Is pic related the best comedy series of all time?

is pic related the best comedy series of all time?

Attached: 81l9Z3RKwsL._RI_.jpg (1600x1200, 491K)

It became shit post-wedding, worse when Mark got a kid.

That's not Vice Principals so no

does jeremy talk like a character out of clockwork orange on purpose?

I watched a few episodes of VP and it was pretty meh. Should I give it another go? Does it take a while to hit its stride?

Fucking this, Dobby was shite.

Walt Goggins puts in the best comedy performance in years in S1

I literally just watched the episode where Dobs is introduced. So it's all downhill from here, eh? What based Brit comedy should I go with next? Are Fawlty Towers and Father Ted must-watch?

Season 8 and 9 were fucking awful. They had one good episode between them. Which is a shame because I feel the show really peaked with season 7.

For me it's Big Suze

I'm an aprilfag

Fawlty Towers is better than Father Ted, but Father Ted is still very good. Blackadder Goes Forth, Extras and The Office are some other very good UK comedies.

White Gold is a pretty great recent Brit comedy.

Ep2 is pretty god tier, they're not very technically skilled at comedy though.

For me, it's Alan Johnson. His charisma and business acumen really gets my juices flowing (in a completely non-sexual way).

TAKE ME, JOHNSON!

It has a dedicated following by a certain type of person. Best comedy series of all time? Maybe the collective opinion here would be different, but I don't think so. For me it would be something widely popular (though not necessarily on here) like Friends or Only Fools and Horses.

yeah, but the christening episode was kino

What would that "certain type of person" be?

People who identify strongly with Mark and to a lesser extent Jeremy.

british """""humor"""""

I wonder how much Mark would've paid for that flat in Croydon. Seemed quite comfortable. Only thing I don't understand about flats from that era is why the kitchen and living room are in separate rooms and not open plan, despite being right next to each other.

>friends is the funniest show of all time

Normie detected.

Attached: rinnigan_pepe.jpg (1024x1024, 135K)

Wow! Thanks for that opinion, random guy on a shit message board!

Failed the same reason Sunny failed. Gays.

Keep watching, it's not as good as the glory years but it's still worth watching till the end, there's still some kino episodes ahead.

It's not even in the top 30

0 quotable jokes

on the other hand seinfeld has thousands

literally everyone know who the soup nazi is

Clockwork orange was based off british youth subcultures (in the book their style resembles mods, in the movie skinheads and punks), Jez is like a continuation of that. It's not intentional in "they're referencing clockwork orange", it's intentional in "british youths love themselves some weird retarded slang". Not only youths but you know what I mean.

A two-bedroom in the building came up a little while ago. The kitchen and glass door in the main room to the balcony were super similar.

Look up Zodiac Court Croydon on Rightmove/Zoopla

You're welcome

That's a really stupid claim to make given the popularity of the show but we are on Yea Forums after all.

It's old school vs modern cooking. Deep frying, cooking fish, fried breakfasts. These are smells you want to be able to shut out of your main living area. Re-heating a plastic tray in the microwave is not so invasive. All new flats are open plan and usually shit to actually live in.

a show doesn't have to have quotable jokes to be successful, only autists constantly repeat jokes from tv shows

Hundreds of quotable jokes

I bet you're an American

That's not The Mighty Boosh so no

>Yes, dad
>What's that?
>Yes, daddy-o

>woe is me I’m such a loser, I only fuck one girl per episode

really? I thought the show post-series 1 had too many forced quips that get less amusing and insightful as the show progresses

Jeremy's room is in between the kitchen and living room also open plans have only been big the last ten years or so and probably will be out of style in another two

Series 1 and 2 abso-fruitley KINO.

Series 3 decent.

Series 4 onwards - absolute trash.

End of season 4 with the wedding could've been a PERFECT place for it to finish but I like some elements of S5 after rewatching it several times but I'll admit I didn't like it as much compared to when I first saw it.

1-4 are absolutely perfect
5-7 not as good but still great
8-9 were an awful waste of time apart from the paintball episode

1>2=3>4=6>>>

>9 (Dead)
fitting

>Good save

>it's a gobl- Sophie episode

Attached: 1560679228336.jpg (349x326, 61K)

yes, yes it is

It's amazing how unlikable Sophie's actress is in this show in the later seasons while being cute/endearing early and also great in Broadchurch. She's really talented.

best wifu coming through. Why is she so perfect?

Attached: download.jpg (610x344, 20K)

She has an Oscar now
didn't see the movie but I'm sure she deserved it

The female-centric episodes are almost always awful. Especially the Sophie, Nancy, Dobbie, and April ones.

For me, it's Porridge

Jeremy was an utter fool to leave her

Attached: methinkstheladydothprotesttoomuch.webm (480x272, 1.43M)

didnt she move out the building?

why do girls with these type of faces turn me on so much? she's not even very hot

>Father Ted
>Brit
>Uk
You faggots say Mrs Browns boys is Irish but cling onto Father Ted.

I'm Irish and yes Father Ted was a British TV show. Was it or was it not broadcast on Channel 4 a British TV channel?

the actress is acting unlikable because Mark doesn't doesn't like her anymore.

Of course but it's still damn good acting

Irish writers, set in Ireland, Irish actors, Irish humor and intended for Irish audiences.
If Father Ted was considered shit the brits would never try to claim it.

Thawlts on James Joyce? I'm about to read Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man. How much lube will my brain need to tackle Ulysses and the endgame of all literature, Finnegans Wake?

I am a fairly avid reader and Ulysses was a headache, I would read the same page over and over again and it would not stick inside my brain.
It is considered one of the most difficult books to read in the English language, there are loads of guides on how to read it.

I must go back and read it some day, apparently it is hilarious.

Yup, exactly. I'm currently reading The Sound and the Fury by Faulkner, who was inspired by Joyce, and it's the same issue: the stream of consciousness makes it challenging to digest information and glean insight. That said, it's a rewarding read written by a clear genius so one must embrace it.

Fair travels, my friend.

Can second this, was presently surprised. And the sound track is fucking banging.

League of Gentlemen
Alan Partridge

Both good too.

A female US remake could be good, if they have the temerity to make the Corrigan a girlboss corporate feminist with a crappy career

American """""spelling"""""

>literally everyone know who the soup nazi is
I don't.

or you can cook thing that smell nice

>The Mighty Boosh
>good
pick only one

James Joyce can't write for shit

>best comedy thread
>ctrl-f "Smoking Room"
>no hits
Are you fagets even trying?

no it couldn't
a US remake would only have the potential to be good were they to not try and copy the characters or plots and simply use the format

fuck off cleanshirt

And your opinion on literature is worth something why?

Keep watching, it's very much worth it and not a case of "all downhill from here" like the other anons are saying.

my gf (literature phd) says he sucks

dumb bint couldn't follow ulysses and now slags him off lmao

non-STEM PhDs have a very low barrier to entry, sad to say. some of those fellows are brilliant, but others not so much. it's one thing to not care for Joyce, but to say he "can't write for shit"... well, that's just an invalid opinion.

Mark's eyes have always frightened me. Reminds me of that monologue from Jaws about shark eyes. Large black eyes like a doll's eyes.

>Not quotable
>Free the Paedos

no, it's saxondale

Attached: Saxondale_Secondary.jpg (1000x675, 268K)

i dunno, she reads/writes a lot. mostly french

It's pretty damn good is what it is. Didn't get worse with time which is a wonder considering how long it aired.
"The best" anything is subjective.

Nice. I'm a big Maupassant and Proust guy myself. Also love Baldwin but he probably doesn't count. Have to get into Hugo, Dumas, Flaubert and others.

What’s so great about sex anyway? It’s all the mind. Her soft skin is just a big bag full of kidneys and mucus and half-digested bits of pie. I bet she’s got really nice kidneys. Oh yeah, I’d f*** those kidneys real good.