WONDER WOMAN 1984 Plot Details

>Diana Prince (Gal Gadot) is a famous public hero in 1984, retconning "Batman V. Superman: Dawn of Justice" and "Justice League", in which she abandoned humanity for 100 years after World War I.

>Diana is recruited by the United States government to investigate Maxwell Lord (Pedro Pascal), a corrupt businessman believed to be working with the Soviets. Lord has the power to grant people’s wishes, but at a costly price, and is collecting magic artifacts to become a god.

>Barbara Ann Minerva (Kristen Wiig) is an introverted archaeologist who admires Wonder Woman and wants to be like her. Lord grants her wish, turning Barbara into Cheetah. However, Barbara struggles to control her animal side, and lashes out when the public begins fearing her, forcing Wonder Woman to intervene. Cheetah believes Wonder Woman to have betrayed her, and swears revenge.

>Lord also grants Diana’s wish to reunite with Steve Trevor (Chris Pine), who is revived in the 1984, trading places with Diana as the fish out of water who must acclimate himself to a brave new world. Their reunion is bittersweet, however, as Lord ultimately transfers his soul into Steve’s body, forcing Diana to fight against the man she loves.

thathashtagshow.com/2019/06/17/exclusive-plot-character-details-revealed-for-wonder-woman-1984/

Attached: Wonder Woman 1984.jpg (800x450, 68K)

Other urls found in this thread:

manofsteelanswers.com/?s=tornado
youtube.com/watch?v=2RPe3UjK2rs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Yeesh

Attached: FB_IMG_1560969826361.jpg (540x700, 45K)

Why does she put her hair up when she looks so damn better with it down? It makes no sense

>retconning "Batman V. Superman: Dawn of Justice" and "Justice League"
chef_kiss.gif

Because while I agree with you, there are goods and bad of everything including up or down styles, and she can pull off goods well as well.

Attached: 1436734632019.png (500x693, 461K)

>Cavil, Ezra, and Fisher arent g-gone
>Pattinson is j-just playing a younger A-Affleck

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Face it. They are soft rebooting everything. The "DCEU" is dead. Youll never see Cavil supes again

Attached: 32 (1).jpg (390x310, 28K)

Gal Gadot is an untalented ugly Jew. She has an alien forehead and a gross bony holocaust body that's diagusting. None of what i said is racist. She just happens to be a Jew all the while possessing these unattractive physical traits. Fuck niggers though.
And jews

the first WW movie already retconned it anyway, it's just going even further

>>Barbara Ann Minerva (Kristen Wiig) is an introverted archaeologist who admires Wonder Woman and wants to be like her. Lord grants her wish, turning Barbara into Cheetah. However, Barbara struggles to control her animal side, and lashes out when the public begins fearing her, forcing Wonder Woman to intervene. Cheetah believes Wonder Woman to have betrayed her, and swears revenge.

Literally anazing spiderman 2 lmao. Flop incoming

Didn't she leave behind humanity after WW1?
I mean this is what she told us in BvS. Do they just plan to ignore everything that happened in BvS and hope people forget?

>my waifu Wiig as a shy girl who later becomes a beast

count me in for this one my jewish overlords

Did you read the OP at all you worthless retard? It literally answers your dumbass question

this sounds almost like Amazing Spiderman 2
they'll love it

Jesus dude, I just asked if you minded if I bought her a drink. Okay, I guess I got my answer.

I stopped reading after plot details. Like these matter.

>>Barbara Ann Minerva (Kristen Wiig) is an introverted archaeologist who admires Wonder Woman and wants to be like her.

Attached: 21A43D53-82C2-4ED3-808D-0DAD554C340C.jpg (355x236, 32K)

>tfw too stupid to read the first sentence

Attached: raf,750x1000,075,t,fafafa_ca443f4786.jpg (750x1000, 42K)

>a corrupt businessman believed to be working with the Soviets
ahahahhaha all the faggots that have been propping this shit up as the alternative to MCU sjw's are now going to have to choose between captain feminist and LITERALLY DRUMPF. i can't fucking wait for Yea Forums to pretend they never liked WW.

>Barbara Ann Minerva (Kristen Wiig) is an introverted archaeologist who admires Wonder Woman and wants to be like her.
>Cheetah believes Wonder Woman to have betrayed her, and swears revenge.
He hates a-me

Attached: amazing-spider-man-2-clip-electro-new.jpg (666x341, 123K)

>I stopped reading cuz it doesnt matter
>i came into the thread to ask the question however
>I also remained for the answer

Just agree to being an idiot and keep it moving brainlet

>Do they just plan to ignore everything that happened in BvS and hope people forget?
>Diana Prince (Gal Gadot) is a famous public hero in 1984, retconning "Batman V. Superman: Dawn of Justice" and "Justice League", in which she abandoned humanity for 100 years after World War I.

Yes, user. Minus the "hoping."
They are all but explicitly instructing the audience to ignore that those movies happened.

So, will there be lesbians?

Hope it flops solely for Gal Gadot to disappear from the face of the earth

Attached: rexfeatures_9135827bv.jpg (1024x1629, 344K)

Captain Marvel was unironically better than Wonder Woman. Gal Gadot has the body of a 6'5 heroin addict and a head shaped like an egg. This movie is going to suck too. The only good DC movie since Nolan finished his Batman trilogy was Aquaman. Dispute any one of these facts, I dare you.

more like katherine bigdownlow lmao

>Captain Marvel was unironically better than Wonder Woman

no

Attached: 1557248435678.jpg (645x729, 48K)

It was, though. WW sucked.

>Bargains with the bad guy so she can ressurect a guy she knew for a week 70 years prior

Stop spoonfeeding retards newfag

>shitting more on Snyder's masterwork
Jfc. /Our guy/ didn't deserve this

Attached: whedon change 2.jpg (2768x1502, 997K)

You clearly fell for the memes and didn’t even watch Captain Marvel

So here's the situation
>Superman Returns bombed. HARD
>Green Lantern bombed. HARD
>Man of Steel did well. Not amazing but well. And created a small cult following
>Batman V Superman broke box office records, garnered a huge fanbase and is still discussed today despite a smear campaign by critics and shills
>Wonder Woman, produced by Snyder (that he also wrote the story for) did extremely well
>Suicide Squad broke more box office records and won an oscar

So what happens?
>lol let's fire Snyder and undo everything he did

>Bargains with the bad guy so she can ressurect the first guy she ever saw. The first guy she ever had sex with. The first guy friend she ever had. The first guy she ever met that not only turned out to be a good fuck but a heroic chad

Yea it makes perfect sense dummy. She was near childlike in that first movie. And we know how girls view their first love. I mean..you wouldnt but you get the point

I watched captain marbel, and not only was it worse as a movie, it was cheap and ugly to boot

>LITERALLY DRUMPF

>Maxwell Lord is a supervillain appearing in comic books published by DC Comics. The character first appeared in Justice League #1 (May 1987) and was created by Keith Giffen, J. M. DeMatteis, and Kevin Maguire.
>Depicted as a shrewd and powerful businessman, Maxwell Lord was influential in the formation of the Justice League International in the DC Universe.

>The Cold War was a period of geopolitical tension between the Soviet Union with its satellite states (the Eastern Bloc), and the United States with its allies (the Western Bloc) after World War II. A common historiography of the conflict begins between 1946, the year U.S. diplomat George F. Kennan's "Long Telegram" from Moscow cemented a U.S. foreign policy of containment of Soviet expansionism threatening strategically vital regions, and the Truman Doctrine of 1947, and ending between the Revolutions of 1989, which ended communism in Eastern Europe as well as in other areas, and the 1991 collapse of the USSR, when nations of the Soviet Union abolished communism and restored their independence.

>Diana Prince (Gal Gadot) is a famous public hero in 1984
>Diana is recruited by the United States government

Don't let anyone convince you otherwise, user. You're absolutely right. In no way are they adhering to the source material. This is all cutting corners and retrofitting stuff to dump of our beloved God Emperor. You're still tarping your house at night so Obama's black helicopters can't come and take your guns, right?! I've already said too much. We both know the Deep State is watching!

b-but there's nothing confirmed about H-Henry Cavil or Ben Affleck l-leaving the DCEU

Oh. Okay. I was going to keep doing what I wanted to, but now I'm totally going to stop because you told me to.

Attached: 1393397318538.jpg (564x331, 91K)

OH NO NO NO NO NO NO

Yes he did.

They writers said they took inspiration from Trump, bro.

Attached: Maxwell Lord.jpg (900x599, 128K)

Yes and what a TIMELY reference it is. Surely (((Hollywood))) would never make references to imply Trump is a villain. That would never ever happen. Because DC isn't hollywood and daddy bear snyder, creator of worlds and dreamer of dreams, would never let that happen in his objectivist kino, right?

Prepare for all the articles about the similarities and a woman beating up a fictional drumpf. i'll make sure you see them by spamming Yea Forums with them for years.

Blame Geoff Johns

Irrelevant response retard. Lurk more and stop embarrassing yourself newfag

In during Ladderbro posting

>Superhero films? I used to watch them but they've all kind of gone to shit lately eh?

Attached: boomer batman.jpg (1465x886, 122K)

>Lurk more and stop embarrassing yourself newfag

You know that every time you complain about a Trump reference, all you're doing is providing free advertising for the media?

I want to clean Gal’s pusy with my tongue, and let her use my face as her toilet.

Imagine being this retard.

>I'll make sure you see them by spamming Yea Forums with them for years.

Attached: iu.gif (500x269, 492K)

70 years
lots of people in her life must have died in that time, move on bitch, he even died by his own choice

Based

>Wonder Woman prequel

Why does DC always move sideways or backwards, never forward? Guess the execs weren't joking when they said "DC had no future". Shit, even the Batman film is gonna be a prequel, what a fucking joke!

>Obama's black helicopters
why do they have to be black asshole

So they can blend in with the night sky and not be seen, user. What? You don't think they're gonna come and get you at noon? That'd be too hard for the liberal media to ignore! They're meant to be tactical and stealthy so they can be in your house and have already taken your guns before you realize you need to pull them from your hip to use them!

We dont know if batman is a prequel you retard. There are rumors it is. There are rumors it isnt. There are rumors its early yrs before affleck and there are rumors its not tied to it at all and brand new standalone

>Why does DC always move sideways or backwards, never forward?
They moved forward with Shazam. But the dipshit that greenlit it didn't consider that the story essentially destroyed the entire cinematic universe.
So yeah, they have to either retcon a bunch of films or start fresh.

>But the dipshit that greenlit it didn't consider that the story essentially destroyed the entire cinematic universe.

Explain

absolute jewess.

>Batman V Superman broke box office records, garnered a huge fanbase and is still discussed today despite a smear campaign by critics and shills
It broke box office records for its OW in March and then when people actually saw it WoM was so negative that it's currently the only movie to have an OW of 150M+ domestically to not break a billion WW. It also lead to diminished hype to the brand leaving JL with a terribly low OW.
>Wonder Woman, produced by Snyder (that he also wrote the story for) did extremely well
A story that Patty and Johns worked on and changed during production as well as Patty straight up retconning Snyder's stupid shit about Diana being a coward.
>lol let's fire Snyder and undo everything he did
Yeah, because his movies underperformed and were mixed at best and JL would have been more of the same, the GA wouldn't have suddenly loved Snyder's films for JL, especially not what he had planned for JL2 and 3. I loved MoS and liked BvS and I want to see Snyder's cut of JL, but i don't blame WB in the slightest for dropping him

What? If anything Shazam is the only movie post BvS to be firmly within the DCEU, the others are mostly standalone

IT'S NOT FAIR!!!!!

First Spiderman gets great reviews and now we learn another DC movie is shit!

Attached: 1510835402634.jpg (1296x1910, 193K)

The film ends with 6 immature Supermen (but with lightning power as well) running around.
Yes. But they literally can't make a standalone film set after it cause any "big" event would beg the question why any of the Shazam people didn't just solve it

I still haven't watched the first movie and don't ever intend to

Attached: Wonder Woman 3x13 (2).webm (640x360, 2.86M)

>It broke box office records for its OW in March and then the smear campaign set in and killed its box office
Yes?
>A story that Patty and Johns worked on and changed during production as well as Patty straight up retconning Snyder's stupid shit about Diana being a coward.
The only thing they changed was the very end. This is a weird cope
>Yeah, because his movies underperformed
No?

Aquaman did just fine with Superman around

That is pretty much nonsense. See reddit watching mcu movies x15 times

Isreal is a county for a reason

Attached: nutmergency.gif (480x270, 640K)

This is an issue all comics have "why doesn't X show up" is a staple of comics and doesn't fucking matter

There is no reason why Superman would know about an underwater conflict. Also, Superman is just one person so stories that are too small or disconnected, it makes sense for him not to be involved.
When there are 6 more of him though...

Unf. Dude I think shes so hot

Literally the same character as Electro in Spiderman 2

>It broke box office records for its OW in March and then the smear campaign set in and killed its box office
It broke box office record because of hype, 3 years of buildup and some fantastic trailers made it look great, and then critics didn't like it and then when audiences saw it, it was incredibly mixed and bad WoM spread so fast that it not only tanked it's second weekend, but it also tanked in its own OW. again, it's the only movie to open at 150M+ and not break a billion.
>The only thing they changed was the very end. This is a weird cope
I could have sworn they changed more? If they didn't that's my bad.
>Yeah, because his movies underperformed
WB expected MoS to make a lot more (though that's WB just being dumb) and BvS should have made way, WAY more than it did, and given the complaints people had about BvS, the same stuff was present in Snyder's JL sequels and they didn't want to go down that route any more, it's wouldn't have been financially viable for them.

I'd very much like it if Wonder Woman squeezed my head with her thighs and made me kiss her boots

iCONICAL

Attached: gettyimages-1156740881-2048x2048.jpg (1363x2048, 1.19M)

have you read a capeshit comic before?

>bad writing in comic books should be ignored and carry through to their films
This is why the mcu is such dogshit

>Batman V Superman broke box office records
But fell spectacularly short of long-range expectations.

>garnered a huge fanbase
A vocal minority of obsessive fanboys.

>and is still discussed today despite a smear campaign by critics and shills
Only by said obsessive fanboys.

>everyone who doesn't think like me is an obsessive fanboy and doesn't count
Convenient

When you're spamming anyone even remotely related to WB with a hashtag even though there is literally no reason for WB to produce the cut, it's just silly. I know it's not everyone, but it's a lot of you

>Maxwell Lord (Pedro Pascal)
ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME

Attached: sam-neill-walks-the-red-carpet-ahead-of-the-sweet-country-screening-during-the-74th-venice-film-fest (1200x1200, 266K)

Now why would they get an old man to portray a young /fit/izen in the prime of his fertility and livelihood?

Attached: justice-league-generation-lost-13-maguire.jpg (900x1375, 252K)

WE DID IT REDDIT!

All of this is for the best anyway

Idk why people thought another Wonder Woman film in a post Caprain Marvel world would work. The female empowerment meme is dead. All WW has to fall back on is... "Hey let's just do Diana and Steve again, but this time in the 80s! Der!!".

DC is such a fucking joke after all their actors quit. If Gal Gadot actually had any other acting jobs beside this, she woulda quit too.

RIGHT?!
TOTALLY ORANGE MAN

Attached: Maxwell_Lord_015.jpg (515x589, 97K)

>Yea Forums saying Wonder Woman will bomb
We've been down this road before

Ever hear of sequelitis faggot? It's the new buzzword for films like Men In Black and Shaft who shit the bed. Please see for reference.

OK user. Yea Forums is great at picking flops and successes

Thats fine. I never watched capeshit before Snyder. I'll just go back to not watching it.

I googled the guy. He looks the part.

>Barbara Ann Minerva (Kristen Wiig) is an introverted archaeologist who admires Wonder Woman and wants to be like her. Lord grants her wish, turning Barbara into Cheetah. However, Barbara struggles to control her animal side, and lashes out when the public begins fearing her, forcing Wonder Woman to intervene. Cheetah believes Wonder Woman to have betrayed her, and swears revenge.
This is literally the plot of Electro in Amazing Spiderman 2.

I mean, I've never done that.
The fact that apparently so many are doing that should tell you how much the fanbase loved BvS. It is mind-bogglingly stupid not to release it considering they know the audience is there and they're retconning the films anyway

It's okay, user. It just means you and I have time to grab popcorn, because we know how fun this story is.

They won't release it because IT DOESN'T EXIST.

Thank God Cavill was a shit Superman

thats what haṕpens when you dont fuck kids

I mean, Refn made a film about how fucked up paedophilia is and amazon let him direct a 13 hour masturbation session (that's kino and also about how pedos should be shot)
So like...

>the skellington jew WW

That's a hard PASS

Attached: GalGadot.jpg (1385x2193, 320K)

Sam Neil is too old nowadays.

(sigh) So much for keeping a consistent continuity. We're never getting a leadup to an Avengers style movie that people actually like ever. Fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck. I mean Jesus, if Marvel pretended Thor the Dark World and Hulk still happened despite those movies sucking theres no reason DC couldn't have done the same thing. Ugh. Seriously. Fuck WB.

I just hope WW 1984 turns out to be good and we can put this whole damn angry era of DC behind us when they inevitably do hard reboot.

Fuck fuck fuck.

The future is female you puny incel

Attached: patty jenkins -variety-luncheon-05 (2).jpg (866x1222, 186K)

Based Carter poster.

Attached: WW 1x05.webm (640x360, 2.92M)

>Thank God Cavill was a shit Superman
Didn't Momoa say he was still onboard and that he was 'absolutely not done' as Superman. Assuming he's not gone he is likely only going to be in glorified cameos like Hulk or Loki?

He won't be onboard when WB doesn't put him in another film for 10 years

>thats what haṕpens when you dont fuck kids

For all his flaws as a filmmaker at least Snyder isn't a child rapist. Though the way people talk about him you'd think he was. It's a sad world we live in when movies directed by actual rapists are praised more than movies by people with some sort of moral character.

>For all his flaws as a filmmaker at least Snyder isn't a child rapist
how do you know exactly?

Who was saying this?

>He won't be onboard when WB doesn't put him in another film for 10 years

That'll make it sixty years since the last good Superman movie. Shame too. His brief scenes in Justice League show what could have been if the movie hadn't been a garbage fire.

I'd say cavill is a definite maybe. Agreed on the other two. We're looking at a recast for those two in the near future.

Maybe but probably not. I mean, that could work if there was anyone at DC with a working brain. You could have the 3rd movie in the trilogy end with Batman finally snapping because of Jasons death and becoming bat punisher, leading into BVS and JL where he's redeemed. But that's not going to happen. I actually liked BVS and I know thats not going to happen.

Only if he's jewish this wil lhave some sense.

>consistent continuity
stop being such an autist
just enjoy the movies on their own, not every movie should be just a commercial for a bigger movie down the road, get rid if that MCUcuck mentality

you can sense it in the honesty of his art

it seems odd to reboot everything but one piece.

That first movie fucking sucked jesus christ

keked hard

>just enjoy the movies on their own, not every movie should be just a commercial for a bigger movie down the road

That way of thinking is why DC will never be able to have the best selling movie franchise of all time while Marvel will. That's why they'll never have the hype or success Marvel does, thats why they'll always be the punchline of a cruel joke. Superman deserves first place! Superman deserves to have the number one box office of all time! Not Captain Marvel!

>That way of thinking is why DC will never be able to have the best selling movie franchise of all time while Marvel will.
how can I ever recover?

who the fuck is Captain Marvel compared to Superman 1978? You're an idiot who thinks box office and rotten tomatoes score is the end all be all of cinema

>have Cavil
>a perfect superman
>have affleck
>a perfect bruce wayne
>paired with shit writing and directing

Attached: terrible image.jpeg.jpg (1014x452, 130K)

Probably wont see the movie but god I want to cuddle with her

>it seems odd to reboot everything but one piece.

They're likely just trying to salvage what little they can to make up their losses after Justice League and after that hard reboot to make their entire universe like Marvel. Tons of jokes, tons of action, and no lasting consequences until they get to the 20th movie in their franchise where Thano- I mean Darkseid shows up to destroy humanity the Infinity Guan- I mean the Anti-Life Equation.

Only to then be mocked for 'ripping off Marvel' again and not being there first.

>Maxwell Lord

IT'S TIME BOYS

Attached: BlueBeetles.png (300x211, 83K)

they're not building to anything at all retard

>hope people forget
no, they're counting on the fact that most people didn't see it

>who the fuck is Captain Marvel compared to Superman 1978?

A movie that isn't a campy as balls cheesefest thats aged about as well as a sock in a jar of milk.

and more women went to see aquaman

gal gadot is cute. brie is not cute

>be marlel cuck
>oh great now I have to buy 22 blu rays to watch every movie chronologically or nothing will make sense. Even the turds like age of ultron, all thors and iron man 3

>be dchad
>I can get the movie I want because they are self contained masterpieces

I know. and thats the tragedy here. DC is never getting an Endgame movie. Never. Especially given once the movie theater model collapses and were going to be watching all our movies and TV shows on smartphones. We're never getting a good theatrical DC experience like Endgame.

>The Cold War was a period of geopolitical tension between the Soviet Union
Makes me wonder why the Soviets never had any superheroes among their populace. Sure, there were lots of superheroes or mutants with funny accents and some were probably even Ruskies, but they clearly lived in the states and lived the American dream.

>watching all our movies and TV shows on smartphones

Attached: david lenchh.png (640x443, 254K)

the MCU retconned stuff all the time
they're even trying to retcon Mandarin right now

Attached: tenor.png (500x240, 180K)

>We're never getting a good theatrical DC experience like Endgame
I did watch Aquaman in the theater

>I can get the movie I want because they are self contained masterpieces

Marvel proved that a franchise can be full of 'self contained' masterpieces and still build up to the greatest Superhero movie of all time.

Meanwhile. Superman is benched and bullied online for being irrelevant and stupid.

Endgame is objectively better than Aquaman because of the buildup. The climax to a building orgasm, Aquaman is more of a soothing lotion to assist in recovery after being burned in a car crash. . . several times. After we lost our cock and balls and will never have a climax like our rival ever again.

Endgame is objectively worse than Aquaman because it needs 21 movies to make any sense

Attached: Trident of Neptune.webm (850x480, 2.78M)

neck yourself

>the greatest Superhero movie of all time.

Attached: 1557683269783.jpg (218x231, 4K)

I feel nothing but pity for everyone involved. Nobody wanted this to happen. Nobody wanted DC to be in this position. But it's just the way things worked out. Or didn't. God just hates DC and loves megacorporation Disney. Why else would fucking Ant-Man make more money than fucking Superman?

Superman has been bullied by stupid zoomers much earlier than the MCU or DCEU you fucking retard

>Endgame is objectively worse than Aquaman because it needs 21 movies to make any sense

It's objectively better than Aquaman BECAUSE it needed 21 movies to make sense. Not that DC Eunuchs would understand.

>Superman has been bullied by stupid zoomers much earlier than the MCU or DCEU you fucking retard
Maybe they're right? Ever think of that? Why else would he have not had a good movie in literally fifty, going on sixty and maybe even 70 years?

>Ant-Man make more money than fucking Superman
that needs to happen first

Attached: 2804.jpg (511x400, 79K)

>It's objectively better than Aquaman BECAUSE it needed 21 movies to make sense
Marvel didn't invent TV shows or superhero serials

>Marvel didn't invent TV shows or superhero serials

. . . and edison didn't invent the lightbulb or the phonograph. Who's ultimately given credit for it?

Compare that to BVS and JLs box office. Also do some math comparing their production budgets to profit.

At this point I honestly wouldn't be suprised if Zack Snyder commits suicide. Poor guy. Bad enough to be involved with a movie nobody likes and the collapse of a franchise. Even worse to have all the hard work you put into it made worthless by the corporate overlords who fucked you over in the first place.

absolutely based.

Attached: 245745746764.jpg (334x506, 18K)

>Lord also grants Diana’s wish to reunite with Steve Trevor (Chris Pine), who is revived in the 1984, trading places with Diana as the fish out of water who must acclimate himself to a brave new world

Attached: Dm4uUh9W0AIcIHF.jpg (640x628, 42K)

>Patty Jenkins is a fucking MILF.

>Marvel proved that a franchise can be full of 'self contained' masterpieces
marvel has a masterpiece ratio of like 25% at most out of all their movies
the majority of their flicks are just dead weight to get to the post credits teaser for the next one
search your feelings, you know it to be true

He benches more than you squat fucking faggot kys

>post Caprain Marvel world
no one cares about captain marvel. It made a billion because "people" thought it was a prequel to avengers

So Aquaman is somewhat retconned as well because at the beginning of that movie they mention Steppenwolf.

hi disney

25% Masterpieces is still more than the DCEU has going for it. Which so far has maybe 4 good movies (if you're being generous to Man Of Steel). Only one of which is anywhere near a masterpiece.

>hi disney
Disney MCU has better acting and special effects than the 70's Superman movie and will be looked back on fondly by future fans. Dc wont

>Man of Steel not a masterpiece

Attached: As you can see here.png (500x623, 456K)

This is some serious bait.

so hype for this. loved the first one, i hop this one is good as well

Sure as fuck looks like it. Jesus DC if you're going to do this anyways just wipe the board completely clean and recast everyone including Gadot!

This is an american I guarantee it

willem dafoe and big guy batman were the best parts of any dc movie

chris pine was okay

everything else was bad to mediocre

>Also do some math comparing their production budgets to profit.
Why? Man Of Steel made 170mil before selling a single ticket from all the product placement and third party deals it had. Just admit you were fucking wrong about Ant-Man beating Superman

>I mean this is what she told us in BvS. Do they just plan to ignore everything that happened in BvS and hope people forget?

Again they're just gonna make a wonder woman and aquaman trilogy standalone as their own thing. then either hard recast and reboot the whole thing after those have run their course, or shelve the whole thing until the superhero movie has a renaissance in the 2030s.

no one remembers cares about that little detail except autists
the people who likes Aquachad remember the avenger and Meras qtness

>Why? Man Of Steel made 170mil before selling a single ticket from all the product placement and third party deals it had. Just admit you were fucking wrong about Ant-Man beating Superman

Antman still has a better RT rating and will continue to be in future movies played by the same actor and sell merchandise and be loved by fans and children for another decade. Superman will likely not get another movie ever again, and he definitely wont be played by the same actor.

so what?

Oy vey, that's anti-semite

>budget matters now but not when it's Shazam
>also, ant-man 2 balooned up to 225 million which is also MoS budget

>no one remembers cares about that little detail except autists

I expect these movies to at bare minimum respect my intelligence and not assume I'm a fucking retard who doesn't notice things like continuity. thats what set marvel and the Nolan-Batman movies apart in the beginning

wonder woman isn't an israeli

Attached: 9e7.jpg (249x249, 16K)

>recast Gadot
kys

>ant-man
>sell merchandise and be loved by fans and children for another decade
kek
even in endgame they joke about him being irrelevant to the kids

Attached: D3Goit5XcAAU8E9.jpg (377x373, 23K)

>Superman will likely not get another movie ever again
Now this is some top tier retardation. Superman had a movie after Superman IV. He had another movie after Returns. It probably wont be with the same actor but Superman will be back

>Endgame is so forgotten after 2 months that they're already re-releasing it

Wonder Woman 1 already retconned BvS and they even talked about this, they're just going all out now

great. i can't wait

Not for another decade at least. and I'm not looking forward to them fucking him up again. If he hasn't had a good movie in years I'd rather he not have a movie at all. Because we all know the second they fuck up, you'll just shame and threaten the people involved again. for fucking up

It didn't retcon it. It inferred she was just doing her superheroics in hiding/secret. Not in the open. This outright confirms it.

>Because we all know the second they fuck up, you'll just shame and threaten the people involved again
When did I do that? We were talking about the Box Office and you went off the rails

So this is how the orc women looked like.

>When did I do that? We were talking about the Box Office and you went off the rails

Look up some of the archived threads sometime. Death threats and rape threats and mocking a dead girls suicide. Totally something superman would do if someone made a bad movie starring him.

this was another retcon in Justice League
BvS said she ABANDONED mankind, but in her movie she didn't, as she says "I stay, I fight"

>BvS said she ABANDONED mankind, but in her movie she didn't, as she says "I stay, I fight"

She changed her mind. Not a complete retcon. This was a complete retcon. She didn't say she abandoned she said she 'turned her back' for a while. That could be something as simple as taking a break or whatever. Not that nitpicking over any of this bullshit matters anymore because DC isn't getting a second chance at it's own MCU anytime soon.

>She changed her mind.
she didn't abandon mankind in the solo movie
and they even talked about how they retconned it because "wonder woman would never abandon mankind", during the Justice League press tour

>for a while
she literally says "a hundred years ago I walked away from mankind, from a century of horrors", meaning she stopped being Wonder Woman all the way to the moment Doomsday appeared

And in context, her entire discourse at the end of BvS is in complete odds with the discourse at the end of WW

The illiterate shithead Zack Snyder ruined Wonder Woman just as much as he did Batman and Superman. It is just that the character is so beloved and female superheroes are so needed that the film did gokd despite his piss poor adaptation.

For fuck's sake. The idiot had "the power of love
triumphs" in the finale, but stupidly kept the whole Zeus is her father lot twizt from the awful New52 retcon. Even the comics got rid of that garbage thanks to Rucka coming back on WW.

To say nothing of the horrible WWI setting. If thise second Wonder Woman is as historically accurate as the first film, I expect this 80s set film to see Wonder Woman going to Woodstock and fighting in Vietnam.

Snyder's stench has ruined these films. I await a reboot to clear out this trash.

Attached: 1544709598552.jpg (600x800, 67K)

Will DC ever recover from what Snyder did? Aquaman did big numbers and Shazam was good but they can't seem to get away from the Snyder era

Again. It doesn't fucking matter anymore. No more continuity. No more DC universe. Al hail the Marvel Master race while the DC subhumans have to toil away in the bitcoin mines while their Disney overlords shit on their suffering.

How did Aquaman made more money than Spider-Man? Is the MCU over?

Attached: Aquaman.jpg (1080x1920, 501K)

literal mental illness

Clearly he doesn't understand Snyder's deep religious symbolism that made Man Of Steel a modern masterpiece.

Attached: this is super fine.jpg (516x438, 30K)

>>Will DC ever recover from what Snyder did?

Warner Brothers mandating BVS that ultimately ruined the DCEUs chances. Not Snyder. If the standalone superman movie he wanted to make had been godawful? Okay. It would have ruined that character but there would have still been Batman and other characters to work with. Warner saying you must make it with batman and wonderwoman and have all these plot points crammed in along with what you originally wanted to do. THATS what fucked things up.

Thats not to absolve him. Thats just me stating facts. He has some blame. But in the scheme of things he's the tip of the iceberg. Warner brothers was the part below the surface that did the damage that sunk the ship.

Will DC ever recover? If by that you mean 'will I ever see good DC movies again?' of course. If by that you mean 'will I ever see DC ever be like Marvel and rise to the top like they did? No. Hard to say but no. After Endgame. They'll always be seen as derivative of the competition.

Man of steel was a good movie. The movies that came after it were not. Jor-El was the best damn thing in that movie. Shame we'll never see him again after this fiasco.

As more of a DC fan then a Marvel fan, I am fucking dumbfounded how badly these movies with Batman and Superman can do compared with these lesser known Marvel properties. If they can't make decent films with the big three, how the fuck do i expect to see lesser known DC heroes I like on screen?

Attached: owch_my_face_by_vorkedlarfleeze-d3frfqo.jpg (894x894, 82K)

>If they can't make decent films with the big three, how the fuck do i expect to see lesser known DC heroes I like on screen?

The soft sabotage of impossible expectations. Nobody expected Aquaman to be good. So when it wasn't godawful people loved it more than they would have otherwise. Everyone has impossible expectations of a batman or Superman movie. The fact they were bad exacerbated the problem, but even if they had just been 'okay' people would have still treated them like garbage from hell for not being the greatest Superman movie or Batman movie ever or greatest Superhero movie ever made in general.

(OP)
Are we just supposed to pretend that Wonder Woman wasn't supposed to be a secret to everyone but Trevor and the a few soldiers she helped?
I mean, fuck a big fucking plot point was the whole importance of Batman's finding that one sole picture of her from WWI and Superman being the first public superhero.
Now everyone knows about her since the 80s?

Attached: 1559594812731.jpg (540x581, 52K)

>How did Aquaman made more money than Spider-Man? Is the MCU over?

Aquaman is the only DCEU movie to not underperform or outright bomb. They're still the losers.

Man Of Steel was a horrible start. Snyder blew his load with a retread of Spuerman II having Zod with a whole alien invasion film that blew up most of Metropolis. Then he literally reanimates the dead corpose of the prior villain in the sequel to make him Doomsday. Man Of Steel was a foundation made of straw that Snyder and Warners built their whole miserable new film franchise on.

Attached: 1495016620213s.jpg (124x115, 2K)

People like you are the reason Superman will never have a good movie ever again.

Attached: hp7dHSz.jpg (1096x800, 223K)

too bad the MCU is like 90% made of bombs then

I'm not going to have this argument again. He wanted his son to have a normal life and live as a man. I wonder if we even watched the same movie. Just fuck off man. Fuck off and be miserable somewhere else.

Attached: 1560370722346.gif (200x200, 3.85M)

manofsteelanswers.com/?s=tornado

>Aquaman is the only DCEU movie to not underperform or outright bomb.
Wonder Woman didn't bomb and Suicide Squad made more money than half the MCU without china money. The DCEU isn't on the same level of the MCU so you don't even need to lie like this

It's just no goddamn fair.

>Cheetah

More catgirls is always a good thing.

Attached: Cat is fine too.jpg (600x857, 65K)

Based

Will the photographer be killed if he posts some nip slip photo?

Attached: 1548643732751s.jpg (208x199, 8K)

>Movies don't take source material and update them to today's standards
Dilate

I though nobody knew about her?
Now the government can just recruit her? Also, why the fuck would she agree when she is was supposed to be staying out of human affairs?
Justice League is not supposed to be like the Avangers, they don't work with the military or government.

Attached: __wonder_woman_dc_comics_and_wonder_woman_series_drawn_by_o_pan__91a9ec02d395772ff1f49b87df3910c4.jp (2480x3508, 841K)

do they make these plots so stupid so they fall more neatly into the Hollywood cookie cutter

>Movies don't take source material and update them to today's standards

Isn't that exactly why people hated the last few Superman movies? Because they tried to update him to fit in with 'modern' values? DC heroes who aren't batman cannot work in a modern day setting because they're so old.

>Sociopath
>Saves people from dying on Oil rig.
>defends human race from aliens
>feels bad when he has to take a life to save others

Grow the fuck up.

>Even the comics got rid of that garbage thanks to Rucka coming back on WW.
Rucka's second run was garbage
Also, no, Zeus is still her father and she even has a twin brother.

All these superhero plots sound stupid when you lay them out like this

>Also, why the fuck would she agree when she is was supposed to be staying out of human affairs?
She isn't. Wonder Woman always meddles in human affairs
>Justice League is not supposed to be like the Avangers, they don't work with the military or government.
The Justice League doesn't exist yet and Wonder Woman acts as a diplomat half the time anyway

yeah but I just find it annoying how movies always have to link characters together that don't need to be, like Max Lord doesn't need to make Cheetah but he does because of stupid Hollywood movie logic

>She isn't. Wonder Woman always meddles in human affairs
I'm taking about this time period
BvS and Justice League made it a big deal that she stayed the fuck out wars and other human conflicts, staying out of the public's eye.

the DCEU is actually much more like the comics with all the cancellings and relaunches and retcons

get dabbed on

Attached: 1560468354723.jpg (1000x1185, 424K)

Why use Zod as the world threatening villain, not Brainiac?
You could even tie it into Darkseid because Brainiac wanted to preserve Metropolis because he knew Darkseid was coming to turn Earth into a hellpit filled desolate world.

Attached: superman-brainiac-hc.jpg (400x581, 64K)

you're thinking too much, you have to think like a hollywood executive

Let's be fair. Spider-man is a Sony controlled franchise on its second miserable reboot. Plus its last film needed a "Please notice me, MCU sempai" cameo from Iron Man as well as an intro from a Captain America / Avengers film.

Attached: ironman homecumming guest starring spider-man 1495909563321.jpg (504x747, 144K)

>it's Sony's fault
embarassing
they made Venom a bigger hit

I know. Someone with even passing knowledge of the comics or even just the animated series could make a better plan for a series of Superman films. Back in college(on the early 00s) I remember saying that was my dream idea of a new DC cinematic universe starting with a smaller Superman film. You could even have Intergang in it and have Superman think Braniac is giving them the tech when it turns out it's all run by Apocalypse. You could even have Clark actually be a reporter in the film, perusing a major crime story.

Even back in high school, after that Batman & Robin fiasco, I couldn't understand why Warners didn't put people like Timm and company from the animated series in charge of the live action films. They knew how these characters work and how to form a larger universe. Of course the answer is that Hollywood is full of hacks with connections and insipid studio politics.

Attached: bruce timm superman 1285132056515.jpg (560x863, 64K)

I just don't understand how 70 posters in this thread, whether you like DC or MCU, can obviously see a bomb incoming but the producers can't. Crazy.

So current DCU consists of Shazam and Family, Aquaman and Wonder Women.

They could do worse desu.

Not saying WW84 will bomb. Just saying we always seem to be right.

>I know. Someone with even passing knowledge of the comics or even just the animated series could make a better plan for a series of Superman films
My ideal Superman origin movie is a mix between the first three episodes of the animated series and Grant Morrison's first arc of New 52 action comics.

Yeah. Thanks to the mindless drones in China liking Sony's trash. It made more there than America and was over 1/4 of its total box office. It made more there than Spider-man Homecoming.

>Yea Forums
>Can see a bomb coming.
The film probably wont be good but it wont bomb either

Attached: 1458938895727.jpg (682x600, 225K)

>Just saying we always seem to be right.
Who has the picture where we went 4/4. You know the one.

I have to wonder when 80s nostalgia fatigue will set in. Will people be sick of it yet? Have people moved onto 90s nostalgia already? I saw Saved by the Bell shirts and Pogs on sale the other day. It's ridikulos.

Attached: balki perfect-strangers.jpg (90x150, 4K)

Sounds familiar.

We' will go into full 90's nostalgia sometime around mid 2020's

45 year old roasty with no children wishes she could be a woman 10 years young with two kids.

This, I believe.

>defending shit writing for capeshit
>telling someone to grow up
Not that user but you should seriously take your own advice. I literally cringed reading that

Pigtails and Bobby Socks = Best Wonder Woman

youtube.com/watch?v=2RPe3UjK2rs