What is it about this scene that floors brainlets?

what is it about this scene that floors brainlets?

Attached: 4C171451-1556-4707-BF49-3066CA93E99B.jpg (739x415, 43K)

>no smoki

i need to add this to my 40 thousand word thesis

It confirms that the movie is actually about ghosts and shoots down their fan theories that it was all mental illness

NNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BROS IT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE ERGOT IN THE CROPS, NOT GHOSTS

Attached: 1560286493780.png (785x1000, 254K)

pretty much. the ghost lady in the bathtub shows that the ghost are actually real and capable of physical entities and actions. this scene shows they are actually invested in jack’s madness, freeing him to kill his family

It's the only supernatural thing that happens in the movie. Everything else could be chalked up to severe mental illness.

what crops?

I don't understand how someone could be so stupid as to think it was some shallow 'it was all in his head' story. The movie is so upfront about the supernatural elements being real. If it was all in Jack's head then how the fuck do these retards explain what Danny sees? How the chef and Danny communicate through telepathy? What Wendy sees at the end? They were all crazy in the same? Seriously what the fuck.

Jack can shine too.

The maze, dumbass

This, it's hereditary. That's why the ghosts can influence him. And that's why the cooks granny shined, too

I don't know why you'dd want to explain away the supernatural
Stephen King doesn't really shy away from it, the supernatural, at all

I always thought this was the case too. But in Jack's case he never had someone to explain it to him and guide him so it allowed him to be easily manipulated by the spirit of the Overlook.

There's a subset of faggy basedboy types who think that any story containing supernatural elements is not real lit-er-a-ture or ci-ne-ma. Instead it would somehow be more intellectual if it was all in his head the whole time.

Honestly, the tards who spout the moon landing theories are the dumbest of them. Just got done listening to some brainlet who was on Room 237 say something like
>W-Well duh thing is Kubrick LIED about duh room 217 not existing, he lied and ya know 237,000 miles is dat dere distance from duh moon.

Why are the theories in Room 237 so insane?

I think once you've spent 5000 hours watching the same movie over and over you feel the need to give every single detail in the movie some grand, symbolic, secret significance in order to make yourself feel like the time you spent obsessing over what is basically just a really well made horror movie was all worth it. To sum it up: mental illness.

what was the connection between people who have the shinning power and the overlook hotel? i always thought that danny’s power is the reason why the ghost influenced his family but how would that explain the previous caretaker? was one of his family a shinner or was haloran present during his stay?

I think the hotel is just like a nexus of evil and tries to lure/draw people with the shining to it, to 'feed' on them.

Danny opened the door. Fuck ghostfags.

>no smokin

Attached: mask.jpg (640x640, 78K)

Part of stephen king's universe. Our world exists in a stable pocket which is surrounded by "darkness/otherspace". the otherspace has monsters who want to feed on the emotions of our reality(overlook hotel ghosts/pennywise the clown) and those monsters can "leak" through at certain points/times.
Pennywise can do it every 20 years in derry, overlook hotel can only do it to people who "shine" ie telepaths etc etc.
The darktower movie sorta showed this with the rifts the kid can open between world by bypassing the otherspace

Basically all stephen king horror novels are in a meta way about the mysticism and the mismatch between people who can understand the "magic" in their world and the people who can't. Add to that the idea that in king's universe evil in our world can join up with evil in the otherverse to become stronger and it gets kinda confusing.

Literally just fairy BS, to be honest.

King explores the consequences of the rules of his universe in interesting ways. He even has kinda scifi stories about the "future" in which people can travel between worlds using technology but have to be asleep to avoid looking into otherspace

yeah faggot, all stories are fairytale bs.please link me to your award winning series completely grounded in reality

That's just Pratchett's Dungeon Dimension.

Name?

The Jaunt.

Have you seen Stanley Kubrick's Boxes? no one else evens comes close to the level of excruciating detail he put into his films. There were one or two theories in 237 that might have been drawing a long bow but most of it seemed to be highly likely to be on purpose. Watch Kubrick's Odyssey as well if you have not, its pretty damn convincing that Kubrick used the same methods he used in 2001 to shoot that moon landing footage and photographs.

and I would also point out that whether or not the Apollo missions did land on the moon they were sure as shit going to fake that footage anyway so the soviets and everyone else didn't get to see it for free. caught in this situation who else would you ask but the guy who just made 2001 a year prior.

Because nerds want to feel like they're intelligent for figuring out that actually it's all in his head and everything spooky going on can be explained with SCIENCE and FACTS
For them, a movie like The Shining isn't a narrative experience, it's a talking point they can use to bait for good boy points on reddit