What went wrong?

What went wrong?

Attached: 71nCoWPii-L._SY679_.jpg (429x679, 59K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JbIYTRkMXXw
youtube.com/watch?v=wLTs5BKNFqo
youtube.com/watch?v=eJE3ylWSVKA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

5 years too late

It came out 10 years after the peak of warcraft
nobody gave a shit any more

Too kino for American audiences.

Nothing, it was great

Making a movie about the most basic and generic part of the setting and doing it 5-10 years too late. No one cares about Warcraft 1 and they just tried to adapt two decent books about that story but threw away what made them interesting.

Could've been longer, like 3 hours, and maybe more star power big names.

in fact if they had released a trilogy of 3 hour movies depicting the story of Warcraft 1-3 back in 2010 when WoW was at its peak it would've probably enjoyed similar success as LOTR did back in the day.

It probably would've been kino too, especially when Arthas commits genocide and becomes the Lich King comes to the big screen.

but alas, Blizzard is probably too broke and woke right now to release another film about warcraft, so I guess there won't be another movie.

I really like it but the human characters were pretty weak.

They forgot to make a movie in between the CGI

cgi was kino, but the wooden acting killed it

>most boring and uninspired aspects of warcraft lore
>hardly any solid battles
>acting was subpar
The best arcs of WC are the Legion's first appearance, Arthas' downfall, and the WotLK expansion's last major section. No one gives enough of a shit about the generic orcs vs humans storyline that has at this point been done to death in fantasy.

They released it a decade after WoW's peak. I was hyped when they announced it in like 2006.

>adapting the first game instead of the ones that actually have a plot
>trying to tread the line between faithful adaptation and generic fantasy blockbuster made it suck at both
>not enough CGI

>didnt cgi the humans
>story was an incoherent mix of wc1 and 2, with as many hollywood cliches mixed in as possible
>niggers and diverse elves

Shouldve just played it safe and had some Arthas or Illidan related shit, as that is who the fanbase sucks off

>wotlk
>good from a story perspective

The majority unironically believes this though, so this retarded user is who they shouldve pandered to

This. I still remember them saying it's "not gonna be a LotR adventure movie, it's gonna be a war movie - it's not called pillowfightcraft." Even though I don't give a fuck about Warcraft anymore, I wanted it to succeed because I loved Fimmel as Ragnar. He's got the Charlie Hunnam curse though. Movie star good looks, pure charisma, and absolutely zero acting talent.

>What went wrong?
Anyone that was a fan of WoW liked it but most people that just wanted to see a fantasy movie thought it was boring. Personally I just thought it felt like one long preview for the next movie.

We won't ever see in the big screen
>Uther saving Arthas at Hearthglen
>Everyone ignoring Medivh
>Stratholme purge
>Arthas' fall from grace
>Getting Frostmourne and killing Muradin
>The ascent towards the Frozen Throne
>Killing Terenas
>killing Uther
>reviving Kel'Thuzad
>Raping, mind-breaking, and leg-locking Sylvanas
>going back to Northrend to stop Illidan
>taunting Kael for cucking him
>Illidan vs Arthas
>being the Lich King
>probably the only film where in the end the """""bad""""" guy wins
but why

>Death Knight Arthas vs Uther
this would literally be obi-wan vs anakin levels of kino

>You were supposed to DESTROY the _________, not BECOME one!
>From my point of view, it is YOU who is evil!
Every Blizzard villain in a nutshell

It was good as far as a resolution for Arthas' storyline, i.e. all of the ICC content. Naxx 2.0 and Ulduar were uninteresting.

>>Raping, mind-breaking, and leg-locking Sylvanas
Uuuh what? When was this? I don't seem to remember this

>Culling of Stratholme Arthas and Uther dialogue on the big screen
certified fucking kino

hey at least we wont see any of WoD or Legion story every so thats a good thing Pandaria would be cool maybe China will fund it I wouldn't even be mad

His storyline was resolved at the end of TFT.

DUDE PLOT ZIGZAG LMAO

It had few kino scenes but overall pretty bad
youtube.com/watch?v=JbIYTRkMXXw
youtube.com/watch?v=wLTs5BKNFqo
youtube.com/watch?v=eJE3ylWSVKA

nothing. it was perfect.

You mean when it was revealed he sat afk for 10 years to put in motion some ultra contrived retard plan, and then when that predictably backfires horrible, its said that the scourge remnants would be more dangerous without him? Wotlk turned the LK into the biggest retard in wow history. And him cartoonishly appearing in every other dungeon saying 'ill get you next time! :p' was just icing on the cake.

>Lets make a game for WoWtards
>Set in WC2

They will never adapt Arthas' story because they know there is no way to portray the Culling of Stratholme as a bad thing and they don't want the audience to side with Arthas.

Samir Duran was kino.
>Oops, I made you shoot your best friend.

nothing. you are fat nigger faggot.

it's Warcraft 1 actually. Even Warcraft 2 would have been better since it'd have Cho'gall, Uther and based Orgrim

Never happened In the games but apparently in the novels he rips her soul from her body then makes her watch him fuck the corpse.

Human actors upstaged by CGI orcs.