Is this the most kino ending to a television show ever?

Is this the most kino ending to a television show ever?

Attached: Jake Spike.gif (275x155, 491K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZYfKHVdmjzQ
youtube.com/watch?v=C6Yt_84-h5E
youtube.com/watch?v=g_5ZQW0BCFU
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Not gonna lie the Lost ending scenes were mostly kino af

i remember how fun that reveal was, and i keep forgetting it on rewatches so it catches me like the first time every time

Wish I could watch it all for the first time again.

>rewatching shows

Quick rundown. I only watched the st season when I was a teenager. What happens next?

I found Lost really nonsensical and hard to follow. After the first season it takes a massive nosedive and never recovers. Don't get me started on the fucking time travel, Jacob and MiB, flash sideways crap.
Why couldn't it have been good? It started so well.

Writing yourself into a corner, everyone guessing your big twist but you keep denying it AND pulling stuff out of your ass to keep it longer.

Nothing, that's the ending. You have watch everything before it for it to work

Yeah? Are you about to boast about your inability to enjoy something without diminishing returns?

So do people really believe that the ending was all a dream or they were dead the whole time?

If Ben is so smart, why did he send his 2 best surgeons out into field missions to infiltrate the plane crash?

what about claire’s baby’s significance? what about walt and his powers?
the fuck

this is exact moment i stopped watching the show.

>claire’s baby’s significance
What?

Attached: We Have To Go Back.jpg (1280x710, 62K)

That really got me. The perfect reveal, at the perfect time

I went on vacation for two weeks after watching those episodes, and spent the whole time wondering what would happen

JJ Abrams method. You create something super mysterious but there's no real explanation because what matters it to catch the attention of the audience with a sense of mystery. He did the same shit in Mission Impossible 3. The movie never tells you what Tom Cruise wants from the bad guy. It's bad because people feel like they've been tricked by a writer who didn't finish his job.

>The movie never tells you what Tom Cruise wants from the bad guy
What? He wants to stop him because that's literally his job

The flash sideways were kino as fuck

Attached: Keamy.jpg (200x165, 6K)

Absolutely fucking based Keamy, truly ourest of guys

Almost every Locke scene was kino af his character put the show on whole another level.

Attached: 8f6401d09c5faab40e6e2412e0c931c1697d8872_hq.jpg (1024x567, 48K)

>tfw the very first shot of Locke, in the aftermath of the crash, with a beautiful smile on his face because he just discovered he can walk again
Absolutely kino show and kinoer character

>believed most in the island
>got nothing from it

Poor Locke.

>Locke's about to kill himself
>suddendly Ben arrives
>convinces him not to kill himself
>has a ice talk with him, uplifting
>locke gives him some intel
>looks like everything will be alright for John
>suddendly, Ben strangles him
>Locke dies
>you get shocked, but not that shocked
>you know there is no way Locke will remain dead, he is too important of a character
>the other guys got together, like Locke intended
>they return to the island on Based Lapidus' (the true secret unsung hero of the show) plane
>on the island, as predicted, Locke returns to life
>seems more badass and self-assured
>tells Ben he should kill Jacob
>you like this new Locke
>leads a bunch of guys to meet Jacob
>meets Jacob
>meanwhile, you watched the flashbacks of Jacob's life
>realize he had a brother
>who is probably the Smoke Monster
>who can impersonate people
>dead people
>like Christian Shepheard
>or Locke...
>yfw you realize that Locke is actually the Smoke Monster now and that the true Locke was truly killed by Ben and won't probably come back and ended his days as a sad pathetic excuse of a man
What a great show

Attached: tenor (22).gif (220x220, 212K)

The Lost audience basically consisted of three groups, the brainlets who thought the show was one big science fiction mystery to be "solved", the normalfags watching it purely for the characters like they do all shows and finally the kinoseurs who could fully appreciate the mythopoeic imagery and themes.

Attached: MV5BMTAxMDg3ODA4MDNeQTJeQWpwZ15BbWU4MDE1Mjk1NjIx._V1_.jpg (500x375, 46K)

Back when it aired I must admit I more belonged more to the first group than to the third and a lot was lost on me and went over my head. Rewatching it, being more educated, being more well-read and having a much deeper perspective I've come to love it even more.

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand LOST. The drama and dynamics between faith and science are extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics and ancient mythology most of the scenes will go over a typical viewer's head. There's also Jacob's metaphysical outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation - his personal philosophy draws heavily from Vedic literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of his interaction with the Man in Black, to realize that they're not just a puzzle to be solved- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence plebs who dislike LOST truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the metaphore of the cork, which itself is a cryptic reference to the Bhagavad Gita. I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated brainlets scratching their heads in confusion as Damon Lindelof's genius unfolds itself on their television screens.

Attached: 676d49a473a900622a1260db682b1477.jpg (640x360, 68K)

Cause he wanted Goodwill far away from Juliet (probably dead too).

not only in the island he was literally good, loving, helping, belived and trusted in everyone and got back stabbed by people in his life and also by the people on the island.

Attached: T1rfz62fo3_500.jpg (500x250, 17K)

They wrote Walt out of the show because his actor aged too quickly. Seasons 1-4 take place over 100 days. Also keep in mind just because some character says another character is special doesn't mean it's true.

youtube.com/watch?v=ZYfKHVdmjzQ

absolute kino

I forgot how kino this show was.

Attached: 54d3d0f12995c_-_esq-lost-de.jpg (1600x800, 174K)

Finished rewatching yesterday and I'd almost entirely forgotten everything after season 3. So many good moments I'd forgotten about throughout.

Incredibly based

Attached: Untitled37.jpg (703x1080, 346K)

the most kino episode ending was Captain Picard got turnend into a borg

That's literally the end of the episode.
It's a reveal that Jack is actually willingly staying with the "others" despite everyone assuming he was held prisoner, and the "others" having been portrayed as nothing but alien monsters up until this point.

youtube.com/watch?v=C6Yt_84-h5E

The hatch was kino, as were Desmond and Ben. Also Locke's introduction in the first few episodes of Season 1 were some of the coolest shit I've ever seen. The smoke monster was okay, the others were okay. The flashback narrative system got really tired by Season 3 and the time travel was awful, especially in Season 5 when they were jumping around in time uncontrollably. I know there were a bunch of other plot devices in Seasons 4 and 5 but I was so jaded with the show by then that I don't remember them. I stopped watching by the end of Season 5.

Name a more kino opening to a season.

youtube.com/watch?v=g_5ZQW0BCFU

Attached: Screenshot_20190619-070727.png (1920x1080, 559K)

>Sawyer shooting the faggot after he "Give up".
>Reply with "That's for taking the kid of the raft."
>Literally Sawyer kills Tom
>Tom Sawyer
>Mark Twain would be proud.
>KINO af scene.

Attached: g44.jpg (804x257, 72K)

How about the "We have to go back" ending KINOO

Attached: f.jpg (1366x768, 106K)

He makes good eggs

I love you frens you'r my constant

Attached: dw.jpg (1280x720, 53K)

>nobody can explain why any of these scenes (one minute fragments in a multi-season show) are good or even interesting
Lost is just weeb shit for Americans.

Actively yes. My mother who isn't stupid at all, but tends to not bothering to remember shows or films she's seen very well, had this in her head as to why the ending was disappointing all those years back. Casual viewers who half remember the show think that was the final twist because of that terrible decision to put the footage of the plane wreck in the final credits as the last thing anyone saw of the show.

>gifted the ability to WALK
>revenge on his father
>nothing

>being more educated, being more well-read and having a much deeper perspective

Attached: 1318794545722.png (660x650, 1021K)

I thought Sawyer didn't kill him and Hurley comes crashing in and runs him over with the van. Am I remembering wrong?

You have to watch the show to get it. And if after watching it you think its about muhmonster and muh island mystery then.....idk just rewatch it when you get older.

Literal autism. Watch the show

Hurley ran over someone else. Tom surrendered before Sawyer executed him.

im sorry that you regress user most people do the opposite but hey you still have fortnite dances so its all good.

Attached: john-locke-facts.jpg (642x397, 66K)

>doubles down on his self-indulgent pretentiousness