The naked cult member wasn't staring at the son

>The naked cult member wasn't staring at the son.

Attached: naked.png (1167x1080, 183K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/9EgA2VzQFRA
youtu.be/MVnSFj6XQZY
youtu.be/bTLbGytEz0U
youtu.be/c-WIDn8_YR0?t=430
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Is son also nekkid?

test

Attached: lead_720_405.jpg (720x405, 21K)

>this is somehow different and more intelligent than jump scares

Attached: mnbvc.jpg (720x405, 33K)

> your mom floating while cut her own head off diesnt scare you

> naked middle age people make you jump out of the window in absolute panic

kek

>soi horror

>yfw the movie was an extended metaphor for boomers fucking over their descendants in the pursuit of material gain

Attached: 401.jpg (446x456, 43K)

Lel

What movie

Hey leftypol

Hereditary

>/leftypol/
>not blaming it on rich white people

>j-jumpscares not bad!!!

Thanks. Strange I’ve seen Hereditary and don’t remember this.

>yfw the clicking sound is Paimon's hooves

Attached: 200px-Paimon.jpg (200x218, 21K)

the movie uses lighting tricks so you might not catch everything the first time.

>I've seen demons n shieeet.

>(((white)))

Am I the only one who laughed when he saw his headless mother floating into the treehouse, I immediately imagined the Joker when he takes off the fat Batman's mask and makes the ghost noises with it

Attached: 18.jpg (1993x3000, 588K)

I thought it was pretty silly, but I didn't want to be that guy laughing in the theater.

I'm still dead sure this was meant to be a comedy that they marketed as a horror movie because it would sell better. Shit like that was way too silly to be a serious horror movie, same with the kid getting her head torn off

Paimon looked like the lesser devil here compared to his cult.

the mother corpse floating was beetlejuice material.

and the casting of the son is the weirdest thing. i watch the movie trying to convince myself that these two very white europeans looking people could be the biological parents of an indian looking dude.

I found out that originally Paimon was considered a Djinn(or genie) before being called a demon

who was he staring at?

See

Have you seen the short film the director made before Hereditary? It's a good example of blurring the line between hilarious and also disturbing.

I know you're riffing and i get it but i read and hear people unironically saying this like it's an actual criticism of the writing.
I feel like the way he reacted was relatively appropriate considering his character's personality and the setting they were in. The whole "scared stiff" thing in movies has been a thing for decades so i don't see why this movie got heat for having a character who's established as not knowing what to do in times of stress and confusion as well as having gone theough many traumatic events not even including the ones alluded to in his past just staring unreactive at scary things happening like a child.

That's part of why I thought it was a comedy. I don't see how it was disturbing though, just run-of-the-mill dark comedy

is she jerking off?

Which is dumb because why rewatch a movie for hidden details, when you don't pay attention to the main characters.

It's literally plebbittier 'pause our film to see every smart thing we added teehee'

he could, literally, have died of pure and absolute fear and them being dragged by the cult.

but i understand that the ending of this movie works like a nightmare, the lines are blurry, like the final act of mother!, so watching for the first time will be effective.

hereditary doesnt survive a second watch, its when youre watching without the psicologichal terrorism.

>Which is dumb because why rewatch a movie for hidden details
Because it makes multiple rewatches fun if there is attention to detail.

>why rewatch a movie for hidden details
For the hidden details.

People like this is why they put quips in capeshit movies.

where's this from?

Oh no someone found a scene funny. Better bring up capeshit.

>are ya winning son?

Didn't even bother reading the thread before asking for source. Every time.

This except unironically
I blame people's perception of Kubrick. Some smartass points out details like pic related and it makes people think his films are all about "hidden details" you need to rewatch his films and search for. But all of the details like this in Kubrick films are meant to play with your subconscious and aren't meant for some self-decalred "film nerd" redditor to post about on r/movies for upvotes.

Attached: 1554079329899.jpg (1800x1300, 359K)

Well, she really does look like a goofy bitch HAHA!
Those shoes match too.

Oh look... It's another moron complaining about how people watch movies while declaring how movies are intended to be watched.
Really gets the old THINKY muscle throbbing.

no, the pursuit of wealth and power is creating isolation. All the imagery and and settings are about how isolated/lonely these people are.

I was being unironic too.
In my perfect world a film maker makes a film because he wants to tell his story and adds in details for himself because he think it's fun, cool, necessary, needed, whatever.
For a director to make a film for an audience; that to me is the perfect reason to drop a film.
I want to see your story that you enjoy and want to tell yourself and not your plot twisty westworld-tier detail induced screenpausing nitpicked details of a shitfilm.

>In my perfect world a film maker makes a film because he wants to tell his story and adds in details for himself because he think it's fun, cool, necessary, needed, whatever.
So, perhaps he did think the details were fun, cool, necessary, needed, whatever. All the details posted ITT aren't just unnecessary wastes of film, but add to it. Go fuck yourself, retard.

But she isn't. The clothes don't match.

Angry foreigner ITT Oh man, and I thought I forgot it... It's, like, the only movie in my entire life that I felt sadness over the wasted time watching it, and was butthurt a whole month afterwards. I mean, fuck, I knew that horror movies are mostly, if not entirely, shit for about two decades now, but this? There is absolutely nothing good in this movie, even Byrne couldn't save it.

>There is absolutely nothing good in this movie
Retards like you also said this about The Shining nearly 40 years ago. And it's now lauded as a horror classic, I bet they felt embarrassed. I'm sure with time people will also feel the same way about this movie.

you are just a step away from realizing literal children are what set cultural trends. Not adults with taste.

t. self-decalred "film nerd" redditor

My theater whole was laughing. One guy in the back said "hey, it's princess leia"

This movie is trash
seethe more faggots

It objectively is and if you are being unironic you're clinically retarded that took a bait meme to heart.

In the end he ended up trolling those boomer cultists

>objectively

Attached: E3786DAF-3135-4A47-ACE3-6EC0190117D6.png (450x472, 189K)

scariest thing in this movie was that one niggas face mole

OMG that's so scary! haha

Like how the hidden ghosts in Hill House were meant to cause unease and not be Easter eggs

Yeah dude like I'm a special one man I think horror is comedy I laugh at this kind of stuff. I'm very special. You could say I'm not like all the other girls. I also think pain is cool and I take cold showers aren't I quirky?

In the first act I was physically sick due to the cinematography
In the second act I was horrified due to the twist I did not expect ending the first act
In the third act I was like "eh". Ouiji boards took me out of it and in your face shit just isn't the same at all

Laughed really loud. Pretty much killed my relationship at the time because she was so into this movie but I thought tonally it killed it.

let the bodies hit the
*tsssh* *tsssh*
FLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO-

Attached: hereditary.gif (640x360, 1.11M)

What did that Camel do in life to end up with a high ranking position in hell?

I just took some good caps of Hereditary last night but I’m too lazy to get out of bed and post them.

Attached: 500B0E2C-3315-4606-A244-704C2AF3D3D8.jpg (350x350, 19K)

it was a bit silly but that was my favorite part. the ending in the treehouse with that glorious Colin Stetson soundtrack is beautiful.
I want to know what Paimon does, but I also hope they don’t ruin the movie by making a sequel.

fucking hell, i watched this on my shitty tv and the brightness settings were off so i could clearly fucking see her the whole time just chillin.
kept thinking 'am i supposed to be seeing this?'

here’s a list of all the demons in the Ars Goetia

Attached: F6B7DC9F-A8D7-4F33-AAEE-04506C925949.jpg (2223x1536, 952K)

This. The members of the cult are Jews, they’re seeking gold and power. The director is a based self-hating Jew.

he saw the shrine set up, he thought they were gonna kill him if he stayed

>all these coldsteel hedgehogs in the thread

Attached: 130075490263.jpg (235x235, 16K)

Attached: D5D5BD11-1174-4D7C-9484-E41A4D220BCF.jpg (384x384, 20K)

>different
That's self-evident
>more intelligent
That's nonsense. Scares aren't intelligent, the people creating them are, and jumpscares are the easiest and least creative scares. That's not to say they're all bad, only that creating something scary, creepy, unsettling, or disturbing without resorting to *something suddenly appears on screen accompanied by a stupidly loud noise* takes much more skill and nuance.

Wish they constructed this to be used in the movie. Complete with the severed 3 heads as depicted in that book in the movie.

reddit living rent free in your head.
I’m sorry you can’t enjoy things anymore because one website exists lol

watched it for the third time last night and still loved it

>spend several minutes reading through autistic ramblings, retarded memes, and people calling each other "Reddit" back and forth
>take a few seconds to post a question which will take someone else a few seconds to answer
Yeah what a fucking idiot

this but unironically

A sassy black lady literally went “AWW HELL NAW” and everyone in the theater laughed

why do black people feel the need to ruin every theater experience?
surely they must know that no one wants to hear whatever dumb shit they’re gonna yell, right?

The line between horror and comedy is perilously thin and a bad filmmaker can wobble between both unintentionally.

It was pretty creepy, admit it.

Every demon in Lesser Key is just some other culture's god or folklore stuff like djinns, spirits and what not from neighboring tribes.

> omg you guys! that jumpscare startled the H-E-double hockey sticks out of me!!!! did it get you too??
>im glad i went with the diapie instead of my big boy pants!!
>w-what do you mean "turn around and stop talking to me??"

Attached: hereditary00014.jpg (1920x952, 250K)

the movie was so boring i just started skipping through it. i probably watched that scene and couldn't give a shit because the movie sucked.
so no, it wasn't even creepy.

youtu.be/9EgA2VzQFRA

Attached: hereditary00048.jpg (1920x952, 252K)

Issue is, moments like this will make anyone burst into laughter because of how ridiculous it looks. Good movie though, reaaally enjoyed how they approached certain scenes

Same reason they feel the need to ruin nearly every Western city I can think of and the lives of upstanding citizens user :^]

>no i didnt watch the movie but here's my worthless opinion about it
i agree that there werent enough explosions, so boring, turned it off real quick, so corny i totally wasnt s-scared at all haha

>But all of the details like this in Kubrick films are meant to play with your subconscious

same with hereditary

i've seen decent horror movies. this wasn't even close to that. i started skipping through around the halfway mark, shit just sucked.
and what the fuck was with the son? he was obviously not their son, he was a fucking shitskin

>another slow family household horror
yawn, the scenes were funny how bad they were and the final climax wasn't worth going through the shit

if you started skipping around halfway through, I LITERALLY (used in the correct sense) could not care less about your opinion.
the son was very swarthy, but he did a good job. his pathetic crying was spot on. the family dynamics were really brutal to watch and I feel like that may have been too much for some people where it hit too close to home.

now name 3 (three) “decent horror movies” or fuck off, the choice is yours user.

>mfw there are people who unironically prefer cheap jumpscares

Attached: hereditary00010.jpg (1920x952, 284K)

>oy vey moishe, its too expensive and time consuming to construct a good story and hire competent writers and directors
>ive got it! hire a sound editor to add loud stabs of violins and make a face pop up like its gonna say BOO.
>the dumb goyim will eat it up
>mfw it works

Attached: hereditary00008.jpg (1920x952, 344K)

>if you started skipping around halfway through, I LITERALLY (used in the correct sense) could not care less about your opinion
thats crazy, because i don't care about yours haha
>now name 3 (three) “decent horror movies” or fuck off, the choice is yours user.
so you can be contrarian? i don't think so. i'll remain in this thread, you can't do anything about it :)
hereditary was a shitty movie, deal with it.

Someone answer my question!!!!

Attached: 318271da980706f7a18a811c3456a77d.png (633x758, 16K)

It's because your immediate reaction to anything that makes you uncomfortable is to laugh. I bet when the daughter got decapitated you stifled a laugh too. It's an easy way to appear aloof socially while simultaneously avoiding the discomfort of having to actually process something sincerely.

It's a familiar, not a living camel's spirit, ya dumb.

"What? No way!"

That's why you can't watch horror and thriller on cinemas. It's just a bunch of kids with no emotional development laughing at everything because they can't process it any other way.

He was the original Joe Camel. Responsible for the deaths of millions by cigarettes and second hand smoke

>It's just a bunch of kids with no emotional development laughing at everything because they can't process it any other way
nailed it
plus bad faith actors who just want to """troll""" and shit on things that other people like.
luckily, ive grown out of needing people to like the things that i like for fear of not being cool. they'll get there some day, in like 10 years.

based

My theater was bright enough that I saw this, very spooky

Had the opposite effect on me where it's so fucking ridiculous it looped back around to being terrifying again.
watching Hereditary in a fairly packed theater on a Friday night there were a shitload of people laughing throughout however.

>needing to be spoonfed is based
based samefag

so you can’t name any. that’s what I thought.
I wasn’t going to make fun of you, I like all sorts of “awful” horror movies. I wanted us to talk about something we could maybe agree on and enjoy together instead of always hating everything, or at least that’s what I was hoping for, but this is exactly what I expected.

feel free to stay in the thread, I didn’t make it so you’re not shitting up something I care about. I just happened to have watched (and capped) it last night and noticed the naked guy in the catalog.
now just post s.oyhorror_5_0.jpg already and get it over with

>mfw im able to get over myself and start enjoying things again

Attached: hereditary00009.jpg (1920x952, 309K)

The most important thing is that the mom is hot and I want to fuck her.

How is this better than jumpscares again?

Attached: 1553674796263.png (434x521, 43K)

atmosphere
I don't care how many SOI wojacks you reply with my post it's the most important thing in a horror movie

Attached: tcmgrandpa.jpg (600x341, 146K)

whatever I say you’ll just greentext with a onions face, so let’s just save ourselves the trouble.
I can’t mention set-up and payoff, or atmosphere, or how being startled isn’t scary. I won’t bother to waste both our times, I’m sure you have a busy day of hating things ahead of you.

please get out of my head (and/or my butthole). thank you kindly in advance.

Attached: 93B2CAF1-9348-4959-B83E-13012DE58CB0.jpg (384x384, 26K)

Atmosphere can't carry a film it can only enhance it. You have to have the fundamentals in place.

Attached: byrned.webm (1280x630, 2.86M)

Attached: 1556483548907.jpg (500x500, 32K)

You should watch Clock Watchers. She's shy and homely in it

the movie just failed to sell itself to me, kind of like the babadook with that ugly annoying kid and like the mulatto i mentioned. it was just cheap thrills (not necessarily bad in itself) delivered poorly. i was drunk as fuck which usually turns my brain off so i can enjoy anything and even that didn't help.

You're giving these fucking retards too much credit. I am always on the verge of exploding with raw, violent, autistic hatred for people who laugh at bizarre imagery during horror movies. I flat-out cannot watch them in theaters. It's not even normie logic. It's a pridefully braindead reaction from subhumans who would be better off playing with Legos than pretending to have any interest in narrative fiction.
>"This is unexpected. Strange."
>Strange = Silly.
>Run: HAHA.exe

Attached: autisAM.png (960x720, 381K)

love that scene and her banging her head on the attic door and her sawing her head off and the headless corpse floating to the treehouse.
I don’t care, this is a hill I’m willing to die on.

>atmosphere can't carry a film
Of course it can. Almost anything can. It depends on what kind of film you're going for. Was Eraserhead carried by its script?

Oy vey, just read these magic words! Don't think about it, just turn off your brain and read them! I love Toni Colette screaming for 45 minutes!

youtu.be/MVnSFj6XQZY

Was eraserhead carried by anything? Past the 30 minute mark or so hereditary is an unintentional comedy.

laughed so hard i shitted my pants lmaoz

I hope you understand that when you approach things like such a smug brainlet, you pretty much immediately disqualify the opinion you obviously care enough about to share.

Attached: ok.jpg (511x394, 60K)

>I didn't read a single thing from Solomon
Every single demon is a construct of the mind and the rituals which are used to summon them can be compared to importing a hash in order to get the same output as someone else.
It's all just mental programming with numbers and highly specific psychological tricks.

absolute KINO
it was so good in the theater

Attached: hereditary00052.jpg (1920x952, 263K)

Hey man, was that a misfire because I was just posting a song I like from the movie

Meant:

ballsack haha

Eraserhead is a novelty show. Not that I don't appreciate Lynch kino but understandably the production of eraserhead disjointed it enough to be basically fucking nothing.

Hereditary has one spook and it's used up early. The atmosphere is so incredibly inconsistent throughout the film that it ends up being the setup for a really amazing series of jokes.

We have broken them bros, it's done

Attached: 1446920710658.jpg (549x549, 62K)

I actually didn’t like the babadook either, so that’s something we can both dislike together at least.
I think Hereditary did a good job of setting up a VERY fucked up family and made it incredibly tense and uncomfortable to watch at points. like her crying after Charlie dies and saying “I just want to die!!’, her explaining all the mental illness and suicide in her family at that support group meeting, the scene at the dinner table where they are arguing and blaming each other.
these things all eventually devolved into the madness at the end. there was a set up and a payoff. the cemetery calling and saying the grave was desecrated, all the stuff with Joan, this movie actually worked to try to be good. it seems like actual artistic effort was put into it instead of just a cheap cash grab, like most other movies these days.

booze doesn’t work for my method, it’s weed or bust. booze just makes me forget everything and fall asleep.

here’s a s.oyface to save anyone the effort. you’re welcome.
I’ll throw in a “thus it’s friggin superior!” for good measure

Attached: 2DC82F17-2A2C-436F-B276-47DFB6C03B23.jpg (924x924, 81K)

nice

bad timing, i went and done did it anyway

Attached: reckek.jpg (840x821, 73K)

Why do people like soi horror so much? Is it mental illness or contrarianism

somewhere in the middle of both

Attached: soyface3.jpg (484x484, 33K)

Atmosphere is a meaningless buzzword soi cucks like to throw around to justify nothing happening

The movie was originally supposed to be a drama about a family dealing with the horrors of grief after the death of a loved one. Aster didn't add in the horror elements until after the first draft of the script was finished (he did it to attract potential distributors).

horror is a meme descriptor. There's no reason hereditary, alien, jeepers creepers, and friday the 13th should be considered the same genre.

youtu.be/bTLbGytEz0U
I just found this album the other day and I didn’t even realize it was by the guy who scored Hereditary (and apparently Red Dead Redemption).
it’s incredible the things he can do with one bass saxophone. most of it was recorded live, he uses the actual keys of the saxophone as rhythm instruments, impressive stuff.
it’s not going to be most people’s cup of tea though, I’m not a big minimalism guy (for you) myself, but I really enjoyed it.

Lol at that fucking Thunderbird puppet movement.

What was so funny about it?

its dramatic and suspenseful. Same reason people like Zodiac. The inclusion of the super natural or fear in general is tertiary.

Attached: SOI4.jpg (2300x2300, 604K)

>nothing happening
so you didnt see it. why are you here?

decent point
i think genres in general are a bit of a meme for people too rigid to experiment or try new things or too dumb to not be able to describe what they like without them.

see webm in and also the mom generally is hilarious by the end.

First track is absolutely monstrous. Thank you for this

imagine being upset that genres blend together to create new genres you dont like

I've probably seen more horror films than anybody in this thread and Hereditary was one of the best recent ones I've seen in a long time. I don't even know what you could be referring to when you say that the atmosphere is inconsistent, except that some very strange, unexpected things occur. Past the girl's death, it had a consistent curve in tone. I laugh at really bad horror, I showed up with zero expectations, and I can't look at this from any angle that doesn't make you look like either a brainlet or somebody who never had any intention of letting the movie into your head to begin with.

Attached: circus edit.jpg (540x601, 120K)

what is the third movie from the cuck trio?

>i think genres in general are a bit of a meme for people too rigid to experiment or try new things or too dumb to not be able to describe what they like without them.
exactly. People that have a problem with soi-horror want every "horror" movie to be halloween or friday the 13th or some slasher. They have rigid definitions because they have small minds. And they cant stand that soi-horror is marketed the same as regular horror. Understandable. It Comes At Night is a decent flick. it's a really disappointing movie if you thought it was going to be scary (like the marketing suggested).
manage your expectations and you wont be so upset all the time

>calling someone brainlet
>not understanding
no surprise there.

t. can’t just turn off his brain bro

was not expecting that sort of reaction.
check out the album Communion by Park Jiha, it’s the only other recent minimalist work I really know (besides the classics like Riley, Glass, etc).

Try 'By The Throat' by Ben Frost

The entire ending sequence already made me laugh since I couldn't stop imagining the chicken dance song when the mom is sawing her head off but then someone here said something about her body floating up looking like a cartoon character who smelled pie cooling on a window and now it's even funnier. Everything at the end is supposed to be so shocking and scary but it's literally hilarious, the only truly unsettling things in the movie are the grandma ghost in the room near the beginning (which lots of people miss) and the head on the road.

will do, thanks. I’m trying to listen to music from the past decade to put together a “best of” list

>Valefor
>a lion with an ass's head

Attached: 1506475432953.jpg (419x480, 52K)

What are some scary horror films?

It Comes At Night, which actually isn't very good, especially not compared to the other two which are fucking fantastic. Maybe I need to watch it again.

Every time I see this image, I see a poster so terrified of looking cucked that he's allowed his fear of anaconda-jawed soibois to barricade him off from entire swaths of great cinema. The built-in inb4's really send it home. "I'm not a pretentious cuck," it screams. "You're a pretentious cuck! I'm too aware to be a cuck!"

Attached: back in my day skeleton.jpg (640x744, 98K)

Cool.

I still haven’t seen I come at night, but I’ll add it to my list. I feel like that one is on Netflix, so it shouldn’t be difficult to do.
I’m all about low expectations, high rewards.
I feel like I’ve seen so many horror movies that pretty much nothing is “scary” anymore and marketing is always bullshit anyway. not to try to sound like a tough guy cuz I’m definitely not, but the right movie in the right atmosphere (lights off, no shitposting) can still get me. at least I have faith that this is still the case, it’s been a while though.
recently I really liked The Void (I’m sure it’s on s.oyhorror), it was more visually and conceptually interesting than scary though

it’s been a while since I read through it but there are some pretty funny sounding ones on there.
I’m sure they wouldn’t be funny if they were spooking me to death though

Here's your atmospheric suspense film, user. It also has a fucking retarded ending because atmosphere isn't enough

Can substitute kairo or whatever of those early-mid-2000s jap horrors that all got remakes.

Attached: MV5BMWNjZGNiN2QtYzQzMi00NDIyLTk5YWMtYmMyZWE3ODBiMDYxXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTQxNzMzNDI@._V1_.jpg (550x775, 79K)

Shut the fuck up cuck

Thanks. I'll check it out

I will agree that many of the visuals were somewhat silly, especially the mom floating (I still liked them), but you’re right that the head on the road was definitely not one of them.

you will be waiting for an answer until the end of time

>yfw you really need to pee while in class but hold it to the last moment until you finally decide to raise your hand

I've dealt with a lot of naked cult members and yeah usually they don't stare at the son.

Your image is retarded and embarrassing.

It was quite dissapointing desu.

which one of those will suck my dick when I summon them?

accurate
i would slam my head on my desk too, when they wouldnt let me go cuz they knew i would use it as an opportunity to stick my head into a friends classroom and yell something obnoxious/embarrssing and run away.

Attached: lel.jpg (350x350, 20K)

>knowledge of tongues and favours

Attached: Screenshot_2019-06-19 1560954145872 jpg (JPEG Image, 2223 × 1536 pixels).png (363x124, 31K)

why is it so hard to satisfyingly end a horror film? i feel like almost no one pulls it off.

Your point? Doesn't dispute the fact that the demons were all based on other desert tribes folklore. The occult has addled your reading comprehension skills.

i don't know, theres significantly fewer jap films that end satisfactorily than western ones. should probably compare that to koreans but I just never watched that much asian shit outside of that one very specific period of time.

>you came to the wrong neighborhood, clothed boy.
>we dont take kindly to your type round here
>now SHOW ME YOUR DICK

Attached: naked paimon bros.png (1920x952, 2.09M)

>look scarier!

Attached: 1530579635523.jpg (1365x2048, 2.59M)

thanks OP this was the exact thread i needed today.

Attached: cheers lad.jpg (600x600, 79K)

Sounds like a personal problem. Obviously not every horror movie is going to have a Martyrs level ending, but still, I think they do alright. About the same as entertainment in general.

Once I hit 40 I'm joining a death cult.

do death cults have orgies? i feel like cults should generally.

>Once I hit 40 I'm joining a death cult.
same, im getting up there too

funny enough, its exactly the opposite. i usually like the endings but i always see that as one of the biggest grievances when i discuss any horror movie. so i was just wondering more like what would be a satisfying ending? but i suppose it would depend on the movie.

I disagree, I think that moment was one of the scariest in the whole movie. I think it's exactly *because* it was so ridiculous, it became scary.

There's jumpscares in Hereditary, though.

you need to watch it at 0.6 speed to catch all the subliminal satanism

fuckin hyped ngl

Attached: 220px-Midsommar_(2019_film_poster).png (220x326, 131K)

Did you watch this on YouTube or something? That's some fucking awful quality, son.

t.piss your pants at a fucking movie. I’m glad your experience of your shitty porn tier movies was ruined.

It's been so long since I last listened to this and all the fun me-mes we had on Yea Forums including that time he was part of Bon Iver's backing band at 7:10 youtu.be/c-WIDn8_YR0?t=430

In the context of the movie, what do you suppose King Paimon's overall goal is?

If the biblical lore as humans know it is the truth, I'd suppose it's just to subvert god's creation as much as possible.

paimon's not strictly biblical, shit could go any which way.

True.

I guess the best we can assume is that it's some kind of inhuman "outsider". And that this convoluted scheme is what's required to manifest it. But what it may actually want, we can't say.

thinking about your ex lately?

oh right, i forgot this was in the pipes. i will definitely go see it at the kinoplex, on cheap day of course
nothing personnel hollywood.
just kidding, it totally is.

very nice. i know his wife is in some band, but i know very little about him besides the OST and new warfare history: judges. both make convincing arguments for checking out the rest of his discography, especially since NWH: judges is volume 2 and theres a 1 and 3. i loved the score when i saw it in the theater, that ending with reborn over it and all the gold was so glorious.
the only bon iver song i know is flume but i like that one a lot. i dont know why i never checked out the rest of that album but i will (even though its pre-2010s), what else should i check out by him?

Attached: hereditary00042.jpg (1920x952, 276K)

Never assumed he had one. Seemed pretty happy with just being a little wonky girl and making clicking noises with his tongue. Didn't seem malevolent or driven at all, and the cult just seemed to want riches and material stuff.

What movie is this?

That's really interesting to me.

The cult creates a bunch of assumptions around him, and a bunch of stuff we see a evil happens. But none of that is directed by Paimon, nor does it even seem overly interested it what's happening.

I watched it in Greece and there was a few chuckles.

But seriously how is this better than jumpscares?

Attached: 1553674796263.png (434x521, 43K)

exit girl enter boy, break boy's face(?) the movie made no fuckin sense it doesn't matter.

The Thing has a perfect ending. The whole runtime you are guessing who is really who they say they are. And then you think it's done and dusted until Childs shows up. Then you're left guessing once more. It sticks with you.

Attached: MV5BMmI4NDdkZmQtMWM3OS00ODE0LWI0MzYtMzZhMWIxMGJhZmEzXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTQxNzMzNDI@._V1_SY1000_CR0,0,68 (689x1000, 136K)

>But none of that is directed by Paimon
That's up for debate. I haven't seen the movie since it came out but wasn't there also some part about Paimon really wanting a male host?

He did seem disinterested though. but there had to have been fucking supernatural fuckery going on from his side to make all of their massive decades long plan all come together.

Is Paimon even in the bible?

no yes i just havent talked about a movie i enjoyed in so long. mostly because hollywood churns out a lot of shit and Yea Forums keeps me focused on the negative. but what am i gonna do? not come here? pshhh HA as if sad lol
sorry for cringe

i realized that i make this face at everyone i meet on the street, its not a white/black thing. i do it for everyone and then ill smile and try to be nice if we start to talk, its just like a default reaction.
im a living meme.

okay back to Hereditary.

the original scene was supposed to have the son gouging his own eyes out but it was too much for test audiences so they changed it to this silly stuff, the photo of him with the eyes cut out are a reference to the original idea

I watched that so long ago and all I remember is feeling nauseous.

no but iirc SOME books in the lesser key of solomon had some ties to the book of ezekiel and christian mysticism. probably not the ars goetia itself.

it was really good til the last like 30 seconds where they failed to end it and just went full retard instead.

>Midsommar
>Midsummer

Jesus, was that so hard?

This is partly what makes the blair witch project so great. Zoomers will never understand.

Not at all

No, it's like christian fanfiction

blair witch also had some god tier viral marketing shit that made everyone buy into it being real found footage.

Probably because it’s an actual story, instead of long stretches of tense silence followed by a loud noise repeated ad infinitum. Idk tho, I’ve never actually watched hereditary

Nah. A good movie wouldn’t draw that response.

i think he's just being a demon. kind of saying
>hey peter, im here now. nice to meet you
*smash*
>haha you just looked like such a sperg in front of your class
>now get lost

Attached: hereditary00031.jpg (1920x952, 460K)

Eraserhead is carried by visuals alone.

Cringe

That's not true. You can tell these dipshits are scared and engrossed but they try to act cool and laugh and talk. That's how teens deal with fear.

Wrong. Teens were not laughing in the theater when Blair Witch came out.

The movie really diving into ancient christian mysticism, which treats devils more like alternatives to god himself. Sources of power, but not the good christian choice.

And, old testament abramatic god had plenty of blood ritual shit associated with him has well. Man, there is all this pre-jesus christian lore that would make for really good horror, hereditary being exactly would it could be. After it, the cliche catholics vs demons exorcism crap doesn't cut it for me anymore.

thats not zoomers though, even if the gen-x folks were fucked emotionally they had enough actual sincere sitcoms to teach them the way to be human.

Not enough surviving lore to make stories out of, even demonology is rennaissance era larping.

it was basically the greatest viral marketing film campaign of all time. you can pretty much only sell that once. then after people see it, the jig is up and “found footage” is fake, the illusion is broken, the trust is gone. at least from a Hollywood movie that played in theaters. there were others before it, but I think they were mostly like VHS days, tapes passed around and urban legend status like the McPherson Tape

>didn’t see the movie
>still nailed it
impressive

Attached: 8318A084-72E9-4AE1-B1DE-F7090494BEE8.jpg (1291x716, 133K)

ah shit I just wanted that to be the monster can boomer version. serves me right for not actually checking.
stupid phoneposting piece of shit.

>> naked middle age people make you jump out of the window in absolute panic
boomers are fucking terrifying soulless creatures user

Lighten up user..

>Shakespeare
>Nietzsche
>Kierkegaard
>Hegel
do american classrooms really hang pictures of these people on the walls?

teachers can be pretentious, yes.

*cluck*

Attached: cluck.png (692x412, 460K)

I’m having a good day. but I’m my own worst critic by design.

see picture related

Attached: 1EBA7A47-BAD5-443F-9F6D-60DCA9057BA8.jpg (1184x961, 71K)

Pretty sure this is tongues in the sense of languages, bro.

She cute

the dad deserved it, he was such an NPC throughout the whole thing

without a doubt.
but it was the first one i zoomed in on and read and it was kind of perfect.

they don't much go into how/why he did his flambe act. it's retarded, they should have left byrne out of the film entirely, somehow.

the ones who saw it with girls probably were, trying to look tough and whatnot. I think that’s always a constant dynamic for that kind of thing no matter the generation.
but inside they definitely felt it, that movie was too good for the time.
I hope it got them laid. normies were more willing to have sex before the scourge of social media.

It's not. None of the demons from Solomon are biblical. They were coopted from other cultures.

he was a bit of a cuck. but it was a better dynamic to have her be more aggressive as her life and sanity was unraveling around them, with him basically being the concerned wife.
one might say it was a bit subversive...

we need more Ars Goetia demon kino

>blair witch marketing
I remember looking up all the shit they'd planted online about the legends of the witch and hyping myself up for the film.
Totally enhanced the experience of watching it and I can't imagine anyone going in blind actually enjoying it all that much without at least a little more meat than what was offered in the film.

>the cliche catholics vs demons exorcism crap doesn't cut it for me anymore.
It shouldn't cut it for anyone.
That shit has well and truly been done so far beyond death it might as well not have been alive in the first place.
There's more room in the kinoplex for more shark kino than there is for more of this tired shit.

I remember watching The Ring on a weekend we were allowed to go into town (boarding school). I had really wanted to see it since the jap kids told me the original was scary.
Unfortunately I got in late and had to sit behind the literal chad dudebros from my year who all put their feet into the next aisle (mine).

They chuckled at first like what mentioned, but after that first jumpscare of the girl in the cupboard it was beautiful silence the whole way through.
They took their legs off the seats too lol

Also
New captcha:
>slelect the creepy ass statue
fuck you google I hate that shit

oh oh

>be on fire
>lift your arms halfway and move it a little

wouldn't you literally go ballistic and start rolling around or some shit

you're thinking like a human not like a puppet man

>Chad dudebros
>after that first jumpscare of the girl in the cupboard it was beautiful silence the whole way through.
pottery

I’m always worried one day captcha will show me my car or something. that would be too freaky.

Americucks are borderline illiterate so it's not like they'd even notice the difference.

>I mean, fuck, I knew that horror movies are mostly, if not entirely, shit for about two decades now, but this?
Youre a brainlet who can't produce anything of value himself....

I clapped after reading your post and I’d tip you if we were in meatspace.

First day on the chans heh buddy boy

Reacting to horror flicks with laughter is the ultimate onions response. It's like yawning on purpose when you're feeling threatened, your low test body is scrambling to find a way not to get into a state of shock.

a long long time ago in /ffg/ someone came up an idea for the ultimate War of the Worlds “viral marketing” style found footage.
where a bunch of anons from all around the world film their own amateur alien invasion videos and all start uploading them to YouTube and Twitter and whatnot around the same time and using sock puppet accounts pretending to think it was real, etc.

the major problem would be that it would need some major funding to make it look real but simultaneously amateur.
I think it could be the Blair Witch of the 21st century. it could even start a global panic if done right.
we didn’t really have enough people but it would still probably be too difficult to coordinate and would involve spending time on Twitter (which gets a big yikes from me) and all of the conditions would have to play out perfectly.

fairly off-topic for a Hereditary thread, but you got my noggin joggin.

What the fuck are you talking about you retard

>the s o i lashes in impotent anger

when i saw this in the theater you could hear people squirming the whole time, that's a good film, sorry faggot

It was still possible to do what was done during the BW days when not everyone was using the internet seemingly all the fucking time.
They even had that doco film as a TV spot that had a general summary of what you could read online for the vast majority that didn't own a comp.
But with everyone connected today?
Too hard.

The only possible way a war of the world type thing could get any traction was if fucking NASA or google itself played along, or maybe SpaceX since that faggot seems like he'd be up for a good troll.

>implying Paimon wasn't playing everyone involved for the laughs
He's a god of mischief

>subconscious meme

I really doubt it; I watched Shining as a kid and it scared the shit out of me, watched it as a teenager and it scared shit out of me, watched it as an adult and it scared shit out of me.

Did not notice anything related to the hidden narrative until I found out about it online but it definitely did not add any layer of meaning or anything to my perception (or unconscious) when I watched it.

Can you post all of these images or give a link to where the analysis can be found?

He's not. In the occult literature Paimon is the giver of hidden knowledge and/or extreme wealth. That's why they're summoning him in the movie, he's literary one of the most lucrative demons to have around.

user's pics are pure cringe and extremely autistic, watch Room 237 instead.

how is that a leftist viewpoint?

>Watch Room 237
Speaking of pure cringe and extremely autistic.
The only good analysis on The Shining I've seen are Rob Ager's

Extremely pleb taste. Room 237 is a documentary about often absurd "depth" of movie interpretations in general, not about retarded moon landing theories. Stick to capeshit and YT vids made by college dropouts.

Room 237 is a nice schizoid trip, but every single person sucks at film analysis. Kubrick is just a Jewish Tarkovsky. I mean that in the most spiritually meaningful and not insulting way.

>I've probably shlurped more shit than anybody else in this thread and Hereditary was the best tasting recent shit I've tasted in a long time

you’re right, it’s basically impossible in the current year. everyone is too plugged and most people are jaded after years of trolling and hoaxes. it was just such a cool idea and I had forgotten about it completely.
it would be really cool if either of those organizations would play along, and that is probably the only way it could be successfully pulled off. they could just shut down all of their GPS satellites or google earth and pretend like they just lost communication with it.
but as much as Elon likes to meme, that would definitely be too far for him.
the world would essentially end if either of those things ever happened, people would go crazy, there would be crime sprees and rioting (which is actually how a successful intentional WotW hoax should play out, so never mind)

>Dumb shit like "le holocaust theory because Nazis kicked in jew doors like how Jack beat down the door." Or the biggest reasoning to support a theory is simply "duhhh Kubrick lied, yeah he lied!"
Fuck off, mental midget. By the way, Rob's theory on the set design was confirmed by people who worked on The Shining. Everything in Room 237 is schizo fan fiction.

this but unironically

>lacks basic reading comprehension
As I said, stick to capes and 20min video essays.

>lacks basic reading comprehension
No, you just have an insanely retarded take on what Room 237 is. It was simply made for idiots to discuss their theories. Now get the fuck out.

Anyone else wish the film wouldn’t have had supernatural elements? The kid at the end surrounded by insane cultists who think he’s a devil with no idea what to do is scarier than repetitive devil stuff

Attached: DA68CF85-36A9-42D7-9D08-69B44E283323.jpg (1200x900, 110K)

I’ve always hated the “depth” of criticism. no X isn’t a metaphor for Y, it’s just X shut up about it. (not you, the critics) I don’t care about themes or subtext, just write something good.
I was an English major and that sort of thing got old so fast. it’s just professors trying to justify their paycheck but pulling nonsense out of their asses to try to have enough material to fill up a whole course.

You're actualy mad lmao. Read a book from time to time instead of chimping out like a nigger spraying retarded opinions all over the board. Don't let memes and shitposts define your at this point absolutely abhorrent taste.

You could have hot spots, like with WhatsApp chatter causing lynchings in backward countries, but maybe tight communities and communities could have a seizure with the right disinfo

Attached: 60F9A74A-54AB-4DDF-AFFD-91A5131E826E.png (652x841, 866K)

>no X isn’t a metaphor for Y, it’s just X shut up about it. (not you, the critics) I don’t care about themes or subtext, just write something good.
No, good writers actualy do care about themes and subtext. Only hacks think only about surface level devices. Also this is something even 8th graders can wrap their heads around. Where did you even get your major? Prager U?

Tolkien said it best when he said people confuse allegory with applicability.

I had a seizure reading your convoluted post

Stop trying to justify shit movies from time to time. If Room 237's intention was to show just how "absurd" interpretations can be in general, then why is it entirely focused on The Shining? That makes no sense. If you wanted to go for a general approach you would divide the movie to focus on other popular films with their well most well known interpretations. But it isn't, it's for other Kubrick theorists and your take is retarded. Sorry, nigger.

>That makes no sense
I know it doesn't to you. Stick to marvel and eceleb movie interpretations.

it's never too late to go back and get your G.E.D. user

Yeah, you need a big brain to believe the moon landing was faked.

>reading comprehension
Brain fried by memes and shitposting, arguing for the sake of arguing.

Attached: A05896CE-222A-4B9F-BE51-79F70C2B8089.jpg (500x550, 24K)

Attached: dunning-kruger-effect.png (1090x771, 79K)

See

He's half right at least. X isn't Y. But it's not just X either.

>Prager U?
was my post too based and redpilled?
i was essentially plagiarizing pic related but for English

and no, i didn't go to a good school and somehow i got my degree despite having an expensive and time consuming drug habit. i always kind of coasted by on being """funny""" and having my professors like me (and doing the minimal acceptable amount of the work). but now i'm here all day and night, so it wasnt a good thing in the long run cuz i never really applied myself to anything, besides music.
but the grass is always greener on the other side

Attached: artmajor.png (1170x666, 406K)

>he thinks im not aware of my own inadequacies and over-inflated sense of self importance
youre barking up the wrong self-aware tree my dude

Attached: smug anime grill.jpg (1000x1000, 97K)

You aren't a charismatic underachiever user, you're just plain retarded, as seen by your half niggerish half schizo blogpost.

What spook are you talking about

>rightwing people don't hate boomers
Hi basic bitch conservative

That's fucking interesting man, that's fucking interesting

I can be both. don’t be mean.
excuse the fuck out of me for answering the question I was asked directly.

/pol/ack here, that's the accepted consensus among real ones

yes, you are

I saw it in theaters and never noticed until she crawls across

Underrated

ive seen it 3 times, including last night and in the theater and i had still never noticed it

You sound like a douche, and I guarantee you have an extremely inflated and unrealistic idea of how "funny" and "likeable" you are. You're a squeaky wheel on a fucked-up shopping cart.

My mother loves this film. wtf

BRIE LARSON NO
>I SAID THIRTEEN PERCENT COMMIT-
TAKE THE GODDAMN SHOT JENKINS
*pow*

I intentionally sound like a douche online because I can get away with it (for now).
I understand that admitting that people like you is a sore subject on this site, I was just answering a (You) that I received honestly albeit long-windedly.
I have friends who never gave up on me through a decade of being a degenerate fuck-up, so you might be wrong on the rest of it.
but like I said, it doesn’t translate to real world skills even though i was able to BS my way through school.
I think I’m a worthless irredeemable piece of shit though and i know me. so I guess we can compromise and say it’s somewhere in the middle.

why do I always feel the need to defend myself? sad!

wtf I'm your mom now

haha I had sex with you

Wank-in-mouth statue is funny and awesome

Fuck unfinished dragon-cuck

>Midsommar
>releases in July, not late June
it's going to be shit

Not memeing, what was the overall plot and the goal of the cult?

I'm confused because the grandma/cult wanted initially for demon Lord Paimon to be reborn in the son's body yes? But the mom avoided that. However, she weakened and allowed her abusive mother back into her life, which explains why Charlie was born with a male name, meaning that the cult/grandma wanted Paimon to be reborn in Charlie's body?

Now, was Charlie just a weird little girl or was Paimon in her body from the getgo? Or was she a weird kid THEN Paimon was put into her body?

Also, when the son finally had enough and threw himself out the window then we see the strange light/prism go over to his body and he stands up and makings the clicking sound with his mouth. Then he proceeds to go to the treehouse and cult says to him, "It's OK Charlie, don't worry." Was Charlie in him? Or Paimon? Is Charlie Paimon?

If Paimon is in the son's body at the end why does the cult call him Charlie? Is Paimon even aware he's not a little girl or the son, is he even aware he's a demon?

>Not posting the superior edit

Attached: 1559884250846.jpg (571x1800, 197K)

kek’d and check’d

this

yes I think for paimon to manifest in the real world (and deliver riches to his cult) he needs a male host. They mention the grandma spent time praying over the mom, hoping she would birth a male heir but she had a girl instead, so they had to prepare a second transfer of paimon's power from the crazy girl into the son.

the director also said the headless bodies are tied into this but that part is still a mystery to me

>Now, was Charlie just a weird little girl or was Paimon in her body from the getgo?
If I recall right she wasn't possessed from the getgo, but the grandma had put Paimon in Charlie because she essentially "raised" her as a baby.

>If Paimon is in the son's body at the end why does the cult call him Charlie?
this part confused me when I was watching last night. I have no good answer but just wanted to let you know that you’re not alone in your confusion.
threads going down though, so I fear we might not get an answer today.

No it's because it's fucking stupid. Nobody laughs at the closet jump scare in the Ring, even though according to your gay psychological theory they would because they were uncomfortable

seems like paimon and charlie were the same consciousness from birth, but they weren't aware that they were a demon. all the illnesses and stuff came from paimon needing a male host. that's why the cult members try to soothe them and tell them everything will be okay after they get the dude's body.

>tfw director/hollywood literally created this film as a mass demon ritual
not joking. the audience was the unwitting participant in this.

no, they would because they’re trying to look cool in front of their peers or girls

yes. I was expecting a mediation on how rot spreads in families and a portrayal of child abuse. I didn't realize it was going to be about demons or cults at all.

>/x/tard sees his first occult movie and goes on about conspiracies.

hm
fug, at least I'm not alone
ok

if you think about it hereditary is actually a double ghost story, its paimon and the cultists but also Charlie's ghost specifically who the family brought back with the seance

which part has grandma's ghost in it? refresh my memory?

This is what I thought, but was it really her? The first seance showed that Paimon played tricks with the mom by pretending to be the cult member's grandson.

could someone make a new hereditary/midsommar thread so I can hopefully get some answers?

mmmm I still feel like it's better explained if Charlie never existed. paimon/the cultists were just fucking with everyone throughout.

Why would you want spoilers on Midsommar?

That's just retarded and hackneyed as fuck.

I didn't say I wanted spoilers for midsommar. nor would I be opposed to hearing some