Why does the first one have soul and the sequels don't??

Why does the first one have soul and the sequels don't??

Attached: 268x0w.jpg (268x402, 38K)

You just answered your own question.

fuck off roastie

>The boogeyman song was cringe as fuck
>The sequel had some mute boy/girl who popped in and out for random reasons and did fuck all
Why should I watch the new sequel lads? give me one reason.

user, people understand the style and pattern after the first one. That turns their brain parts off.

The 2nd does. The 3rd is pure shit chinese knock off

i don't feel the same way. i think they're all based desu. that being said, the first one is my favorite.
the first one is based for obvious reasons
the second one is based for the world building
the third one is based for the animal work

mad dog from the raid is in it

Attached: E25013B1-6121-40E7-8E29-AC578517EC70.jpg (1433x2048, 697K)

all of them are b-movies for manchilds

watch kino, not this

The first one has soul because its more of a thriller with action sequences. The sequels are just action movies with 90% of the scenes being 'gun fu'.

Probably because sequels almost always suck

Is Terminator 2 any good? I watched the first one a while back and came to the conclusion that it pretty much finished up the story. I know that the series progressively got worse but I hear that 2 is generally the falling point.

Also John Wick is cool but how much bigger are the stakes going to get? If they don't kill Keanu in the next movie it's going to become the next Fast and Furious.

>implying souls exist
Jay Bauman Smoking Cigarette.jpg

Terminator 2 is one of the greatest action films of all time. I love both equally.

The first is the better because it's the simpler, and that's the beauty of it. Although I like the sequels, I feel that the 2nd, with it's worldbuilding, takes away a little of the charm that made it the first one so good.

Thr first is lame, you don't care about any character and the stop motion is bad. 2 is better because you're more into Sarah now, she's interesting.

3 > 2 > 1

4 hype

3 > 1 > 2

This is the right one

>t.woman

Nope, even saw them both for the first time on the same day in my 20s.

>watched John Wick 1
>in his 20s

Jesus Christ how old are you, grandpa?

it didn't go up its own ass with the worldbuilding like the sequels did

>dude, what if the head of the high table lived in a tent in the desert 20 miles away from the hotel they make their stupid fucking currency at

>Bro it's not a currency it's more like a business card
I like the movies but the asspulls need to stop. Just end the series bro it's been a good and fun run.

T2 is considered the best action movie ever created, it isn't like op's argument because T2's action scenes aren't mindless or emulating the film's before it, they are works of art and beauty that still stand nearly 30 years later

The first one had soul because it wasnt made with the intent to create and milk a franchise.

The first one showed enough about how the assassin underworld worked without explaining too much and letting out minds fill in some blanks. First one was awesome. It had a story that started, finished, and was concluded. Sequel was terrible and unnecessary. Im waiting to redbox 3.

´coz the sequels are cashgrabs.

The last 25 min of the movie is fuckin top tier action. Story is meh though
Also this

He was a man on a mission to avenge two lost loves. Action was semi believable and his ass was saved by a friend that got killed for it... which showed he wasn't superhuman. The sequels are similar to the movies that followed the matrix. Cash grabs that didn't have heart.

1st one is good but still has cringy parts

> bad marilyn manson song played
> weak climax
> perkins subplot stretched out
> bad dafoe ally/adversary teasing

2 is better than 1 easily

2 and 3 are horrible
I almost fell asleep in the theater in 3
only good thing is the fight agains the fully armored men

1 was good because we simply didn't know what was going to happen to Wick. Now we know he's never gonna die because there are 30 more movies in the making

I haven't seen 3 but I feel like 2 is the Road Warrior to the original's Mad Max. You had a gritty original story with a focused plot and at least some attempt at preserving "realism", then you've got the sequel that goes full-blown ridiculous and defines the whole series. Bullet-proof suits, literally silent silencers used as a gag, the hobo king of New York and his homeless assassin's guild, etc.

Did 3 crank the batshit crazy up too far, ala Thunderdome, or did it do it right?

3 is basically 2, they added some more depth into the assassin guild like the master creator of the assassins in the desert, but overall it's a bad movie and it feels even more boring than 2

1 is a self-contained story, 2 is the one that introduced us to the John Wick Cinematic Universe™.

it's the same with every franchise: batman, bourne, terinator, deep throat, etc

the first one was an low-key absurd take on the action genre while the second turned into some weird R-rated harry potter fantasy movie. i didn't see the third one