Christopher Nolan’s spy thriller “Tenet” reportedly has a massive $224 million dollar budget

>Christopher Nolan’s spy thriller “Tenet” reportedly has a massive $224 million dollar budget

With almost zero star power in this cast (Robert Pattinson is the closest thing to it), and it not being a franchise or sequel film, how can Warner Bros. possibly justify such a crazy budget? Not even TDK or Inception had a budget that huge.

Attached: 94686C14-F5E0-42CD-B2E0-AB32AAB48015.jpg (1200x600, 129K)

>black guy in lead role
damn thought nolan was /ourguy/ but he just ended up being /theirguy/
/fpbp
/based
/kino

Jennifer Lame looks like one of those filters to change your sex.

Nolan is a cuck servative.

I bet the little faggot is a tory boy

>clémence poésy
more like clémence pussy amirite lads

Attached: 6dBt2Oj.jpg (600x315, 21K)

Robert Pattinson looks like a god in that picture, is he still as popular with women as was back then?

Dimple Kapadia is my hamster's name

It's Christopher Nolan, he get what he wants.

They owe him for directing 3 capeshits

>zero star power in this cast
>Michael Caine
>Kenneth Branagh
dipshit

>zero star power
Go back to the capeshit threads bro

I feel like Nolan is about to flop a giant kino dick all over the film industry with this one once it's out.
He got something special and he knows it.

Implying normies would ever buy in a movie because "that guy who played Alfred" is in it. Sorry bud Kenneth Branagh is no Rihanna.

so they have a lotta loyalty?

desu that's not a bad cast

Dunkirk didn’t have star power either and it was still successful at the BO

>how can Warner Bros. possibly justify such a crazy budget?
They can't. WB wants to pull a Fox so they're blowing all thei money on massive bombs

>With almost zero star power in this cast
The starpower is in the director seat, normies will eat anything by the guy who made those batman movies or inception

>Robert Pattinson the biggest star
>in a film with Michael Caine

THIS
AND THAT

NOLAN HAS A BLANK CHECK FOR WHATEVER HE WANTS
VILLENEUVE IS NOW REACHING THIS LEVEL

THEY CAN FORCE THE STUDIOS TO MAKE THEIR PASSION PROJECTS AND IT DOESNT MATTER IF THE BOX OFFICE RETURN IS LOW

IT TAKES A COUPLE REALLY BAD BOMBS IN A ROW TO FUCK UP THIS STATUS

isn't that what most films by big studios cost these days

cringe
fpbp
based
based
kek
kek
kek
kek
cringe
cringe
based
cringe
based
kek
cringe
cringe
kek
kek
cringe
cringe

Vermin

>Pattinson is the biggest star
>has both Caine and Branagh

Attached: Implying.jpg (287x277, 17K)

YIKES!

Great, another awards season that will be full of underage tourists from r/truefilm ranting about how epic Tenet totally was.
"OMG It was pure kino!"
And we all know the film will be full of blatant plot holes and treat the audience like fucking idiots, along with terrible action scenes that are laughably atrocious. Like every other Nolan film in the last decade.
The worst part is that I like Pattinson and Washington. The cast in general looks solid. But Nolan's track record is appalling. And his fanbase is worse

Tell me the plot holes and terrible action scenes in Dunkirk

>implying Nolan only directed them reluctantly
OH NO NO NO

Attached: nolan favourite scene.jpg (632x272, 65K)

>plot holes
You'd need an actual plot. But does every actor teleporting around the set between takes count? Or the modern day city of Brighton in the background of the plane scenes?
>terrible action scenes in Dunkirk
Literally every single one?

It's my favorite scene too.
Go back

>Or the modern day city of Brighton in the background of the plane scenes?
Cap?

>he's an unironic plot point mental midget
OH NO NO NO HAHAHHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHA

Based Nolan dabbing on manbabies

Proves he's our guy

Why?

Attached: uAdKDg3.jpg (800x844, 113K)

>But does every actor teleporting around the set between takes count?
No.
>Or the modern day city of Brighton in the background of the plane scenes?
Also no.
>Literally every single one?
Okay, then tell me how is the action scene of the first torpedo hitting the Destroyer bad. Go

imagine being this reddit

>tfw no pajeet mommy

Attached: thu1528441068.jpg (600x450, 24K)

>Okay, then tell me how is the action scene of the first torpedo hitting the Destroyer bad. Go
A sea of bodies all with the same haircut, in the same uniform with the same hair colour swimming around. And we're supposed to know which characters got hurt/killed.
I've literally done this with every person who tells me irl they liked the film, where I've asked them to tell me who died and when. None of them got a single right answer among the ground soldiers.
I know a LOT of people who liked that film
>No.
>Also no
Convenient
>moving the goalposts after getting btfo
Cringe

damn this cast sucks

>hating plebbit's favourite film makes you plebbit
Let me guess, next you're gonna tell me how Fury Road is the best action film of the decade?

>Dunkirk
>successful
LOL

You just tried to explain to me how you don't know the characters, not how the action scene is bad. So far you haven't listed a single plot hole or a bad action scene.
And you even tell the other guy about "moving goalposts" fucking lmao.

Back to your tarantino flicks

>A sea of bodies all with the same haircut, in the same uniform with the same hair colour swimming around. And we're supposed to know which characters got hurt/killed. I've literally done this with every person who tells me irl they liked the film, where I've asked them to tell me who died and when. None of them got a single right answer among the ground soldiers.
I know a LOT of people who liked that film
Why the fuck would that matter to you unless you delve in some sick ,masochist pedantry. It's war, soldiers don't get marked graves, it's going to be collateral as fuck. The film isn't about individuals but the events and collective "tommy".

It made more than 5 times it's box office. A complete critical success aswell, and an award winner.

>A sea of bodies all with the same haircut, in the same uniform with the same hair colour swimming around. And we're supposed to know which characters got hurt/killed. I've literally done this with every person who tells me irl they liked the film, where I've asked them to tell me who died and when. None of them got a single right answer among the ground soldiers. I know a LOT of people who liked that film
Why the fuck would that matter to you unless you delve in some sick ,masochist pedantry. It's war, soldiers don't get marked graves, it's going to be collateral as fuck. The film isn't about individuals but the events and collective "tommy".
*fixd formatting

The action scene is bad because it is dull and uninteresting. For a braindead fanboy, I can see how this doesn't count as a criticism. For anyone over the mental age of 20, this is quite important.
>It's meant to be bad!
Clearly

>aside from being a plot point mental midget he's also a RLM starshitter
OH NONO NO HAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA

>The action scene is bad because it is dull and uninteresting
wow my dude epic argument forming, simply unbeatable

might aswell say it's bad because it's bad

>The action scene is bad because it is dull and uninteresting.
Are you 12 or a woman?

What possible reason could you have to think I watch red-letter dipshits?
Other than because it lets you easily generalise everyone you disagree with, of course...
In explained in a lot of detail why it's dull and uninteresting. But like the braindead fanboy you are, you can't comprehend these reasons

did Nolan and Zimmer have a falling out

>It's bad because in war film unnamed characters die
Revealed yourself as an absolute plebeian. Vermin.

Do you need a whole backstory for every character first to care about him? Are you so used to capeshit garbage that you first need an entire origin movie for the character setup to care about a person?
Is it not enough to show how Rylance is a compassionate stoic old man who lost his son in the first two weeks of the war enough to care about him? Is it not enough to show a brave pilot continuously sacrificing himself for his fellow countrymen to care about him? To feel sorry for a group of at last saved barely 18 year old soldiers who suddenly get torpedoed the fuck out of?
What did you want, a scene around a campfire where they all talk about their sweethearts waiting at home? Mid bombing quips and jokes? A scene of some old generals in a boardroom arguing while staring at a map? Dunkirk wasn't about that fake empathy schlock, it was about being thrown into the event itself.

Characters are made by action, not just reciting lines about their backstory. The portrayed situations alone should be enough for you to be attached to the person on-screen if you're not a full blown turboautist, which you sure seem like you are.

t.capeshit pajeet

>le fanboy he's must be a fanboy!!!1
Juvenile primitive tribalism example #12

Memento and Dunkirk are the only good Nolan films.
I bet you loved Inception

>all this butthurt from Nolan fans
lmao

Attached: dunkirk guy casually standing around as a bomb goes off.gif (600x334, 1.52M)

>I've asked them to tell me who died and when
huh, it's almost like the film intentionally doesn't even give a name to it's main lead and instead focuses on the event as a whole

I know it's a hard concept for a capeshit pea brain, but not every film is character driven.

Disappointed with Nolan using Hoytema again. I don't care how revered he is as a DP, all of his movies have the same dull, brownish-greyish, cloudy look. His cinematography made Specter one of the most boring Bond movies ever.

The only good Nolan film is The Prestige.
Memento is okay but relies too heavily on a gimmick. Batman Begins is typical capeshit.
TDK is a rip off of Heat with a great soundtrack but otherwise average at best.
Everything afterwards is shit. Dunkirk is no exception. I actually really wanted to like it

shove that phone up your ass tourist

>the two main characters in England are both really sad about the death of French boy
>no one even knew French boy had died until that scene
Great filmmaking

gotta be a bitch to film tho, like 4000 extras and a pyrotechnic based film, retakes cannot be a laugh.

damn straight

>no one
Well I'm sorry for you being a literal retard, but anyone that is not mentally ill perfectly remembers the entire scene of everyone yelling at the french dude, almost killing him and then him drowning as he saves them.

Dunkirk is a mess: visually inconsistent with characters disappearing and re-materialising in new locations between shots, what little dialogue there is is still appalling, weak performances, no characterisation, an interesting event told in the most boring style imaginable (without getting into the way he fucked up a cool idea in the three timelines) and all the horror of war removed so that it could be sold to a pg-13 audience.
Anyone who likes it is basically admitting that they are incapable of discerning cinematic quality. Congrats on outing yourself as a pleb.

it's going to rule. Nolan is the filmmaker dads deserve.

pathetic stale wannabe youtube reviewer stale pasta

>it's bad because it's hard to make a good film!
>meanwhile, you can't find a single shot this embarrassing from Scorsese, PTA, Kubrick etc and that's just from the Americans

you're an idiot

Michael Caine is right there. I can see him.

>the filmmaker dads deserve
A disappointment that's essentially just a Michael Bay film but less fun, less explosions and worse choreography, and somehow with no more depth or characterisation?

>his first thought of a good director is Scorsese and PTA
based 16 year old fortnite zoomer

it's not that bad at all, and yeah, you easily could find similar mistakes from those directors my plebian friend

>no u

based mentally ill tranny capeshitter

Nolan is the big name. There aren't that many big name actors these days anyway

Unfair to compare nolan to those boys, no one here holds him that high. We can comprehend the premise of a very basic film unlike your drooling zoomer mindset.

it's about mood, but as you are in high school i wouldn't expect you to understand

If they're bad directors, and they don't have a single shot this embarrassing, what does that make Nolan?
I'll give you a hint, it rhymes with "whack" and starts with the letter "h".

>I'll give you a hint, it rhymes with "whack" and starts with the letter "h".
I haven't read a post this reddit in a long time, it might aswell be a 9gag post.
I sincerely hope you're baiting.

air tight logic there dumb dumb

>the guy that dislikes Nolan is a capeshitter
>not the guys defending the dipshit that made a trilogy of capeshit that literally defined his career
Epic

>Branagh
>Johnson
>Caine
>Pattinson
not bad.

>n-no... stop being mean!
user this is getting embarrassing. Say it another 50 times and maybe I'll stop insulting your godking

based mentally ill tranny phoneposting capeshitter

Deadbeat dads?

>gif
yeah i believe you

COPE

>Christopher Nolan is only 48 years old
lads we have ATLEAST two more decades of Nolan kino upon us, trannies are already crying

prosperous times are ahead

MEME

sorry i couldn't drive you to your magic tournament, the lawn won't mow itself

Attached: 1525388794348.png (380x349, 77K)

based quints of truth

are trannies the new chans boogey men?

>new
slowpoke.png

Boomer dad isn't a deadbeat

stop projecting. im sorry your dad left user

Attached: 83a.png (528x321, 133K)

>Nolan

Attached: yikes.jpg (852x480, 40K)

based cast honestly

My dad didn't leave me. Seriously, fuck off right now before I get mad

Shame about the director desu

>zero star power
>michael cane
neck yourself retard

haha just so you know it was definitely your fault

Just like it was your fault that your mother had to stop being the town bicycle after she got pregnant with you?

nice one dadless friend

>a new film by Christopher Bravo Nolan

Attached: drake-hotline-bling-jacket-moncler-1.jpg (480x320, 22K)

>the guy who writes and directs his own ORIGINAL BLOCKBUSTER KINOS isn't worth watching
yeah, i'm thinking he's based and you're cringe

>ORIGINAL BLOCKBUSTER KINOS
Oh no no no...

Attached: inception vs paprika.jpg (1271x580, 185K)

Attached: 2001, Ikarie XB-1.jpg (590x488, 95K)