The Mini-series is my favourite format

The Mini-series is my favourite format.
what are some kino mini-series.

pic related obviously

Attached: 200px-JohnAdamsHBO[1].jpg (200x267, 25K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_3CH_azOMh4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

The scene between him and King George III of Great Britain is pure kino.

I, Claudius
Shogun
Shaka Zulu
Tinker Tailer Soldier Spy

Tom Hollander is great, he's in The Night Manager miniseries which is great and has Debicki, and he plays John Ruskin in Desperate Romantics miniseries which is ok.

Attached: young-pope.jpg (968x681, 74K)

Also the scene where he disowns his son

Based TTSSanon

Generation Kill
The Terror

I like how each court John Adams visits was shot and framed in a way resembling historical paintings from those countries: British, French and especially Dutch.

With George III scene the framing of course underlines his future madness. Hollander should play only guys in wigs.

why not try the highest rated miniseries on imdb

Attached: image.jpg (250x370, 68K)

Shackleton technically although I watched it in one big 4.5 hour format. Shame HBO is having trouble with shooting their Andrew Jackson series. I'm gonna watch Fall of Eagles I hope that's good.

Dad Boot exists as a mini series (the original, not the sequel)

the one where they're building a cathedral, I forget the name but I remember Hayley Atwell's tits fondly

Also that scene where he barges in on Ben Franklin taking a bath with Madame Helvétius.

To continue with kino British drama:

Brideshead Revisited
Fortunes of War

Attached: dyatlov.jpg (1242x1309, 1.13M)

From the Earth to the Moon
youtube.com/watch?v=_3CH_azOMh4

Basically every scene where he's indignantly yelling at someone is kino

Is it any good or is it just americans patting themselves on the back and John Adams going around being all bbc sherlock holmes tier intellectual and shitting on everyone?

>I, Claudius
Seconding this. Bit dated by todays standards, but if you're interested in history, it's worth watching. Despite being 40 years old, it's still shocking at times.

Not quite mini series, but a series of made for TV movies series. Sharpes War and Hornblower. Must watch for anyone interested in the Napoleonic wars.
Both series get's a bit stale towards the last episodes though.

Attached: 456.jpg (400x397, 26K)

>I, Clavdivs
Speaking of which

Attached: p346941_b_v8_ad.jpg (960x1440, 199K)

Oh shit I can't believe I forgot about it. I watch it regularly but I'd like another show about that. This time going all the way to ASTP.

>John Adams going around being all bbc sherlock holmes tier intellectual and shitting on everyone?
No he's portrayed as a man of ideals and integrity who eventually compromises both and debases himself almost to the point of turning into a literal goblin.

Based Derek Jacobi.

Red Riding is unadultered kino of the greatest magnitude.

Did John blow Abigails ass out irl like he did in the show lads? Hottest sex scene I've ever scene.

I believe they often fucked outside in the snow lying on a fur coat.

I like you

This one's a bit offbeat and I never hear anyone talking about it on Yea Forums, possibly because it involves in a woman and that fact cremates their incel brains, but try Top of the Lake. New Zealand kino about a woman returning home to a fucked-up rural town with some real fucked-up characters. It's great.

Also fuck you /pol/ leave Yea Forums and never come back. For the record.

The Take starring Tom Hardy.

Attached: the-take-tv-series-b8ae213d-af90-46a4-b785-d8951986515-resize-750.png (600x383, 93K)

Seconded. It’s really good. The atmosphere reminded me of Twin Peaks a bit.

When he and Jefferson died at the end I almost cried.

Your recommendations are fruit of the poisoned tree. Take them to reddit and resetera.

this one

Attached: MV5BOTZkMDViYzQtMGNhNi00N2EyLWI2ZTQtM2FiOWNlNWYyYjEwXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjExMjk0ODk@._V1_SY1000_CR0,0,70 (705x1000, 186K)

imagine that shit ACTUALLY happened though
a staunch republican meeting with the monarch he fought against
who not that long ago would have had him killed
fucking walking into the belly of the beast and making nice with him for political reasons
and it actually happened
what a lad

I like Top of the Lake but I also like white nationalism.

Taboo... mmmmmm

neato, americans have a bad habit of idolizing their founding fathers like flawless deities.

This was really disappointing.

No just Washington.

It was freaking depressing seeing him grow so old.

They're right. Aside from losing some battles at the beginning of his career and Whiskey Rebellion.

it's not the typical yank "america fuck yeah" shit. it tries to be as real as possible when it comes to the characters and what happened to them in history. if you're interested in the revolution it's kind of nice seeing these things put to life.

is it just me or was laura linney an absolute babe in this show

Attached: abigail adams.jpg (1200x675, 57K)

18th century American enlightened republicanism is one of the most wonderful ideas of Western Civilization (not making a list, Western Civilization had tons of great ideas). Americans can milk it however they can as far as I'm concerned. Besides the slavery issue there's not a lot for regressives to complain about (and many founding fathers were against it). Unlike other interesting and glorious periods like most of the 19th century but this will be ruined by any studio because muh ebul capitalism made work so hard.

Summer Heights High and Angry Boys, Lilley's other stuff is a little too bizarre or subtle to be as funny as those two

Attached: _97123498_mediaitem97123497.jpg (660x371, 38K)

The guy that played Washington was amazing in this series.

Attached: e1976b66619b063ae34e49054dbf1164.jpg (220x300, 13K)

Did you mean I, CLAVDIVS?

>Cadfael
Speaking of which.

Has anyone seen the new TV version of The Name of the Rose?
Jesus fuck what a travesty.
In the first episode were treated to a version of William of Baskerville that is borderline omnipotent.
There's one scene in the first episode where William is able to deduct that a couple of monks they meet on their way to the monastery is searching for the bishops horse, the horses color and the fucking name of the horse and that it has rode of a cliff just by observing some broken branches and a tuft of horse mane on a bush.

It's season 4 Sherlock tier bad.

That and they've added a bunch of storylines that has nothing to do with the murders at the monastary. Pretty much only to get more female actors squezed in.

Attached: 1-j.turturro-d.hardung_d0b2867fabiolovino-1.jpg (1000x563, 465K)

shoo tranny

First inauguration scene was a perfect example of a historical event made realistic and therefore less dramatic but still keeping the power and dignity.

The horse bit is in the book as I recall.

Anyone watch Years and Years? Final eposode aired last night.

Attached: 4096.jpg (1200x630, 147K)

>Is it any good or is it just americans patting themselves on the back and John Adams going around being all bbc sherlock holmes tier intellectual and shitting on everyone?
It actual sets the revolution up was what it really was, an English Civil war which you never see it portrayed as.

Well then fuck me then, it was far to retarded for me to buy into. I'm only familiar with the Sean Connery film.

Attached: 1433780479510.gif (414x317, 674K)

Based and popepilled.

Attached: 2ad5a6bc5c59cee8c39985fe75ad4ba5c67b9c2c537ec86a0d7e2bf14af088ce084b5c5071f1bf6eb699639e6fe4bc45.jpg (780x598, 158K)

The film is shit. Somehow in the book the horse incident isn’t all that egregious.

Cannot day enough good things about Tinker Tailor and Smiley’s People with Alec Guinness. Phenomenal miniseries.

The Terror

Attached: The.Terror.S01E02.Gore.1080p.AMZN.WEB-DL.DDP5.1.H.264-NTb.mkv_snapshot_02.08_[2018.04.29_13.53.47].j (1920x1080, 252K)

Also, Prime Suspect is a good detective show with based Helen Mirren.

>second post mentions shogun
I am not disappoint

Bleak House (from the 2000s) is pretty good desu

I'm a big fan of those book adaptions from the early 2000's wish there had been some more
>Dune
>Dinotopia
>The Mists of Avalon

It helped that he was always the biggest dude in the room by far but was always soft spoken, so the one time he gets genuinely angry was terrifying.

He was good in True Detective Season 2 as well

I second this. It was fucking great.

Empire Falls on HBO. I just rewatched it and it's a wee bit dated but it's got Ed Harris and a little Philip Seymour Hoffman and it's just comfy.