cosmicbook.news/godzilla-vs-king-kong-cineeurope-footage-release-date?amp

Attached: download.jpg (242x208, 12K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/67byKF_tdbE?t=89
youtube.com/watch?v=jq5WSQy1ocQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>blair witch (2016)
>death note

These are the directors biggest accolades, fuck, I hope he does well here.

Attached: godzilla facepalm.jpg (1209x1054, 456K)

Really liked KOTM when I first saw it, and I hope to see it one more time before the cinema puts it away for more capeshit. Glad to hear the Kaiju scenes will be just as good as before.

Also, hyped for the potential Mothra standalone should this do well.

Attached: Gojira Pepe.jpg (904x596, 169K)

On the other hand, he also did You're Next and The Guest, which were both good.
I'm keeping my fingers crossed for this one.

From what I heard, Michael Dougherty co-wrote the script and has personally endorsed GvK. So I'm having some thoughts of cautious optimism. For as long as Mulan doesn't fuck them over in the box office, they'll be fine.

It's clear they're planning on continuing this but I can't see how they could do it properly. Focusing on Asian market? They will have to be scaled down considerably and the expensive spectacle is why they go see it in the first place. They can't win. I just want them to finish the story and only if it does well rethink their strategy.

Wasn't there a leak that showed they actually had a Destroy All Monsters movie planned to come out after Vs Kong?? I wonder how conclusive Kong is going to feel if it really is our last one now due to the underperformance

Hopefully they won't delete entire sequences to conserve the costs this will only make it worse. I wonder about other monsters. In KotM they were portrayed by the Ghidorah actors and they're not in Godzilla vs. Kong. They shot their scenes in 2 days so they could've helped with the other movie as well. I'd really like to see all the remaining titans they can't just tease them and that's it.
And I'm worried about the release date. Too close to Mulan and it's dead.

Attached: 1560903711208.jpg (834x1024, 124K)

I'm very worried they're going to axe a significant amount of the monster action and just fill it with dialogue scenes in reshoots. The vfx is where all the money goes to for this stuff, and they still have time to probably can entire sequences if they feel it's worth doing so. At this point I'm worried that to them they care less about making a return on investment with this movie by making it good and hoping for a success and more-so just want to get anything out there just to get it over with after already filming the damn thing.

Is it too much to ask for a nice monsterverse?

You live in it but not for long.

Attached: a8xrshf88b531.jpg (896x2000, 321K)

The hope is that based Dougherty (who did KOTM and is pretty much becoming the Feige of MS) worked on the script and gave some pointers to the guy.

>The hope is that based Dougherty (who did KOTM and is pretty much becoming the Feige of MS) worked on the script and gave some pointers to the guy.
This is actually true by the way.

>KOTM is going to finish with about 340 mil
Jesus Christ.

At least we can oficially say that GvK is making more than KOTM, Kong is still a recognizeable name in the west and hopefully KOTM manages to grow a bit until march next year. Then and it's all set for a respectable 650 mil (if the film is good and Mulan flops) niche film about giant monsters.
aka it's not a flop but it'll be the end of the franchise

Based

Attached: 9B8B1849-7F45-411E-A603-CB7D350EAC9F.jpg (505x595, 242K)

Dougherty just shit the bed with KotM. why would his involvment be a source for optimism? actually I'm sure it's this that made them delay the relase and do reshoots.

I don't think Mulan is going to do better than Aladdin. There's probably going to be controversy about the fight like a man song and no mushu.

Any good Godzilla v Kong wallpapers out there yet? I need something to replace my Zilla wallpaper

Then I guess Legendary/WB is only pretending that things are fine. They said that they're not super happy but they're fine with it as long as KotM is among the top 5 highest grossing WB movies of the year and that they're gonna try to rethink their strategy since it's doing so well in Asia. It doesn't mean they're gonna make more movies even if Toho wants it but in the unlikely event that Mulan doesn't slaughter GvK at the box office they may go on hiatus for some time. They can return whenever and continue from where they stopped it's not like time is the issue here unlike other series with aging actors.

Are they doing the songs? I heard they were considering skipping them to do a more traditional chinese epic instead of a musical.
Mushu being out is a positive tho, people will congratulate Disney on removing a random black stereotype from this asian story.
Fuck I'm worried, lads. Does Mulan release a couple of weeks after GVK at least?

I think there are only some fanmade posters but they don't look great. I was looking for Godzilla wallpapers just two days ago. KotM inspired lots of art, some just taken from the frames from the movie or textless art used in the posters.

Imagine how well it's going to do in China which is a very important market for Monsterverse.

Attached: Godzilla-wallpaper.jpg (1320x1100, 123K)

HE'S IN.
HE'S FUCKING IN.
youtu.be/67byKF_tdbE?t=89

Attached: Clover.png (2560x1440, 1.5M)

>but they're fine with it as long as KotM is among the top 5 highest grossing WB movies of the year
we're fucked

Pikachu and Shazam already fit the bottom 2 with 420 mil and 360 mil respectively. Up next Warner has WW84, Joker and IT: Part 2. All are making more than 340 mil.

In fact even December would be a better time to release it. Seriously it's free for taking without Avatar. There are a couple months that are both good for movies and relatively uneventful next year. They're really risking another disaster with another Disney remake fueled by missplaced nostalgia, popular song and power of the most profitable overseas markets.

WW is 2020 and KotM will make more than Shazam. I'm only worried if they meant it in terms of net income.

Mulan is being touted as a 300+ million budget Chinese Epic and not just a remake of the original.
With that big of a budget we can expect some violent marketing, both in US and China.

Hopefully China's autistic xenophobia comes at play here and they take a dislike for americans trying to tell chinese history.

I like this one. Sadly its low res to use as a wallpaper

Attached: 1553619784610.jpg (1080x1080, 216K)

Will Kong have his electricity powers?

Damn how does wb think they're gonna go up against that beast? It's real life clash of the titans.

based real life imitating art.
Can we get meme GvK into success?
I mean, this is Yea Forums, where meme magic was discovered.

>There's probably going to be controversy about the fight like a man song and no mushu.
and the enemy being a witch instead of the Hun.

Fucking what? They're getting rid of Shan Yu?

>yfw final showdown city title appears on screen in big letters Tokyo

Attached: 52902827_2063695950382173_1988673414004473856_n.jpg (564x951, 62K)

youtube.com/watch?v=jq5WSQy1ocQ
this better be in the movie

They already have the chants so it will have the same feel that's for sure. It's sad that with all the music to choose from general audience won't know the wonders of Sacred Springs and Ghidorah theme.

I hope Bear McCreary will do the score.

From KOTM Novel
>Kong heard Ghidorah calling all the Titans
>Kong heard the Titans responding
>its implied Kong heard and felt Godzilla's presence
>Kong decides to ignore all the callings
>he doesn't want to get involved
>he doesn't want any of "others" aka Titans on or near his island
>he knows change is coming
>this thought makes him feel restless and angry
>he doesn't want change
>Kong wants to be left alone in his island
>underneath the island he feels movement but stops
>he decides to go hunting

Wow Kong is so xenophobic

Attached: e09f411.jpg (1080x1266, 106K)

Godzilla still has Mothra on his side. She will intervene to aid him or stop the fight. I'm not looking forward to upcoming discussions about the winner. I think it's most probable to give it to the underdog who has "king" in his name. The only scenario in which I see Godzilla winning is if he gets beaten by a bigger monster later and needs Kong's help. Then after the movie gets crushed by Mulan we will go rest.

Attached: D8ivATiUYAIvrMl.jpg (680x510, 70K)

Godzilla would kick the shit out of clover.

And a man-eater. Godzilla forgave humanity trying to kill him at least 4 times. The last time they nearly succeeded and allowed Ghidorah to escape. And at the end he leads other monsters to benefit the Earth and keeps them away from humans. How is he not the ultimate benevolent God Emperor now?

Attached: 2dd6f475c069b5a47f8aa002c1f66a5e.jpg (800x768, 107K)

Here's the excerpt proper.

Attached: Kong.png (1536x2048, 622K)

>kong is fighting skullcrawlers on the island
>getting swarmed by a 3 man team
>godzilla surfaces from the sea
>blasts 2 of them dead
>kong finishes the last 1
>stands up and starts shouting in anger at godzilla
>runs at him with a gigantic tree ripped out of the ground
>godzilla's tail lights up

I really hope Bear returns for GvK.. If Desplat did KoTM it would've been much worse

Is Wanda dumb enough to go against Mulan? I thought their chinese roots would give them insider knowledge on the market

Does anyone think Mulan will really do well in America? I don't remember it being a smashing success in comparison to other Disney releases.

we'll see where Mulan will stand once Toy Story 4 and Lion King come out, as they are the best indicators of how wanted these reboots are.

Toy story 4 is already a guaranteed smash. Lion king I'm not too sure about. Ive seen people pissed about the movie posters and it's overall blandness. But it is the lion king, so who knows. Disney has a stranglehold on everything, it's actually humorous.

yeah his soundtrack in kotm is not that amazing on its own, but when you hear it while watching the movie it really works great and thats what i think is the most important thing in movie soundtracks and he does that really well, when i left the theatre one of the things that made the biggest impression on me (other then the monsters) was the music and sound
Also mothra's song is amazing even on its own

maybe it's just me, but out of all the monsters in the monsterverse i feel like kong is the most boring one, maybe it's just because i don't like monkeys that much but he kind of feels like he doesn't even belong there.
it's just a big damn monkey

Attached: monke.jpg (330x330, 18K)

Mothra's just a big damn moth

LE MONKE FUCKED UP THOSE HUEYS RIL GUD

SKULL ISLANDS VIETNAM SHIT IS WHAT MADE IT WORK

Attached: itaintme.jpg (1280x720, 76K)

I just think it's gonna be annoying how much cooler the writers will have to pretend he is next to Godzilla. I have nothing against him or his movies personally.

yeah your right of course, but a giant moth is much more entertaining to watch than a big monkey, at least for me

Yes, but do they fight in the day?

>an early look at the film featuring unfinished VFX
Wolverine Origins was straight up kino at that stage. I sort of kinda want to see it like this too.

Seeing Goji approach them like that gave me goosebumps.

His head is literally above the clouds, he literally stomps all Kaiju.

Everyone I know prefers Kong over Goji save for maybe 3 people.

Kong has always been more popular, it's why King Kong vs. Godzilla ends with him winning even if it was the Japs making that movie.

Oh no...

Attached: Untitled.png (803x431, 25K)

Yeah, this is the worrying part.

THE GUEST WAS PRETTY GOOD NOHOMO

dead on arrival

You're a loser bro.

Kong has been more popular (in the US) until the last couple of years with Godzilla movies getting new, this time good release. More popular among people who care, Kong is still slightly more recognizable among general public that's not emotionally involved in these movies but may watch them out of curiosity/boredom.

sup Adam
please don't touch Destoroyah or Anguirus, ty

next time they hang a bunch of bananas in the sky, dont go to it
the ape is dead, bury it
consider this mercy

Attached: goji.jpg (688x824, 123K)

Don't blame me. Blame the Japanese.

Attached: l2u9vzrvxv431.jpg (1250x775, 134K)

KONG IS CATEGORICALLY A GIANT MONSTER AND HE WRECKS SHIT SO HE'S FINE IN MY BOOK ALL /pol/ THINGS ASIDE

GODZILLA IS COOLER BUT WHO CARES

Attached: bretter in the brahamas.png (1181x471, 691K)

I shit you not, when Skull Island came out there was an article talking about audiences flocking to Godzilla, Kong and the concept of big strong 'Kings' to protect them as a symptom of Trump

Attached: 1548103435975.jpg (744x752, 72K)

Shouldn't they have done a Godzilla vs Gigan movie instead of jumping to Godzilla vs Kong? This whole movie universe seemed super rushed.

They're more problematic if anything. Dougherty only tweets about monsters not politics, politically neutral Dunkin Donuts has product placement in the movie and most of the footage was shot in Georgia. Ghidorah attacks Washington DC and there's no jokes. I only wonder what they think about the idea of powerful beings (royalty) and themes of spirituality and religiousness but that should be more up their alley they may interpret it as some kind of new age environmentalism.
Monsterverse is probably among the least political Godzilla movies the first one didn't even try to make some statement about nuclear energy in Japan or elsewhere.

Nobody fucking know who Gigan is.

i refuse to believe the movie being apolitical and having some kind of religious / spiritual subtext didn't hurt it, even many Japs said so regarding the critics, a few of them mentioned 'the gold' too which I don't know what that means, either bribery or shekels

That's a bummer, but then again, it's been a bad summer for everyone who's not Marvel, so it's not just Godzilla who shit the bed. Maybe the public will be more open for GvK.

It'll be trash like any kaijushit.

It's now projected to end up with 400 million. Probably adjusted because it outperformed this week.

Based Bear really made the movie for me.

Does anyone think KotM might be eligible for an Oscar in sound editing?

t. PLEB CAPESHITTER

Attached: fire-godzilla2-1.jpg (1200x600, 83K)

No just like Krampus probably deserved it it won't get anything. Technical awards are very often an opportunity to reward critically acclaimed movies. Basically to give them as many awards as possible so it can boast that it won 7 Oscars. Special effects is probably the only category that's relatively uncorrupted but there's got to be some other movie with decent effects that critics liked or better yet if it's a smaller movie.

I'm so happy, King of the Monsters was fucking awesome.

FUCKING LOL
not with those clumsy ass showa roar inserts, they made Shin's use of stock SFX mix sound smooth

Great as soon as I finally saw it the threads became so much slower. At least this time it won't be long before another wave of busy kaiju threads. I remember feeling lukewarm about the 2014 movie and only really liking it later after I watched it at home. This time KotM was nearly perfect in terms of monster characterization. I really love this bunch and their personalities. The mythos and relationships. Shame that overall it's only a partial success due to unoriginal story and human characters. I don't find them horrible just really basic.

Attached: D8tm-KBU8AELgxJ.jpg (680x594, 77K)

they sounded fine, what are you on about

You seriously need to fuck off and never return

Attached: 2016 Shin Godzilla.1080p.BluRay.x264.DTS-FGT.mkv_snapshot_01.04.12_[2017.03.26_18.50.59].png (1912x800, 1.2M)

2 NUKES, NOT ENOUGH

Let there be jokes

Attached: Ghidorah the Explorer.png (573x726, 1.14M)

Attached: Shin Robert.png (1167x622, 815K)

>Godzilla and Kong fight once then team up to fight an even bigger badguymonster (referenced by the egg found in the end credits of KOTM)

Wow so original.

Attached: 1401390584994.jpg (502x460, 37K)

the director said the egg was mothra's so

King of the Monsters referenced both of Godzilla's deaths in earlier movies but each time with a twise because he found a way to survive. Oxygen Destroyer didn't kill him, he survived by diving to Atlantis and was fully healed by Serizawa. He absorbed a deadly dose of radiation and would've melted but was saved by Mothra's sacrifice that allowed him to release his energy and go back to normal. Really neat, it's like Dougherty allowed Godzilla to face and defeat his old demons.

I’m expecting the final boss be Godzilla and Kong teaming up against Mecha-Ghidorah

I hope her meeting with Godzilla will be emotional. It'd be a letdown to just have her hatch and grow up offscreen. It'd be like her sacrifice didn't even matter.

Wait till they get a load of me.

Attached: 30e945b292f335e44185964e3f7488c072cedbfc_00.jpg (340x433, 33K)

>height matters
OH NO NO NO NO NO

DESTOROYAH!!!!!!

Unironically I would be totally down for that too.

>neurotic arrogant jew jew Abrahams being so jealous of Godzilla his only retort was to make up the sort of monster a three year old would imagine being taller than the clouds and can step on the whole wide world

Kong is going to win bc black people identify with apes.

it better be destoroyah if its the final monsterverse movie. i bet they slim him down

Dougherty teased Biollante when someone asked him about the ending but I'm not considering a legitimate reveal. And his sympathies don't matter. Rodan is one of his favorites but his role in the movie is not very flattering being the only one of the original trio from Ghidorah to change his allegiance. That he and Wingard prefer Godzilla over Kong also doesn't mean much.

>I’m expecting the final boss be Godzilla and Kong teaming up against Mecha-Ghidorah

godzilla and kong vs these two would be Kino.

Attached: 43849955014_8aeb159d23_b.jpg (1023x454, 368K)

Godzilla is played by a black man. I don't know who portrayed Kong.

Attached: D9Y-rAEWsAAgWZp.jpg (680x510, 85K)

PUT BIG BOI METHUSELAH IN

>all these angry buzzwords

Based Hollywood man working you incels to a seething rage

>defeat his old demons
he's made peace with them.

Attached: serizawa.jpg (540x270, 9K)

So, is Kong going to get another blonde woman? Isn't that his thing? Maybe a 50 foot tall woman for a cool reference? Also, how much bigger are they making him?

Attached: KaijuAddicts-30-Kong-Size-Comparison-30Godzilla2014-Big[1].jpg (1500x970, 221K)

Fuck, I wanted to know what Kong was doing.
I knew he wouldn't bend to Ghidorah's calls.
I really, REALLY enjoy how they're going about monster interactions.

>More good news for fans of Godzilla vs. King Kong as Warner Bros. showed off footage at CineEurope which has been described as "impressive, large scale and spectacular."
>The positive description of the footage matches up with an earlier rumor offering Godzilla vs King Kong will be "huge," and also what Warner Bros. Studio Chairman Toby Emmerich had to say about the flick in that "it will deliver for fans in the way they were looking for."
BUENO

SAYONARA TOMODACHI

Attached: ret zem fite.gif (495x464, 1.49M)

According to Dougherty 2014 was Alien and KotM Aliens. So what is Skull Island and what will be GvsK?

It's honestly a really good reason for why he and the Skullcrawlers didn't appear. Kong didn't care and he killed the Skullcrawlers that did.

written like monkeykino

Attached: 2012-11-16_010521.png (900x603, 338K)

At least Godzilla seems more likely to pick a woman more or less his size.

>So what is Skull Island and what will be GvsK?
Predator and AVP

>Ghidorah is hinted at being Satan
>Destoroyah will be hinted at being the devil
>Gigan will be Beelzebub

I"m hoping for Biollante.

She is a goddess you Heretic!

That actually fits with the theme of those movies instead of the execution.

Honestly, having a bunch of titans just roaming the Earth now is kind of retarded.

The only thing that I think it could possibly be setting up for is Kong's intent on slaughtering all the rest of the titans like the Skullcrawlers.

Also the reason Kong didn't show up at the end is he can't swim.

Peaceful monkey man just wants to stay on his island, live in peace with ching chong tribe and has nightmares about his parent's deaths (literally mere minutes after he was born) and now he's gonna get his ass whooped by a far bigger nuclear dinosaur

Attached: 1559432459627.jpg (1188x504, 85K)

When are we gonna get the mechas in? More specifically and importantly, when are we gonna get my boy Jet Jaguar in? I wanna see Goji team up with Jag and stomp some fools.

Attached: jag.jpg (1200x680, 43K)

>The only thing that I think it could possibly be setting up for is Kong's intent on slaughtering all the rest of the titans like the Skullcrawlers.
KINO

The problem with mechas is that the level of technology required to build them just hasn't been shown for humans in this monsterverse.

And while Mecha-Ghidorah would be cool, Godzilla literally disintegrated him completely.

blease resbond

KOM jumped the tech ahead quite far with stuff like the Argo and Castle Bravo, they already have Masers, it's only been 5 years since the events of 2014

He thinks he's too cool to listen to Godzilla but he's only angry at the previous king's call to other monsters so now he's like fuck monarchy even if Godzilla is objectively a good ruler for the entire planet. So I won't be disappointed if they join forces (sure there will be a definitive winner but no deaths) since it's all just misunderstanding between the two. In the end Kong will learn to care for something more than just his island or something.

Hopefully he does, I was thinking they could give him elemental powers, like in Avatar (the cartoon).
To my knowledge, no other Kaiju has control of Fire, Earth (Ground and Rock), Water and Air all at once.

I'm afraid Godzilla's victory would've been too obvious (although ironically at this point his victory would be the unexpected conclusion). Godzilla got two movies and a bitching title, Kong lost the royal part of his name (if they can't use it they can hint at it after he wins). The only hope for Godzilla is the new kaiju villain or maybe even Mothra's interference.

he was busy jerking off and flinging his own poo

DELTACO PR1 MECHAS ARE SO FAR THE BEST IN HOLLYWOOD

Attached: 1404017458053.webm (1920x1080, 2.14M)

I'm expecting Godzilla to beat Kong in a good fight (ie Kong goes out bravely), bad guy shows up just then, Godzilla gets whooped, out of nowhere Kong saves him and it proceeds as you'd expect. There's no fucking way they can realistically make Godzilla lose to Kong, the whole world would find it laughable much less Toho who would likely be pissed.

>New Titans Drawn to Skull Island?
So is Skull Island gonna become Monster Island?

I'm not really understanding the timeline of this Monster universe, unless they just outright retconned it.

>Godzilla 2014
>Godzilla and other MUTOs are lifeforms that existed literally billions of years ago when the planet was in its primordial state of radioactivity and chaos
>over time all died out or the absolute alphaest of them hibernated billions of years ago as well and only were woken up by human atomic testing or some shit

>Skull Island
>some version of these monsters have been living in the hollow Earth since then instead
>and some big monkeys (separate from the primordial monster) developed on the island too

>KOTM
>dozens of these titanic monsters actually have been around not billions of years ago int he Earth's primordial state, but actually as recently as 250,000 years ago alongside homo sapiens

The origins of these things confuses me and KOTM seems to be contradicting Godzilla 2014 with the origins of these monsters and shit. Like when was Ghidorah active and somehow frozen into Antarctica, and when was it that these monsters ruled the planet?

>There's no fucking way they can realistically make Godzilla lose to Kong, the whole world would find it laughable much less Toho who would likely be pissed.

Kong won the first time they made this movie.

That's also how I see it. Technical victory but nothing to annoy fans too much (like with Batman v. Superman) which also means that it can go both ways but perhaps Dougherty and Wingard who prefer Godzilla as well as Toho's influence would be enough. Perhaps Godzilla losing wouldn't be as bad but it would feel so undeserving. Kong gets second billing but he's still there because of his legendary status as the first big movie monster star. They're gonna give him some serious plot armor. There aren't that many Kong fans compared to Godzilla fans so hypothetical gloating won't be the problem.

>nothing to annoy fans too much
>Batman v. Superman

You mean the movie that fans of both Batman and Superman welt into meltdown over because it was so dumb?

Except he didn't.

Skull Island made a bigger profit than KOM did. apparently audiences still give a shit about Konga Bonga

Can't think of any crossover that has a definitive winner. Even Freddy vs. Jason did everything to feel confusing. That's why they mostly end up in water it's the easiest way to end it without showing too much.

yeah it's always just baiting the audience. even the fucking Sadako vs Kayako dogshit movie ended with them fused together.

When Godzilla biggest claim to fame was breathing fire and dying to alkaseltzer.
This Godzilla has been shown tanking nukes, orbital drops and killing a cosmic horror by stomping it to death.

Nah nigga we talking about a 3-round match
Round 1 Godzilla wins, they fight in some shallow beach or whatever.
Round 2 (in Skull Island) Kong has learned Goji's moves so he whoops his ass. Maybe we get the iconic EAT THE TREE scene here.
Round 3 (in TOKYO JAPAN) Kong gets possessed by Mecha-Ghidorah's lightning strike and Godzilla has to take both head on. He beats the ever living shit out of Kong, bringing him back to normal, and then both beat Ghidorah's ass.

Add in Mothra's return, Rodan fanservice, and in the end all the monsters march up to Skull Island (now Monster Island) and you have a classic in your hands

Reminder that Dougherty has said that there won't be any open-ended bullshit, there will be a clear, definitive winner.

They said that we're getting an outright winner and it won't be like BvsS. Just take into account that Toho want to pull the plug and king isn't king yet but godzilla is.

So if they want to keep both in character then Godzilla should win. He's the better guy of the two. Unless Kong wins, the world goes to shit, new alpha attacks and Kong learns to appreciate natural balance and Godzilla comes to help. Although they may want to avoid another situation where Godzilla needs to take a nuclear power nap but at the same time reversing the situation only with Kong being the loser is also weird because Kong is left with no title, still one movie less than Godzilla and basically status quo.

One thing Warner should take note is that a lot of movies like People In Black and Dark Sansa bombed as well and a lot harder. At least this did well intentionally.

Kong's goddamn name seems like a giant clue. It's gonna be a sad day but letting Godzilla win would honestly leave them open to criticism that they don't give Kong enough love in this franchise.

Godzilla has to stay top dog to at least police all the other naughty kaiju, Kong can't do that because he can't swim or at least not nearly as well as Godzilla can and zip around the world to handle problem spots

Attached: newspaper8-1024x516.jpg (1024x516, 62K)

Kong just has to punch him really hard.

If Kong wins I will never forgive this franchise and will be against America or any other country getting film rights to Godzilla and other Toho monsters.

what characters are returning from KOM to GvK?
Who is even in charge of Monarch?

>niggas genuinely thinking Kong will win
There's zero (0) reason for Kong to go over. Godzilla's the face of the franchise, he has the majority of films, Warner is hopeful to continue the Toho partnership, even in canon shit like doesn't make much sense since Goji's already defeated a King just one film prior. Even in meta-narrative it makes sense for Godzilla to win after he lost in their "first" fight.

Attached: 1560190646954.jpg (553x640, 48K)

I will just be disappointed because of the incoming threads on Yea Forums. But then again even the expected threads about the critics score and box office don't have that much power because they always develop into proper kaiju threads. Maybe this time there will really be two endings.

He did You're next and The Guest that were kino as fuck

Attached: the-guest-trailer.jpg (680x478, 85K)

I doubt anyone making the movie and responsible for the script care or even believe that meme about the first Godzilla vs. Kong movie. I think Dougherty is up to date with his Godzilla literature written by people like Ryfle or Godziszewski. And we're gonna hear more about it in the upcoming months even if Wingard won't be as knowledgeable as Dougherty I'm sure he'll be still giving interviews as one of the writers.

The chinese twins are confirmed back in what Dougherty described as a "pivotal role" (they're singing and bringing Mothra back).

Millie Bobby Brown is back along with Kyle Chadler. Surprisingly we haven't heard much from Charles Dance, but I'm assuming he's back.

For newcomers we got Alexander Skarsgård as "the leader of a military unit", Brian Tyree Henry (the black guy from atlanta), Julian Dennison (fat kid from Deadpool 2), Eiza González (mexican chick from Baby Driver), Jessica Henwick (asian goddess from Iron Fist) and based Lance Reddick.

Attached: 1559280081328.png (985x799, 638K)

the guy fucked up with Death Note and acted like a huge bitch afterwards but he seemed to have at least some understanding of Godzilla, he said when he closed his eyes and thought about Godzilla immediately what came to mind was 84, and other various statements that showed a respect of Toho's Godzilla (unlike Gareth)

Attached: 1984.Gojira.720p.ac3.CG.avi_snapshot_00.59.08_[2017.02.07_11.07.00].jpg (1280x688, 61K)

The real ending is a dimensional rift opens up as Godzilla is about to kill Kong, the figure who emerges will blow the lid off of everyone. Literally, this will be the biggest surprise to ever hit film. That character has a stare down with Godzilla as they openly question how they got there. The two fight and Godzilla does not win. Godzilla and Kong both have to charge this figure, even that isn't enough. The figure doesn't kill them though, just knocks them out and tries to leave. The appearance of the character leads to an even bigger anomaly than the kaiju, because they don't appear as CGI and aren't live action, it's 2D, literally. Even in the film, Godzilla and Kong can't even manage to touch the character.

Attached: Untitled.png (380x385, 2K)

Chinese wife and Chandler were probably the best humans next to Wantanabe, Stranger Things goblin I can give or take but I hope the only humans who get the most focus are those two

>they're singing
I fucking wish

>(the black guy from atlanta)
LMAO

>(the black guy from atlanta)
user

Attached: 1560115094640.jpg (1280x720, 120K)

He's from Grenade

Attached: MAD.gif (480x360, 529K)

the original after credits scene Dougherty wanted was Chen and her sister going into a huge underground temple with their daughters singing to Mothra's new egg, it ended up being too much of a budget and logistic issue

Attached: D85w2NfVUAA4_7R.jpg large.jpg (2048x1150, 555K)

WHAT

At the end credits of KOTM there is a newspaper article starting Monarch tried to create a Mechanical Ttian and an organic Titan.

>the black guy from atlanta

Attached: 826a3683-c74b-42da-887b-3565f42ed29e.jpg (750x1075, 134K)

take a logical guess

Are you talking about who I think you're talking about?

It depends, what race is the character you're thinking of?

A filthy monkey

Bingo.

Are you seriously trying to tell me that GOKU is going to not only be in Godzilla v. Kong, but he's ALSO GOING TO WIN?

if a climb a mountain my head could be above the clouds too. Idiot.

What's this stance called?

please post more cool godzilla pictures I need them for my collection

The Monsterverse was something that I never in a million years expected growing up. It's sad KotM isnt having much financial success, hopefully GvK is really successful. I love all of the monster designs, atmosphere and scale. Even if the Monsterverse is cancelled after GvK, it was a good run and a sight to behold.

Kong will likely just "win" by keeping Godzilla and the other Titans out of his swamp

>Lefty has downs

RO
DAN