What jobs are left that arent being outsourced or pay like trash? The only thing i can think of is accounting.

Be patient. Be ambitious. Most importantly, get out there and TRY to get a god damn job and build connections. Just because you have a gilded piece of paper and four years of experience in reading books and taking notes, does not mean jobs fall into your fucking lap. Don't fall for that shit, user. If you decided to major in finance you already had to have some idea that you can make more, do more with your life. Don't let go of that. Don't squander it. Don't be discouraged by failure either. Keep pushing. Keep looking. Don't fall for the millennial-tier mentality that this $22/h job as an purchasing agent is the best you will ever do. Don't fall for that shit.

>$75K
flyover highschool kids thinking this is rich

Attached: 1556906374911.jpg (563x517, 20K)

It is if you don't live in an expensive fucking city.

>$75K+ a year
>McMansion
fucking flyovers lmao

I majored in electrical engineer and
>no gf
have one

>competing with pajeets
small company has not a single indian

>working with pajeets
nope

>Half your salary going to rent
i travel 60% of the year, and company pays every expense except for entertainment while we're away, so my entire paycheck goes straight to savings most months

Based boomer

Attached: 1544568500429.jpg (1024x768, 153K)

what do I need to major in electrical engineering, is it difficult?

If you can’t find happiness and fulfillment on $75k a year then no sum of money can make you rich.

>2019
>living in some overpriced urban shithole filled with degenerates

>2019
>living in rural fuck nowhere with absolutely nothing

Sounds real good m8. I'm only 2.5 years into it and finished my first major finance course and really enjoyed it. This gave me some idea to stick with it instead of leaning towards something more practical like cybersecurity

If you go to a good school, you actually have to be smart

If you go to a state school or shittier, you just have to not be a brainlet

It's easy, just LARP like I do

>2019
>living

Attached: spooky.jpg (2481x3289, 2.7M)

You think im LARPing? About what exactly lol

kek

about not sucking nigger dicks you fucking faggot lmao

yikes xd

>studying some bullshit business degree
>2 years in
>no connections or anything but decent grades

is it over lads?

Attached: 1560819490092.png (420x315, 191K)

about having a gf when you travel 60% of the time (unless she's cucking you). Also your salary is shit

>this is what Boomers actually think
Imagine being THIS delusional.

Attached: 1560993895267.jpg (525x563, 67K)

Just so you know, absolutely do NOT fall for the “Cs get degrees” meme.
Absolutely get the best grades you can and achieve a good work ethic. I fucking wasted 3 years slacking off and getting terrible grades, which I did over because my GPA was so shit

Is chemical engineering a good career choice or am I just going to die from a chemical leak at a plant in the middle of nowhere?

No. You still have time. The window is shrinking by the minute, so take advantage of that.

Do some internships

My gf is not a white roastie, so im not worried about her cheating

My salary is above average for fresh out of college, not 6 figures but I'm certainly not complaining

i was unemployed for years and somehow i landed a job making twice what i made at my last job at just under 6 figures. be confident and competent and know how to talk up your accomplishments and educational background and you'll be fine as long as you don't get some bullshit liberal arts degree.

Once you reach the necessary amount of money to not worry about your bills, unless you spend like a fucking retard, any extra money doesn't really increase the quality of your life. For most families this is around 65k a year.

As an individual I make 117k per year not including my bonuses. The extra cash really doesn't do anything except pad my retirement fund more. Right now taking even a 50% paycut wouldn't change my lifestyle.

The only people who think making more means anything are poor people like yourself.

>my gf is not a roastie
Oh no no no no no... Big yikes chief

>My gf is not a white
Yikes, how ugly are you?

its hard to come by a gf (male) these days, you gotta do what you gotta do

I'm glad you did. I did too. I went into Investment Banking right out of uni. I was just explaining to him the average trajectory of a finance career.

Finance is very cool and the most technical and mathematic business major you can do (except for actuarial science but that's not even completely commerce related). It's much more reputable than any other business major other than accounting (marketing, international business, entrepreneurship, general, analytics, supplychain/operations, human resources, etc).

Accounting is very reputable but it is fucking BORING as shit. The only interesting accounting roles are the ones where you are managing assets and people and you get to make decisions. It takes years to get there and during that time your work is almost just data entry. If Finance is the study of forward looking financial analysis, Accounting is the study of backwards looking financial analysis. Imagine living your life looking at numbers that were already created and booked instead of being the one who can influence those numbers.

And that age is 25

>do an unpaid internship goyim!
Yea, eat shit and fuck off Boomer scum. How about you and your generation actually fucking retire or die when you should. That would help open some jobs and stimulate the economy.

Attached: 1560702234883.jpg (960x886, 56K)

18. 20 at the absolute latest.

Whats the difference in living in an urban or rural environment if you never go outside?

nice but I didn't "trade my life away for money", I barely work. What did you mean by that anyway? I'm glad I didn't go into finance

>he didn't pick a field in which internships are all paid

Attached: Newfag+_63c0a6ca11419ab19ae2d3ec9db7ff10.jpg (2500x2500, 565K)

This 100%

Attached: 1546561746731.jpg (720x600, 43K)

No one said that til you did, idiot.

The difference is how many niggers are around your home trying to break inside.

Attached: 1558373484526.jpg (513x463, 38K)

anyone in supply chain/operations? if so, how is that going?

That field literally doesn't exist so...

>tfw 100k salary but 1.9k rent
Fuck California

Attached: 1525300994611.jpg (1135x986, 189K)

Service jobs.

>it's hard
I'm sure it is buddyboy

Literally any respectable STEM field has companies which are more than glad to pay interns

>service
>not paying like trash

Engineering fields nearly all have paid internships brainlet. It's harder to find one that doesn't pay.

only foreign chink instructors cover those topics at my university so that would be a good idea of what is to come

If they're making that much money they should skip the McMansion, buy a double wide and do fun shit with the leftover cash instead. My dad made even more money than that and what I just said is sort of what he wanted to do, but my fucking egotistical mother just HAD to have us live in a "nice" neighborhood and we lived like The Poor apart from having a nice house in a nice neighborhood. Fuck!

iktfb
How the fuck is someone supposed to save $100k just for a down payment?

>he works STEM
lol

75k is comfortable, that was the point of OP's post. It's not rich.

Unironically

Investment bankers, especially 1st/2nd year analysts, work 70+ hours a week and are expected to produce analysis on deadlines even if it means staying at work for 48 hours straight.

I did that shit for 3 years, made associate (which means you get to live a normal life again), and then dipped out into a medium resource firm. I was paid base $110k out of college and 40% bonus in my first year. Not only was I making bank, other non-financial companies see Investment Bankers as a highly sought after employee. Most of them leave after 2-4 years. I didn't even have time to spend that money so I racked up the cash QUICKLY.

One of our clients basically offered me a $160k base salary manager job with normal work hours just because I did good work for them. At age 28. Those 3 years of working all the time have allowed me to live the remaining years of my life making around $200k for the rest of my life. Worth it.

Really the only downside to my career path is that there seems to be a higher % of total douchebags in my field than most. Tons of former football/hockey jocks who's daddy hooked them up with the 'cool high paying job'. Flipside to that, by far the most sexist professional field I've ever witnessed. It's very fun.

>want to make money
>suck at math
am I doomed?

Attached: 1453427889229.jpg (1280x720, 84K)

lol, not at all

how

You've got a mouth and an asshole, don't you? That's the normal path for "people" who suck at math (i.e. women)

Attached: 1541223005912.jpg (249x249, 41K)

How good are you at sucking dick?

This graph is telling me that blacks should not be allowed to own guns.

Fucking ba-based.
Yes. You’re doomed

13 = 50

>have an interview in Long Beach tomorrow
>checking out possible apartments to rent
>average rent is 2k a month for a 1 bed

Attached: 1445368529838.gif (300x225, 2.76M)

Price of freedom, bud. Fucking niggers.

how did you get a 110k job out of school

You don’t, he’s Larping.

>tfw making 100k+/yr as an NP working 3 nights a week.
>29 yrs old
>single
>fit
it's over for me isn't it

based

Stay of the fuck out of Arizona. Too many commiefornians here.

Followed through with an internship I took in 3rd year at a bank and landed a job in their IB division. I was also pre-required to enroll in the CFA program and my tenure at the company would be dictated by whether or not I passed level 1 or not.

Not him but I got one in a different field. The downside is the rent in the area was high (also getting it was hard. Top University, top grades, 4 internships, 3 round interview)

>live in country
>140k house
>4 bed 2 bath
>bought a house at 25
>so much land I don't know what to do with it, already built a garage and greenhouse
>bought a gay electricvehicle to save on gas for living pretty far out
>go to work stupid early but anxiety prevents me from sleeping anyway
get the fuck out of the city

i wish i was a girl bros. legit 1k a day just sucking cock. in a week that’s more than minimum wage for a month

life is not fair

Attached: 0A5F06A2-8F3D-4CC5-82E9-ED82B9024657.jpg (640x1136, 140K)

Want to get gay married, but without the homo stuff, and just hangout and play video games/lift/watch films together in a nice home my fellow 6 figure boomer?

Haha, might as well kill myself then.

>fucked up college
>Greatest claim to fame is managing a Taco Bell, and then a small brewing supply
>at 25

The most I have as an asset is good interpersonal skills from those years wrangling tards and a baritone pitch. Still have the dream of making it though, is a major in sales/marketing a viable path in business? Of all the 'I'm not pursuing passion, I just don't want to die alone in a cuckshed when society collapses' majors, I've found this area the most pleasing to learn about.

yeah that's nice but what the fuck do you?

Is the hard work worth it? I'm a pizza delivery guy and I feel like I live comfortably enough.

Why does everyone on here claim to be like top 5% of earners after only a weeks working.

Is USA different to UK here 50k is a good wage and probably most people won't ever even earn that.

Somebody already had him in mind. You don't randomly walk into those kinds of positions. Daddy hooked him up.

>most sexist professional field I've ever witnessed
Field mechanics in the heavy equipment industry.
You will never, ever see a woman field mechanic in the heavy equipment industry. I don't think they even have the knowledge or the desire to get into it.

norf?

>Is USA different to UK here 50k is a good wage and probably most people won't ever even earn that.
Depends on the state, rural NM/AZ is so fucking cheap that I can live off a 3 day part time job.

Better hope you hit 6 figures for the salary. I pay around the same to live in San Diego.

hahaha yellow fever beta male detected, lots of people like you in STEM so not surprised

write a romance novel user. throw some fantasy in an urban environment, and you got it
>t. manuscript editor

>Wanting any of those things, when your government is actively flooding the country with savages to replace your descendants

Attached: 1555407143927.png (1366x768, 960K)

reminder no one in this thread actually makes over 40K

I'm a competitive jerk so my nature prevents me from taking the easy path anyway

I wish. It's an entry level job in bank loan auditing so I'd be only making half that.

>Pretending to be red pilled in the country, and driving around in a Prius

What a normie.

sell your soul and go to law school

Good thing I have plenty of firearms

Midlands, engineers get paid like 25-40k so don't know where people are getting 100k plus jobs like it's a job at dominoes.

Go work in the outback in Australia. My cousin is a high school drop out and he earns over 100,000$ working on power lines.

Yes but it's pretty demoralizing at the time.

I said professional, you dirty pig

But he has to be in the outback. The outback is fucking awful.

>past a certain age, a man can be a bad thing

Attached: 1495589774848.jpg (403x274, 28K)

Attached: Screenshot_20190619-202928.png (1080x1920, 136K)

>75k
>six-figure
?

Attached: 1557187569828.jpg (488x332, 18K)

What do you do.

Work from home automating private cloud deployments

Its not a job he is going to work forever. In the past year he has brought an investment property and a 50k car. He's making 1000$ every 2 days.

Funny you say that tho. Most of his crew are Kiwis and Irish guys. Aussies don't want to do this kind of work.

Self employed?

Nah, I graduated 3 years ago

Pathetic. I majored in math and made 500k out of college

Have you converted pound figures to USD?

>tfw 135 salary and 900$ mortgage

Midwest is still garbage. My gf is dragging me to Georgia next year (for her job) and then probably to California.

I can't go from living like a fat fucking king on my salary to living in squalor just because the sun always shines and liberals need to support vagrants heroin habits.

My house payment is 900 in the mid west to

Ive lived in California my entire life in an area that requires 80k minimum just to be able to rent a shitty apartment and be able to live.

I visited a buddy who lives in Boise and he bought a 3 bedroom house with a bigass backyard for 250k. You cant get a decent cardboard box in California for 250k

>My gf is dragging me to Georgia next year (for her job) and then probably to California.
Cuck. Be a man

Flyover states are fucking awesome, make a decent salary and you’ll live like a king.

That's crazy money, get paid more than a doctor with only three years experience.

what'd you study?

Off topic, but how exactly does the cloud work from your side?

Guess
Lots of networking, ipxe provisioning, HV management

>Talk to a random dude at CostCo
>Turns out to be firefighter captain for a notable department and gives me his card
>Talk to a guy I meet at my hobby
>Gives me information for an apprenticeship starting at $25 and once I graduate I start at $35~
>Talk to random people I come across in my life
>Get told I should work in radio

I love all the opportunities this country offers me but I think the biggest issue I'm facing is where I want to go. It's like I'm at an intersection and my life has yet to even begin.

>i am here to learn

Attached: 1528471168464.jpg (1592x1445, 720K)

Computer science?

>not retiring at 40

Fags

Attached: 1544486163468.jpg (307x356, 33K)

And do what?

You don’t, you get $40-50k in flyover land or $60-80k in a major city

Be a hermit and wait for death

LIFE'S NOT FUCKING FAIR BROS

Attached: 1550073118373.png (437x431, 209K)

Damn bro. I've given up in life. Majored in mathematics and clean pools for $20/hr for a living. Even had coop experience, but no one calls me back. No idea how I'll pay back my student loans. I'll be like Rust soon, "Just go to work, go home" soon.

im an english major

Attached: 1558980410109.webm (720x1308, 1.79M)

someone give me tips on how to move to a flyover. i don't want to be trapped in urban hell.

we're all gonna make it bro

Attached: 9a6.png (447x447, 315K)

What city are you in? We can trade spots.

So am I and my salary has increased 30k in the last 1.5 years.
My advice is to get into tech support -- your writing ability is values there

move to a mid sized midwestern city like Omaha, Wichita or maybe somewhere in Illinois.. fantastic cost of living and your surrounded by mainly conservatives with a few just left of center people.

I got a job in my 2nd year of college, dropped out and made 750k/year right away. Can't imagine being low-IQ enough to have to finish a degree and only make 500k lol.

Attached: 1559705913312.jpg (859x960, 224K)

what’s your hobby?

The context isn't saying it's rich, it's saying that's the bare minimum.

Copywriting

Just ignore working and school and live with your parents. And if your parents or anyone else gives you shit about it just kill yourself. Death is better than being a wagie.

I tried to get into airshit about a year or so ago to try and meet people. I hate people.
I just volunteer for one organization and for the church to try and meet people, it is what it is.

>tfw there's probably people actually like that in this thread
After what I've seen today

Obvious Photoshop is obvious

Not Illinois, taxes here are terrible and Chicago is sinking the whole state

that's all? I dropped out of 10th grade because I got a job making 1mil/year. cant even do algebra

This but unironically.

I did that for awhile but they're going to die or at least eventually get tired of your shit. If you can find a NEET solution to this problem, more power to you and please let me know about it.

>Everybody is able to make $500k a year starting out
>$500k now worthless due to extreme hyperinflation
Really putting that math degree to work, huh user

I'm 31, i live in my parents basement and ONLY go out to buy alcohol
Beat this

>thread is full of mindless 6 figure proles

Attached: 1559713481522.png (480x565, 480K)

>Past a certain age, a man without a qt tomboy gf can be a bad thing

Attached: qPedWSM.jpg (1936x2592, 693K)

Top 3 no white
Are the Fingolian numbers due to suicide ?

LMAOing @ all these low IQ wagecels who don't own any LINK

Attached: Link meme.jpg (589x2244, 493K)

Normie

I majored in biochemistry with a minor in biology and chemistry

>tfw 30 and just got signed up for community college in the fall

Attached: 1446136538389.jpg (680x765, 44K)