Did Treadwell deserve being Eaten?

For real he may have been a dipshit and this film kind of highlights this, but was he really so bad he deserved a terrible death?

Attached: afternoon_snack.jpg (315x445, 29K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=z7_pVrIshxA
youtube.com/watch?v=B3qhEIZBlX8
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pedals_(bear)
youtube.com/watch?v=ncPvX4PFaU4
rt.com/russia/461505-man-survives-bear-attack/
youtube.com/watch?v=6RVL-zD_sIo
m.ranker.com/list/pet-chimpanzee-attacks/lee-emjay
vocaroo.com/i/s0q7axkz40kD
youtu.be/YipewEkakzA?t=43
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_fatal_bear_attacks_in_North_America#2010s
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Yes, because he dragged his girlfriend around with him to get eaten by bears too

yeah but she got into a relationship with a tard that hung around with bears.

if you fail to prepare you've got to be prepared to fail

His middle name was Didn't.

well it was really up to the hungry bears and they're not really known for judging the morality of their food.

true, he never carried around any protective measures tho, and he said he would prefer to be eaten by bears when he died

The guy just went around fucking with grizzly bears. It was so strange to watch. The after he got eaten the killed the bear, sifted through the bear's shit and found his watch. The scene where they gave the watch to his girlfriend was one of the saddest and hilarious moments ever put on film.

Yes. He was a home-invader.

No, one deserves to be eaten by bears.
Except for jannies.

Attached: 4d.png (427x576, 310K)

anyone have the legit recording of him being eaten alive?

If he just accepted his homosexuality he wouldn't have been running around chasing grizzly bears.

yep I do, but when Herzog said to destroy it... damn he made a point I couldn't argue with

animals don't have homes, they're constantly on the move

i wouldn't say he deserved it, he loved those animals. but he was a retard that nobody should feel pity for

>The scene where they gave the watch to his girlfriend
That wasn't his girlfriend; his girlfriend got eaten along with him. The recording is on Youtube, but the kike squad gets angry when you point that out.

uhhh... ever heard of an ant hill?

this
retard couldn't even get bears to understand single cylinder words

Nice autism, also:
Birds have nests and return to them all the time. Next.

thats not an animal thats a bug retard

does a bear shit in the woods?

>he dragged his girlfriend around with him to get eaten by bears too
Based! roastoid detected.

a bear shit out some of treadwell

it's a bug's home my simple dude

not when they're done with them

Bears are too good to eat j*nnies.

i though the tape on yt was proven fake, and the watch was given to his ex girlfriend I believe

Why didn't they just give the watch to a bear?

Attached: Bear climb.webm (272x480, 2.64M)

The tape isn't released and will never be released

thats a black bear tho
treadwell was killed by a grizzly, I dont think they climb as good

Kek

I wanna hear it tho

I actually have primal nightmarish fears of bears in the dark

Ex gf, right?

So do I, the description I've heard of what his girlfriends screams are like is horrific.

>i though the tape on yt was proven fake
That's highly debatable, especially since the male screams are surely him. One would have to believe that someone found a sound-alike, and also they had to somehow know that Treadwell's beard used a frying pan on the bear, especially considering how quickly the recording was leaked.

lol Excreted girlfriend.

yeah but wasnt the actual recording six minutes while the version on youtube is half that?

how the fuck do you know what he sounds like screaming?

He knew what he was doing and what was going to happen that extra week he decided to stay. He purposely put himself in the spot with the absolute highest possibility of being the site of a bear attack. He literally was filming the bear that killed him the days prior talking about how aggressive he was and asking if he would be eaten by him

Just listen to his voice during the documentary, he yells on occasion and it's not hard to figure out that those screams were his.
Prove it isn't real.

true, but he had plenty of experience, and he never bothered the bears much

I heard the 6 minute version too, it's boring. A lot of snacking and crunching sounds, though.

Nah, if we're thinking of the same one on youtube, there are a lot of inconsistencies. First off, the bear doesn't make a single sound in the real audio. All you hear is it walking and low breathing. Second, the weather effects in the youtube video are clearly faked, the real audio is much more muffled with the sound of the storm and the tent

>i heard the six minute version
proof

>prove it isn't real
why is the clip only two and a half minutes when the real thing is 6 minutes?

kek, ok brb kiddo

the hyping up of the tape in the movie is fucking cringe
You can literally look up people dying in a million different ways on the internet
Werner was just pretending it was that bad for dramatic effect

the original was very disturbing tho, as the documentary guy broke down while listening to it

>why is the clip only two and a half minutes when the real thing is 6 minutes?
Like I said, the entire recording is boring, and it might be easier to track down on YT on other sites. you're not missing much. Chomping sounds and bones breaking, but Treadwell and his girl are long dead at that point.

Maybe he didn't deserve to get eaten but his life wouldn't have been kino if he hadn't been eaten.

Curiosity killed the cat

You didn't see it. The bear drags Timmy off into the brush in the attack, he doesn't eat him by the camera. The audio ends with his girlfriend screaming in shock as she watches this

>As the tape comes to an end, the sounds of Amie’s high-pitched screams rise to a new level, much like what has been described as “the sound of a predator call used by hunters to produce the distress cries of a small wounded animal which often attracts bears”. Biologist Larry Van Daele, for the Alaska Department of Fish and Game theorizes that Amie’s screams “may have prompted the bear to return and kill her.” ( Van Daele 2004 )

Why the hell are you asking us like we're some Cabin in The Woods cabal that decided on his method of death?

He placed himself in a situation so dangerous and ill planned that even the other people stupid enough to do it would use methods that are meant to keep bears away from their camp. He didn't use those methods around bears he was not familiar with and he got eaten. He was punished for his bad choices, so by definition yes, he deserved what happened. But whether or not you agree with that, he earned it for sure. The lady he dragged along however did not deserve to die because of his bad choices.

You think Herzog has a copy?

You're a little cunt. There is literally no more poignant of an example of child like naivety being crushed by the harsh brutality of reality than Timothy Treadwell being eaten by a bear he was talking in a baby voice to.

Attached: DeiTkd3XkAA-aGy.jpg (525x563, 67K)

He didn't climb so good!

YES HE DESERVED BEING PAINFULLY EATEN ONE OF THE FOUNDING PRINCIPLES OF NATURE IS THAT YOU ARE MEANT TO AVOID GIANT FUCKING BEARS. WE DO A LOT OF DEGENERATE, EVOLUTIONARY DEAD END STUFF BUT FEEDING OURSELVES TO BEARS IS SOME NEXT LEVEL SHIT. THE NATURAL WORLD INCENTIVES US TO NOT FEED OURSELVES TO FUCKING BEARS BY MAKING IT TERRIBLY PAINFUL. WHAT KIND OF DEATH ARE YOUR MEANT TO HAVE IF YOU SPEND YOUR ADULT LIFE TRYING TO FEED YOURSELF TO A BEAR? A FUCKING TERRIBLE EATEN ALIVE DEATH, THAT'S WHAT. WHY DO YOU THINK WE DON'T LIVE IN THE FUCKING WOODS ANYMORE? WE INVENTED TOOLS AND FIRE TO AVOID THIS FUNDAMENTAL SHIT AND THEN THIS DIPSHIT SHITS IN THE FACE OF MILLIONS OF YEARS OF HUMAN DEVELOPMENT, MINCES OUT INTO THE WILDERNESS AND JUST FUCKING FEEDS HIMSELF TO A BEAR LIKE THAT SHIT'S COOL. IT'S NOT COOL. IT'S A FUCKING BEAR.

The first sounds from the tape are from Amie, “she sounds surprised and asks if it’s still out there”. Apparently either Tim had asked Amie to turn the camera on, or Amie just turned it on out of reflex. (I don’t believe this latter scenario took place for one minute which I will discuss in detail below). At any rate, the attack was in progress when the camera was turned on.

The next voice is from Timothy as he screams “Get out here! I’m getting killed out here!” (Tim was wearing a remote microphone on his coverall’s). The sound of a tent zipper is then heard and the tent flap opening. Amie is heard screaming over the background sounds of rain hitting the tent, the wind, and other storm sounds all mixed in with the bear and Tim fighting to “Play dead!” Seconds pass before Amie yells again to “Play dead!” (Van Daele 2004)

Not surprisingly, with Amie yelling and screaming nearby, this seems to work and the bear breaks off the attack. (more on this below) A short conversation ensues as Amie and Tim try and determine if the bear is really gone. Being trained as a physician’s assistant, it is believed that Amie made her way to Tim, and from the sounds caught on tape, the bear returns and Amie is forced to back off. Tim then is clearly heard screaming that playing dead isn’t working and begs her to “hit the bear!” ( Van Daele 2005, Fallico 2004)

The sound of rain hitting the tent, along with wind muffle the sounds at this point. However, Amie is clearly heard yelling to “Fight back!” She is then heard screaming “Stop! Go Away! or possibly Run Away!” as the sound of “a frying pan is used to beat the top of the bears head and the sound of Tim moaning. (Fallico 2004)

Attached: 1560130671087.jpg (1300x1300, 201K)

holy fucking based

fuck away off ya wee boy and get in a time machine and go back to 2006 when we were all looking at edgy shock sites of guys cutting their wangs off and people getting mauled by lions
Who gies a fuck

It is believed that at this point in the attack, the bear let go of Tim’s head which the bear had in it’s mouth, and grabbed him somewhere in the upper leg area. The sound of Amie screaming very loudly, as Tim is clearly heard over the sounds of the storm, saying “Amie get away, get away, go away”. Tim knew he was going to die at this point and wanted to save Amie from the same fate. (Herzog, Fallico 2004)

Amie did not go away.

Tim With The “Grinch” © Lion’s Gate Films 2004

The audio portion of this video tape lasts roughly 6 minutes. During this period, Tim’s cries and pleadings can be heard for two-thirds of that time. He did not die quickly, unlike some traumatic death victims who were lucky enough to drift off into a shock induced dream state. Tim was obviously very aware and struggling desperately to survive during the last moments of his life.

Unlike what is portrayed in the movies, the bear is nearly silent. Only low growls and periodic grunts are heard which only adds to the horror of the scene. Sounds of the bear dragging Tim off, and the fading sounds of his scream’s indicate that Tim is being pulled and dragged into the brush and away from camp.

As the tape comes to an end, the sounds of Amie’s high-pitched screams rise to a new level, much like what has been described as “the sound of a predator call used by hunters to produce the distress cries of a small wounded animal which often attracts bears”. Biologist Larry Van Daele, for the Alaska Department of Fish and Game theorizes that Amie’s screams “may have prompted the bear to return and kill her.” ( Van Daele 2004 )

We can only envision the horror of what Amie had witnessed and heard. Hysterical and “paralyzed with fear, standing just outside of the tent until the bear returned and attacked her”. (Readers Digest 2005)

Attached: BBO_MC_1.jpg (800x647, 46K)

the woman he was with actually performed a bad choice by following this closet fag around. He didnt force her to come with him, she was infactuated with him.

Did he deserve it? No, but play stupid games win stupid prizes.

underrated post

mmm treadwell curry with a side of wild rice

you make a good point

Based! Fuck Jannies!

it is fake, that "recording" has been on the internet since the early 2000s. its fake, only someone with a small penis would think its real

You're not that edgy bud. You don't have taste in these things like I do, you don't understand the psychoanalytical sense of it all. Timmy embodies a child like naivety and willful ignorant innocence of the underlining brutality of the human condition that we purposely foster in our society. Hearing it get torn away in agony is terrifying on a primal level, our collective memory of the fear we felt going inti every cave thinking the bear was in there waiting for us

Attached: mains-coupées.jpg (960x720, 75K)

That's some fine reading comprehension.

>it's fake
>sexuality out of nowhere!

kys kike

The end is her screaming in shock, it doesn't end with any sounds of eating

t. guy who hasn't heard the entire recording

No, he didn't deserve it but he was an overconfident that got killed. He stayed in the grizzly area long after he normally left and starving bears were starting to come out of hibernation and there was another older male bear he didn't recognize who was in the area. Dumb move and he endangered his girlfriend.

Nah mate it's just some absolute bam who was enough of a retard to hang around fucking BEARS.
The only tragedy here is that they ended up murdering the bear even though he's only being his natural bear self and eating stupid cunts who present themselves for him to eat
guy should've just shot himself, it's the same outcome except you don't get your bear mate killed and you don't get werner herzog having a big juicy wank all over your suicide tape

he was an ex(supposedly) cocaine/heroin addict
so yes

The recordings are fake you dipshits there's not a single source beyond "well, it sounds kinda real" for its authenticity

>upper leg area

it bit into his crotch i bet

i hate kikes too but unwarranted sexual insults is most definitely evidence of a woman

HI I'M TIMMY TREADWELL AND WELCOME TO JACKASS

Attached: IMG_5844.jpg (750x500, 56K)

>documentary guy
Are you serious?

>implying kikes aren't all feminine

Will we ever hear the audio?

thats true psychologically speaking but at least they are more creative at banter

No. One person has it and they'll never release it because they have a personal connection to Tim Treadwell.

Doubt it, but there are audios of other people getting mauled and eaten alive, so check those out.

Outstanding

Attached: 1549940645690.jpg (355x213, 5K)

>hear noise outside
>open curtains
>see this outside

What do?

Attached: IMG_20190529_203611.jpg (640x693, 52K)

Start the camera, it's time for Herzog kino

>but at least they are more creative at banter
Negative 6 million.

>huurrr he didn't know nuffin
it's pretty apparent he purposely died in the woods, the nigger did study bears as a living

befriend it, strip down and paint myself then ride on it through the wilderness as the bear king.

I want to hug it and ride it so fucking bad

start singing bear necessities song from jungle book and when he chims in to sing his part i run away then he looks for me to sing but im already gone then he makes a jim halpert face at the camera

you wouldn't ride it out until he put on coconuts and a frond skirt?
hmm...

hit it with a broom

Attached: c8a86841035b03544f6314a0a93256e9fa89fc8df25b6da31e92952a8f2e95f4.png (344x409, 262K)

That's what I like about humans, and being human: our empathy. When we kill things, many of us want to minimize suffering (unless we lack empathy, or perhaps find pleasure in making other things suffer).

Sure, the bear doesn't pollute the air and cut down the forests. But when this fucking thing tries to kill something...We can't even imagine such pain. That memory is lost to our ancient past.

I hate other predators. They're not something to be admired.

Leak tapes when

lol it's acting like it opened up an occupied stall

Curiosity fed the "cat"... then killed it

i remember watching this move for thew first time the day after my ex broke up with me. bummed me out even more

He was not a bad person desu

Shoot it. If you don't walk into the woods with a gun, you're too stupid to live.

did you see how he talked to those bears?
have you ever heard the expression "talk shit get hit"?

>No
If irwin got killed by a croc or goodhall got mauled by a chimp people wouldn't be mocking them like they mock Tim.

I love this place

Attached: 1560459828575.jpg (800x766, 258K)

He wanted to be eaten, a subconscious deathwish. Everyone knew it and he frequently said he would be honored to feed a bear, but insisted they wouldn't hurt him.

It was either face the bears or get consumed by society, man. Maybe it's the rest of us who stay back that deserve it.
*hits pipe*

Bears really are just big lonely dogs, aren't they?

I've had multiple bear encounters grizzly and blackbear ask me anything

Dogs with the power of lions, sure.

No way, it's far better to reason with it. Why didn't Treadwell just ask the bear to stop?
youtube.com/watch?v=B3qhEIZBlX8

Tim was literally autistic and didn't really know anything about animals, nor did any of his trips benefit them

Neither have you. Why would only a 90 second clip be “leaked” to YouTube but not the full thing? It doesn’t add up because it’s a hoax that’s been floating around the internet for over decade.

Based

did you shit your pants?

>Neither have you
You don't get to decide after the fact what my ears heard.

Well whatever you listened to it wasn’t the real thing.

I don't want to be the one to find out

How many miles away from the grizzly bear? Black bears are usually mild and literally dindu nuffin, so no questions there.

Did they wear a condom

W-what about n-words?

lol! You're a funny guy.

Hearing prey scream while being eaten alive actually excites animals, they get off on it. No empathy, just amusement and lust over blood. If you are a bear and aren't related to a bear, it will kill and eat you, not just for genetic selection but because they love murder. They have to spread out 40 acres between eachother.

I was actually in the tent when the bear ate him and the audio you listened to was fake, because it doesn't have my fapping sounds in it

No. A dog will bark before it jumps on you and bites your face off. With a bear all you hear is rustling leaves.

No, heart rate just goes up very high as you hope it doesn't chase you.

My grizzly encounters were 100 yards and 20 yards, both times the grizz thankfully didn't care to go after me.

IIRC, black bears are the ones that you can actually scare off if you stand your ground. Grizzlies just take that as a "fuck you", and will make your death that much more painful.

>boyfriend just got snacked on by a 1000 lbs + grizzly bear
>lets run back to the blood soaked tent and shriek so it knows to come back and eat us too
I get its a stressful moment but how do you have this little awareness/survival instinct

Attached: 1555541064643.jpg (731x588, 55K)

Very based my friend

Lol you're retarded

She literally broke from shock and fear

Attached: bear eating.webm (500x500, 1.87M)

>women
>survival instinct
It is a female instinct that if they shriek like a harpy, someone will come and solves their problems.

I think that the the Toolbox Killers tape might be the two most sought after unreleased tapes in recent history, just from a morbid curiosity sense.

Attached: Bear electric deer.webm (854x480, 2.82M)

Attached: Bear gets hit in the nuts.webm (720x480, 2.63M)

Attached: 1560719277346.webm (398x720, 1.98M)

>Bear starts ripping open your intestines
>*HOLD ON HOLD ON HOLD ON*

Attached: serveimage.jpg (225x225, 9K)

Context: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pedals_(bear)

I had a hearty kek.

lol all you got is name-calling. Be at peace that I will always know more than you. That's my thing in life, to know. Yours is to be fooled, and I am ok with that.

>SNOWWWY

That seems to be where they start. Must be the meatiest area.

Him ranting since it wouldn't rain was hilarious and utterly demented.

he didnt deserve it but he knew the risks and accepted them so its not a horrible end

he had a noble goal tho, in the scene with the foxes you can see that he wanted to be an embassador from the human world to the natural world . he wanted to learn a primordial body language to interact with feral creatures and he came pretty close to discovering it desu

I commend his lofty goals

Black bears are just big dogs.

some asshole shot Pedals in New Jersey, then they passed a law called Pedal's law that forbids bear hunting in NJ for the next five years.

It's true they usually do run away but there's too many yearly attacks and footage of them getting up on people. If they don't immediately run away and take an interest in you youre in for a nightmare.

black bears are rather timid, if you yell at them or clock them on the nose 90% of the time they will scatter and run

>NJ allows hunting of bears for first time in half a century
>quirky gay bear gets killed, public sad
>ban hunting for half a decade in memoriam of this one of tens of thousands of bears you permitted to be killed

one has to wonder if bread mould has more sense than a yankee

Sounds like Poggle the Lesser.

youtube.com/watch?v=ncPvX4PFaU4

rt.com/russia/461505-man-survives-bear-attack/

just bite its tongue off, ez. maybe if treadwell had as much nerve as this mad cunt he'd still be alive

Attached: 5cfe4d03fc7e9374518b456b.jpg (917x435, 73K)

That is just nature.

In fairness if I saw that stomping towards me late at night I'd freak the fuck out too.

>IT'S NOT COOL. IT'S A FUCKING BEAR.

Attached: unnamed.jpg (288x288, 18K)

Very ignorant and almost disrespectful of him to think the bears wouldnt prey on him once the salmon werent running. They are hungry all the time my dude

Attached: E14462E6-F2D6-426E-925F-45AA612AA2AB.jpg (4032x3024, 2.73M)

All humans deserve a terrible death. He just lucked out and got his.

you're a monster

wait sorry, I meant faggot ;)

No he did not. Guy was strange but being eaten alive should be reserved for monsters not weirdos.

Agreed

What an incredible fucking badass. This guy better procreate like a rabbit, we need more of those genes.

bet his girlfriend didn't feel the same way

If a blackbear is close enough to touch you're already dead.

Yup, that's why dog chew toys have those little squeakers in them. To stimulate that little instinctual murderous instinct they're hardwired with.

His """""girlfriend""""".

>What are birds
Based retard

The only meaning is that which we make. Treadwell chose to make his meaning out of these bears. It's just as valid as any religion or object of worship. For a guy who was shy, awkward, socially rejected, terminally obsessed with shit no one else cares about, you'd think Yea Forums users could relate more but these threads are filled with bumper sticker cynicism LOL HE GOT ATE BY DA BEAR xDD etc. Sad many such cases

>survives a bear attack
>survives staying in taiga alone
>gets jailed by kgb
is this an ultimate state of russian reality?

Nice

Everyone in the scientific community agreed he was putting himself and bears at risk. No one wanted him dead, no one wanted to have to kill the bear that killed him. They wanted him to fuck off and treat nature like nature, not his weird fantasy life where he discovers more in the bears than the hundreds of people studying them from a far. Living so close to them was ruining research.

Also a reminder, he died cause of this fantasy. He had a g/f and likely didn't want the trip to end and stayed past the fish season, food supply run out, bear killed him. He fucked up, hard, and most everyone knew he would. He did not deserve to die, but man, fuck him for making a murderer out of a hungry bear.

>but was he really so bad he deserved a terrible death?
Remember Moby Dick
When it comes to wild animals it's not about deserving or not deserving, wild animals have no morals or personal vendettas, they simply attack to defend themselves or for food.
If anything he did deserve it because he got too comfy around giant wild fucking beasts that can knock your head off with one paw swipe

Attached: giphy (2).gif (305x250, 3.72M)

A bear considers the immediate territory in which he currently resides his home and can fuck you up if you invade it

Still beats any creepypasta

What the fuck was the bears problem bros

I literally can't think of a group of people that is worse at handling the banter than jews desu.

imagine being the ghost of that fucking deer

which fucking idiot is putting so much time and effort into electrocuting bears?

Women are literally children.

>Officials initially warned that the videos may have been a hoax
why are all officials such fucking retards

Yeah, but from what is accounted here:
I feel like she could have gotten away but she chose to stay behind and try to fight the bear off. She could've ran and got away, I mean I know she'd be like "HURR BUT I LOOOOOVE HIM" but what was she going to do? Fight a fucking bear?
I would say she should've ran and got help but then they were in the middle of fucking nowhere, so, well there you have it.
Experienced fucking hunters barely survive bear attacks, this guy thought he could just hang out with them?

Attached: WWTEDHWBJWU5PJNFHGUBOWLZV4.jpg (1000x684, 124K)

Fuck, I laughed.

He's a wild fucking animal?
Some dumb shithead thought he was a docile puppy and decided to live in his territory?
I mean, if a sentient delicious hamburger came into my house to "study me" I can't be held liable if the stupid little fucker gets eaten.

Attached: hamburgers-clipart-277537-4176916.jpg (250x219, 12K)

>*while getting eaten*
>You wanna go there bear? You wanna go there? You don't wanna go there, TRUST me! *sniff*

Black Bears are the pussies of the bear world
It's the Grizzlies that will fuck you up bad
If you jump and extend your arms and scream you actually have a chance of scaring a black bear.
A grizzly won't be impressed, he'll fuck you up regardless so the best course of action is to climb a tree or grab your weapon (You also can't outrun him). If you don't have a weapon then kiss your ass goodbye

Attached: american-black-bear-scratching-head.jpg (650x433, 58K)

Did he deserve to get eaten? I'm not sure but that but being eaten was certainly the inevitable consequence of the actions.

unless you're a bitch your opinion is of little value in this matter

It wasn't out of love, her brain was paralyzed with fear, she just completely shut down and waited to die

I bet he didn't feel the same way mere seconds into his mauling.

>he deserved a terrible death
>deserved

not how life atually works

OOF RIGHT IN THE BEAR NECESSITY'S

Fuck off, Irwin was a fucking professional, he respected the danger the animas posed and to boot he always had a fucking team of people with him, he took precautions
Tim was like "HURRR I CAN GO LIVE WITH THESE SAVAGE FUCKING ANIMALS ALL BY MYSELF ME AND MY GIRLFRIEND THEY'RE ACTUALLY VERY FRIENDLY SEE?"
Steve never minced words, he made it clear the animals are dangerous and should not be fucked with.

Attached: f396302bc22fedcb5130aa7fbd83e89d.jpg (335x480, 35K)

If you're looking for bear kino The Edge is a good one

Are you stupid?
It's apples to oranges.
Irwin took precautions. He always had a team with him and never once tried to convince you that the crocs were not dangerous.
Goodhall didn't hang out with huge fucking carnivores that can kill you because you look tasty, yes chimps are fucking wild and can't be trusted but they're not as aggressive or powerful as a fucking grizzly bear.
Treadwell ignored every warning from park rangers and experts. He went to live alone with fucking animals who can tear you limb from limb despite the warnings of several people

but he was right until he purposely mingled with aggressive bears to kill himself. so... it's more like apples to orangutans.

right about what?

the bears were not a danger to him since they were living in a land of milk and honey

lolno he was fucking stupid, a real dumbass and a shoo-in for the Darwin Award
Bear is one of the animals that I don't think we should ever just casually fuck with, the list includes Lions, tigers, crocs, and cassowaries etc. etc.
youtube.com/watch?v=6RVL-zD_sIo
Any time we drop our guard and don't take the correct precautions around these animals there's a chance they can go off no matter how docile, well-fed, or trained we think they are.

Attached: maxresdefault (6).jpg (1280x720, 84K)

>hhhrrrreeegggghhh
yeah but this assumes he died by accident which doesn't seem particularly likely

Deserves got nothing to do with it. Seriously though

damned toddlercon tiger

Are you legally retarded?

Throw it some food and line my shot up

>Shoot it. If you don't walk into the woods with a gun, you're too stupid to live.
>Throw it some food and line my shot up
From all accounts shooting them just pisses them off, as far as I can see.
You better be packing something powerful and/or get a fucking hell of a bullseye on a very fast very aggressive target or the best thing that gun's gonna do for you is to leave something for the forensic team to figure out that the pile of mangled gnawed bones they found was you.

Bears don't really care who should be lunch or not.

The recording is fake, one of the guys from the documentary posted basically a transcript of it online that the YT tries to follow but strays from

For a fake recording, the voice acting is really good. The guy sounds like he's agonizing

I’m an Alaskan and I’d bring at least bring an s&w 500 if I’m camping. Bear spray is what pisses them off or just flat out doesn’t do shit. I also wouldn’t fly out to Kodiak to camp with them though that’s retarded. Your odds aren’t certain even with a gun but they’re decidedly better.

Attached: 4C1BBC9F-F865-428B-B3E0-8E8F528F95C5.gif (245x135, 1.88M)

>GROOOOOOOOOOOOOOARGH

Attached: Bear.jpg (480x360, 36K)

>yes chimps are fucking wild and can't be trusted but they're not as aggressive or powerful as a fucking grizzly bear.
buddy, chimps will kill you dead. goodall was a weird old obsessed spinster

>womyn have no agency

Chimps can do more damage than you realize

m.ranker.com/list/pet-chimpanzee-attacks/lee-emjay

Attached: 9B2035AB-B4A1-417F-8D1A-36440448056F.jpg (600x400, 35K)

> A distraught mother listened on a mobile phone as her teenage daughter was eaten alive by a brown bear and its three cubs.
> Olga Moskalyova, 19, gave an horrific hour-long running commentary on her own death in three separate calls as the wild animals mauled her.
> She screamed: 'Mum, the bear is eating me! Mum, it’s such agony. Mum, help!'
> Her mother Tatiana said that at first she thought she was joking.
> 'But then I heard the real horror and pain in Olga’s voice, and the sounds of a bear growling and chewing,' she added. 'I could have died then and there from shock.'
> Unknown to Tatiana, the bear had already killed her husband Igor Tsyganenkov - Olga’s stepfather - by overpowering him, breaking his neck and smashing his skull.
> Olga, a trainee psychologist, saw the attack on her stepfather in tall grass and reeds by a river in Russia and fled for 70 yards before the mother bear grabbed her leg.
>As the creature toyed with her, she managed to call Tatiana several times during the prolonged attack.Tatiana rang her husband - not knowing he was already dead - but got no answer.

bears are fucking evil. fuck bears

Attached: bear attack.png (464x238, 17K)

>the watch was given to his ex girlfriend I believe
This. She's also the one who has all the tapes.

Why the FUCK would she call her mother like that knowing there was nothing she could do? Olga inflicted so much emotional pain on her mother because she couldn't face her death

I remember this one. Grizzlies possess zero instinct to kill their prey because once they’ve got you in their grasp you’re not going anywhere except their stomach. They will always eat you alive

>She's also the one who has all the tapes.
the tape is being held by a legal firm DID YOU PEOPLE EVEN WATCH GRIZZLY MAN??? Meaning we really never will hear it. That said, you can read the account of the state troopers who listened to it. It's nothing that interesting.

>that double take at 0:26
w-what happened next?

yeah damn almost like she wasn't thinking things through very much while getting eaten alive. what a selfish bitch

>chasing bears, lol

Nothing could convince me it's real more than a post like this.

>the tape is being held by a legal firm
Yeah, because she had it locked away after Herzog advised her never to listen to it, and even suggested destroying it.

But she also controls all of the other tapes which were used to make the film. That's why the film needed her involvement and permission.

It's not real, cope

I don't know why stories about man trying to make it work out into the wilderness seem to inspire such animosity. It was like this with that McCandless guy from Into The Wild too. Jesus Christ nobody seems to care about the fact Treadwell survived for a ridiculously long time with his original bear crew, he only died when he tried to recapture the magic with a new lone bear who was starving

dang...
well, yeah

Trying to make them seem smart but they've made the power incredibly easy to disconnect and placed it at the base of a tree, which bears routinely play with/rub against.

Reminds me of that old joke, "The Czech is in the male."

Attached: griz.jpg (273x185, 8K)

I heard about that one years ago on Kevin Smith's podcast. That's when I decided bears could go fuck themselves, and I would go nowhere near any woods in known bear country. At least big cats have the decency to kill you before they eat you.

Jesus Christ, I walk / run every day and see bears all the time (black bears, mostly, so there's that) on the roadways or trails but we just leave each other alone. Usually I just back up and they walk off. Now this makes me more frightened. They're mostly just scavengers in my neighborhood which is near Yosemite, California but I guess if it were a hard winter, well, then... (Mostly they'd be hibernating).

So true. Same thing with mountain lions. That spray doesn't do shit. You're better off with an air horn.

>the weather effects in the youtube video are clearly faked
Could not disagree with you more actually. In fact being from here and going camping my whole life it kinda makes it seem more legit. We often have strong windstorms like that in weird unrelenting patterns with big gusts every minute and a half or so that stay constant while they’re blowing so the wind and rain on the tarp are accurate sounding in how a videocamera would pick it up imo. Even if it’s fake that part isn’t inaccurate.

Lol. I recall a drop sound clip from Adam Carolla's show where she says, "You can't believe how wrong you are." to him.

OK guys, I did some excavating on the deep web, and I found the real timothy treadwell death audio! it only cost me five bitcoins

vocaroo.com/i/s0q7axkz40kD

Attached: 2c59544ac0600b8b3d66c4046ddeede2.jpg (400x400, 25K)

California you should be fine. Kodiak Grizzlies are the biggest motherfucking brown bears in the world and they know it which is what makes them dangerous. Black bears aren’t nearly as sketchy ALTHOUGH I did go to high school with a girl on the long distance team who had a black bear hop out of the bushes and maul her face during a run through the woods for a school event. She had multiple reconstructive surgeries before returning to school the next year but it was still like acid attack tier. Bears are nothing to fuck with

In one word..harrowing.

wtf dude why did you post it?

Au contraire, most of the women I've known that actually go hiking, camping, etc... have taught me most of what I now know and think is common sense. Purifying water, what plants are edible, how to (construct and) shoot a bow and arrow, make a snare from weeds; things like that. I think that gal was basically just tagging along with a burn-out, which is sad.

Sad. People are retarded.

>TELL ME ABOUT TREADWELL! WHY DID HE PET THE BEAR!?

Attached: CIA.jpg (189x267, 6K)

This.

HOLY SHIT! I'm sorry for that. I mean in empathy. Yeah, I've pretty much grown up here around with them and they just raid the neighbors' garbage and forage and fish so I've never had a problem. I walk about 3 miles every day and am more worried about a wild cat then a bear. That being said, I NEVER want to meet a Kodiak. Especially in the wild, which most likely would surprise us both and then... well, I'd be utterly fucked. The local ones here are relatively tame and just mind their own business. They're like the local Indians, they're lazy and just drift along and can't be bothered so long as you don't bother them.

>you will never ever listen to the tape
Fuck.

>AAAAAAAAGGGHHHHHHHHHH

Attached: 1502145658084.gif (591x559, 568K)

Zoikes!

Not much different than a cat, eh?

>Black bears in finland
That's a eurasian brown bear

Agggghh Amie help me!

That's just mean. Let them be. And fuck deer, anyway, they are the vermin of my neighborhood.

I actually did laugh out loud at that comment.

Fuck New Jersey. As an American, I can say that. It is absolute shit and should just be hewn off of the continent. Like that Monkey Gone to Heaven song by the Pixies.

She didn't want to be there. She was more than a little anxious around the bears and wanted to go home, but he refused to leave and she didn't want to leave him alone. That much is documented.

Of course she had agency in the matter, but ultimately the preponderance of the blame for her death has to lie with him.

Friday the 13th and Sleepaway Camp make it seem kind of comfy.

Wow, I looked into that and I am shook

Black bears climb swimmingly. I see it all the time.

>I’m an Alaskan and I’d bring at least bring an s&w 500 if I’m camping
>s&w 500
whoooo boy you better make that first shot count because recoil's a bitch and bears aren't like in the movies, son, every story I've read they come up fast like a cat running up (30+mph), and it's hard to point a gun on the ground when a fucking bear chews on any extremity that sticks out
Like you said the odds are still bad especially if he gets the drop on you but at least you aren't dead in the water with a tiny gun that barely pierces its hide.
Also consider that a bear will fucking kill you with its dying breath if it can, especially if you run into a mama and its cubs it will be relentless, there's no hesitating or scaring it away. The gun has to be strong and the shots accurate, if the bear doesn't die fast enough you could end up killing it but that won't do you any good if he got to your jugular before dying.

Attached: running-bear-e1499815546746.jpg (703x476, 52K)

>never bothered the bears
lol
well, I guess you could be right since they couldn't be bothered

As somebody who lives amongst bears and deals with them, regularly, I must agree. You are so right. But I dislike your punctuation sense. BUT WHAT YOU SAID IS SO TRUE. It's unbelievable what folks in my neck of the woods think they can get away with and just, well... die.

Based. We have signs around here that actually say, "Do not feed the bears." all along the highways. Heh.

You gotta protect your nuts ya big dumb idiot bear

>he made it clear the animals are dangerous and should not be fucked with
>fucks with them anyway
What did Irwin mean by this?

She should have jumped up on top of the bear and ride it like a Tolkien character into infamy.
Sorry, but, still, why not try at that point? Basic fear, I guess.

Fake.

We've gotten comfortable as a species.
We sit in our homes, plush and fat and pampered, and we forget the days when all we had was a campfire and a spear, when any sound in the night could be the last thing you hear. We've driven most large hunters to near-extinction to the point that we actually have to turn around and have to protect them so they don't fucking disappear from the face of this planet, we have guns and technology and this puts us at ease and makes us feel like we're in control, makes us forget that a lion, tiger, or bear can still easily fuck you up if he catches you alone or unprepared without your gun or equipment

so long as it's wild rice and not that California shit they call "wild rice"

Again he makes it clear he's a pro and he's never alone, he always has a team with him.
Most importantly notice he NEVER FUCKING RELAXES around dangerous animals.
He's a fucking pro and he wrestled many crocs but he never once let his guard down.

Unfortunately, this.

LOL

Why the fuck didn't they just run? It's just a fucking bear, not a cheetah.

Was staying at a hotel in Yosemite, California on Christmas eve. Snow. No bathrooms / toilets in the rooms but there some down the outside walkway. Girlfriend had to go. Went down the walk outside. Came back. I'll go back later. "Why? What's wrong? There's a bear." She grew up in the area so I just trusted her judgment. The bear moved on an all was fine but the bears here are a bunch of pussies. Unless you piss them off. Which for the most part is hard to do because they just want to be left alone.

grizzly bear Ursus arctos top speed 34.8 mph

Bears run at 30mph and can get up to 45mph over short distances
Trust me you're not out running a bear.
It's not like the movies where they have fat bears lumbering around, every account of a bear attack states that they come up quick, you barely have time to react.

Dang. I remember when it came out after I broke up with my ex of over 2 decades and decided, "Nope." For that very purpose. My condolences.

The thing just barrels through everything and dodges nimbly everything it cannot just run over, even with very difficult footing. No, people won't outrun bear, only chance is to climb tree and hope the bear would be too lazy to climb it.

>AND THAT'S BAD BECAUSE WOAH MAN WE SHOULD LIKE TOTALLY FIGHT BEARS FOR SURVIVAL ONCE IN A WHILE

If a bear charges you, could you try sidestepping it and getting on it's back? From there you can choke it out without it being able to reach you.

yes he was a deranged faggot who had no business being so close bears and talking to them like cute little pets. Hes not some professional, he had no respect for what bears are and can do, he thought he was some bear whisperer and had some connection to them.

All bears except polar and grizzly bears are like this, at least in North America. I have lived in highly developed towns which get bears all the time because of their proximity to the mountains. Seen them in my backyard and cruising around the dumpsters dozens of time. They are basically like slow deer, the kind that are so used to people they have lost all skittishness. I have also lived in the middle of bumfuck nowhere and the bears are much the same. I had one break into a shower house and get stuck in there. Opened the door in the middle of the night because of all the racket and it just bolted out right past me. Wasn't even scary. Have also seen many on camping trips even further from any building. Never felt intimidated, though maybe this is because of so many childhood experiences with the bears around said built-up towns. People really don't seem to get this, especially Euros. I am going to Romania soon though so maybe those fuckers are different. I hear there are loads.

>barely have time to react
ayyyyyy

best review ive seen

He did deserve it, and I don’t mean that in a cruel way. He himself knew that he would likely die one day at the hands of a bear, but he was willing to continue doing what he did anyways, because to him inevitable death was worth it.

He might have been mentally ill, and he might have had it coming, but I still respect the guy somewhat.

Or just remember not to fuck with them.

Is that why he was begging his """girlfriend""" to help fight off the bear when it started chomping on him?

wow, man...

True. Black bears just want to mind their own business and move on. That's been my experience just roaming around. I'd never want to encounter a grizzly by any means, though. I can trust a black bear to a certain degree through basic logic, l saw from a former poster, black bears are like dogs. Which is actually true for a normal dog and a black bear.

> be me, 16 years old
> at a friends cottage up in bear country
> biking through a trail enjoying my time
> see a mama bear and her four cubs crossing the clearing up ahead. oh fuck I think to myself
> stop, signal to my friends we need to turn around, and don't look back

I feel bear attacks happen to people who chance luck. if you see them, calmly head in the opposite direction and you're more likely than not to still be living at the end of the day.

Is the recording on youtube fake or not? it sounds pretty real

Attached: 1451532647033.gif (400x400, 172K)

Which is weird because every woman I know is the one who would fucking rip the throat out of that bear (or die trying) and not die crying. These are also the gals who taught me to hike and be out in the wild, so there's that.

you'll never be rewarded with sex for white knighting. faggot.

youtu.be/YipewEkakzA?t=43

this will help complete your mental picture. the supposed actual "leaked audio" is a fake reenactment based off of all the info pieced together in these posts.

Well can of beans don't bother you much too - you still eat it when you're hungry.

Why didn't his bear friends help him?

A gun fixes that problem. Bring some guns with you, people. Pick them and ammo appropriately, bears have thick skulls and bones, but they can't match a proper gun.

He was killed in October, the bears he watched were hibernating already, and the bear that killed him was a male that came into the area to forage getting ready to hibernate.

Wait for it to finish eating your cat, and it to move on.

iirc it was the time of year where bears need to fatten up for hibernation and an old bear who isnt good at hunting wandered in from another area and decided he was easy meat

Pick semi or automatic rifle with good piercing ammo and unload it into that oversized rat.

Hey, what about latinos then?

He would have survived if he didn't try to stay through the winter. The bear that killed him was some starving, outsider bear. That bear would have attacked literally anything it came across but the other ones he kept track of didn't think of him as food.

I don't really care to shit on him when nature documentary filmmakers and especially people like the Steve Irwin are held up as heroes. People really need to be spoonfed about how they should feel. Yeah the girlfriend dying was tragic but he told her to run and her female stupidity took over, it wasn't like he murdered her.

Humans also get "done" with their homes my challenged friendo

Retard actually wanted to get eaten. Of course reality is a little more painful than fantasy

>recording on youtube
I bet you think the Christine Chubbuck suicide "leak" on youtube is real too.

>respected the animals
>just wrestled with them for tv footy
Seriously, the only reason he's a hero is because he's charismatic and loved animals a lot. He was just as much of an idiot.

You can be a conservationist without rolling around with pythons.

Bit of a false equivalence, bud. Treadwell's situation was one of pure foolishness, not because he liked bears or wanted to study them, but he put himself in a situation where he was to a large degree doomed to fail. He had no business being where he was when he was. It wasn't just that it was a winter but it was also a lean year with not much for the fauna to eat. The bears were stressed. Knowing a lot about bears, he should have recognized this and left.

He told the GF to run, sure, but... where the fuck was she going to run to? There was no safe area.

Irwin's death was a freak accident.

this

People encounter brown bears all the time, up in Alaska - bears don't just turn into murder machines when they see humans. Like my relative who's lived up there forever says, the most you usually see is a bear's ass, as it's moving away from you.

just jam your fist down its throat

Grizzlies don't just randomly attack people, stupid. Most bear attacks come from disturbing a bear and surprising it, or a momma bear protecting her cubs. Most bears avoid humans as much as possible. Most grizzly encounters I've personally witnessed are bear sees humans, huffs, walks the other way. Humans walk rapidly in opposite direction.
Grizzly sightings are common in Alaska and Canada, if you fish or hike or camp. They're not homicidal maniacs rampaging around killing people. There's only been a handful of bear attacks around Anchorage that were fatal the last couple of decades - and some of them were black bears.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_fatal_bear_attacks_in_North_America#2010s

You have better odds of being run over by a drunk native in Alaska, or stomped to death by a moose, than killed by a bear.

Except that the watch wasn't recovered from the bear's stomach, it was found on his arm, in the pile of remains.

Oh, bullshit. Bears cache their kills all the fucking time. You don't know shit about bears.

Back when i was a kid, we camped in the Adirondecks, in upstate new york. The local entertainment was at night, you'd go park at the town dump and watch the bears come eat. They'd wander around the cars, and ignored the people.
I've seen black and brown bears in the wild. It's not the "OMG GOD HOLYFUCKSHITBALLS" moment you think it is. They just pretty much ignore you, if they're just nosing around for food. They're all over the river in salmon season in Alaska. Granted, if they show up - you leave. It's just common fucking sense. But if you don't threaten them, they have no fucks to give - but they might fuck your cooler full of snacks up.

This, its the same mechanism as a baby

>He would have survived if he didn't try to stay through the winter.
He wasn't trying to stay through the winter - you can't, anyway, I don't think. They were being picked up the next day by a plane, the pilot who showed up found them.

Chimps are one of the few species outside of humans that engage in organised murder

They are huge assholes

this pretty much desu. Its like taking ur gf to a party in the ghetto and being surprised when u get robbed and she gets kidnapped or raped