What character was damaged the most when they ran out of books?

What character was damaged the most when they ran out of books?

Attached: 1552412310527.jpg (1600x1067, 510K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ULlAj3iXwQQ
youtu.be/RH2nQBVm7Wk
youtube.com/watch?v=VWDM6wKYnc0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

you already posted him

Jaime

all of them

Littlefinger, although they destroyed his character even before they ran out of book material.
George even said that show Littlefinger vs book Littlefinger is actually one of (if not the) biggest differences D&D made. The first few seasons he was decent, then they just turned him into some sleazy, outwardly villainous and creepy dude who no one trusted (which isn’t at all what book Baelish is like.) Also, severely dumbed him down, shipped Sansa off to the Boltons, etc. That was kind of when the show became irredeemable trash.
Honourable mentions: Stannis, Roose, Tyrion, Dany, Sansa, Cersei, Varys, Jon, Arya, and probably hundreds of others.

They ruined Stannis from the beginning, they never understood him
>no proudwing speech
>doesn’t mourn Renly
>doesn’t mention the fact that he discovered the incest first with Jon Arryn
>pray harder
>took away all his humour
>has him cheat and fuck Melisandre

>Stannis
>LF
>Varys
>Jaime
>Tyrion
>Arya
>Sansa
Show Daenerys was even worse when there were still books, so I don't know if she counts

>They ruined Stannis from the beginning, they never understood him
>>pray harder

He was so based that two Jewish materialists totally missed Stannis' religious skepticism.

Why did they make show Stannis such an insufferable humourless deadpan idiot? Burning his own daughter, fucking Melisandre, zero regard for his own family members, etc. Sure there are some cool parts about him in the show but for the most part he seems much worse than his book counterpart.

look how they massacred my boy...

Attached: 1558619207211.png (1383x801, 1.13M)

The stannisfag fears the Maiden of Tarth

Attached: 1558687787055.jpg (725x406, 39K)

>Her own father got this child on her? We are well rid of her, then. I will not suffer such abominations here. This is not King's Landing.
>You'll be pleased to know she came to me a maid.
In your bed she's like to die that way.
Based

this'll never not hurt
how do you waste Nikolai on such schlock writing
I can't wait until the real documentary where everybody talks about the latter half of production and the scriptwriting nonsense.

Attached: 01D4B2A0-3DFA-492A-929B-69E5E04DA4DB.gif (342x239, 921K)

>>doesn’t mourn Renly
Definitely not as hard, but the scene where he does mention it was pretty great and he seems, if only briefly, really distraught over it.

Davos has always been muh boi, but I knew from the beginning he was gonna be tough to get right, seeing how most of the books was just his inner monologue about how he should help Stannis and eventually get home to his wife, and keep his boys safe.
The look and acting of his character was mostly spot on, but... eh. It broke my heart.
He was a lot more blunt and straightforward in the books, but it just didn't translate well in the show

Attached: davos-seaworth-625x352.jpg (625x352, 47K)

Stannis fucking sucked in the books. You idiot. For all the hate the showrunners get they somehow made him good.

Bloodraven

Attached: the_tree_eyed_one___spoiler_by_marcsimonetti-d56bbf5.jpg (894x894, 228K)

The Briennefag fears the Dumper of Roasties.
Radmure Chads wya.

Attached: 1551862728102.png (435x535, 287K)

But Stannis did fuck Melisandre to create the shadowbaby, at least I thought that.

The implication from the books is that she did something to him while he was asleep

>The stannisfag fears the Maiden of Tarth

>Woman abandons her mission to rescue a young woman from rape to go murder her rightful king who lays defenseless on the ground, all because he executed her traitor-to-the-crown lord that she thought was king because he danced with her once.

Attached: 1558236427315.png (1063x1080, 1.03M)

Roose the Loose.
There's no reason why he wouldn't have Ramsay shanked by "bastard's boys" as soon as he stopped needing him.

so rape?

>not realising shes been taunted all her life and attaches to people who show her respect, For Renly the dance was like any other girl, for her it was the best moment of her life

Aegon

It created an unstoppable cascade effect of characters with no plot threads, characters with borrowed plots that get solved/cut abruptly (Jorah with greyscale) and Dorne being even more superfluous to the point that it was removed entirely.

Attached: Aegon's Role.png (880x2100, 225K)

Aegon and Conninngton(his two chapters were great) do have an interesting storyline. If the blackfyre theory is true, you can do a lot of internal conflict with the two of them. Problem is, I still think they were introduced too late

>Attacks Renly's Kingsguard for no reason
>Risks her sworn duty and charge to bury some sloots
>Can't disarm a malnourished, bound man
>Can't climb out of a pit without the help of a malnourished, disarmed man
>Attacks The Hound for no reason
>Attacks The Knights of the Vale for no reason
>Executes a claimant to the Iron Throne without a trial based what she thinks she saw that could've easily been manipulated
>N-NANI?!
>Puts out after a few drinks; must be related to the tavern sloots
>Lied in the Book of Brothers; atrocious handwriting
is there anything worse than this insufferable cunt? she has virtually no discernible character and has no development for what little there is.
Absolute embarrassment, all that screentime wasted on so much virtue signaling.

Attached: D51A7C1B-1323-40F8-A90A-AD28F729429D.jpg (310x442, 33K)

>>Attacks Renly's Kingsguard for no reason
>>Risks her sworn duty and charge to bury some sloots
>>Can't disarm a malnourished, bound man
>>Can't climb out of a pit without the help of a malnourished, disarmed man
>>Attacks The Hound for no reason
Is she better in the books?

Stannis showed her respect by not questioning her duty, allowing her to fulfill it. He didn't demean her, or deny her.
She repaid that respect offscreen, and based on her potential delusions brought on by the burning of her woman parts.

you forgot
>dead fish in bed, doesn't use her snu-snu physique, which leads to Jaime going back to kings landing to fuck his sister

I don't know, I'm still on book 1, a man can only hope

>all that screentime wasted on so much virtue signaling.
That's the world we live in. What's worse is that fagots fall for it just like the women looking a for any excuse for a strong female character.

Attached: 1479856102168.webm (500x500, 873K)

She does have a great fight with Rorge and Biter.
Her chapters travelling through the Riverlands are also really good, showcasing the devastation of the war.

BLACKFISH CONFIRMED ALIVE

Attached: 1D99B1F2-7857-4178-8610-E384CBFE77F8.jpg (640x360, 40K)

they attacked her after refusing to listen to cat, Self Defense (plus they're fags)
Gotta bury the dead user
No, but beat him in a fight without truly tryimg
Almost no one would be able to escape that pit solo
He was threatning her and an obstacle
They're a bunch of fags who were hostile to her firstStannis is known to hang around with a Fire God Worshipper, who use magic
Omae Wa Mou Shinderu
Implying you wouldnt fuck the most handsome man in the seven kingdoms
Wheres the lies? Handwriting was decent

>implying they remembered

Either that or she did use it, which scared Jaime off

More likely Brienne wasn't there to find out about The Blackfish's death (which she did miss) and just never found out.

>she's supposed to be honorable
>ignoring law of succession because she likes the usurper is not honorable
BUT SHE LIKE REALLY LIKE LIKED HIM BECAUSE SAD STORY!!!!

Attached: 1558264884108.jpg (430x960, 127K)

D&D are morons of the highest order. I bet they couldn't stand seeing Nikolai getting so much praise for his portrayal of Jaimie or the fact that he was right about the sex next to Joffrey's corpse being interpreted as rape, so they absolutely ruined him as one last fuck you.

She drew her sword instead of surrendering.
I mean she goes on and on about how Renly was her motivation, but as soon as he dies she's hacking away at his guards. They were fags tho.
Don't have to risk becoming the dead in order to bury the dead. I'm sure she buried the men she killed, though, right?
Beat and disarming to get the fuck off the bridge are different concepts. The point of that fight wasn't to beat the Kingslayer in a duel.
Jaime literally scales the wall one-armed, out of reach of the bear.
Arya repeatedly told her to leave, and everything he said was true. She's extremely suspect, and paid by the Lannisters. She's fighting her own ignorance.
Yeah they're fags, but so was Renly.
It's still heresy. M-Muh Renly, died amidst shadow and flame.
I'd suck him off.
>without loss of life

Daenerys

Tyrion's only character change from Kingslanding to Danny service is that he bacame scared of Danny. he was never scared of Cercie or Tywin or Jeoffry because he had plans incase they tried to kill him. in serving Danny he had none of that so he turned into a pussy because no Bron/Jamie to bail him out if shit goes south

Knowingly writing down misinformation or unconfirmed information in a historical record.
HMMMMMMM
Maybe she shouldn't be fabricating somebody's legacy in the first place?
Could've just fucking said he commanded the Siege of Riverrun, but the siege itself isn't some noble merit so gotta come up with an excuse.
Brienne is the epitome of everything that ruins characterization. You remove all human aspects and reduce it to lies born out of ignorance for the humanity and failures we suffer and learn from, a lesson Jaime's arc is a shining example of, and all the aspects that are lacking in Brienne's fanfiction and auburn-tinted lenses.

Or just blackfish is confirned alive
Or just "without loss of life" meant for Jaimes forces

Jon fucking Snow.
>Ned Stark's bastard.
>Lord Commander of the Night's Watch, the organisation founded to counter the threats from beyond the Wall.
>Heavily hinted at being Azor Ahai reborn, the champion of fire against the White Walkers.
>Murdered by his own men in a mutiny.
>Resurrected by Melisandre, the Red Witch.
>"They think you're some kind of god, the man who returned from the dead."
>Not actually Ned Stark's bastard, but Aegon Targaryen, the legitimate son of Rhaegar Targaryen and Lyanna Stark.
>A.K.A The Song of Ice and Fire.
>Retakes Winterfell from the Boltons, avenging the Starks.
>Becomes King in the North despite his status as a bastard.
>Spends a whole season on Dragonstone trying to convince Daenerys Targaryen to be his ally.
>Immediately renounces his crown because "she's muh queen".
>During the "Long Night", does absolutely nothing, isn't even allowed to have a 1-on-1 fight with the Night King.
>Instead of showing his growth as a warrior by fighting and slaying Viseryon (like Aragorn fights a troll 1-on-1 in RotK), is instead content with just shouting at it and dying.
>Has his kill stolen by his cringey little sister.
>The rest of his dialogue is either "I don't want it" or "You're my queen".
>Kills Daenerys in the most emotionless and boring "shock" scene in GoT.
>Isn't even considered for the throne, despite everyone knowing that he's a legitimate candidate.
>Rejoins the Night's Watch despite the only person who wants him exiled leaving the continent forever.
>Maybe becomes King-Beyond-the-Wall.
He was supposed to be Aragorn-meets-Jesus... sigh...

Attached: king in da norf.png (645x729, 216K)

>meant for Jaimes forces
so much for that oath
r.i.p. you gay fish, Lannister gold bought me a seat at the table

No Griffon means that Dorne, Stormlands, and the Reach have nothing to do for several seasons. Forcing Cersei to pick up the slack. I have no doubt that Cersei will blow up the Sept in the books, but she'll actually face consequences and be run out of Kings Landing and forced to join Euron after he fucks up old town and Victarion screws his marriage pact with dany

Just pissed we didn't get more scenes of him commanding the wall and staffing the abondened castles with wildlings. At first glance in the books, his stabbing looks spur of the moment but in reality its planned out and done only by a few brothers not the entire watch

If she joins book-Euron, she'll be strapped naked to the bow of a ship as a blood sacrifice. Which would be cool, but not a fitting end for Cersei.

>which isn’t at all what book Baelish is like.
What is book Baelish like?

In all fairness, the siege of riverrun shows a prime example of the "paladin oaths trope"

Player 1 (Jaime) wants to storm the castle
However there are NPCs in said castle Player 2 (Brienne) is Oathbound to protect
This causes friction between the players, and they must work together and with the NPCs to solve the problem

I fucking hate that he (and everyone else for that matter) basically forgot about the Wall as soon as he left it. As soon as he retook Winterfell and was crowned King in the North, he should have called all northern banners to man the Wall and led the defense of the realm from there.

youtube.com/watch?v=ULlAj3iXwQQ
No Jon scene in the show is as good as this. His storm of swords chapters were great. They also fucked up by destroying his reunion with Ghost which plays a part in him rejecting Stannis’ offer.
He just remains a mopey bastard in the show

The feast/dance split fucked up the pacing far more than GRRM anticipated. In plot terms Aegon is introduced at about the halfway point, but it seems much later because of the huge gap between Feast and Dance. Splitting the books by geography was a baffling idea.

AFFC didn’t need 3 ironborn povs(take away Aeron) and Brienne’s and Sam’s travels could’ve easily been shortened. Always pissed me off that Jon’s first moments as LC are seen from Sam’s perspective

Could anyone explain the obsession with this guy?

The Forsaken chapter is good enough that I'd keep Aeron, but you could cut Asha. Then introduce her POV in Dance, when she's with Stanis.

Also cut Brienne's trip to Crackclaw point and Duskendale. What was the point of any of that? Just world building?

He's a Game of Thrones character stuck in the Game of Thrones soap opera spin off

Could just cut the iron born out in general.
>muh fantasy Vikings
Could have had a not Ireland instead

They were busy assassinating Stannis' character long before they ran out of books.
Remember the fucking baby jars?

AAAAAGGGGGHHHHH SAVE ME GRRM IT WASN'T SUPPOSED TO END LIKE T-

Attached: aaaggghhh (3).png (591x559, 166K)

Based AAAAAGGGGGHHHHH-poster

Attached: 1538846146015.png (472x624, 167K)

He's the only King still alive in the books of the War for the Five Kings.
He's the rightful heir. Nothing can change that.
youtu.be/RH2nQBVm7Wk

Attached: 1560745720823.gif (500x490, 971K)

Attached: aaaggghhh (8).png (354x870, 91K)

Yeah but we all know Young Griff, Daenerys, or Jon will sit on the Iron Throne in the end. Stannis is meant to be the failed hero.

supposed to be the nicest most harmless guy youve ever met. a kindly favorite uncle who just seems like an all around great guy you could trust. littlefinger gets along with everyone.
show littlefinger might as well be snidely whiplash with a sign saying i will betray you for i am a sneaky motherfucker.

Funny because you just mentioned 3 failed heroes and 1 woman to go crazy by madness. Bran King better not turn out shit in the books, but it probably will

I always thought that everyone fails in end and Bran goes back in time to make it right this time, hence A Dream of Spring because all of Westeros is snowbound and conquered by the Others.

He’s more like that nerdy kid that everyone treats as a doormat and is eager to please.

>get a great actor to play a great character
>rewrite his character so that he comes off unlikable
what did d&d mean by this

post stannis kino
youtube.com/watch?v=VWDM6wKYnc0

The night is dark and full of turnips

Do you mean
>the broth is dark and full of turnips

TICK TOCK STANNIS

Attached: 1558911172012.png (640x354, 218K)

There'll be no iron throne

Dabidshills out

Just cut the whole book. Cersei is the part of Feast worth anything.

If trolls doxxed the female writers that fucked up rick and morty, then I'm sure we can doxx D&D.

Come on trolls. Do your thing.

I assumed Bran would become part of the Weirwood in the books like Bloodraven.

Fuck Brienne is the biggest incel, she finally gets laid at the end and is so bad Jamie leaves to go knowingly die ha ha

Brienne meeting Sam's father was a great chapter though

It's implied that stannis fucks melly